Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Panamera - Official picture and info?

According to AutoTelegraaf, the image above is the first official picture of the Porsche Panamera, showing the new four-door "coupe" in all its oddly proportioned glory. The Dutch pub released the image and details on the sedan after Auto Motor und Sport supposedly broke the Monday embargo. More details will be released late Sunday night, but in the meantime, let's look at the reported specs.

The Porsche Panamera Gran Turismo is 16.3 feet long, 6.3 feet wide and 4.66 feet tall, with a wheelbase of 9.6 feet. Weight hasn't been disclosed, but its roughly two tons. The most striking detail on the profile shot is the indentations leading from the front fenders, aft of the wheels, into the doors, but the jury is still out on the Panamera's bulbous back end. The slippery shape and low profile gives the sedan a drag coefficient of 0.29, while an electronically actuated rear spoiler will keep things planted at speed.

An electronic air suspension is part of the package, along with an LSD, and power can be sent to either the rear wheels, or all four, depending on the trim level. Motivation will be provided by a range of engines, beginning with 3.6-liter V6 putting out 300 hp, and continuing upwards with the 400 hp, 4.8-liter V8 Panamera S and the Panamera Turbo, packing a twin-turbocharged version of the same bent eight putting out an estimated 500 hp. Power will be sent to Porsche's new PDK dual-clutch gearbox and although a diesel model has been ruled out, a V6-hybrid variant with 350 hp will come along at a later date.

Porsche aims to sell approximately 20,000 units of the Panamera each year, with the automaker estimating that 20% will be the range-topping Turbo model. The Panamera will only be available in S and Turbo guises at launch, with the V6 model following shortly thereafter. Once established, Porsche hopes demand will increase to 50,000 units annually, with sales beginning in the U.S., Europe and Asia next year.
    --
    Dedi La vita è troppo corta per non guidare italiano.....

Re: Panamera - Official picture and info?

Looks real and official

Who in the world was welding this ugly back to that 911 front?

I was expecting worse than that. It looks quite ok. We have to wait until Monday to see it from other views, but it is ok for me.

It needs the largest wheels possible. Similarly the S-class and the BMW 7 are flatterd by large wheels.

The size in the picture (19"?) looks small for the shape and proportions.

That's a large boat... Smiley

2 tons...  holy sh...t! Smiley

--
    RS 92 (track) 01' Boxster (curvy roads) A3 Sportback (eh... for family use only)

I am a longtime Porsche owner and supporter, but the rear of this car (if the picture is official) looks terribly out of proportion compared to the front.  As I follow the design moving from left to right, I like what I see all the way up to the mid-point of the rear wheel well.  Then everything gets stubby and plump, just begging for more length (and a bigger taillight?) after the mid point.  Also, and this may be an illusion, but the rear wheel well height and width seem much smaller than the front well.   I hope I am wrong, but this design--if it is official--could well be ridiculed, which will distract many folks from appreciating the performance attributes. 

--
    - '06 V10 ///M5

--
    - '06 V10 ///M5

--
    - '06 V10 ///M5

--
    - '06 V10 ///M5

Nice leak Flyer...
    --
    RS 92 (track) 01' Boxster (curvy roads) A3 Sportback (eh... for family use only)

I rather like the front and hate the back. Sideview yet to be seen, but most probably out of proportion. Smiley
    --

i like it, certainly a lot more than i thought i would.

i do, however, think that that the 'panamera' logo delete option for the rear is a must - just leaving 'porsche' - which is actually quite old skool and cool.

if i was in the market for this sort of car, would be a tough call between this and the maserati qp.

--
    MY07 Cayman S, Basalt Black, Black

Emperor:

I can't believe it, the rear we have seen on the camo-cars is really trueSmiley

Lets compare that with:

Maserati Quatroporte

AstonMartin Rapide

Mercedes CLS

Lamborghini Estoque

--

nooooooooo it turned out UGLIER than i thought, UGLY UGLYSmiley

It makes a GT-R look beautiful Smiley

I think the Panamera is like what a 4-door limousine by Porsche should look like.

I must admit that the only thing I don't like is the large front overhang, but unfortunately this design weakness has been with us since the 986 model.

I expected the front to be in the Porsche design concept so it is no surprise, but I am very enthusiastic about the rear that has the Porsche DNA incorporated in a limousine. Moreover, it doesn't look like any other large car on the road, with its width exceeding its height like a flying object in low flight!

Looking at the comparative pictures posted by Carlos, the CLS and the 4porte look dated next to the Panamera, although both very good looking cars.

The Rapide and the 4 door Callardo look very unnatural designs forced upon by their respective sports models.

As regards the comments about the weight and size of the new car, what do they compare it with, a GT3? Each for its purpose. You cannot expect  the physique of a gymnast to be suitable for a javelin thrower, for example.

I don't think it is that bad, i would like to see it in person.

I also think that , same as  the Cayenne that is  not the better lookink SUV for me but is the best to drive imho, even  the Panamera will not be the finest of its competitors but  will compensate with better driving .

I think is nicer than a Scaglietti! (another f******g ugly bastard) Smiley

--
    ALL PORSCHE ARE REAL PORSCHE!!!

art.italy:

I don't think it is that bad, i would like to see it in person.

Totally agree to that and many get used to say it is ulgy and just stick to that ´cause they got used to it.

--
    ALL PORSCHE ARE REAL PORSCHE!!!

I'll wait for Geneva premiere (have a feeling that something is still strange with rear end / hatch door)

Rossi:
    I rather like the front and hate the back. Sideview yet to be seen, but most probably out of proportion. Smiley
    --

completely out of proportion, a hatchback rear end on a supposedly high-end 4 door coupe Smiley

Here is just a little quick chop of the roofline, without bothering to retouch the rest to match the mod, but even still, it brings out the nonsense of the hatchback rear...

--

IMO the car looks very good and way better than I expected. And as every other Porsche, it will look even better in flesh...

Note to Porsche : I would have seriously considered buying Carlos's sleekly sophisticated Panamera , as it's obvious to anyone with  a car IQ over 50 that it's a Porsche product . Your   whale-sized  scaled up 911silhouette  version is so condescendingly insulting to it's buyer base !!!!  I wouldn't go anywhere near your bulbous version.

To make matters worse , in  the US, a hatchback has even lower  consumer stature   than  a minivan, if that's possible  .

Just a little sidenote(but I guess you guys already know): yes, these pictures are the real thing. Smiley

I saw this car in flesh and although I really tried to like it(the interior is kind of overloaded and Vertu-like but I liked it...for a Porsche), I couldn't get used to the rear.

Carlos photoshopped image actually shows a much cleaner sideline but I guess Porsche wanted a 911-like rear to bring the Panamera near the 911 sportscar.

Well, I'm not sure if Porsche design succeeded with this task: when my son saw these pictures a couple of days ago, he told me "this is a Cayenne". Well done, Porsche. Smiley

--
    RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

I know what I'll be doing on Monday now...... phoning my dealer to get my deposit back!

reginos:
    ISUK:
    I know what I'll be doing on Monday now...... phoning my dealer to get my deposit back!
    Good, you will make space for a lucky would be owner Smiley
    They're most welcome to it! I'll happily avoid the cliff like depreciation this car is sure to have with those looks Smiley

For what it's worth, I think the 2/3 views are actually quite nice but Panamera's side is terrible.

High res images are at  http://www.worldcarfans.com/9081122.002/largemini3/official-porsche-panamera-image-leaked

It looks so ugly, I might be forced to sell my 997, because I'd be too embarassed to own a Porsche. Smiley
    --
    2005 997S Blk/Blk

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM