Crown

Board: Motor Sports Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Brazilian F1 Grand Prix in Sao Paulo

andrea:

Too much errors in ferrari this season...the could won the title 2 races ago

I'm convinced that Alonso could won last year and this year the title without any favoritism for lewis in mclaren...

--
    Dedi La vita è troppo corta per non guidare italiano.....

I'm convinced too.!!!

What a shocking ending, I couldn't believe what happened, lol....I was in fact lost in words.

Hamilton must be THE LUCKIEST MAN ON EARTH....BIG BIG BIG TIME. Smiley

I just hope that next time some Hamilton's fan's, says Alonso was lucky.....PLEASE think twice, because yesterday the term luck was not even close to what happened.....this was magic luck????Smiley haha.

anyway, congrats to Hamilton!!!!he did great not risking nothing, just focused in the championship.

Ferrari should thank the man in charge of the electronic traffic light when Massa entered to pits....

On wednsday will know what Alonso does, if he stays at renault or ............well answer is very simple, I believe

--

Alex18_996CC:

I'm convinced too.!!!

What a shocking ending, I couldn't believe what happened, lol....I was in fact lost in words.

Hamilton must be THE LUCKIEST MAN ON EARTH....BIG BIG BIG TIME. Smiley

I just hope that next time some Hamilton's fan's, says Alonso was lucky.....PLEASE think twice, because yesterday the term luck was not even close to what happened.....this was magic luck????Smiley haha.

anyway, congrats to Hamilton!!!!he did great not risking nothing, just focused in the championship.

Ferrari should thank the man in charge of the electronic traffic light when Massa entered to pits....

On wednsday will know what Alonso does, if he stays at renault or ............well answer is very simple, I believe

Why Hamilton was lucky?

In fact he was very unlucky it rained so late in the race, otherwise he would have finished a comfortable 4th.

But it rained! Had Glock gone in for rain tyres like everybody else, then Hamilton would exit the pits in front of him anyway.

But Glock stayed out on dry tyres and as expected he couldn't hold the two drivers immediately behind him, Vettel and Hamilton.

Where is the luck? Massa's engine didn't blow out or anything on the final lap!

As regards the pitlane fiasco in Singapore, this should not be mentioned in isolation. Please be reminded of the numerous penalties Hamilton incurred this season (too many to remember exactly), the most controversial being the 25s penalty in Belgium.

If Massa won the title he would be the most mediocre driver to do so in the history of modern F1. I am for McLaren not necessarily for Hamilton, and I was glad when Alonso and Raikkonen won their titles because they deserved it. IMO Massa is a flash in the pan and very incomplete for this level. I hope Ferrari get a real driver soon as it befits their illustrious history.

Check out the Youtube footage of where Hamilton passes Glock just before the finish.

Someone please tell me why the tarmac seems to be 100% dry there, and why Glock is driving so slowly? 

Looks very strange IMO. 

ResB:

--
    Well, if you think Ferrari and Massa got owned because they thought Massa had won the title, you must think LH got owned just as much. He didn´t understand it himself, that he had won the moment he passed Glock.

That only dawned on him after he  passed the finish line and was told so.

Dr. Phil:

Check out the Youtube footage of where Hamilton passes Glock just before the finish.

Someone please tell me why the tarmac seems to be 100% dry there, and why Glock is driving so slowly? 

Looks very strange IMO. 

The only explanation I can find then, is that Glock is on the McLaren-Mercedes payroll. Perhaps also Mercedes promised him a nice dealership near his home town for when he retires.

In exchange he was asked to do just that on the last corner.

Unfortunately, McLaren-Mercedes had to resort to such shady dealings to in order to save their season in the face of the unashamed favouritism the FIA has been showing towards the Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro. Smiley

I am sure that this version of events will be the most popular with the tifosi and the anti-Hamilton groups.

On the other hand Glock might bear Ferrari a grudge  for giving a chance to another  very average driver like Massa instead of him.

Who knows what went into Glock's head? Smiley

Dr. Phil:
    ResB:

--
    Well, if you think Ferrari and Massa got owned because they thought Massa had won the title, you must think LH got owned just as much. He didn´t understand it himself, that he had won the moment he passed Glock.

That only dawned on him after he  passed the finish line and was told so.

This scene will remain a classic.

Not even the best film director could have staged it better! Life imitating cinema!

Dr. Phil:

Looks very strange IMO. 

Still can't believe Hamilton - a 23 year old brought up on a council (public housing) estate has become F1 world champion. What an inspiration!!

I thought Dr. Phil would know more about the technical nature of the sport Smiley

'F1 tyres have an optimum operating temperature, and when they drop below that they rapidly lose grip, which dramatically slows lap times.'

BBC News: Glock helpless on Hamilton pass

--
    2008 987S Cobalt Blue/Black.

This is quite interesting:

McLaren seem to have two different stories on what was going on in the last lap.

WHITMARSH:

"We were obviously telling Lewis throughout that what was happening so he knew he had to keep it together, not panic, not do anything dangerous with Vettel and just to do his job to catch Glock and win the world championship.

HAMILTON:

"The team didn't say anything so I thought I was shot," said Hamilton, who became Britain's ninth world champion and the first since Damon Hill in 1996.

"I didn't know where Glock was and Vettel was the guy to beat and I couldn't catch him, so at that point I was going to finish sixth. My heart was in my mouth," said Hamilton

"When it started to drizzle, I didn't want to take any risks but at the final corner I got past Glock and I couldn't believe it.

"I thought 'do I have it, do I have it?' When they told me, I was ecstatic.

NORBERT HAUG:

„Wir haben Lewis gesagt: ´Pack dir Timo Glock´. Wir wussten ja, dass dieser auf Trockenreifen unterwegs war und im Regen Schwierigkeiten bekommen würde.“

Translated:

"We said to Lewis: 'Get Time Glock'. We did now that he was on slicks and get problems with the rain"

Yesterday Hamilton!

Tomorrow Obama?

reginos:

Yesterday Hamilton!

Tomorrow Obama?

Two inspirational & bright people who come from humble beginnings (and happen to be mixed race) winning in one week...... Smiley

--

Dr. Phil:

McLaren seem to have two different stories on what was going on in the last lap.

WHITMARSH:

"We were obviously telling Lewis throughout that what was happening so he knew he had to keep it together, not panic, not do anything dangerous with Vettel and just to do his job to catch Glock and win the world championship.

HAMILTON:

"The team didn't say anything so I thought I was shot," said Hamilton, who became Britain's ninth world champion and the first since Damon Hill in 1996.

"I didn't know where Glock was and Vettel was the guy to beat and I couldn't catch him, so at that point I was going to finish sixth. My heart was in my mouth," said Hamilton

"When it started to drizzle, I didn't want to take any risks but at the final corner I got past Glock and I couldn't believe it.

"I thought 'do I have it, do I have it?' When they told me, I was ecstatic.

Think theres a little editing going on becuase I'm sure I heard LH say in an interview that he knew Glock was his only hope.  Anyway, all superfluous now, untill the FIA step in and say it took LH too long to put the sterring wheel on and take the WC away from him. Smiley

--

ResB:

Think theres a little editing going on becuase I'm sure I heard LH say in an interview that he knew Glock was his only hope.  Anyway, all superfluous now, untill the FIA step in and say it took LH too long to put the sterring wheel on and take the WC away from him. Smiley--

I am sure FIA are already looking into the matter.

The least they will do is to suspend Glock's racing licence and fine him. Even if Glock genuinely couldn't hold Hamilton, why didn't he crash on him when they were side by side? This is question Glock will have to answer when he appears in front of the FIA Disciplinary Committee.

That would be a big year for black people.

That of course still doesn't mean there are equal chances, but it for sure shows that things are getting better for black people!  

Eunice:

That would be a big year for black people.

That of course still doesn't mean there are equal chances, but it for sure shows that things are getting better for black people!  

Actually, both are half-black or half-white, depending on your angle of view.

So, everybody can consider them as their own and be happy for their success!

Dr. Phil:

WHITMARSH:

If one thing is for certain in this world is that you can never trust what McLaren people say.

gangajas:
    Dr. Phil:

WHITMARSH:

If one thing is for certain in this world is that you can never trust what McLaren people say.

I am trying to figure out who was the saddest person in the world yesterday?

Massa or Alonso?

reginos:
    gangajas:
    Dr. Phil:

WHITMARSH:

Massa or Alonso?

Massa no doubt about it. But almost every single F1 aficionado (and most of the drivers) outside of England can't stand McLaren so many people yesterday felt sad about the outcome of the Championship.

gangajas:
    reginos:
    gangajas:
    Dr. Phil:

WHITMARSH:

Massa or Alonso?

Massa no doubt about it. But almost every single F1 aficionado (and most of the drivers) outside of England can't stand McLaren so many people yesterday felt sad about the outcome of the Championship.

I think you are exaggerating a bit.

McLaren have a very long and glorious motorsport history with great champions and successful associations with important car manufacturers, like Porsche, Honda and Mercedes.

So there are millions of  Mercedes fans worldwide who are also on McLaren's side and I am sure Finns who support Kovalainen or even Hakkinen.

Also there lots of fans who cannot stand Ferrari and the preferential treatment they get from FIA and its track operatives who want McLaren to win.

I am also sure that if Alonso had a good time at McLaren, thousands of spanish people would be McLaren supporters.

McLaren is not only for english people. It is an international racing oufit with fans everywhere in the world. 

gangajas:
    reginos:
    gangajas:
    Dr. Phil:

WHITMARSH:

Massa or Alonso?

yep, there are a lot of tifosi and alonso fanboys out there.

I grew up loving Brabham and then Williams rather than McLaren, but have to say that I'm very pleased for them.

reginos:
    gangajas:
    Dr. Phil:

WHITMARSH:

Massa or Alonso?

Neither.. It was Dr. Phil

--

reginos:
    gangajas:
    reginos:
    gangajas:
    Dr. Phil:

WHITMARSH:

Massa or Alonso?

I think you are exaggerating a bit.

McLaren have a very long and glorious motorsport history with great champions and successful associations with important car manufacturers, like Porsche, Honda and Mercedes.

So there are millions of  Mercedes fans worldwide who are also on McLaren's side and I am sure Finns who support Kovalainen or even Hakkinen.

Also there lots of fans who cannot stand Ferrari and the preferential treatment they get from FIA and its track operatives who want McLaren to win.

I am also sure that if Alonso had a good time at McLaren, thousands of spanish people would be McLaren supporters.

McLaren is not only for english people. It is an international racing oufit with fans everywhere in the world. 

Ok, probably many Germans feel happy for Mercedes, but Dennis doesn't give a s**t about them.

Do you think there are any Kovachello fans out there? Nobody cares about him anymore, if he ever wanted to be a WDC he has dug his own grave.

South America? Dennis tried to destroy Montoya's career so maybe there are some fans there but I doubt it.

Scotland? Ask Coulthard about the treatment he recieved from Dennis.

Poland? Ron has made jokes of very poor taste about Kubica's atributes, I don't think many people like his team there.

We all feel happy for De la Rosa in Spain.

Edit: If Glock had watched this video before the race....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTgLf3mNva0

My quote from Whitmarsh and Hamilton was simply a matter of curiosity.

Just strange that they tell different stories.

As for Glock he may have been trying his hardest to keep his position. If we had the data from other drivers who took the last few laps on slicks/regulars, we could see if they had the same slow laptime as Glock.

If they did, then that would pretty much end any debate about him tanking the last lap.

Personally, I couldnt see why he would. If anything he probably doesnt have fussy feelings for LH.

I just find it horribly annoying and very much a matter of fate and coincidence playing the worst of cards at the worst possible time. But such is racing.

HA: Yes, you are probably right. I felt almost worse than Massa that LH won Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley 

gangajas:

Ok, probably many Germans feel happy for Mercedes, but Dennis doesn't give a s**t about them.

Do you think there are any Kovachello fans out there? Nobody cares about him anymore, if he ever wanted to be a WDC he has dug his own grave.

South America? Dennis tried to destroy Montoya's career so maybe there are some fans there but I doubt it.

Scotland? Ask Coulthard about the treatment he recieved from Dennis.

Poland? Ron has made jokes of very poor taste about Kubica's atributes, I don't think many people like his team there.

We all feel happy for De la Rosa in Spain.

Edit: If Glock had watched this video before the race....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTgLf3mNva0

The drivers you mention above were not up to the job, so it wasn't McLaren's fault.

Montoya: spectacular but unreliable. where is he now? any success?

Coulthard: not good enough for the red baron

Alonso: top driver and unlucky to be with Hamilton. This is the Mclaren way though; equal status. Remember Lauda-Prost and Prost-Senna. If a driver wants #1 status he must make a contract with Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro! 

The comment about Kubica's nose was not elegant at all, but it was not as if he said something we couldn't see.

Fans are very fickle and change their moods. For example when Barichello was with Ferrari, brasilians must have been angry with the scuderia that forced him to play second fiddle. Because of Massa they all became tifosi again.

Glock on dry tyres is not Schumacher on slicks. Huge difference between the two. Nevertheless, I hope Glock gets his free Mercedes for the help, thoughSmiley

Dr. Phil:

I just find it horribly annoying and very much a matter of fate and coincidence playing the worst of cards at the worst possible time. But such is racing.

This is sport generally. Think of football matches, tennis etc.

But isn't the whole life like that too?

Dr. Phil:

Blame the rain. If it hadn't have rained Lewis would have come in 4th or 5th without the dramatic ending.(Maybe all races should be in the wet from now on. )

With regard to the non-UK fans of McLaren of course there are still some fans in Brazil due to Ayrton Senna's success with them.

I did see one post from a Massa fan from Brazil who was embarrassed about the booing after the race. We need to go back to these fans rather those 'new' so called fans fuelled by the nationalistic media.

Also I read (but can't find the source any more) that Alonso congratulated Hamilton 2 hours after the race. Wish some of the fans could behave with more dignity.

--

Somebody help me out here and explain this:

Checkl out the Youtube clip of the last 2 laps posted earlier in this thread.

Watch from appr. 3:05 and onward. 

Notice two things:

1) The condition of the track. Looks pretty dry to me on this particular section of the track.

2) Notice Glock in the Toyota: He keeps all the way to the left (seen from the camera POV) and lets both Vettel and Hamilton pass as if he were a backmarker who had been blue-flagged.

Is it just me, or does this look very strange to you too? I mean, if you are fighting for positions and it´s the last corner, why on earth would you just make lots of room and let the others pass? This makes no sense to me at all.

He didnt fight for his position, in fact he didnt even try.

Perhaps this is more a testament of bad tactics on Toyotas part, maybe he thought he HAD to let them pass, or he somehow didnt want to get mixed up in the championship. 

Looks like he did just that.

reginos:

This is the Mclaren way though; equal status.

Equal status, lol. Some McLaren fans are saying in other forums that McLaren should sack Kovachello and offer Vettel a seat, if the German is smart he will never go to McLaren.

Doc- I know exactly what you mean!

gangajas:
    reginos:

This is the Mclaren way though; equal status.

Equal status, lol. Some McLaren fans are saying in other forums that McLaren should sack Kovachello and offer Vettel a seat, if the German is smart he will never go to McLaren.

Equal status means that the team doesn't favour one or the other. They fight it out. See 2007, Alonso and Hamilton: 4 wins each and equal points, both behind the champion.

So no driver will be deprived for the benefit of the other like it happens in Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro for example. The risk of course is obvious. Unless the team is in a dominant position like in the 80s with McLaren-TAG Porsche and McLaren Honda, both drivers are at risk of losing the championship,like it happened last year.

So Alonso's complaint shouldn't be that he wasn't treated equally. He was treated equally but not given preference as the #1 driver.

For me it is not the correct strategy for a team going for the championship, but you know Mclaren are a bit eccentric. Ferrrari are more "machiavellian" in their approach.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    762525 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435405 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260531 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257589 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80956 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5321 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

872323 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    807691 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM