Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Racist abuse against Hamilton aheda of Brazil Thread Closed

Thought you might find this interesting:

Lewis Hamilton subject of racist abuse ahead of the Brazilian Grand Prix

And the video:

Re: Racist abuse against Hamilton aheda of Brazil Thread Closed

Jesus christ, the Spanish have some issues.. not only in being 50 or so years behind the rest of europe, but also how to behave internationally. Sometimes i wonder how they are part of the EU Smiley

And don't say it's just a small minority... it obviously is the thought of the general Spanish public. Too sad, so sad..

Alonso shouldn't even be in F1 in the first place Smiley

--

2005 Ford Focus S, 5spd
    1986 Porsche 944, 5spd

Atzporsche:

Jesus christ, the Spanish have some issues.. not only in being 50 or so years behind the rest of europe, but also how to behave internationally. Sometimes i wonder how they are part of the EU Smiley

And don't say it's just a small minority... it obviously is the thought of the general Spanish public. Too sad, so sad..

Sorry, but you are just as stupid as the assholes that created that website.

Sorry, but I really think you're crossing a line here.

Atzporsche:

--

2005 Ford Focus S, 5spd
    1986 Porsche 944, 5spd

Alzporsche,

You post shows a great deal of ignorance towards Europe, and as a spaniard I take offense at what you said. I could pull much worse racist incidents against black and native americans in Canada and that doesn't mean its mainstream Canada. Racism in Spain? of course but Spain is just as racist as its neighboring countries like France, Italy, ect, no more no less (we do not even have a far right political party in the parlament like other countries), but this is a great story for the brittish press who are on a vicious campaign for Hamilton, and its not what they what to make it seem, they are the main ones responsible for this who grabbed comments from adolescents on a stuped website in the anonimity of the internet to make a headlines new story. Its like calling the republicans racists because some of their voters make racist remaks towards Obama in an atempt to hurt him. I'm not racist and neither is most of the people I know, if you don't know much about Europe you should refrain from such insulting statements.

As to Spain being 50 years behind EU guess who just overtook Canada as the 8 biggest economy in the world? yes Spain.

gangajas:
    Atzporsche:

gangajas,

If you feel insulted by a post don't insult back, you explain why with arguments, but there is no name calling here.

--

Carlos from Spain:
    gangajas:
    Atzporsche:

gangajas,

If you feel insulted by a post don't insult back, you explain why with arguments, but there is no name calling here.

My blood was boiling with his comment and I didn't use the brain while posting. I regret having written that.

They made a similar website during euro 2008 italy vs spain with all kinds of insults...

Don't know,but spanish like to make a big deal on eveything regarding them. 

Carlos from Spain:

As to Spain being 50 years behind EU guess who just overtook Canada as the 8 biggest economy in the world? yes Spain.

I should hope so, given that you have ~30% more people in your country than we do. Smiley

"but this is a great story for the brittish press who are on a vicious campaign for Hamilton, and its not what they what to make it seem, they are the main ones responsible for this who grabbed comments from adolescents on a stuped website in the anonimity of the internet to make a headlines new story."

I agree that the Spanish seem to be very public in the way they express racism.

I remember the "Chinese eyes" pictures from the 2008 Olympics, when people representing
    Spain on an international stage thought it was extremely amusing to make "Chinese eyes"
    for public photographs.
    That shows that they were either being racist or they are completely ignorant to acceptable behaviour.

The Spicks need to learn to behave in a civilised manner.

The easiest occupation in the world must be a Spanish comedian, they seem easy to amuse.Smiley

vinnie:

"but this is a great story for the brittish press who are on a vicious campaign for Hamilton, and its not what they what to make it seem, they are the main ones responsible for this who grabbed comments from adolescents on a stuped website in the anonimity of the internet to make a headlines new story."

I agree that the Spanish seem to be very public in the way they express racism.

I remember the "Chinese eyes" pictures from the 2008 Olympics, when people representing
    Spain on an international stage thought it was extremely amusing to make "Chinese eyes"
    for public photographs.
    That shows that they were either being racist or they are completely ignorant to acceptable behaviour.

The easiest occupation in the world must be a Spanish comedian, they seem easy to amuse.Smiley

What does Spick exactly mean?

By the way, regarding the whole "all Spanish people are racist" tune that some media is playing again and again, that's not true all. I could make the same assumptions about Australia after the terrible Cronulla incidents, for instance, but I won't because it's obvoius or at least it should be that it's stupid to judge a whole country for that kind of things.

I haven't even heard about that prejudice that all spains are racist. I doubt that the spains are more racist than any european country.

gangajas:

What does Spick exactly mean?

`Spic`:

NOUN:
    Offensive Slang

Used as a disparaging term for a Hispanic person.

ETYMOLOGY:
    Alteration of obsolete spig, a Mexican, short for spiggoty, perhaps from an accented pronunciation of (No) speak the (English)

I guess there are racists in Australia too?

vinnie:

You better have a very good explanation for this term you have just employed or you will be taking a vacation from Rennteam for making a derogatory ethnic/racial insult.You have been warned before about your language, and now making racial slurs? this is one of the biggest no no's you can make in an international forum like this.

I'm not joking around, I expect your reply, because unless you have a very good explanation you can consider yourself banned, its not your first warning.

--

Carlos from Spain:
    Atzporsche:

Jesus christ, the Spanish have some issues.. not only in being 50 or so years behind the rest of europe, but also how to behave internationally. Sometimes i wonder how they are part of the EU Smiley

--

2005 Ford Focus S, 5spd
    1986 Porsche 944, 5spd

Alzporsche,

You post shows a great deal of ignorance towards Europe, and as a spaniard I take offense at what you said. I could pull much worse racist incidents against black and native americans in Canada and that doesn't mean its mainstream Canada. Racism in Spain? of course but Spain is just as racist as its neighboring countries like France, Italy, ect, no more no less (we do not even have a far right political party in the parlament like other countries), but this is a great story for the brittish press who are on a vicious campaign for Hamilton, and its not what they what to make it seem, they are the main ones responsible for this who grabbed comments from adolescents on a stuped website in the anonimity of the internet to make a headlines new story. Its like calling the republicans racists because some of their voters make racist remaks towards Obama in an atempt to hurt him. I'm not racist and neither is most of the people I know, if you don't know much about Europe you should refrain from such insulting statements.

Carlos,

I appologize for the harsh comment as it was a blind response to the article. I guess i've just gotten really sick of the way debates are going over here on our side with Obama (which i find absurd and redicilous) that when reading about the Spanish i just wrote without thinking. I didn't mean the comments I made, because i am sick of what you were getting at with the media. Be it the British media in this case.. They're putting up redicilous stuff about others in favour of their own at the most inappropreate times... Is the press who made this website pusblished not as bad as the guys who started the website?? Well i think they're worse, and hence why i was so angry. My response was trying to adress what i think the british press who released it wants to hear, because it truely is the only thing i can think of. Of course, people do inappropriate stuff when two nations are in competition, and some of it goes too far, but why would you publish this. Think about Hamilton in this case... let hope it only makes him stronger. As for Alonse, yes i don't like his style and yes i've added in negative words to discussions regarding him but only in a humourous sense, because in the end there's a reason he was champion!

As for the Canada thing, well let me tell you im still learning lots about the ugly truths out here. You see im German and have only 4 years ago immigrated to Canada from Holland. I grew up in Europe and therefore thing you might've gotten the wrong impression.

Either way, i appoligize for my response as it definitely sounded too opinionated, but i was trying to knock the press in a way... it's a messy place! I hope you don't hate me or something and i hope the drivers Hamilton and Alonso can push all the media and press aside and focus to their fullest such that we'll see an amazing race in about 14 hours!!!

--

2005 Ford Focus S, 5spd
    1986 Porsche 944, 5spd

gangajas:
    Carlos from Spain:
    gangajas:
    Atzporsche:

Jesus christ, the Spanish have some issues.. not only in being 50 or so years behind the rest of europe, but also how to behave internationally. Sometimes i wonder how they are part of the EU Smiley

gangajas,

My blood was boiling with his comment and I didn't use the brain while posting. I regret having written that.

I regret having written my initial post.

--

2005 Ford Focus S, 5spd
    1986 Porsche 944, 5spd

seems like the birth of rennteam 2.0 has also made people a bit too sensitive. I think everyone should just take a chil pill and not forget that this is merely an internet forum Smiley

Eunice:
    I haven't even heard about that prejudice that all spains are racist. I doubt that the spains are more racist than any european country.
    I think the media is accountable for 99.999% of that prejudice. I've enjoyed holidays in Spain several times, and they were the friendliest bunch!! Super fun times.

But i feel bad about my initial comment so i should probably hide for a while :(

--

2005 Ford Focus S, 5spd
    1986 Porsche 944, 5spd

Atzporsche

Carlos,

I appologize for the harsh comment as it was a blind response to the article. I guess i've just gotten really sick of the way debates are going over here on our side with Obama (which i find absurd and redicilous) that when reading about the Spanish i just wrote without thinking. I didn't mean the comments I made, because i am sick of what you were getting at with the media. Be it the British media in this case.. They're putting up redicilous stuff about others in favour of their own at the most inappropreate times... Is the press who made this website pusblished not as bad as the guys who started the website?? Well i think they're worse, and hence why i was so angry. My response was trying to adress what i think the british press who released it wants to hear, because it truely is the only thing i can think of. Of course, people do inappropriate stuff when two nations are in competition, and some of it goes too far, but why would you publish this. Think about Hamilton in this case... let hope it only makes him stronger. As for Alonse, yes i don't like his style and yes i've added in negative words to discussions regarding him but only in a humourous sense, because in the end there's a reason he was champion!

As for the Canada thing, well let me tell you im still learning lots about the ugly truths out here. You see im German and have only 4 years ago immigrated to Canada from Holland. I grew up in Europe and therefore thing you might've gotten the wrong impression.

Either way, i appoligize for my response as it definitely sounded too opinionated, but i was trying to knock the press in a way... it's a messy place! I hope you don't hate me or something and i hope the drivers Hamilton and Alonso can push all the media and press aside and focus to their fullest such that we'll see an amazing race in about 14 hours!!!

--

2005 Ford Focus S, 5spd
    1986 Porsche 944, 5spd

Atzporsche, I think I missundertood your initial post, I though you were supporting the news report and going overboard with the response, while you were actually criticising the press coverage with sarcasm. It makes sense now since the response I interpreted initially did not fit you at all, since I know you from quite a while and you are never confictive, and was kind of shocked at your words, didn't make sense.

I don't think people realse the battle that is being held between spain and brittish sport press regarding F1 and soccer, its ridiculous, its like NewYork Post vs Fox News regarding the us elections. They both make completely biased news stories and make up stories were there aren't any to serve their respective readers and its very harmuful for the sport and also feeds gasoline and a match stick to the anger of the respective fans, of which the press is mainly responsible. This news report is the perfect example.

--

Atzporsche:
    But i feel bad about my initial comment so i should probably hide for a while :(

--

2005 Ford Focus S, 5spd
    1986 Porsche 944, 5spd

Please don't, its cleared up now and its all good Atzporsche Smiley
    --

No offence intended.

Just finished watching the F1 race, what an exciting end !!!!

Hamilton won on the last corner !!!!!

The championship finished exactly how I would have liked, with Ferrari winning

the costructors championship and Hamilton winning the drivers championship.

After all the hatred direct towards Hamilton I am glad he won the championship.

Now the youngest driver to ever hold the title,  congratulations Lewis.Smiley

vinnie:

No offence intended.

What do you mean no offense intended, that is not acceptable, you have used a racial slur on this forum, something I can't remember happening in all these years in Rennteam. You will be disciplined for this, but I'm asking you to explain what was the reason for this, to give you the benefit of the doubt to explain yourself before I act accordingly. Now, if you don't want to explain yoursefl I will take it for what it seems.

--

vinnie:

No offence intended.

Just finished watching the F1 race, what an exciting end !!!!

Hamilton won on the last corner !!!!!

The championship finished exactly how I would have liked, with Ferrari winning

the costructors championship and Hamilton winning the drivers championship.

After all the hatred direct towards Hamilton I am glad he won the championship.

Now the youngest driver to ever hold the title,  congratulations Lewis.Smiley

He proved that he's not only fast enough to win it, but also cool enough. Although I think I saw him shaking in the car Smiley

After that race, he really deserved the win.

And congratz to Vettel for overtaking Hamilton. That'll make for a HUGE bonus by his sponsors...

Carlos from Spain:
    vinnie:

No offence intended.

What do you mean no offense intended, that is not acceptable, you have used a racial slur on this forum, something I can't remember happening in all these years in Rennteam. You will be disciplined for this, but I'm asking you to explain what was the reason for this, to give you the benefit of the doubt to explain yourself before I act accordingly. Now, if you don't want to explain yoursefl I will take it for what it seems.

--

Well, vinnie, I have asked you twice now, seen that you have logged into the forum everyday but prefered to ignore it and do not want to neither explain nor apologise for using racist slurs in the forum. Your behaviour is not welcomed here and you have been banned from this forum.

--

nnteRe: Racist abuse against Hamilton aheda of Brazil Thread Closed

I apologise to everyone on Rennteam for getting angry in this post for no justified reason and using a "racial slur".
    There is no excuse for what I did,  it was wrong to get carried away and post that remark.

Was very stupid of me and I wish I could take back my actions.

I will take the passive approach next time there is an angry thread.

I  am very sorry for my irresponsible comments.

nnteRe: Racist abuse against Hamilton aheda of Brazil Thread Closed

This thread is now re-closed.
    --

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    764335 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436504 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261040 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257966 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82637 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5329 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

876864 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    808917 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM