Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

For MaxT and other aston martin lovers!!

Last week went did an appointment at aston martin dealer to test drive the new v8 vantage....

Let me say this car is amazing it is probably the nicest sportscar in the market right now, and pics dont do justice to this car....the finishes, the design, the interior etc it is all a piece of art..Even the little metal badge in the engine, showing who did the final expection to the car......

I've been to lots of sportscar dealers and most of them porsche of course...it is also special and exciting but when we entered to the aston dealer, it was like entering a museum, cars where like pieces of art standing in the floor.....They had inside a v8 vantage and 2 db9's....other than that they had an old aston martin.......

Well the vantage is just amazing in every single way......BUT BUT BUT !! from my point of view I was really fustrated, the reason was the sound engine, I thought while I was in the rear of the car waiting to push the button and hear a really roaring sound, and to be honest it was like a mercedes clk 500 sound, not aston martin....but well still the engine sounded exclusive but again that really fustrated me....the car pushed really strong but then again it was like driving a mercedes clk 500 or 55 amg etc...its very sporty but it lacks of porsche sensation or other sportscar brand........

BUTTTT!!!!!!! In the other hand,, when we returned from the testdrive, dealer started to show us the db9, price 180.000, absolutely too expensive, but well.....he gave me the keys, and let me start the car inside dealer.....well first what I saw was that there is no room to insert the key, also I went with the new volvo S40, and aston martin keys where EXACTLY EXACTLY THE SAME AS ASTON MARTIN (I mean the remote control to open and lock the car), but anyway.....I inserted the key turned the battery did all the process, went to the dash, where you could see a button for neutral, drive, rear and in the middle start engine....push the button and I completely returned to life, it was like hearing a dragon (sound was in cold start but anyway) the sound was just one of the best I have ever heared....the ignition sound was loud and very very very peculiar I just started to laugh, then let the car settle a bit for about 5seconds, and played with the throttle, it was just amazing 6.0liters v12, each time accelerate the car up to 3.500-4.5k, the engine just shouted making an amazing sound like a dragon, then engine stopd making sound, and for a second or two you can hear "silence" and then engine survives again going back to idle, just amazing!!!!!!

Well price for the vatange that we tested-->120.000euros
    Db9 that was in the dealer-->180.000euros

Btw Max, now I have a slight idea how you feel when every time you start the db9 engine, what an experience!!

Some pics!!!!...Enjoy

Re: For MaxT and other aston martin lovers!!

pic 1

pic2

you can easily see in pic number 2, the remote control for those that own a volvo from these days, you will now what I am talking about having the same key of an aston martin, but well anyway is just a little remark!!

pic 4

pic 5, me and the vantage!!

pic 6

pic 7

pic 8

pic 9, vantage rear, possibly the best part of the car!!!

like pieces of art

vantage and the "dragon" db9

the db9!!!!!

db9

Works of art indeed

............. f1 gearbox!

...db9 interior

interior db9

.............. .

and finally the engines, without a doubt the best thing of the db9 !!! my godd!!

Thanks for posting all of those pictures Alex.
    Austin Martin make the most beautiful looking cars, absolute class.
    My favorite Austin Martin is the the DB9 Volante.

Thanks Alex!

Two questions:
    1)Re. the cabins of the DB9 and V8, although they looked the same, did you get a different feeling or did you feel like you did not switch from one car to another ?
    2)Your shot of the back of the V8 makes me wonder if the tail lights are DEL ?

@Vinnie: my favorite Aston is although the DB9 Volante, it looks even better than the hard-top version !

Hi Alex,

Seems you really enjoyed yourself I went to test drive the Vanquish S, DB9 and the Vantage this past Saturday(will post my pics when I get home). I must say that I was rather disappointed, as the media claimed that the Vantage was such a nice car to drive. The pro's of the car was the interior, it very luxurious. On the exterior is is a very attractive car too. I'm not all that impressed with the build quality though. I really disliked the way the windows were made, the look all too thin and flimsy. The car itself is quite small, a lot smaller than the Carrera. The seating position was very nice though, very comfortable. The clutch and gears(although I know it has a short shifter) were quite rough, couldn't see myself enjoying long drives with it being that stiff. The exhaust note past 4000rpm sounds really good, could have been a little louder IMO The performance is also disappointing, M3's are even quicker!

Overall the the Vantage is a nice car, but I'd MUCH RATHER have a Carrera S over it ANY day of the week, I drove to the showroom in the Carrera and when I got back in to go home, I could immediately feel the differences. The Carrera is a much better package overall, obviously I speak from personall preference, maybe other people will like the stiff clutch and gears. The DB9 and Vanquish were a lot nicer though.

Quote:
    Ziggy said:
    Thanks Alex!

Two questions:
    1)Re. the cabins of the DB9 and V8, although they looked the same, did you get a different feeling or did you feel like you did not switch from one car to another ?

@Vinnie: my favorite Aston is although the DB9 Volante, it looks even better than the hard-top version !

Hi Ziggy:

There was a difference from the vantage interior to the db9 interior, vantage is more compact and more "simple" may be....in the other hand the db9 has a much better interior may be...one of the things that really attract my attention was the db9 seats compared to the vantage....db9 seats are much much more sporty it really holds your body well, its like if you are sticked to the seat....also the dash looks a bit different, really a cool tough the buttons of the gearbox next to the start engine button compared to the single start engine button in the vantage.......Also another good feeling I had, was how the doors, hood, rear door closed, the sound they did, it really means that these cars are well build....But if I had to choose I would go for the db9 interior, but anyways the vantage interior was looking excellent, may be that example we tested with the red leather wasnt matching perfectly although it looked nice!!

About question number 2, I cant tell you....but rear lights and front lights where really cool!!

Mike....Yes there is a big difference between performance in the vatange and the carrera S, the main problem of the vantage is the weight, you really have to take the engine to high revvs to respond well...although I think the engine was ok, it had its pecualiar sound engine, but for me was frustrating, much much better the 997S with pse, and if we talk about cold start then there is no comparison.....

Like I said, the db9 engine was just another thing, absolutely another thing...it was like having 2 engines instead of one....so I cant believe turning on the engine of the vanquish or the vanquish S!!!

cheers!!

Thanks for your responce Alex

Quote:
    Ziggy said:

Yes they are LEDs, from the AM website:

Quote:
    Headlamps feature innovative LED (light emitting diode) indicators and side lights, and optional xenon dipped beam headlights are available. The rear lamps employ 360 LEDs for lights, brake and indicators.

Excellent report and pictures Alex, thank you

Quote:
    temm said:
    Quote:
    Ziggy said:

Yes they are LEDs, from the AM website:

Quote:
    Headlamps feature innovative LED (light emitting diode) indicators and side lights, and optional xenon dipped beam headlights are available. The rear lamps employ 360 LEDs for lights, brake and indicators.

Thank you very much

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689766 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409342 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255802 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235026 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65553 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4649 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858112 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774186 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM