Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Sell 991 GTS4 now and wait 6 months for the new GT3?

IMG_6257.JPG
    IMG_6274.JPGhello,

I am on my dealer list for the new 991.2 GT3 and can't wait to see it in Geneva.

I owned a 991 GTS4 for 15 months, we all love this car on this board! Truly an amazing daily driver with fantastic engine, sound and driving dynamics (SPASM with PDCC). The car is 13500 km, agate grey and as good as new!

Now the question is : what is the best timing to sell? 

Few options : 

1. Right now?

2. Just before the new GT3 delivery?

3. Make a swap deal with my Porsche dealer in switzerland when the  new car arrives?

I can survive without a 911 for 6 to 9 months. I almost think it'll make the GT3 delivery more special!

what do you guys think? Any experiences specifically in Switzerland?

Thank you. 

Couple of pics attached.

Re: Sell 991 GTS4 now and wait 6 months for the new GT3?

OK,  I won't even mention the mesh... (and I really have to keep myself from doing it indecision). 

My (German) dealer said that the 991.1 GTS models are holding up in value pretty well. With the new GT3 coming, I assume that more GTS will flood the market or at least some older GT3 (991.1) and maybe even GT3 RS.

So personally, I'd say sell as fast as possible but I am no expert.

If you dealer offers a good swap deal, why not?!

Maybe Swiss users should answer this...

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

90% of the value comes from the custom made mesh! I love it this way ;) you have to admit it looks fantastic and oem. 

Depends on your priorities. To maximize value sell now. To establish a long lasting relationship with your dealer let him have it when you order or pick up the GT3. But my question to you is if you love the GTS as much as you do why buy the GT3? It is a totally different car and would not be considered a DD type of car. 

--

"A man wrapped up in himself makes for a very small bundle."

DocMo:

90% of the value comes from the custom made mesh! I love it this way ;) you have to admit it looks fantastic and oem. 

Actually, it voids the warranty but maybe things are different in Switzerland. Smiley

Yes, it looks great...this is true. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

My Swiss dealer loves the grills too and my warranty is not voided. Zero issues.  People ask me very often if it's a 911 R ;) I wish...

nberry:

Depends on your priorities. To maximize value sell now. To establish a long lasting relationship with your dealer let him have it when you order or pick up the GT3. But my question to you is if you love the GTS as much as you do why buy the GT3? It is a totally different car and would not be considered a DD type of car. 

Why the GT3 because it's a GT3  so no rational reason just emotions and the 6 speed manual ;)

I drive the GTS 2 to 3 times a week (excluding when snow) + 4 to 5 road trips a year. I believe I can use the GT3 exactly the same way but with more drama, excitement and discomfort with the LWB seats.

kiss

DocMo:
    nberry:

Why the GT3 because it's a GT3  so no rational reason just emotions and the 6 speed manual ;)

I drive the GTS 2 to 3 times a week (excluding when snow) + 4 to 5 road trips a year. I believe I can use the GT3 exactly the same way but with more drama, excitement and discomfort with the LWB seats.

Smiley Good points. When I order my GT3 I will get the LWB (if allowed in the US only for resale purposes. Anyone that tells you they are comfortable are not being honest.Smiley

--

nberry:
    Smiley Good points. When I order my GT3 I will get the LWB (if allowed in the US only for resale purposes. Anyone that tells you they are comfortable are not being honest.Smiley

Anyone who implies they are not comfortable without having sat in them for a prolonged time should not waist his time writing the above Smiley

They are confortable , more then  the Sport seats ! 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

Gnil:
    nberry:

Anyone who implies they are not comfortable without having sat in them for a prolonged time should not waist his time writing the above Smiley

Gnil, as a Swiss compatriot what do you think? Sell the GTS now or wait? 

Gnil:
    nberry:

They are only comfortable in a 911 body, not inside a 918!Smiley

But then again for prolonged sittings, I would much rather be in the F12 seats. 

--

DocMo:

Gnil, as a Swiss compatriot what do you think? Sell the GTS now or wait? 

I have not been following the market . 

The above comments form the other members make sense .

There is a red 4GTS at my dealer in Crissier for sale ( I was actually tempted )  The car is there since a few month .

Why don't you put it up for sale now, but still drive it, and if it does not go by the time your GT3 arrives, then you trade it in at your garage .  You will get less money from the garage , but at least it will be out of your worries . 

--

The market does seem a bit flooded with 991.1 Carreras. The GTS does come with a small premium, but if I was to exchange the car for a new Porsche then I would trade it in with the garage. It is the easiest solution with the least worries, as Gnil wrote.

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | Powerkit White - The fastest car on Rennteam
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

I get the feeling that the Swiss sports car market is quite seasonal, so I'd follow Gnil's advice and advertise it for a good price early spring time. If it doesn't sell, trade it come GT3 time. They'll offer you much less, so you can afford to undercut most if not all Autoscout prices and still be better off.

I used to drive my GT3 twice or three times a week - it is my only car, no problem. One man's 'loud and uncomfortable' is another man's 'special event'. Personally I love it indecision

I also find the LWBs very comfortable, even on 550km drives.  I might have been imagining it, but in the 918 they seemed to have been mounted in an (even more) upright position.

--

2015 911 GT3, 1964 Type 1

I know this is personal, but I would drive it until the GT3 arrives and then simply trade it in.

The extra money you may get by selling it now would not be worth it to me compared to not being able to drive it during those months up until the GT3 delivery.

And extra money you would get by selling it privately rather than trading it in would also not be worth it to me since I would have to loose my time showing the car to interested buyers, dealing with offers, paperwork, etc, compared to simply enjoying the car in the meantime and driving it into the dealer handing in the keys and driving out with the GT3 the day it arrives.

Money wise it may not make the most sense, but is the money really going to make that big difference? compared to enjoying the car and simply handing it in when you get the GT3? to me no. But again, I can see arguments for all options, its a personal choice kiss

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Thanks all for sharing your opinions. I think I'll follow Gnil's advice, put it for sale now at the lowest price range and keep driving it until it's sold or GT3 pick up time comes ;) so excited 😊 

Gnil:
    nberry:

More comfortable than sport seats? You're a glutton for punishment. Ferrari has very comfortable LWB but after an hour of driving in them, my back and butt will ask me what they did to deserve such treatment.Smiley

--

I'd say sell now! New GTS is about to hit the streets, and indeed can imagine a few gen.1 GT3's will soon hit the market.

Congrats on the upcoming GT3!

--

1992 Mercedes-Benz W124 500E / 2003 BMW M3 CSL (sold) / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS / 2014 BMW-Alpina D3 biturbo Touring / 2014 BMW-Alpina B3 biturbo Touring Allrad

nberry:

More comfortable than sport seats? You're a glutton for punishment. Ferrari has very comfortable LWB but after an hour of driving in them, my back and butt will ask me what they did to deserve such treatment.Smiley

When I do the long drives with my Carrera S with the Sport seats to the Ring ( 600 km ) after about 4 hours my lower back starts to be in pain .

When I do it with the RS , bucket seats , I have not one bit of pain . And that is a 6 hours drive . I  do not have much natural padding on my butt Smiley

--

Gnil:
    nberry:

When I do the long drives with my Carrera S with the Sport seats to the Ring ( 600 km ) after about 4 hours my lower back starts to be in pain .

When I do it with the RS , bucket seats , I have not one bit of pain . And that is a 6 hours drive . I  do not have much natural padding on my butt Smiley

I agree but I have only the LWBs in the GT4, no comparison with the sports seat possible. I drove long distances last summer and my back did never hurt. In other cars, I usually have some issues after a few hours. Love the LWBs cool

Gnil:
    nberry:

Am I right in assuming you use a straight back miminally cushioned chair while watching television?

--

nberry:
    Gnil:
    nberry:

Am I right in assuming you use a straight back miminally cushioned chair while watching television?

My yoga teacher always tells me to watch TV sitting on the floor  in the half lotus position . It would help me strengthen my back, sit more straight , and eventually I would manage full lotus . I would also probably have no more back pain sitting hours in the sports seats . Unfortunately I don't do it . I lounge  on my big leather  couch while watching TV Smiley  Still the LWB are more confortable . Smiley

--

The LWB seats are great, but they are lacking in lumbar support (for my body).  I just added a small pillow and all was well. kiss

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Gnil:
    nberry:
    Gnil:
    nberry:

My yoga teacher always tells me to watch TV sitting on the floor  in the half lotus position . It would help me strengthen my back, sit more straight , and eventually I would manage full lotus . I would also probably have no more back pain sitting hours in the sports seats . Unfortunately I don't do it . I lounge  on my big leather  couch while watching TV Smiley  Still the LWB are more confortable . Smiley

--

Gnil, it's a very good thing you didn't listen to your yoga instructor on that advice he gave you Smiley, I could go all day long on how bad that would be biomechanically for your lowback mail

--

Carlos from Spain:
    Gnil:
    nberry:
    Gnil:
    nberry:

--

Gnil, it's a very good thing you didn't listen to your yoga instructor on that advice he gave you Smiley, I could go all day long on how bad that would be biomechanically for your lowback mail

I just knew it was way better to relax and lounge then to sit uncomfortably and straight Smiley Just like it is way better to sit comfortably in the LWB seats, then uncomfortably in the Sports seats and ruin my bowback  Smiley

--

Gnil:
    Carlos from Spain:
    Gnil:
    nberry:
    Gnil:
    nberry:

--

I just knew it was way better to relax and lounge then to sit uncomfortably and straight Smiley Just like it is way better to sit comfortably in the LWB seats, then uncomfortably in the Sports seats and ruin my bowback  Smiley

Smiley tell the yoga instructor to lay off the incense a bit  Smiley 

--

Carlos from Spain:
    Smiley tell the yoga instructor to lay off the incense a bit  Smiley 

Everything must be taken with a grain of salt Smiley Smiley

--

My wife just bought four new TV chairs which can be extended with leg support and they are so comfortable, especially when I adapt the backrest, that I often start to get asleep in them when we watch a movie with the family. indecision angry

--

Only on Rennteam:

From 991 GTS4 to 991.2 GT3 to TV chairs...

But that´s the fun.kiss

Blueflame

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    764805 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436815 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261180 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    258081 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82707 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5331 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

877140 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    809292 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM