Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: New "Panamera"

Quote:
    RC said:
    A little hint for your "next" Panamera update:
    make it less "bling bling-booty call-hip hop style-bitchin' around-gold chain-gold tooth-fast and the furious-rice racer-big boobs-westcoast customs"-like.

LOL!!! okay RC lol I'll try

Alright guys, I've changed it up the way you suggested earlier in the post and well... lol what else can I say .... I think it looks great! like a Porscha now! I've kept it simple and clean. Hopefully you guys will like the end result. lol if anyone would still like something changed...I'm guessing rims... feel free to post and let me know what you think.
    Thank you,

Vlad K.

The front is still too VW Golf/Audi like, you should scale down the front part a little bit. Also the wheels look (judging by proportions) more like 22'' than 20''.

smaller but wider front, unique own headlights, slightly smaller rims, placed front wheel more to the front and removed foglight from bumper

Quote:
    Avantgarde said:
    Maserati Quattroporte

Seriously that looks like a buick, i wonder if you need blue hair to drive it.

I like the last ones, but i fear that it looks very fat from a rear view.

Quote:
    racerx said:
    Quote:
    Avantgarde said:
    Maserati Quattroporte

Seriously that looks like a buick, i wonder if you need blue hair to drive it.

I'm sorry that you definitely don't have what it takes, why bother to wonder?

I hope you don't own one of those as i would not want my comment to be seen as personal to you. I mean nothing at all to you in a personal way and thought it was put out just for discussion material.

But i completely stand by my comment as to the design of that car. If porsche ever produced something even in a remote way resemblimg that Dr. porsches' grave would probably explode!

Quote:
    racerx said:
    I hope you don't own one of those as i would not want my comment to be seen as personal to you. I mean nothing at all to you in a personal way and thought it was put out just for discussion material.

But i completely stand by my comment as to the design of that car. If porsche ever produced something even in a remote way resemblimg that Dr. porsches' grave would probably explode!

Avantgarde actually owns one and from the last posts he has written he is perfeclty happy with it.

Quote:
    997 Style said:
    Alright guys, I've changed it up the way you suggested earlier in the post and well... lol what else can I say .... I think it looks great! like a Porscha now! I've kept it simple and clean. Hopefully you guys will like the end result. lol if anyone would still like something changed...I'm guessing rims... feel free to post and let me know what you think.
    Thank you,

Vlad K.

Vlad and Wild-speed, You both have great design and pshop talent but my request was not specific enough. The rear end needed to be increased more on the top part and melding into the hip over the wheel arch and end of the back door. Not the lower side that you extended. MORE expansion towards the arrows not straight back.

So could you please push it in just a little and more hip, maybe move the back pillar inwards a little at the same time if thats possible.

And the front lip has to be as low as the side running boards, right now its too high. A mean aggressive look needs a low front end.

Great work!

Quote:
    Ziggy said:
    Quote:
    racerx said:

he is perfeclty happy with it.

Thats all that really matters. As Donald Trump has said "Thats why they have menus in restaurants!"

Quote:
    racerx said:
    Quote:
    997 Style said:
    Thank you,

Vlad K.

Vlad and Wild-speed, You both have great design and pshop talent but my request was not specific enough. The rear end needed to be increased more on the top part and melding into the hip over the wheel arch and end of the back door. Not the lower side that you extended. MORE expansion towards the arrows not straight back.

So could you please push it in just a little and more hip, maybe move the back pillar inwards a little at the same time if thats possible.

And the front lip has to be as low as the side running boards, right now its too high. A mean aggressive look needs a low front end.

Great work!

Alright Racerx, thanks for the accurate specifications I'll try to change it up more like you specified and repost.

Number 2 is the best for me. I like the shorter wheel base. The lines are nicer.

Quote:
    racerx said:

Well, I have no qualms with you mentioning about how the car looks so if your statement "i wonder if you need blue hair to drive it." is not personal? So what is that suppose to mean?
    The discussion here is about the general design of the new Panemera and about cars, my posting of the Maserati was in response to another member's suggestion to help some talented artistic members draw some cues from its image, your comments and further 'graveyard related' response are totally out of context and uncalled for. FWIW, italian cars have always been at the forefront of automobile designs....one does not need blue hair to know that.
    How glad am I to know that you will never own one.

Alright guys I've changed it up once again. I hope this one will tie in with everyone's taste. Hopefully you guys like it if there's still something anyone notices that I might have missed or didn't change to your complete satisfaction, please let me know. I am doing my best trying to incorporate everyone's thoughts and opinions into this design. I want to thank everyone who have been a great help and taken their time to post and make this car slowly take its "Porsche shape." I also want to thank Wild-Speed for making modifications which have given me a better understanding of what it was you guys were aiming for.
    Thank you all, and please let me know what you guys think.

Avantgarde, again nothing personal as i do not know you and my comments are directed at the car, not the owner. But maserati has never had it since about 1970 for me. The QP to me really does resemble very closely a buick sedan, especially with the 3 ports, a buick trademark going back to the 1950's. In the US most buick models are associated with the "blue hairs" or old ladies, because of the dull styling. (roadmaster excepted)

I could post a photo but perhaps i will post a link to a discussion that i was not aware of when i made my comment earlier. Perhaps you will find me generous after reading this thread at Fchat;

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86837

Again i severly hope that porsche takes no cues whatsoever from a complete design flop like the maser. (nothing personal) I say design flop because that is the least sexy and sporty looking sports sedan i have seen. Well built yes, but beautiful no.

Yes you can rest assured that i will never own one, but I am hardly alone in that category as the maser has been a sales flop also(refer to above thread).

"SOME" italian cars have been at the forefront of automobile design, most of those from lambo and ferrari, but the last 30 years of maser products won't be confused with those.

Quote:
    997 Style said:
    Alright guys I've changed it up once again. I hope this one will tie in with everyone's taste. Hopefully you guys like it if there's still something anyone notices that I might have missed or didn't change to your complete satisfaction, please let me know. I am doing my best trying to incorporate everyone's thoughts and opinions into this design. I want to thank everyone who have been a great help and taken their time to post and make this car slowly take its "Porsche shape." I also want to thank Wild-Speed for making modifications which have given me a better understanding of what it was you guys were aiming for.
    Thank you all, and please let me know what you guys think.

PERFECT on the back end including the wheel well. Just put more rubber on the rims and slightly smaller rims like RC suggested and get the front wheel opening even. Wow, that was quick and professional! Looking very good.

lol okay thanks Racerx

997 Style,
    If possible, could you put all your designs on this link together, so we can see them all at once, rather than scrolling up and down the page to compare, thanks

sure
    /uploads/198317-PorschePanamera_Copyright(C)2006_VoladoDesign(TM)ALLcars.jpg

lol ,, very smooth ...

throt..

Nice, I like the back of #2 and the front of #4

Quote:
    racerx said:
    Avantgarde, again nothing personal as i do not know you and my comments are directed at the car, not the owner....
    In the US most buick models are associated with the "blue hairs" or old ladies, because of the dull styling. (roadmaster excepted)

Thanks for clearing that up.
    I am aware of that link since I frequent that site too.
    OTOH, please remember that this is an internet forum frequent people from different backgrounds, age, countries, religion, racial, continents, generations....do not assume that everyone knows what you mean and result in offensive, derogatory, demeaning comments....your nation(where you come from) is not alone in this world.
    One man's medicine is another man's poison
    Take care

Vlad.....

Very nice work on your concept... I admire your skills !!

Trevor

Quote:
    trevorc said:
    Vlad.....

Very nice work on your concept... I admire your skills !!

Trevor

thanks

"Panamera"

vlad,

very nice work!
    what software do you use for your design work?

jeff

Re: "Panamera"

Quote:
    icon said:
    vlad,

very nice work!
    what software do you use for your design work?

jeff

thanks jeff I use Adobe Photoshop CS2 and Adobe Illustrator CS2

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689603 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409250 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255756 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235001 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65524 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4648 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858008 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774061 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM