Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

997 carrera in a real turbo look!

It's possible for you have in a near future a really 997 turbo look version?? Not as the actually S version
    What do you think about? Meanwhile someone can make some pics with photoshop for example..

Re: 997 carrera in a real turbo look!

?

Quote:
    BD 997 said:
    ?

I think it's about time Rennteam adopted a limited membership number policy...

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    BD 997 said:
    ?

Check ot the Sports Car Board.

Quote:
    fritz said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    BD 997 said:
    ?

Check ot the Sports Car Board.

Might as well be called Supercars.net

Quote:
    berfes said:
    It's possible for you have in a near future a really 997 turbo look version?? Not as the actually S version
    What do you think about? Meanwhile someone can make some pics with photoshop for example..

did I miss something? what do you mean "a really 997 turbo look version"???

Quote:
    Crash said:

You'll be surprised to hear that we're planning something special regarding this matter.
    1. a limited access forum by invitation only (no rules who is invited, no rights to be invited, who gets invited is in and who doesn't, well...bad luck).
    2. we may limit the number of registered users to 9110 (no kidding) and whenever one user automatically gets deleted if he doesn't post for at least three months, another one can get in and register

Again, these are only a few thoughts. We want to keep the forums at a high quality level but we can't just delete every thread and post because it may sound stupid or it may based on the lack of knowledge, etc. We're no elite forum here but we also don't want to be like the others.

Sorry if I sound a little bit too offensive and arrogant to some people but like always, the old rule is valid: don't like it? Bye-bye.

Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

You'll be surprised to hear that we're planning something special regarding this matter.
    1. a limited access forum by invitation only (no rules who is invited, no rights to be invited, who gets invited is in and who doesn't, well...bad luck).
    2. we may limit the number of registered users to 9110 (no kidding) and whenever one user automatically gets deleted if he doesn't post for at least three months, another one can get in and register

Again, these are only a few thoughts. We want to keep the forums at a high quality level but we can't just delete every thread and post because it may sound stupid or it may based on the lack of knowledge, etc. We're no elite forum here but we also don't want to be like the others.

Sorry if I sound a little bit too offensive and arrogant to some people but like always, the old rule is valid: don't like it? Bye-bye.

Fine with me!

Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

its about time RC... we needed to filter out some unwanted "members"

Quote:
    BD 997 said:
    Quote:
    berfes said:

I think he means an areokit for the carrera that makes it look like the turbo ?
    not sure though

Quote:
    Outlaw_Hawk said:
    Quote:
    BD 997 said:
    Quote:
    berfes said:

I think he means an areokit for the carrera that makes it look like the turbo ?
    not sure though

I think he means similar to 9964S that is more similar to 996TT?

Quote:
    RC said:

I guess I've to post "Congrats" when someone gets a new car once in a while...

Quote:
    iia said:
    I guess I've to post "Congrats" when someone gets a new car once in a while...

It was just a suggestion somebody from our mod team made. We're working on a semi-effective way to limit "unwanted" Users and I think the best start would be to restrict registration from hotmail, yahoo, etc. mail accounts. We also plan to restrict registration from accounts which don't deliver an automatic confirmation when people register. AOL for example seems to "block" our registration confirmation mails, don't know the reason.

Another possibility would be to limit new registrations to REAL owners of sportscars but it would be almost impossible to check this.

Anyway: we try hard to find a solution which is acceptable for almost everybody, especially our CURRENT and longtime Users. And no, no payment or registration fee will be required (if some of you suspect us of such a thing... ).

Quote:
    RC said:
    Another possibility would be to limit new registrations to REAL owners of sportscars but it would be almost impossible to check this.

How about a combination of VIN check and pics of car with different positions specific by you guys? Can this eliminate 80% of fake?

A simple 10 line summary of your motivation for joining the forum during the registration process might do.

The best solution, IMHO, would be to delete those members that have 0 posts AND haven't logged in the past X months. That would eliminate the wast majority of those who register just to see some pics&stuff like that.
    I've given this matter a lot of thought when I used to administer a (quite big) board and back then all the admins decided it's the only decent solution...

There are lots of members who just lurk and never post (for a number of reasons). It would be unfair to just delete them...
    The blocking of free accounts would be, again, a bad ideea. Many people use them as a 'safe' account, hidden from prying eyes at the office for example. For example, I'm using one of these to be able to access it from anywhere in the world, and I think i'm even registered here on that one.

And finally, I hope you were joking about making this site 'owners only' Besides, most of the trolls here are current or former owners

You would need to have "owners soon to be" and "former owner" active, "owners only" would be too restrictive. Don't see how you could swing that one.

Quote:
    SciFrog said:
    You would need to have "owners soon to be" and "former owner" active, "owners only" would be too restrictive. Don't see how you could swing that one.

The way I see it, you have to be a mature enthusiast. Doesn't matter whether you own a 430, a 997, an AMG or even something smaller. The point here is to have an informed and mature discussion about the cars that we all love and enjoy, without the incessant bashing and also not to become a forum such as supercars.net or 6speed. Not to sound elitiest, but the level of our forum is probably the highest of all automotive internet forums, so the question is how to keep it that way. A quick glance at 6speedonline shows us that ownership of a certain car doesn't necessarily guarantee an informed or even civilized discussion.

Quote:
    RC said:
    [

This would be unfair to alot of Porsche and sportscar fans who love beautiful cars but can't afford them (yet).

All this crap is off topic !

Maybe this guy can't write a proper post, but his question is interesting : is there going to be a 996 4S-like atmospheric version with the turbo body kit ?

And how would they name it, since 997 4S already exists ?

It was answered here...
    http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Cat...true#Post196555

Quote:
    yarub1 said:
    Quote:
    RC said:
    [

This would be unfair to alot of Porsche and sportscar fans who love beautiful cars but can't afford them (yet).

I agree; don't forget about the 'youngsters' that will be buying Porsche soon. Logically, they will be posting less.

Rennteam is a car enthusiast community, I hope it stays this way, there are plenty of Porsche private communities out there to join.

Quote:
    Robert2005 said:
    Quote:
    yarub1 said:
    Quote:
    RC said:
    [

I agree; don't forget about the 'youngsters' that will be buying Porsche soon. Logically, they will be posting less.

Rennteam is a car enthusiast community, I hope it stays this way, there are plenty of Porsche private communities out there to join.

Being in the group of 'still waiting for the Porsche,' I also agree.

I'm still a student, and could not afford to keep a Porsche in the condition it deserves to be kept in just yet. No, I don't own a Porsche yet, but I stay respectful and mature with everyone. This board is not just one of the highest quality car forums, but one of the highest quality forums that I've ever visited.
    A bigger problem could be that owners of certain other sportscars come here and try to antagonize respected forum members.

I think I have to agree with you Damien. (If I may be so bald to continue the ot "crap")
    I became a porsche enthusiast after playing NFS Porsche unleashed (no kidding) Ever since, I learned to appreciate the 911 and other porsche models. I love them for their looks and their performance. It is a dream of me to own a 911 once. Maybe a 964, or even a classic '70 s 911. But I KNOW I will one day own one. Till that time I love discussing them, and learning from "experienced owners". I try to be respectfull and not to offend people... what's wrong then with not owning a Porsche?
    -Joost-

I've got complete faith in whatever the moderators here need to do. Theres a reason why I always turn to rennteam for entertainment and information.

I suposse you could just more actively start banning people who make useless/stupid posts, like warning them 2 (or 3 times) and then if they continue banned them. I'm in the very same possition as joost and share is view. Ir would be sad that such a good forum isn't acessible to everyone really interested in porsche and sportscars in general.

Every new user should be forced to read the FAQ of each section he/she is interested before their first post.

I do not know if this is possible software wise but, this will elimitate many confused first posts.

Also, why not just have one forum for rumors/expectations ONLY. This will concentrate other car specific sections with real/confirmed/user information.

Quote:
    RC said:

It was just a suggestion somebody from our mod team made. We're working on a semi-effective way to limit "unwanted" Users and I think the best start would be to restrict registration from hotmail, yahoo, etc. mail accounts. We also plan to restrict registration from accounts which don't deliver an automatic confirmation when people register. AOL for example seems to "block" our registration confirmation mails, don't know the reason.

Anyway: we try hard to find a solution which is acceptable for almost everybody, especially our CURRENT and longtime Users. And no, no payment or registration fee will be required (if some of you suspect us of such a thing... ).

Institute a membership fee of $xx.xx, just send everyones bill care of Nick in san diego. He'd probably pay em all not wanting to admit he couldn't afford the bill.

When i joined some time ago you could not sign up from a free mail account, maybe go back to that.

Who doesn't use a free email account???? My business account is strictly.... FOR BUSINESS. At this point in internet history there is no reason to pay for an email account.

I've kept out of this discussion for a while, and I do agree from time-to-time bad apples show up here, but the moderators are quick to manage them (this topic, for instance). And, yes, I do not currently own a 911, but come here not only for information that will help me purchase the right 911 (or brush up on my Ferrari knowledge), but the camaraderie and escape from a sometimes mundane workday. Great people (most of them) and entertaining discussions. Don't shut out the non-owners and free-email users, please?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    763478 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435939 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260803 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257767 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82134 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5324 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

872812 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    808297 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM