Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Carrera GTS models

no bucket seats for you ?

For 991.2 Carrera GTS? No, normal Sport seats plus. Not even Adaptive ones since they add weight.

KresoF1:

For 991.2 Carrera GTS? No, normal Sport seats plus. Not even Adaptive ones since they add weight.

Are you getting the car from a German dealer or a Croatian one?

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vwu0bXi2V68

I love that spec kiss

RC:
    KresoF1:

Are you getting the car from a German dealer or a Croatian one?

Offical Croatian Porsche dealer 5 months waiting. German PZ in Bayern 3 months waiting. Needs to decide pretty soon.

http://www.automobilemag.com/news/2017-porsche-911-carrera-gts-first-drive-review/?wc_mid=4035:5046&wc_rid=4035:2371550&_wcsid=12758258EC526E1319B31E6DC7785DA422C5D016A048EDAA

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Hello everyone,

Soon planning to move from Dubai to Lugano and very excited to place my order on a .2 GTS... But not much familiar with CHF / Euro thing... Same spec car in Germany costs way a lot less than in Swiss? Any recommendation on that?

i.e. my spec costs in configurator for CHF 187,780.00. Will there be any deduction on this? And do we have any % margin to negotiate with the dealer?

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Welcome to the forum! wink

Switzerland would be a great place to live and drive (aside from the car price and speeding ticket price).  Many others here from CH can answer your price question.

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

bravoecho:

Hello everyone,

Soon planning to move from Dubai to Lugano and very excited to place my order on a .2 GTS... But not much familiar with CHF / Euro thing... Same spec car in Germany costs way a lot less than in Swiss? Any recommendation on that?

i.e. my spec costs in configurator for CHF 187,780.00. Will there be any deduction on this? And do we have any % margin to negotiate with the dealer?

Welcome to Switzerland! Smiley

Did you compare the same spec in Germany? In Switzerland you get the "Swiss Package" with most of the required options for "free" and a EUR bonus which is regularly recalculated to current EUR/CHF exchange rate. A Swiss Porsche dealer, for example the one in Lugano, should be able to tell you the size of the EUR bonus. You also get 4 years warranty on Swiss sold cars (I don't know how this works for imported German cars). It no longer makes much difference, if any, to go through the hassle with importing. Whatever you save, you will probably loose when selling again.

Negotiating the price is very un-Swiss, but you can give it a try Smiley

All the best with the move and the GTS order! Smiley

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | Powerkit White - The fastest car on Rennteam
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

Carlos from Spain:
    Mikla:

The sweet spot of the range, all the 911 one will ever need.

I think the GTS needs to be a permanent model in the 991 range, they just hit the nail on the head with them, they are the best all round package IMO with the most sportiness you can get without compromising daily driveness, great performance, and arguably one of the best looking 911 with its sportier look than the non-GT models but no rear wing. 

There are sportier 911 models, faster models, more GT'ish models, etc for those that want more of one of those things, but the GTS is the sweet spot for those that want the best combination of it all in one package.

+1. Smiley  The question though, if the GTS is a permanent model, who would go for the Carrera S?  Since by going to the GTS you gain substantially without losing anything. 

KresoF1:

Well, it is also IMO the sweet spot of the range. And I decided to get one. 991.2 Carrera GTS Coupe with SPASM/PDCC, RWS, 90L tank, Black LEDs, full GTS interior alcantara/leather(no special stitching) and few interior goodies. Need to decide about exterior color and Sport Design rear spoiler. 

I want 991.2 GT3 as well and most probably will get it also. I am very impressed with 720S and Performante, but for my country they are little bit too much in your face... Also, local support is missing and this narrows ethe choice as well. 

Kreso, I supposed you will go with the RWD version?  Also, sunroof or no sunroof?  Like Carlos, I would go with Carmine Red too, but obviously you need to be able to deal with the attention. 

No sunroof. Carrera White Metallic most probable exterior color

bluelines:
    bravoecho:

Hello everyone,

Did you compare the same spec in Germany? In Switzerland you get the "Swiss Package" with most of the required options for "free" and a EUR bonus which is regularly recalculated to current EUR/CHF exchange rate. A Swiss Porsche dealer, for example the one in Lugano, should be able to tell you the size of the EUR bonus. You also get 4 years warranty on Swiss sold cars (I don't know how this works for imported German cars). It no longer makes much difference, if any, to go through the hassle with importing. Whatever you save, you will probably loose when selling again.

+ 1 . You need to go and talk to the dealer . Do not rely only on the configurator for the final price as it does not include the EURO bonus . If you are lucky you can negotiate a few % extra . Give it a try , don't expect too much ( 3 to 5 maybe ) 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

+1.. I imported a Porsche from EU to Switz but agree it's not worth it at the moment. Don't settle for less than 5% off a new car before the EUR price adjustment.

--

2015 911 GT3, 1964 Type 1

bravoecho:

Hello everyone,

Welcome. Smiley

Listen to our Swiss users if you want to move to Lugano, they give good advice. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

Thanks Grant I'm really counting the days Smiley

Thanks for the welcome Smiley

I'm not familiar with that EUR bonus subject. Could you please briefly explain me how it works out?

i.e. if the car in configurator shows CHF 180,000.00 how EUR bonus will work out? What was your experience if you don't mind to share...

Thanks in advance.

Gnil:
    bluelines:
    bravoecho:

Hello everyone,

+ 1 . You need to go and talk to the dealer . Do not rely only on the configurator for the final price as it does not include the EURO bonus . If you are lucky you can negotiate a few % extra . Give it a try , don't expect too much ( 3 to 5 maybe ) 

Thanks for the advise Gnil 

I'm looking for all advises on EUR bonus subject. 

RC:
    bravoecho:

Hello everyone,

Welcome. Smiley

Listen to our Swiss users if you want to move to Lugano, they give good advice. Smiley

Thx RC Smiley I need all I can have...

Actually I did some Googling on Euro Bonus, it seems like an airmiles programme and could not relate it to a car purchase SmileySmiley 

It is actually pretty easy. If I am not mistaken, they currently import cars with CHF EUR 1.08, if the current exchange rate is below that, they will give you an EURO bonus according to the current exchange rate compared to 1.08. At least it was like this 2 years ago when I ordered my GT4. They probably already changed the basis of 1.08.

bravoecho:

Thanks for the welcome Smiley

I'm not familiar with that EUR bonus subject. Could you please briefly explain me how it works out?

i.e. if the car in configurator shows CHF 180,000.00 how EUR bonus will work out? What was your experience if you don't mind to share...

Thanks in advance.

just go on the swiss configurator www.porsche.ch and not the german

Josef:

It is actually pretty easy. If I am not mistaken, they currently import cars with CHF EUR 1.08, if the current exchange rate is below that, they will give you an EURO bonus according to the current exchange rate compared to 1.08. At least it was like this 2 years ago when I ordered my GT4. They probably already changed the basis of 1.08.

As I understood it was that the initial base calculation is much higher , around 1.20 and they give you the the Euro bonus according to their  curent import exchange rate .  But maybe this has now changed for 2017  Smiley

--

So let's take my wife Cayenne S Diesel as an example: I used the Swiss configurator and ended up with 155k CHF. The new price in Germany is 133k EUR. So how much would the car cost me in the end in Switzerland? yes

--

RC:

So let's take my wife Cayenne S Diesel as an example: I used the Swiss configurator and ended up with 155k CHF. The new price in Germany is 133k EUR. So how much would the car cost me in the end in Switzerland? yes

For the Swiss market they also include a Swiss package which has lots of the main options people take ( from heated seats to cruise control, Navigation l etc... ) .  They also add a 4 year warranty included in the price .  So all that has to be counted in also .  

Audi, Mercedes and the french car makers do also exactly the same here . There is always a Euro bonus that is, as far I know from past buys, up to 10 %  . But I don't know what it is at the moment at Porsche 

--

Carlos from Spain:
    KresoF1:

Well, it is also IMO the sweet spot of the range. And I decided to get one. 991.2 Carrera GTS Coupe with SPASM/PDCC, RWS, 90L tank, Black LEDs, full GTS interior alcantara/leather(no special stitching) and few interior goodies. Need to decide about exterior color and Sport Design rear spoiler. 

Congrats Kreso! Smiley

As to the color, getting the Carmin red with the black wheels in mine is the best decision I ever made (thanks to those in the board who encouraged me to get it since I wasnt sure because I've never been a red or such bright color guy), it does attract a lot of attention though but its just so beautiful in the GTS that its worth it. Just my two cents personal experience Smiley

Yesterday, I saw a Carmine Red 911 and  liked the color. It is elegant, classy, sporty but has a 'pop' to it. Really quite striking. I will seriously consider the color for my GT3.kiss

--

"A man wrapped up in himself makes for a very small bundle."

Gnil:
    RC:

For the Swiss market they also include a Swiss package which has lots of the main options people take ( from heated seats to cruise control, Navigation l etc... ) .  They also add a 4 year warranty included in the price .  So all that has to be counted in also .  

I already counted in the Swiss Package, the 4 year warranty (two years more than in Germany) would be worth another 2600 EUR or so (1300 EUR per year...)

Audi, Mercedes and the french car makers do also exactly the same here . There is always a Euro bonus that is, as far I know from past buys, up to 10 %  . But I don't know what it is at the moment at Porsche 

It would be interesting to know how high the bonus is but in the end, I think the prices are, like some of you said, comparable.

--

Yes, Carmine is a great color - always loved it on my GT4.  Rather than tiring of it, I just continued to appreciate it more with time.  As a non-metallic color, don't let your dealer or other party wash it poorly (easy to put swirl marks) - I preferred to wash it myself...

--

RC:
    Gnil:
    RC:

I already counted in the Swiss Package, the 4 year warranty (two years more than in Germany) would be worth another 2600 EUR or so (1300 EUR per year...)

It would be interesting to know how high the bonus is but in the end, I think the prices are, like some of you said, comparable.

They are still  higher then in Germany , but not enough anymore to go through the hassle of self importing .

--

nberry:
    Carlos from Spain:
    KresoF1:

Congrats Kreso! Smiley

As to the color, getting the Carmin red with the black wheels in mine is the best decision I ever made (thanks to those in the board who encouraged me to get it since I wasnt sure because I've never been a red or such bright color guy), it does attract a lot of attention though but its just so beautiful in the GTS that its worth it. Just my two cents personal experience Smiley

Yesterday, I saw a Carmine Red 911 and  liked the color. It is elegant, classy, sporty but has a 'pop' to it. Really quite striking. I will seriously consider the color for my GT3.kiss

You should definitely consider it Nick, its both sporty and elegant, it boosts the car's looks, and like Grant said, it doesn't get tiring, on the contrary I also appreciate it even more. It just needs a model that is sporty to fit well, so the GT3 should be perfect.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

I love the color choice Carlos made. Unfortunately I wasn't that courageous because I often take the car to work but definitely one of my favorite colors for the GTS. kiss

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690435 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409719 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255942 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235247 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65641 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4657 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858378 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774646 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM