Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: 991 GT2 RS (2017) - Rumors, speculations and gossip Thread Closed

and their missed Record attempt with the P1...

Blueflame

IMG_0939.JPG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnFQG51yFMc

Kobalt:

"How would your source know how fast the McLaren is on the ring? I don't think McLaren even tests their cars at the ring. I don't think I've ever seen any pictures of McLaren test cars on it..."

This baby where on the ring this autumn. P1 LM

1485630405157Skärmavbild 2017-01-28 kl. 19.51.49.png

That's not a factory car.

KresoF1:
    noone1:
    KresoF1:
    olli:

Kreso, any additional insights or input from you on the engine tech issue?

991.2 GT2 RS will have engine that is different in some key areas then 991.2 Turbo S engine.

Issues? My P source wrote to me that development is on schedule and that mules achieved desired numbers, both on the track and in straight like accelarations runs. How about this... Mclaren 720S mule will not be able to beat 991.2 GT2 RS on the Ring. Despite latest Trofeo tires and latest carbon tube etc. 

My view is somehow pretty subjective since I do not have an idea why would 991.1 GT3 RS owner switch to 991.2 GT2 RS. Aside from similar exterior design appearance, cars will be substantionally different in overall feel. 

991.2 GT2 RS will be the most powerfull and extrem 991 ever produced. It will be a monster. But for me, the question looking from aspect of sheer pleasure of driving is what will it offer more then 991.2 GT3 for example?

How would your source know how fast the McLaren is on the ring? I don't think McLaren even tests their cars at the ring. I don't think I've ever seen any pictures of McLaren test cars on it...

I wouldn't be surprised if a stripped out hardcore GT2 RS is quicker than a 720S on the track, then again, the 720S will be a Spider with full interior and amenities, so that's not exactly saying much.

First, Mclaren tests their cars all over EU, just in pretty small numbers in comparison to Porsche. Second, there is already an estimated track times for 720S. Since it is brand new Mclaren development it is pretty good to know that last production 991.2 GT2 RS will be faster on the track. Porsche takes Mclaren products pretty seriously lately and they watched 720S development with interest.  

I'll come back to this thread in a few months when the 720S annihilates the GT2 RS with it's top down. ;)

While a little "off topic" it's worth noting that the McLaren P14 will get a new carbon tub...

Link: http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-geneva-motor-show/mclaren-p14-650s-successor-get-big-aerodynamic-gains

...P14 image leaked...

Link: http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-geneva-motor-show/mclaren-p14-leaked-pic-650s-replacement

Smiley Smiley Smiley

noone1:

I'll come back to this thread in a few months when the 720S annihilates the GT2 RS with it's top down. ;)

You do realize the 702s is a coupe not a spider... So if the car would be seen top down this would indicate a major accident or similar problem Smiley

NSXER:
    Leawood911:

Leawood911:

I pay $800 year for my TT.  Not too bad. That is full coverage with a $500 deductible. It's good to live in Kansas.  It covers everything from theft to uninsured motorists hitting me and plain old dumb ass accidents. Including medical coverage of passengers etc.  Just like yours I'm certain. Kemper insurance.  the key is a good driving record with no tickets and accidents, age and believe it or not your credit rating contributes a lot to the cost. Mine is as close to 850 as you can get. 

Yours is a 10 year old Turbo?

--

2015 Jet Black TT

Correct. But same rates for last four years. It is plenty quick even at ten years old. Hitting 86k miles this week and drive it every day. All winter with summer tires. Not much snow here. Just some cold. 

pmarkow:
    Leawood911:
    Gnil:
    Leawood911:

I pay $800 year for my TT.  Not too bad. 

What does it cover ? 

I pay about $ 2'100 for my RS and that covers everything you can think off : any damage on my car from what ever , any damage I do the others , theft , protection against retaliation , protection against higher premiums due to accident , injury    On passengers etc.....

That is full coverage with a $500 deductible. It's good to live in Kansas.  It covers everything from theft to uninsured motorists hitting me and plain old dumb ass accidents. Including medical coverage of passengers etc.  Just like yours I'm certain. Kemper insurance.  the key is a good driving record with no tickets and accidents, age and believe it or not your credit rating contributes a lot to the cost. Mine is as close to 850 as you can get. 

i pay 600euros/month for registration+full cover insurance for my GT3RS in austria. and there is a 3K euro deductible on the insurance. on acquisition of the car i payed 20% VAT and 33% NOVA tax. this is real theft.

I'm so sorry. One of the many reason I don't live in Austria.  That said, I will try to be more understanding- but I would think you would be even more fed up with big government than I am.  PS my annual tags and taxes are $400 and of course I have no car payment other than gas and tires. My cost of ownership compared to Europe is crazy. Over last few years the car has appreciated more than my insurance and other expenses have cost. It's my free car. 

So with a new carbon tub, do we need to stop saying this is based on the original 12C platform?

--

2011 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2009 Porsche 911S

MKSGR:
    noone1:

You do realize the 702s is a coupe not a spider... So if the car would be seen top down this would indicate a major accident or similar problem Smiley

It will soon be a Spider with the exact same performance and weigh 60 lbs more.

4trac:

So with a new carbon tub, do we need to stop saying this is based on the original 12C platform?

Evolution of the 12C tub. The P14 tub is based on the 570 with modifications, which was based on the 650/12C tub with modifications.

Sort of like the Mac OS, OS X 10.12 vs 10.10 vs 10.6 etc

Strictly speaking still the same generation. But broadly speaking different. 

Hard points still stayed the same, from the 12C-650-P1-675-540-570-688.

Frank said it was 'brand new' in McLaren speak.

Very different than say the 911 body in white, where each generation is a brand new car with a completely new body in white with different hard points. 

noone1:
    Kobalt:

This baby where on the ring this autumn. P1 LM

That's not a factory car.

what is it then?  Just curious.

It's a P1 GTR modified by Lanzante Motorsport to make it road legal again. How it performs is anyone's guess. Somewhere between the P1 and GTR on the track, but probably worse on the normal road in terms of usability.

noone1:

It's a P1 GTR modified by Lanzante Motorsport to make it road legal again.

Fair enough.

"How it performs is anyone's guess. Somewhere between the P1 and GTR on the track, but probably worse on the normal road in terms of usability."

I dont think the 5 lucky(?) owners will mind that little detail... I wouldn't Smiley

noone1:
    MKSGR:
    noone1:

It will soon be a Spider with the exact same performance and weigh 60 lbs more.

The spider will not be available to customers before end of 2018 (not 2017...) Smiley

Whoopsy:
    4trac:

Evolution of the 12C tub. The P14 tub is based on the 570 with modifications, which was based on the 650/12C tub with modifications.

Very different than say the 911 body in white, where each generation is a brand new car with a completely new body in white with different hard points. 

I am not sure the carbon tub is the problem. They certainly need to make a big jump forward (form the 650s) in terms of suspension/powertrain/RWS to close the gap to the benchmarks in the sportscar segment. I am very excited to see how the P14 will feel on the road Smiley

MKSGR:
    Whoopsy:
    4trac:

I am not sure the carbon tub is the problem. They certainly need to make a big jump forward (form the 650s) in terms of suspension/powertrain/RWS to close the gap to the benchmarks in the sportscar segment. I am very excited to see how the P14 will feel on the road Smiley

Close what gap? The 675LT debuted nearly 2 years ago and is still higher performance than just about every car, even the new ones.

The barely even need to move the needle to stay competitive, let alone close any gap.

What happened to GT2RS thread?

absent:

What happened to GT2RS thread?

Lack of GT2 rumors.

noone1:

It's a P1 GTR modified by Lanzante Motorsport to make it road legal again. How it performs is anyone's guess. Somewhere between the P1 and GTR on the track, but probably worse on the normal road in terms of usability.

According to Mycroft that's still a 'factory' car...................

--

noone1:
    MKSGR:
    Whoopsy:
    4trac:

Close what gap? The 675LT debuted nearly 2 years ago and is still higher performance than just about every car, even the new ones.

The barely even need to move the needle to stay competitive, let alone close any gap.

Lap times of 675LT were somehow mixed - not super convincing and certainly not enough for the latest generation of high-performance cars, at least if McLaren wants to be leader or in the group of the leaders.

The 12C platform is great, I think it is still leader of the pack by design. 

None of the others, Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini has such a flexible platform performance wise. 

One could argue the 991 platform is, but the 991 platform didn't stretch from entry level to P1 level. 

--

MKSGR:
    noone1:
    MKSGR:
    Whoopsy:
    4trac:

Lap times of 675LT were somehow mixed - not super convincing and certainly not enough for the latest generation of high-performance cars, at least if McLaren wants to be leader or in the group of the leaders.

The car it's based on came out in 2011 and it's still faster on just about every track than every 911, every Lamborghini, and probably every Ferrari, though the 488 seems about the same. Then again, the 488 came out 4 years later.

noone1:
    MKSGR:
    noone1:
    MKSGR:
    Whoopsy:
    4trac:

The car it's based on came out in 2011 and it's still faster on just about every track than every 911, every Lamborghini, and probably every Ferrari, though the 488 seems about the same. Then again, the 488 came out 4 years later.

The 675LT came out about 2 years ago and underperfomed in the Sportauto test. Obviously they must get substantially better to set the new benchmark.

http://fastestlaps.com/models/mclaren-675lt

Leawood911:

1200 EUR for my R8 V10 Plus per year...full coverage with one free shot (meaning: If I crash the car, I don't pay a higher insurance fee). 500 EUR deductible for any "fully coverage damage" and 150 EUR for any "half coverage damage", which includes windshield damage and stuff like that.

The rate has been calculated on an individual basis since the new R8 V10 Plus is one of these cars which has a certain insurance "restriction" (age, driver experience, older insurance contracts, cars you owned before, etc.).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

RC:
    Leawood911:

1200 EUR for my R8 V10 Plus per year...full coverage with one free shot (meaning: If I crash the car, I don't pay a higher insurance fee). 500 EUR deductible for any "fully coverage damage" and 150 EUR for any "half coverage damage", which includes windshield damage and stuff like that.

The rate has been calculated on an individual basis since the new R8 V10 Plus is one of these cars which has a certain insurance "restriction" (age, driver experience, older insurance contracts, cars you owned before, etc.).

That is incredible. We are obviously old farts with good driving records. If they only knew how fast we drive. 

https://www.total911.com/new-porsche-911-gt2-spec-revealed/

Internet says GT2RS and Total911 says GT2. Weird especially when Total911 chooses to show the mule which is very RS:ish. 

Click bait?

there must be 2 mules - one without the RS Flairs at the front and one with a clean look  - maybe there testing both chassis

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    803815 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448686 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266291 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90148 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6716 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

886003 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    834005 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM