Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 996 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

997 convertible crash pictures

Hi,

here are two pics that i've found.Look at the new styled rear lights and the seats.

cya,

wrek.

Admin Message: Picture had to be removed because of legal concerns. When uploading pictures, please be sure there is no copyright issue! Thank you.

Re: 997 convertible crash pictures

2nd

Admin Message: Picture had to be removed because of legal concerns. When uploading pictures, please be sure there is no copyright issue! Thank you.

Wow!!!!!

The rare lights kind of resemble the mini C-GT don't they?

I bet you anything the 997 will be quite CGT'ish. Im sure they destroyed that thing immeadeatley.

Quote:
    I bet you anything the 997 will be quite CGT'ish. Im sure they destroyed that thing immeadeatley.

I'm sorry, you`re wrong.
    The car on the pics is the real one, but it was just a prototype, that was used for a crash test, that's why it's destroyed.

Or did I get you wrong?

Comparing 997 & 996 rear lights

These pictures were taken in Weissach from the woods directly behind the development facility. They usually dispose their technical trash in this area but I never saw such a clear picture.

Quote:

Surely not!

Do you have higher quality (bigger size) versions of these pictures? I'm especially interested in the last picture where the front can be seen. If I'm not wrong, the right front light is undamaged and it could show us how the 997 will look alike from the front if enlarged.

I already saw a 997 development model and this looks very very much like the real thing. Very impressive pictures!

What's really interesting is how SIMILAR the base car appears to the 996, not radically changed at all. As some of us suspected, simply some cosmetics, perhaps a bump in hp, maybe even some curves at the rear, but overall, appears to be simply a 996 with some make-up on.

Even more intriguing, if this IS a 997 at all, is that it's a CAB! Yeah baby! Bring it on!

Considering how similar the 997 appears to be to the 996, I am convinced the lifespan of the 997 will be short, merely to give Porsche enough time to build a new assembly line outside of Zuffenhausen, where production, expansion and re-working of the factory is severely limited due to space.

Re: Comparing 997 & 996 rear lights

Spoiler wide 3rd brake light is interesting

"bmh-images" Let me update you on something. 1. Never was it stated that the 997 in the pic was involved in a factory crash test. 2. The car will be and is DESTROYED.
    Not a big deal, just don't like it when people try to come off as a know it all in an effort to try an puff up their own ego.

Quote:
    "bmh-images" Let me update you on something. 1. Never was it stated that the 997 in the pic was involved in a factory crash test. 2. The car will be and is DESTROYED.
    Not a big deal, just don't like it when people try to come off as a know it all in an effort to try an puff up their own ego.

I'm sorry if I put up a wrong image of my own.
    And I know that nobody stated, that this was a car used for a crash test inside the factory, that's the reason why I stated it, because I know this for a fact.

Peace.

bmh

AMGeater, cool down and relax

J.Seven

Quote:

Well, "bmh-images" knows a lot because he saw a lot and provided us with some fantastic pictures.
    You should take that in consideration, AMGeater (still can't get used to that name... )

What about the interior?

Is the interior disguised? Or was it left incomplete for testing purposes? Unfortunately, except for the new seats, I can't tell much about the interior design from these photos. Even the door panels seem to be covered up.

bmh, I got the impression after you responded to the first post that i made in this thread, that I was suppose to know that it was a crash test.
    A lot of you are incredibly sarcastic individuals compared to other forums in which i have posted where people as a whole are rather freindly, or friendlier than here. Especailly you RC, you ought to try being considerate of others who may not know as much as you do. Besides there is no welcome in this forum when you join anyway, or a "meet and great", so don't expect me to know who's who or who knows what. I like this forum a lot because there are a lot of people that have great info. to share, just to many of you find ways to cut others down for no necessary reason.

Just my 2 cents.

AMGeater,

I have a good feeling that things came across the way they were not meant too and we all make such unintentional comments.
    Thanksgiving is coming up and lets put this behind us and be friends again
    Our guilt is that we all LOVE Porsche, let's keep it up

Quote:
    bmh, I got the impression after you responded to the first post that i made in this thread, that I was suppose to know that it was a crash test.

I'm sorry, if you got this impression. It seemed like you didn't know that this one is a crash car and that was the reason why I said it.

Just check your PMs, and now let's live in peace and harmony (to become sarcastic once more).

bmh

i dont want to stir up a something thats been forgotton but i have to say i share amg eaters opinion with regard to some of the members attitudes here on this bbs. this should b addressed.

although this site can b useful it can also b incredably pretentious in comparason to others. its not porker owners as a whole, check the dudes at www.pistonheads.co.uk for a benchmark. its like a different world.

dont get me wrong here, i say this for the benifit, not to cause insult even tho it will probably b seen that way!

Quote:
    i dont want to stir up a something thats been forgotton but i have to say i share amg eaters opinion with regard to some of the members attitudes here on this bbs. this should b addressed.

Well, good try to advertise another car forum.
    We have lots of people coming here doing the same, we can live with that. Others have fancy graphics, we have content.
    I find the atmosphere here pretty peaceful. The only "problem" is that most members here are a tough audience, means: they're really sports car owners (not like on other forums where 15-year old kids or rice burner owners give their opinion about a 996 Turbo ), they're professionally involved with cars (Tuners, dealers, car manufacturer employees, etc.) or long time enthusiasts who owned a lot of different sports cars.

If somebody has good arguments regarding an issue, I think our members will take that in consideration and act properly. But if somebody just talks and talks and actually doesn't say anything or if somebody just tries to provoke, intentionally or not, this is the reaction he gets from the members.
    I actually wasn't sure if I should have written this but I'm not trying to find an excuse but to explain things. Rennteam.com is a non-commercial private forum which has been created to offer me, CR and some of our friends a place where we can discuss what we love most, sports cars. We're very happy how many people joined us but you have to understand one thing: this is no place for Ego seekers (this was actually one reason why this board has been created, to find a "hideaway" from a well known other car forum ), this is no place for discussion car colors or waxes or a place where people discuss about things they don't have a clue about.
    I check most car forums on the internet from time to time and I'm sometimes suprised how much BS I read. I'm not talking about gossip or rumors but about things which are stated as a fact.
    I made the mistake to try to join some of these forums and to set things right but you have no chance against gossip, ego-seekers, wannabees and business makers who exploit such car forums to sell their stuff, no matter how bad it is.
    That said, I can always say only one thing: we don't force anybody to be here. We don't make money with this forum, we're officially supported by some car manufacturers (which is pretty seldom for a private forum), we have an official german press license but we run this forum just for fun. Nothing more and nothing less. And I also think that people learned by now that me, CR, Ron, GM Austin, Fanch and zzboba are pretty honest people who do this for fun, not for profit. All of us have a real life job and all of us can afford the luxury of being here and trying to help other people at no cost.
    That said, I really don't care what certain people think about Rennteam.com because it is a place where nobody is forced to be. Like it, join it. Don't like it, no problem.

Well said RC

I am pretentious! I am French!

Seriously, well, depends on all of us. Not easy to have a discussion when you don't see the people but that's nature of the net. I like Rennteam, I still think it's the best for the same reason as RC, most members here are car owners and they know what they are talking about.
    But everybody's welcome (I think Bilal is not a car driver yet but that's cool and I don't think he feels diminished by us)
    I don't know if CF posts his CGT pics on other forums too, and if he does, great, but the idea that he keeps them for Rennteam makes me happy.
    I also like the honesty, we say what we think, if we disagree, we say it, but we're always open for discussion.
    I've been many times on pistonheads.
    I really like Farago's articles, they're great but I prefer Rennteam as a forum, pistonhead is mostly dedicated to UK residents (meetings, car spoting, etc.) IMHO, it's great for TVR news.
    But for general sports car news and mostly Porsche of course, with my experience of what I've seen on the web, nothing beats Rennteam.
    Cheers,
    Fanch.

Re: I am pretentious! I am French!

Your French??

I am shocked that you were ever granted a Texas Passport!

Why I prefer Rennteam

I've spent a lot of time on several bulletin boards in the last few months as I'm gearing up for my next P-car purchase. My preference for RennTeam is simple: it's populated by adults who actually own or have experience in the cars they're driving.

You don't have to go too far field to discover you're reading posts from children without driver's licenses (who write b for be and 2 for two, an activity I abandoned as silly when I was in the third grade.)

I was astounded, really, when I discovered that on Rennteam I was reading posts from people who not only had put down deposits on Carrera GTs, but were in Leipzig for the drive-arounds.

As we used to say, "On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog." Maybe, but it doesn't take long to figure out who knows what they're talking about and who doesn't.

Besides, with Ron in Houston, Fanch in Paris and RC down the road from Zuffenhausen, three of my normal bases of fun and business are covered, and then some.

Keep it up guys. Thanks for this.

Re: Why I prefer Rennteam

Carrageous, home is Paris and I'd love to be there but I am based in Aberdeen now, which is a lovely place BTW, much colder and weter though, but it's ok.
    And it's in the UK and one thing I love about the Brtis is their love for cars! It's amazing.
    In London mid December and I will check out an auto show presented by Clarkson (www.mph03.co.uk) bought tickets already, don't know if it's gonna be good but Nidell is driving the cars in a huge arena! Can't be that big so I wonder how it's going to be. Nice cars on the program though, Keonigsegg, Murci, Zonda and many others.
    The Carrera and the SL are in Paris though, waiting to be taken for a spin now that they're hardly driven anymore, shame...
    Fanch.

Totally agree!

Re: Why I prefer Rennteam

Quote:
    Keep it up guys. Thanks for this.

You're welcome!

Re: I am pretentious! I am French!

Quote:
    Your French??

I am shocked that you were ever granted a Texas Passport!

I'm shocked they let a French enter Texas...
    Just kidding, Francois...

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688075 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408501 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255461 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234685 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65314 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4632 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857416 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773075 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM