Crown

Board: AMG Mercedes Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Sl facelift & 63Amg infos?????

Beware...Porsche may be soon making "Jetta's". What's that gonna do to your image? If thats not a snooze than I don't know what is. Isn't VW going to make the body on the new 4 door Porsche...I mean VW?

I suggest you copy your post over to the 997 Board, see what those guys have to say about that...

I suggest you copy your post over to the 997 Board, see what those guys have to say about that...

Is that the best you got? You need a gang to help you out. Crack me up.

Soon....porsche=vw. They already share lots of parts. Parts VW makes. ;-)

Reality sucks some times! Especially since they want to be a high volume car company.

Reality sucks some times! Especially since they want to be a high volume car company.

Quote:
    slk32 said:

I wouldn't be so amused considering the engine in your car can be found in the Chrysler Crossfire. FYI - Porsche will never equal VW....and also considering that the only Porsche model that shares a platform is the Cayenne... (and potentialy the Panamera with the future Phaeton) - I wouldn't be expecting the 911 to have Passat parts.

When you purchase your next Mercedes and have to bring it back for service, you can thank CHRYSLER for that.

For more information on previous build SLK's please see below:

http://www.chrysler.com/crossfire/

Quote:
    slk32 said:

I wouldn't be so amused considering the engine in your car can be found in the Chrysler Crossfire. FYI - Porsche will never equal VW....and also considering that the only Porsche model that shares a platform is the Cayenne... (and potentialy the Panamera with the future Phaeton) - I wouldn't be expecting the 911 to have Passat parts.

When you purchase your next Mercedes and have to bring it back for service, you can thank CHRYSLER for that.

For more information on previous build SLK's please see below:

http://www.chrysler.com/crossfire/

Hmm, still no post on the 997 boards.....

It's okay, I wouldn't want to get embarassed either.

Hmm, still no post on the 997 boards.....

It's okay, I wouldn't want to get embarassed either.

Frist, I'm not interested in Porsche's so that's why no post. Secondly, I didn't buy my car as a status symbol as some may do. For the buck, I got a rocket ship. Its a blast to drive and on the freeway, bring on the 997's. I may not win 100% of the time, but you spent whole lot more. ;-)

The SLK32 didn't make the Car and Driver top 10, but in acceleration from 40-70 only the GT2 beat it the year it first came out. Spend as you will, but there isn't another Benz in my future for many moons. I don't think this one is gonna wear out tomorrow. AMG cars are rock solid and besides a couple of cosmetic things which were fixed out of the gate, its been flawless. I might add that the engine is a bit too powerful for the car and this is comfirmed in the following quote "The SLK32 AMG was fun, like a go-kart, but the engine was too powerful for the car." AMG head of product development Hendrik Hummel. I might add a very fun "go-kart". ;-) This was response to questions with the introduction of the SLK55 which in my opinion is butt ugly.

As for the crossfire...it only proves that AMG can make engines for the masses and warranty them to boot. ;-) Perhaps it will reduce parts costs when the car is 30 years old. ;-) A good Benz never dies.

Frist, I'm not interested in Porsche's so that's why no post. Secondly, I didn't buy my car as a status symbol as some may do. For the buck, I got a rocket ship. Its a blast to drive and on the freeway, bring on the 997's. I may not win 100% of the time, but you spent whole lot more. ;-)

The SLK32 didn't make the Car and Driver top 10, but in acceleration from 40-70 only the GT2 beat it the year it first came out. Spend as you will, but there isn't another Benz in my future for many moons. I don't think this one is gonna wear out tomorrow. AMG cars are rock solid and besides a couple of cosmetic things which were fixed out of the gate, its been flawless. I might add that the engine is a bit too powerful for the car and this is comfirmed in the following quote "The SLK32 AMG was fun, like a go-kart, but the engine was too powerful for the car." AMG head of product development Hendrik Hummel. I might add a very fun "go-kart". ;-) This was response to questions with the introduction of the SLK55 which in my opinion is butt ugly.

As for the crossfire...it only proves that AMG can make engines for the masses and warranty them to boot. ;-) Perhaps it will reduce parts costs when the car is 30 years old. ;-) A good Benz never dies.

So back to the original topic...anyone got pics of what the facelift will look like.

So back to the original topic...anyone got pics of what the facelift will look like.

AMG wouldn't be around if Mercedes could just cut the unnecessary extra weight off their vehicles...unlike Porsches, which are designed from the drawing board as sports cars (or sports SUV's if you must include the Cayenne), Benz's are not. The AMG doesn't hide the fact that underneath all the AMG badging, larger disc brakes and increased (and necessary) engine output, it's still a sedan that has - as my signature says - novacaine injected steering.

It's a fine car for looking good in on Madison Avenue and driving around the mall's parking lot.

As for the facelift, I don't know how it will look although basing from recent design "upgrades," I wouldn't be expecting much.

They did just come out with a Chrysler Town and Country underneath a three-pointed star (R).

AMG wouldn't be around if Mercedes could just cut the unnecessary extra weight off their vehicles...unlike Porsches, which are designed from the drawing board as sports cars (or sports SUV's if you must include the Cayenne), Benz's are not. The AMG doesn't hide the fact that underneath all the AMG badging, larger disc brakes and increased (and necessary) engine output, it's still a sedan that has - as my signature says - novacaine injected steering.

It's a fine car for looking good in on Madison Avenue and driving around the mall's parking lot.

As for the facelift, I don't know how it will look although basing from recent design "upgrades," I wouldn't be expecting much.

They did just come out with a Chrysler Town and Country underneath a three-pointed star (R).

You do crack me up. Thanks for the laugh. Life has been too serious and I've enjoyed the fun. Nothing personal.

You do have it out for Mercedes though. Did you have a girl friend of that name that dumped you? Something is deep rooted. No matter to each his own.

Oh and if you knew the true history of AMG you'd know that they have kicked butt since the 70's. Mercedes just got smart to buy them out.

Enjoy!

You do crack me up. Thanks for the laugh. Life has been too serious and I've enjoyed the fun. Nothing personal.

You do have it out for Mercedes though. Did you have a girl friend of that name that dumped you? Something is deep rooted. No matter to each his own.

Oh and if you knew the true history of AMG you'd know that they have kicked butt since the 70's. Mercedes just got smart to buy them out.

Enjoy!

Quote:
    slk32 said:

Enjoy!

Nothing really rooted, I just don't fancy cars that are pretentious - sedans trying to become supercars. Besides my kind of girls like to drive stick and sports cars like P's and F's, not sedans with adaptive cruise control and automatic trunk closer mechanisms

If I wanted to look like a drugdealer, third world country diplomat, or aspiring rapstar from the projects that still lives with mom - or if I wanted to appear as someone that enjoys future Chrysler products... I would buy a Mercedes.

At one point I thought of getting my future kids a Mercedes for HS and college, but I don't want them growing up, aspiring to be Hoke Colburn in Driving Miss Daisy.

AMG has been kicking butt as overpriced paperweights - ya got that right.

Quote:
    slk32 said:

Enjoy!

Nothing really rooted, I just don't fancy cars that are pretentious - sedans trying to become supercars. Besides my kind of girls like to drive stick and sports cars like P's and F's, not sedans with adaptive cruise control and automatic trunk closer mechanisms

If I wanted to look like a drugdealer, third world country diplomat, or aspiring rapstar from the projects that still lives with mom - or if I wanted to appear as someone that enjoys future Chrysler products... I would buy a Mercedes.

At one point I thought of getting my future kids a Mercedes for HS and college, but I don't want them growing up, aspiring to be Hoke Colburn in Driving Miss Daisy.

AMG has been kicking butt as overpriced paperweights - ya got that right.

And a Porsche 977 or turbo is not pretentious?

Buying a kid a Benz is pretentious...I agree. Smart decision not to.

If you hate AMG's/Mercedes so much why do you visit the AMG board? Not that your not welcome, but just wondering. I personally like the different point of views, but yours is quite strong.

Maybe this is a good outlet for you.

If you hate AMG's/Mercedes so much why do you visit the AMG board? Not that your not welcome, but just wondering. I personally like the different point of views, but yours is quite strong.

This thread is totally going off topic....Anyway, i don't want to offence you, ajcastaneda, but IMHO if you didn't know the difference between an SL and a slk, i don't think your opinions about Mercedes models are very interesting...Pictures/infos related to the topic are welcome.

This thread is totally going off topic....Anyway, i don't want to offence you, ajcastaneda, but IMHO if you didn't know the difference between an SL and a slk, i don't think your opinions about Mercedes models are very interesting...Pictures/infos related to the topic are welcome.

Quote:
    slk32 said:

Porsches are sports cars - and although they offer wood interior pieces (which belong on BMW's and Mercedes) they don't try to be anything else. Porsche doesn't need an AMG.

I'm a New Yorker, I'm supposed to have strong opinion.

Quote:
    slk32 said:

Porsches are sports cars - and although they offer wood interior pieces (which belong on BMW's and Mercedes) they don't try to be anything else. Porsche doesn't need an AMG.

I'm a New Yorker, I'm supposed to have strong opinion.

Cookie Monster...do you think the new SL will have the F1 front end or not? I'm getting mixed opinions from my sources.

Cookie Monster...do you think the new SL will have the F1 front end or not? I'm getting mixed opinions from my sources.

You may want to look here. The german guy clams the pics are the car.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1220380

You may want to look here. The german guy clams the pics are the car.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1220380

Well i don't know for the "new"(2008?) SL, but don't expect big changes for the 2006 facelift, they won't change the nose for the facelift.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    806468 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    449511 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    267039 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90446 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    7198 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

887268 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    836042 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM