Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: very new 997 tt pictures

Quote:
    mumbasic said:
    17. mobile phone

Awesome pics, mumbasic,

Keep your eyes peeled for more 997TT's roaming the Black Forest.

WOW! Great pics, do you have any more?

Where is RC when you need him .

mumbasic your the man, great pictures

Quote:
    mumbasic said:
    I thought it would be a nice step if I put all these pictures this evening. My wife was angry, as I said I go to my office to put some pictures to the web.

AM

Thanks very much indeed for putting in the extra effort and bearing the spousal wrath

mumbastic you are bombastic.
    Rennteam mods should find a nice way to thank you after this exclusic shots. Maybe we should think about something like member of the month.

cant wait till RC sees these!!!

Quote:
    zzboba said:
    Quote:
    mumbasic said:
    comp with my car. My car is parked 10 cm further away. That's why the turbo looks wider.

IMO your car looks wider...

GREAT pictures!!! thank you mumbasic!!

I agree, your C4S looks much wider. I hope that is not the case, though.

Great pics Nice catch.

Great pictures......they really put a lot of miles on the "test" cars, notice the wear and corrosion on the front disks!!

Quote:
    mumbasic said:
    comp with my car. My car is parked 10 cm further away. That's why the turbo looks wider.

Plus I think the different angle on the cars exaggerates the apparent discrepancy.

First of all, phenomenal job. These pictures are beautiful, your comparison was insightful...everything done very well.

Secondly:
    Quote:
    Al Pettite Said:

Zzboba,

From a marketing standpoint alone, it seems illogical to me for P to not have PDK available at launch-since this is when all eyes will be on the car-so one still wonders if all 3 trannies (6SP, Tip, PDK) could be available this year. And P would perhaps keep the PDK cars hidden from view so sharpshooters like mumbasic can't catch pics of it until official release? Any thoughts?

I disagree. I think its about volume sales. You go to the release with tip/6spd. You market the tip as faster than the 6spd so they sell like hot cakes to non-Porschephiles where PDK doesn't really matter, numbers, looks and exclusivity (first slavo of release) matters...

The speculative buyer waits for the PDK on the second slavo (6 months maybe more in advance) and the sales keep churning. Porsche dumps obsolete Tip cars (inferior to the PDK in every aspect) and still makes a killing doing it. I don't see them doing it any other way based upon the rumors etc...

Quote:
    Hurst said:
    First of all, phenomenal job. These pictures are beautiful, your comparison was insightful...everything done very well.

Secondly:
    Quote:
    Al Pettite Said:

Zzboba,

From a marketing standpoint alone, it seems illogical to me for P to not have PDK available at launch-since this is when all eyes will be on the car-so one still wonders if all 3 trannies (6SP, Tip, PDK) could be available this year. And P would perhaps keep the PDK cars hidden from view so sharpshooters like mumbasic can't catch pics of it until official release? Any thoughts?

I disagree. I think its about volume sales. You go to the release with tip/6spd. You market the tip as faster than the 6spd so they sell like hot cakes to non-Porschephiles where PDK doesn't really matter, numbers, looks and exclusivity (first slavo of release) matters...

The speculative buyer waits for the PDK on the second slavo (6 months maybe more in advance) and the sales keep churning. Porsche dumps obsolete Tip cars (inferior to the PDK in every aspect) and still makes a killing doing it. I don't see them doing it any other way based upon the rumors etc...

Good point, except the only way for Tip to be faster than manual would be to program the ECU to raise power and torque for the Tip. But certainly they could stagger the Tip and PDK for the non-manual market as you described.

Quote:
    Turbo Al said:
    Quote:
    Hurst said:

Secondly:
    Quote:
    Al Pettite Said:

Zzboba,

Good point, except the only way for Tip to be faster than manual would be to program the ECU to raise power and torque for the Tip. But certainly they could stagger the Tip and PDK for the non-manual market as you described.

True. I'm basing part of this analysis on the whole "3.7 0-100kmph" rumor for the Tip, which has been rumored to be faster than the manual (either for ECU proddings or due to the new VTG

Quote:
    BD 997 said:

I think RC logon as mumbasic to post the pics. Thanks RC. Oh, I mean thanks mumbasic.

Nice pics. Thanks....

mumbasic:

I have to agree that the difference between 996 and 996TT was by far greater. The 997s and 997TT look so much a like, the fat body on the 997S does not help either as it makes them more similar. The 997TT is an awsome machine so one has to drive it and then justify the extra $$$$$$ Thanks for the pictures, you have done good my friend

Quote:
    Hurst said:
    Quote:
    Turbo Al said:
    Quote:
    Hurst said:

Secondly:
    Quote:
    Al Pettite Said:

Zzboba,

True. I'm basing part of this analysis on the whole "3.7 0-100kmph" rumor for the Tip, which has been rumored to be faster than the manual (either for ECU proddings or due to the new VTG

Yes,

I was about to write that since the 997TT in all its tranny iterations would have the same powerplant and VTG setup, that the 3.7 0-100kph rumour "couldn't" be for the Tip (unless the manual and/or PDK would go even quicker), then I realized by definition, a rumour is merely a rumour, so it isn't assailable. But whatever the time 0-100kph for Tip, manual and PDK will be quicker. And for me the remaining question is quickness of the manual vs. PDK. . . .

Hey what's with the smaller round circle next to the headlight on the first pic? Is that just part of the camo material itself, or is there something else hidden underneath?

Cameo & head light washing nosil!

Quote:
    BD 997 said:

Well...I saw them and Adnan already did a great job of posting a nice 997 Turbo pic on the german forum. But these pictures are just fantastic, absolutely what we all wanted to see and I really have to thank him. I just wish he would have put a short Rennteam logo or something on them because I bet they already made it around the world in no time. Such pictures always help to raise user numbers and I think this site is worth it.

Many thanks to mumbasic, I think there are no real secrets more about the upcoming 997 Turbo. Oh well, maybe two: final horse power figure and performance figures.
    BTW: as far as I heard, all PDK (or should I say PDCS ) test mules also have a PCCB brake.

So the next task for you, Adnan: find a PCCB equipped car and pray it has PDK. Thanks again.

Regarding tire sizes: I think that the 997 Turbo has the same tire size like the 997 C4S but I'm not sure. Meaning 235s front and 305s rear. Only the rim offset seems to be slightly different.

Regarding the 225 mph speedo: I hope you guys finally start to understand that we here at Rennteam are not guessing. So please don't be surprised if we've been accurate with some figures in the past. But trust me: we don't know enough to be satisfied, I think we'll change our defensive strategy in the future and go for gold. Meaning: some of us are living very close to Weissach and Zuffenhausen and we have the right equipment.

Quote:
    FSU-997S said:
    Hey what's with the smaller round circle next to the headlight on the first pic? Is that just part of the camo material itself, or is there something else hidden underneath?

Good pickup. I think what you are referring to is part of the 996-lookalike camo., since on the 996 headlight assembly, there's a circular chrome cover for the headlight washers.

Oops,

I just noticed POR911 beat me to the punch.

Quote:
    Turbo Al said:
    Quote:
    FSU-997S said:

Good pickup. I think what you are referring to is part of the 996-lookalike camo., since on the 996 headlight assembly, there's a circular chrome cover for the headlight washers.

Oops,

I was actually looking at the larger circle to the left of the headlight.....not the washer in front of the headlight. I think it might be part of the camo after further thought.

Good thing the covered up the P logo on the hood, I was confused for a moment....

Quote:
    FSU-997S said:
    Quote:
    Turbo Al said:
    Quote:
    FSU-997S said:

Oops,

I was actually looking at the larger circle to the left of the headlight.....not the washer in front of the headlight. I think it might be part of the camo after further thought.

Good thing the covered up the P logo on the hood, I was confused for a moment....

Yes,

I thought that was what you were referring to. I think it's the attempt at 997TT camo. to make the 997TT headlamp "look" like the redesigned 996 headlamp-such as on my 2005 996TSCab:

That circular chrome cover just inside each headlamp roofs the washer assembly.

Ok, we know what the outside looks like and that inside there is a 225mph or 360kph speedo.

Now, what about some details of the new aerodynamics under the car that Porsche hints about?

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    Ok, we know what the outside looks like and that inside there is a 225mph or 360kph speedo.

Now, what about some details of the new aerodynamics under the car that Porsche hints about?

Good idea,

Let's see if mumbasic can get out his camera, crawl on his belly, and take some ground-level shots underneath the car.

Quote:
    Turbo Al said:
    Let's see if mumbasic can get out his camera, crawl on his belly, and take some ground-level shots underneath the car.

Let's hope that the size of his belly will even allow him to take some ground-level shots...

Nice job mumbasic. You should be awarded with the title "Chief Rennlist Paparazzi".

I like the looks very much but can't swallow the rims. They look too much BMW-ish to me.

Re: Very new 997 Turbo pictures!!!

Fantastic mumbasic! GREAT job! thanks for sharing!

Did somebody notice the sunroof?
    I dont understand why porsche still doesnt manage to make the sunroof out of glass.
    Most of the pople never open the roof, they only enjoy the light that is getting into the car.

Quote:
    Avoe said:
    Did somebody notice the sunroof?
    I dont understand why porsche still doesnt manage to make the sunroof out of glass.
    Most of the pople never open the roof, they only enjoy the light that is getting into the car.

Yeah, but a glass sunroof makes the car look weird from the outside in some paint colors...

Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    BD 997 said:

Well...I saw them and Adnan already did a great job of posting a nice 997 Turbo pic on the german forum. But these pictures are just fantastic, absolutely what we all wanted to see and I really have to thank him. I just wish he would have put a short Rennteam logo or something on them because I bet they already made it around the world in no time. Such pictures always help to raise user numbers and I think this site is worth it.

Many thanks to mumbasic, I think there are no real secrets more about the upcoming 997 Turbo. Oh well, maybe two: final horse power figure and performance figures.
    BTW: as far as I heard, all PDK (or should I say PDCS ) test mules also have a PCCB brake.

So the next task for you, Adnan: find a PCCB equipped car and pray it has PDK. Thanks again.

Regarding tire sizes: I think that the 997 Turbo has the same tire size like the 997 C4S but I'm not sure. Meaning 235s front and 305s rear. Only the rim offset seems to be slightly different.

Regarding the 225 mph speedo: I hope you guys finally start to understand that we here at Rennteam are not guessing. So please don't be surprised if we've been accurate with some figures in the past. But trust me: we don't know enough to be satisfied, I think we'll change our defensive strategy in the future and go for gold. Meaning: some of us are living very close to Weissach and Zuffenhausen and we have the right equipment.

You know, there is no finer internet experience than reading RC's "hints" as the launch of a new P-car approaches.

The anticiapation is soooo fun! (I log onto rennteam everytime I get on the net and hope for a big treat like these pics!)

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM