Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Yet another automobile writer blown away by the "dog" 430.

My comrade Jim provided me with the link.

http://motoring.independent.co.uk/road_tests/article333173.ece

Re: Yet another automobile writer blown away by the "dog" 430.

Quote:
    I know it isn't beautiful, but the days of beautiful Ferraris are long gone

No further comment necessary

Quote:
    Even the paddle-shift gear change works well, allowing for the full PlayStation driving experience

Bahahaha

Quote:

Also in this section
    Citroën C6,Mazda 6 2.0 TS2 Estate, Honda Civic 2.2 iCTDi, Honda Civic,Peugeot 1007

Considering the other cars driven (and the Citroen that he owns) no wonder the ferrari blew his mind.. a Peugeot Coupe would've had about the same effect

PS. Yeah, the F430 IS a great car

Quote:
    brunner said:
    Quote:
    I know it isn't beautiful, but the days of beautiful Ferraris are long gone

No further comment necessary

Quote:
    Even the paddle-shift gear change works well, allowing for the full PlayStation driving experience

Bahahaha

Quote:

Also in this section
    Citroën C6,Mazda 6 2.0 TS2 Estate, Honda Civic 2.2 iCTDi, Honda Civic,Peugeot 1007

Considering the other cars driven (and the Citroen that he owns) no wonder the ferrari blew his mind.. a Peugeot Coupe would've had about the same effect

PS. Yeah, the F430 IS a great car

Here is another quote, "I do believe this is the greatest car on sale today".

Quote:
    "I do believe this is the greatest car on sale today"

This seems to be what all the reviews are saying consistently . I would have to agree , while other cars have the performance that this car may have this car is taking the top spot for its looks as much as anything . I do not think the demand for this car is going to slow down one bit .

nberry how many miles do you have on your car , do you plan on lots of road trips and really driving it as much as possible or do you try and keep the miles at a minimum like so many Ferrari owners do ?

Quote:
    OCEAN said:
    Quote:
    "I do believe this is the greatest car on sale today"

This seems to be what all the reviews are saying consistently . I would have to agree , while other cars have the performance that this car may have this car is taking the top spot for its looks as much as anything . I do not think the demand for this car is going to slow down one bit .

nberry how many miles do you have on your car , do you plan on lots of road trips and really driving it as much as possible or do you try and keep the miles at a minimum like so many Ferrari owners do ?

Miles are NEVER an issue with me. I try to drive it everday. The only condition I require is that the weather be good enough for top down driving. Sadly in San Diego it has been unseasonably cold. However the weather is supposed to be seasonably warmer this week. Away I go.

San Diego to Vegas by way of back roads through Palm Springs I use to do that run in my cab when I lived in LA .

Just make sure you have a clear bra on your car before making the trip out to Palm Springs. Drove through a sandstorm a few years ago and had to get my front end repainted

Amazing car.....

i can't wait for mine!!

Please Santa send my car before april 06...

I bought my F430 thinking I'd probably trade it back for something else fairly quickly - and now I can't bring myself to let it go.

My enjoyment of the car, of course, is only enhanced by the envy it inspires in my Porsche owning friends.

Quote:
    y enjoyment of the car, of course, is only enhanced by the envy it inspires in my Porsche owning friends.

Quote:
    OCEAN said:
    Quote:
    My enjoyment of the car, of course, is only enhanced by the envy it inspires in my Porsche owning friends.

What, don't tell me you're surprised?

Quote:
    WCH said:
    I bought my F430 thinking I'd probably trade it back for something else fairly quickly - and now I can't bring myself to let it go.

Then don't sell it. You've obviously been made for each other. Inspiring envy? Wow, you really are an enthusiast...

"Then don't sell it. You've obviously been made for each other. Inspiring envy? Wow, you really are an enthusiast"

Actually, I am! I'm also a Porsche owner; if Porsche make a 997 GT2, I will stand in line to buy it. My "envy" comment really goes to the endless and to me baffling sniping at Ferrari by Porsche folks on this site. Porsche's cars and race history speak for themselves, IMO.

And yet seemingly insecure Porschephiles argue on and on and on about why this or that Porsche is "better" than that or this Ferrari. Why? I don't get it.

Write away, if it makes you happy. I'll just keep on buying what I like - Porsche or Ferrari.

Quote:
    Aisxos said:
    Please Santa send my car before april 06...

Santa, whatever you do, don't tell Aisxos that his car will arrive on April 1!

He will agonise for the next 3 months about whether he can take it seriously!

Quote:
    WCH said:And yet seemingly insecure Porschephiles argue on and on and on about why this or that Porsche is "better" than that or this Ferrari. Why? I don't get it.

Why don't you ask Nick the RennTroll that?

Quote:
    WCH said:

You don't really believe that, do you?

"You don't really believe that, do you?"

No, of course not. RC, look at my reply to Crash above.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    WCH said:

Then don't sell it. You've obviously been made for each other. Inspiring envy? Wow, you really are an enthusiast...

You love to start arguements defending Porsche dont you? Why did you update your profile and then change it back within hours, do you really live in Croatia?

Quote:
    WCH said:
    "Then don't sell it. You've obviously been made for each other. Inspiring envy? Wow, you really are an enthusiast"

Actually, I am! I'm also a Porsche owner; if Porsche make a 997 GT2, I will stand in line to buy it. My "envy" comment really goes to the endless and to me baffling sniping at Ferrari by Porsche folks on this site. Porsche's cars and race history speak for themselves, IMO.

And yet seemingly insecure Porschephiles argue on and on and on about why this or that Porsche is "better" than that or this Ferrari. Why? I don't get it.

Write away, if it makes you happy. I'll just keep on buying what I like - Porsche or Ferrari.

So well said Will, I feel exactly the same.

In fact that is the only thing at rennteam, that can be a little bit annoying.

Quote:
    vinnie said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    WCH said:

You love to start arguements defending Porsche dont you? Why did you update your profile and then change it back within hours, do you really live in Croatia?

I did not update my profile and no, I don't live in Croatia. Regarding arguments, you should read around the site more. I am not a Porsche fanatic, but there are a lot of claims that don't have any merit to them, regarding Porsche.

Quote:
    WCH said:

WCH, sorry for the harsh comment. I'm glad you think the way you do . Merry Christmas!

still have to wait till march till mine arrives... i am agonising!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Re: Yet another automobile writer blown away by the "dog" 43

Quote:
    WCH said:

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    So well said Will, I feel exactly the same.

In fact that is the only thing at rennteam, that can be a little bit annoying.

That works both ways and always has.

Just look at Nick's constant P bashing, do you see a P-fan bashing Ferrari here like he obcesively bashes Porsche? Or take a look at the latest thread in the Ferrari section and look at the derogatory porsche references...

On top of it this is a mayoritarian Porsche Board so you would expect more argumentation favoring Porsche over other makers such as Ferrari. Go to F-chat and you will see much less objectivety toward Porsche than there is for Ferrari here for example. Following your reasoning who is more insecure in general then? who cares, as long as we "argument" our statements and share "sincere" opinions with no hidden agendas then its all good

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:

Just look at Nick's constant P bashing, do you see a P-fan bashing Ferrari here like he obcesively bashes Porsche? Or take a look at the latest thread in the Ferrari section and look at the derogatory porsche references...

On top of it this is a mayoritarian Porsche Board so you would expect more argumentation favoring Porsche over other makers such as Ferrari. Go to F-chat and you will see much less objectivety toward Porsche than there is for Ferrari here for example. Following your reasoning who is more insecure in general then? who cares, as long as we "argument" our statements and share "sincere" opinions with no hidden agendas then its all good

Carlos, just a few arguments:
    1) Nick is something like the rennteam clown, so I don't take his comments too seriously
    2) f-chat is nice to get some infos about Ferrari, but the F-blindness of its users is even more annoying than the F-bashing on rennteam
    3) and concerning your argument about the majority here at rennteam being Porschephiles, I have no problem with that. I always liked both brands very much (and some others too). But what I don't understand are people, who try to persuade others, that Porsche is the one and only and Ferrari doesn't stand a chance, no matter which subject we are talking about. And above all with a certain kind of sarcasm, that is simply not appropriate for a decent forum like rennteam.
    Sharing arguments is fine, as long as we stay neutral and don't try to talk the oposition down.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:

1) Nick is something like the rennteam clown, so I don't take his comments too seriously
    2) f-chat is nice to get some infos about Ferrari, but the F-blindness of its users is even more annoying than the F-bashing on rennteam
    3) and concerning your argument about the majority here at rennteam being Porschephiles, I have no problem with that. I always liked both brands very much (and some others too). But what I don't understand are people, who try to persuade others, that Porsche is the one and only and Ferrari doesn't stand a chance, no matter which subject we are talking about. And above all with a certain kind of sarcasm, that is simply not appropriate for a decent forum like rennteam.
    Sharing arguments is fine, as long as we stay neutral and don't try to talk the oposition down.

Rossi I have to say I disagree here, of course Rennteam is Porsche-oriented and because it is all about passion, Porsche-biased, but I don't think there are a lot of Ferrari bashing here.
    In fact it is actually the other way around IMHO: most arguments here critizising Ferrari are objective and based on facts, whereas all pro-Ferrari arguments are rather subjective at the best, but pretty often biased and not based on anything consistent.
    Yes the F430's Nürbürgring time is very disappointing, given it was fitted with the Pirelli Corsa (!), yes as RC said (who is unbiased, anyone knows that) Ferrari doesn't have the exigencies of Porsche, we see dozen of 997TTS prototypes in the desert, have we seen the same re. Ferrari yet? "On the other side of the fence", it is rather Horst Von Saurma is Porsche-biased, we don't know the temperature of the asphalt, blah blah blah...

P.S: I also love Ferrari

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:

Jeez Rossi nothing like putting yourself up on a pedestal. Right, your above the fray like a Roman Senator who turns his nose down on everyone while making judgments on the rabble below.

Putting the knife between my shoulder blades will not elevate you my friend. It only demeans you especially when your trying to defend yourself. Where were you when they were handing out backbone?

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:

Just look at Nick's constant P bashing, do you see a P-fan bashing Ferrari here like he obcesively bashes Porsche?

Jeez Rossi nothing like putting yourself up on a pedestal. Right, your above the fray like a Roman Senator who turns his nose down on everyone while making judgments on the rabble below.

Putting the knife between my shoulder blades will not elevate you my friend. It only demeans you especially when your trying to defend yourself. Where were you when they were handing out backbone?

See what I mean, Carlos?

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    See what I mean, Carlos?

Loud and clear

P-fans in this forum think they are the one who are most aggravated by Nick and his P-bashing comments, but in reality he hurts more the real F-fans in this forum by giving them a bad stereotype, and fomenting a general anti-Ferrarism in return to his procations.

Nick, the F-fans suffer your comments more than the P-fans, there is no back-stabbing in Rossi's post. You and Rossi are not in the same "vibe" or "side", at least I don't consider Rossi to be.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    778238 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442068 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262966 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261233 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85495 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5708 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880905 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    816555 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM