Crown

Board: Porsche - Boxster Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Any 987 owners living in HK dealing with JEBSEN?

HI Long 720 any feedback from u? Or are you busy taking more pictures of your yellow 987S in front of yellow leaves?

Schemeloong, the terracotta is really cool with the black but it is unfortunately an option. I couldn't remember how much... the cocoa top... now I don't know what top I am gonna get but instincts tell me that arctic silver looks good with a black top with black interior. That's the image colour and I will go with it. The terracotta definitely makes the car look more exotic but I am a typical guy who would worry about a colour tiring me out. I sit in that car loads... I may grow tired of the terracotta. Just like Black on Terracotta... sure it looks exotic in the garage at Sino (there's a 987s parked there all the time) but it certainly may not be good after my driving it for a few months. As far as I know, my R171 SLK 350 silver on black... despite it being touted as boring, conservative... never put any regret in me. Someone once said black or red but no way... that would make the car look smaller and I ain't Leon Lai either... very SUN BAY (mysterious). Yeah a few friends said for my age, I should go for exotica like CARRERA WHITE (no way...) and YELLOW but I worry that I will dislike them after a while. The yellow boxster of long 720 looks really hot... another guy's Black on TAN looks hot especially with the red caliper but it always looks good on others but for myself... I am more on the safe side. Silver is always to be a winner but it is sometimes too safe. Heck, even my father thinks that I should get it in exotic colour like red or yellow... um... on second thought no.

The terracotta is an option so I will skip that. If this car runs > 900,000 with the tiptronic, it's not worth it. Hence, financially speaking, 987 base as a cruiser is plenty as I don't go tracking that much and 987 s is a plus and it's more long term... but I wonder which sells better in the second hand market.

If there's one thing you should NOT GET, it is the GT SILVER. You can't tell and for 20K or so, it will NOT SELL BETTER. GT SILVER is for the GT I guess... I ain't paying for that. For that $$$, get the sport chrono just to impress a friend or the girl next to you.

Everything else aside, I feel better thinking that I will NOT get the EWS at 50K. It's sortta useless and I can never use up that much brake pads and rotors. Still thinking and I might delay until Jan 3rd to put in a deposit.

hey Schemeloong & gang, just busy w/ work stuff, I am hving my lunch at the desk at the moment...I'll definitely try to PM you guys.

tky is now 1pm, gosh I miss hk lunchboxes...

Cool ptcja... I figure for a convertible car the interior color will matter even more than hardtop ones, so will take the plunge (HKD19,500 + tax), try to download the Boxster screen saver, and it's got an Artic Silver one with cocoa top and cocoa interior. Silver or grey + cocoa top is like the fad now, look at Mazda's new MX-5, their showcar is also a Silver + Cocoa top, looks awesome. The Terra Cotta package will turn the interior into almost full leather. Yup just skipped GT Silver. Another option that I recommend is the sport steering wheel, the original one on the Seal Grey test car is so thin and dinky!

Bose is a must too, it's got Class D + switching amps = powerful and very little draw on the alternator...

Hey Long 720, I miss all the sushi bars and Yoshinoya beef rice in Tokyo! in fact I might go to Tokyo during CNY...

BTW ptcja, you should check out Jebsen's Boxster inventory on the 7th floor, they have a white 987 in stock and white looks aweful... but it's good for Carrera..

ptcja, glad you've experienced the "feel" of Boxster, it's steering feel, handling, engine "music" behind you. Have test driven both 987 S tip and 6sp few months ago. You can actually launch a tip from 1st gear if you use the "manual" mode- a huge difference over the 2nd gear start. Also a test car not driven in is likely to be much slower than one that's done more than 10K's. Having said that I don't think teh Boxster models have been touted as dragsters, but in the hands of a good driver can be devastating in a race track.I'm assuming you'll be looking at a tip model, the extra torque of the S would justify it's cost IMO.With regards to in gear accelaration, I personally would do better in a tip than a manual simply because I am not great at driving a stick. So pick a tip if you feel more comfortable with it. Accelation from a stick off a line is better, but at a potential cost of clutch wear/burn.

Something for you Schemeloong !!

Thank you freak 2! Looks great but don't know if it is worth it coz it is a USD5,100- option here!!!

That's even more expensive than here !!
    Here it IS expensive at 2500 Euro (approx 3000 USD), but HK price !! NOW I believe that you're going for Arctic !!
    Are you going for Cocoa or Terra Cotta ??
    With Cocoa Leather it is really A MUST to take the Cocoa Top, but I would take a Black Top with Terra Cotta interior, just my 2 cents.

Quote:
    Martin J.S. said:
    I have a 987 base with a tip and I totally love it. IMHO the difference between an "S" and a "non-S" is not really relevant. When you look "down" from a 996 Turbo, both cars are no "super-sporty-cars", but they're both fun to ride. However the "S" on the Boxster is not worth the extra $$$ IMHO. Put that money into extras... not into the engine. That's the way I did it. No regrets.

Is your Turbo Tiptronic? There must be a huge difference between the two...

Quote:
    Schemeloong said:
    BTW ptcja, you should check out Jebsen's Boxster inventory on the 7th floor, they have a white 987 in stock and white looks aweful... but it's good for Carrera..

Scheme, 7th floor Top Glory Building? I was never brought there. I should just go check it out. I am still thinking and may make a deposit before I head to Japan 25th... or maybe I should wait till 2006 Jan? What do you think? I either have him prepare the contract or do it in Jan. It doesn't hurt to wait as I don't think the quota runs out but doing it early also means that I am more settled and would have gotten myself a big x'mas gift. Silver with Cocoa top? Lemme check it out... what are some good places to check out some stock pictures and combinations. The car configurator is no good.

Freak 2, that was a nice one. Lemme check it out, I like the cocoa top and the silver but the cocoa interior, is that an option Schemeloong... I bet it is. Silver on black and black is definitely safest but a bit boring.

Regarding the top, does anyone know which would keep better? The black or the cocoa? The black may fade easier but the cocoa maybe better.

The cocoa interior may not grow on me and I may grow tired of it but black is definitely back.

BTW, Schemeloong, what's the deal with the coloured crest? Did you get coloured crest? I like it but it is an option? Damn I think you will have to get the wheels option by painting the rims the same colour as the body and it definitely isn't worth the money for the artic silver because the rims are already silver to begin with. It maybe cool if it is seal grey or black (black on black rims very cool... sun BAY LEON LAI type). But I think I have just scratched the idea of the Seal Grey. Silver with Cocoa is cool.

Schemeloong, and what about the PCM, definitely makes the interior looks a lot better but dammit, I think it's 50K HKD or something... it's cool though.

Did you ever have a chance to watch top gear test on SLK 55 V. Boxster S? if not, here it is again... just too funny.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1469653448696004924&q=top+gear

freak 2, are those 19" carrera S wheels? They don't look like the standard 18" Boxster S wheels.

Quote:
    ptcja said:
    freak 2, are those 19" carrera S wheels? They don't look like the standard 18" Boxster S wheels.

Yes, 19" Carrera S Wheels, I love them, IMHO WAY BETTER LOOKING than the standard 18" wheels !!

Seal with Cocoa is also VERY NICE, I think Porsche-Jeck ordered that.

Seal with Cocoa 997 Carrera S Cab

2. 19" Carrera S Wheels painted exterior color (Seal)

freak 2 thanks. Read on the paper yesterday that the new fashion colour for cars and porsche is SEAL GREY METALLIC. Black and Silver are becoming quite cliche.

I ain't sure Schemeloong and long, I have yet to put any deposit and sign the contract. I must inform Paul of my choices first.

Schemeloong, you already signed the JEBSEN contract right? Did you already put down your deposit? If so, your colour should be all set to be ARCTIC SILVER on TERRACOTTA right? Or did you simply sign the contract yet was given time to think again? I wonder if I should sign now or wait till 2006 Jan.

I think my choice is pretty set on Silver on Black Interior. My roof is really what I need to consider and I am thinking BLACK TO BE SAFEST but COCOA to be more exotic. Any input ont he metropole BLUE? I think Cocoa or Black would be the way to go and that's the image colour on Porsche's site. However, does anyone feel that COCOA may have a touch of feminity to it as being a bit too fashionable?

I think SEAL GREY on COCOA on the boxster would be fine too as an in between colour between black and silver and it wouldn't be too hard for upkeeping.

Seal grey looks great, same color scheme as the Boxster S demo that I tried with wheels painted in exterior color. Like the color but won't get it since my friend just ordered a Carrera in Seal grey. Won't get the color keyed rims since will change rims anyways. I will definitely stick with 18 rims since the roads in HK are really bad.

Blue top will go well with silver as well, especially you have the black interior, but do consider Seal grey with Cocoa top, aweful.

I don't think getting either black or silver is so cliche, color really is so personal.

Beautiful combo.Coloured wheels give that extra aggresive look.Dunno about the coloured wheel crest.

Did thought about getting the Basalt black coz it is the nicest metallic black that I have ever seen!

Schemeloong, so you think seal grey with cocoa is awful? I prefer arctic silver with black top/cocoa top and black interior. But the screensaver looks pretty good, silver with cocoa top and interior. But obviously P puts in the Ceramic brake discs to fool us... that's expensive.

987 s plain vanilla only with metallic paint is the way I will go. One useless option to get for looks would simply be the sport chrono at 7800 HKD. What does it do anyway without the PASM and PCM? Just there to show... yeah Scheme the demo is seal grey with rims painted same colour as the body which is really chic. now but it ain't worth it. Plus rims will get replaced in the future anyway... I think I will skip the coloured crest and embossed leather seats too.

schemeloong... looks like it's a seal deal with Jebsen before x'mas. Arctic Silver with Black top and black interior, the image colour. Plain vanilla but silver grey seat belt. Thought yellow would be more exotic.

I think the image one got the Cocoa interior, but anyway congrats!

BTW I think Seal Grey with Cocoa top looks great... one of the best color combos.

just informed my mother about my car. When I asked her to guess on the colour, she said silver with black and she was right. She however picked seal grey on black.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    753089 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430710 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258591 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255455 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79503 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5256 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868308 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    801860 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM