Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Self-Driving Tesla Was Involved in Fatal Crash

The future is made of bad drivers that are not paying attention to the road , but only at their fuxxxxxxxx smartphones..and the zombie 2.0 young kids are just worse than an 90 years old granma... so all the systems are more then welcome to improve safety....all this stuff should be on every car by law

--

993 c2

Interesting point:

Self-Driving Cars Will Make Organ Shortages Even Worse

http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/future_tense/2016/12/self_driving_cars_will_exacerbate_organ_shortages.html

Saw that. Kind of an interest take on the subject. I believe organ donation should be mandatory in all deaths and I think it will be in the future unless we can find a scientific solution.

Everyone should be required to be an organ donor IMO.

You cannot force someone to be an organ donor, your body is not the government's property. You can offer incentives for people opting to be organ donors or educate people more about what positive thing it is and how it can change others lives but you can't take pick their body parts after they are dead if they don't want to, or use them for research, or for dissection classes in universities, etc. It's a fundamental right the government has no right to violate, and I'm not religious. 

IMO it's an education thing. Spain for example for some reason it's the country in the world with most organ donating and most transplants, a hospital in Barcelona just broke the record i believe of transplants in a month, most recipients were children who had a new chance at life. Of course this is all possible but only because the population are voluntary organ donors to a high degree, but also because transplants are free in Spain due to the "free" universal healthcare system and patients don't need to be under insurance or pay out of their pocket. So those alls those need a transplant get on the waiting list and the public hospitals have the means to do a lot of them.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Carlos from Spain:

Meanwhile in Hillary's California their contribution to road safety is giving driving licences away to those undocumented immigrants that cannot pass it and have "bought theirs" in their country of origin...

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/12/28/dmv-licensed-800000-undocumented-immigrants-under-2-year-old-law/

--

Why not? It means those illegals will not have official government photo IDs and can vote legally now.

How big was the margin of victory in California for Hilary again? And how many illegals living there? It's not rocket science to add 2 and 2 together.

--

Whoopsy:
    Carlos from Spain:

Meanwhile in Hillary's California their contribution to road safety is giving driving licences away to those undocumented immigrants that cannot pass it and have "bought theirs" in their country of origin...

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/12/28/dmv-licensed-800000-undocumented-immigrants-under-2-year-old-law/

--

Why not? It means those illegals will not have official government photo IDs and can vote legally now.

How big was the margin of victory in California for Hilary again? And how many illegals living there? It's not rocket science to add 2 and 2 together.

Well, rocket scientists live in CA and might turn a blind eye to 2 + 2 = ???

--

Mike

918 Spyder + 991 GT3 RS +Tesla Roadster 1.5 & Model S + Panamera Turbo +  BMW Z8 + BMW 3.0 CSi + Bentley Arnage T

Carlos from Spain:

You cannot force someone to be an organ donor, your body is not the government's property. You can offer incentives for people opting to be organ donors or educate people more about what positive thing it is and how it can change others lives but you can't take pick their body parts after they are dead if they don't want to, or use them for research, or for dissection classes in universities, etc. It's a fundamental right the government has no right to violate, and I'm not religious. 

IMO it's an education thing. Spain for example for some reason it's the country in the world with most organ donating and most transplants, a hospital in Barcelona just broke the record i believe of transplants in a month, most recipients were children who had a new chance at life. Of course this is all possible but only because the population are voluntary organ donors to a high degree, but also because transplants are free in Spain due to the "free" universal healthcare system and patients don't need to be under insurance or pay out of their pocket. So those alls those need a transplant get on the waiting list and the public hospitals have the means to do a lot of them.

Once you're dead, why does it matter? Organ donation should be opt-out, not opt-in.

I don't believe it's even possible to have ownership rights to a dead body, nor is it considered property. Maybe some mummies in museums or something, but I'm pretty sure not a freshly dead body. When someone dies they simply cease to be and no doubt lose all rights. 

W8MM:
    Whoopsy:
    Carlos from Spain:

--

Hmm.......

Actually I think they do it like this, 2 + 2 = 100

--

noone1:
    Carlos from Spain:

Once you're dead, why does it matter? Organ donation should be opt-out, not opt-in.

I don't believe it's even possible to have ownership rights to a dead body, nor is it considered property. Maybe some mummies in museums or something, but I'm pretty sure not a freshly dead body. When someone dies they simply cease to be and no doubt lose all rights. 

You've heard of people being charged for committing indignity to a human body, haven't you? Of course there are still rights for the deceased. Organ donation should be opt-in; people shouldn't be harvested like some kind of meat crop. I agree with Carlos, people should be educated on the benefits of organ donation and given a chance to choose to be an organ donor, perhaps each time they renew their driver's licence or passport or something.

Most motor cycle riders are organ donors for obvious reasons angry

--

1986 BMW 325i Cabrio Alpine Weiss/Black Leather - German Spec 
    2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS 500 Black/Black Leather 

Ex: ''91 BMW 535i, '91 BMW 318i, '89 BMW 525i, '74 Mercedes-Benz 280E, '87 BMW 325is, '86 BMW 325e, '05 Ford Focus ZX4 S, '85.5 Porsche 944

JoeRockhead:
    noone1:
    Carlos from Spain:

You've heard of people being charged for committing indignity to a human body, haven't you? Of course there are still rights for the deceased. Organ donation should be opt-in; people shouldn't be harvested like some kind of meat crop. I agree with Carlos, people should be educated on the benefits of organ donation and given a chance to choose to be an organ donor, perhaps each time they renew their driver's licence or passport or something.

I don't believe that law exists in the United States. In fact, there is no federal law that prohibits even having sex with a dead body in the US, and only maybe half of the states have laws regarding it, according to Wikipedia. Most laws in the US revolve around handling a human body and what you can and can't do to it, no doubt for public health and sanitation reasons. 

In the Netherlands, organ donation is opt-out. And exactly for that reason I felt forced to opt out... I don't like the government determining this kind of stuff for me.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to donate if there is someone waiting for my organs, but there is no distinction between donating for someone who needs it, or donating "for science".

Next, there are horrible stories where the families of the deceased were ushered out of the room literally the minute that the patient died, because the doctors needed the organs as fresh as possible... To safe my beloved ones from these situations was another reason to opt out for me.

Feels horribly egotistic, but the way it is currently arranged, I do not feel like I am boss over my own body anymore.

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

Joost:

Don't get me wrong, I would love to donate if there is someone waiting for my organs, but there is no distinction between donating for someone who needs it, or donating "for science".

If donating for science means that the body can go to a university for dissecting all day by students studying anatomy until its unusable then I would opt-out as well Joost.

I have dissected cadavers in college, picked organs out of buckets to study, sliced brains, stuck pins on muscles and nerves in exams, etc, etc... and while I appreciate those who donated their bodies for that purpose, its just not something I would be confortable with for me or any of my family members. Its not a religious thing, its just that it doesn't seem right, totally illogical but don't want any of my family member's bodies to go through that.

--

Just read an article about a family trying to sue Apple for not implementing a patent of theirs in Facetime to prevent accidents fro distracted drivers. I guy was using Facetime and hit someone, killing one of their children.

While I don't think the case will go anywhere, it made me think. Should companies be allowed to patent technologies designed for safety without making a reasonable attempt to implement and license them at very reasonable prices?

Whoopsy:
    W8MM:

Hmm.......

Actually I think they do it like this, 2 + 2 = 100

Smiley  I guess nobody else is "logical" around here.

--

Mike

918 Spyder + 991 GT3 RS +Tesla Roadster 1.5 & Model S + Panamera Turbo +  BMW Z8 + BMW 3.0 CSi + Bentley Arnage T

DIdn't expect many to get that one 

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    762420 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435339 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260507 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257563 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80947 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5321 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

872255 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    807630 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM