Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: My new (p)ride and joy

Pic #1 is the best combo car/background shot that i can remember seeing!

Matt:

Excellent. That car looks hott!! Love the Carrera Sports.

Shweeet!!!

Great looking car. I also love the pics of the mountains in the back.

Thanks very much guys, will post some more if the weather permits.

However, that's probably not going to happen anytime soon. It almost looks like on Gnils pics now as we had quite a bit of new snow this afternoon.

Quote:
    @Porsche-Jeck:
    But why would you not get winter tyres?

I have a VW Golf V6 4-motion for winter time driving. Quite reliable and perfect for muddy/salty weather.

Quote:
    @Fanch:
    Only comment is that the car seems rather high!?!
    It could because of the angle you took the picture from, you seemed to be very low.

You're right, I was kneeling down for these pics.

Quote:
    @BjoernB:
    Great Pics - makes me miss home.(Rpswil) Enjoy driving it up to Flums

Just passed your hometown an hour ago! It was snowy there too.

Quote:
    @Tom:
    Am I right to say that you are from Basel Land (seems your plate shows BL)?

Nope, just about the "opposite" of Basel on the east side, but still not that far from your Autobahns.

Quote:
    @SVNSVN:
    I hope to be driving my new baby in your part of the world next year!

Let me know before you're visting. Would be nice to meet some fellow rennlister, even if it's just for a

Just one more - a comparison old meets new (can't wait to do some real "generation pics" next spring).

That's it. Your wonderful pictures have inspired me to get my stuff and walk out of this office and go for a drive. Don't care what kind of example I'm setting nor what kind of lame excuse I use!

Congrats Beautiful

What wonderful pics. Your final shot brings back great memories.I had a 1988 Carrera Cab (US Specs) Guards Red & Black with the front and rear spoiler! Car had the tonneeau cover with those snaps, and the raised hub. I really enjoyed that car.

Fantastic car Matt, just like mine..nearly,you are missing some hips and where is the snow???? Skiing season has started!!!
    Great photos....congratulations!!!!! It looks like you are in Schwytz? Right?
    I hope we meet on a pass sometimes this spring...

She's a beaut for sure, but, like a few others, I also think the ride height seems a bit high, especially at the back. I hadn't noticed this on other PASM equipped 997S's.

Is it just the photo angles?

WOW! Great pics... & car!

Take requests? A pic from semi-low rear off-center left w/ mtns. in background.

Congrats!
    When i saw the wheels in Frankfurt i didn't particulary liked them; (on a dark car)
    Seeing them on your seal car..... greaaaaat!!!

Nice......

cool pics and great car! congratulations!!!

Super ------ but garage it for 2-3 months!? Get some winter Contis, and on the nice crisp nights, or days, when the snow is clear of the roads, or is packed snow, drive the beauty. The 997 was designed and tested for winter surfaces. Please!-----

KiwiCanuck

Matt C and Gnil, two beautiful cars in a beautiful land!

Awesome combo, Matt! I'm sure you'll find some opportunities to enjoy your babies before spring time!

Yeah, thanks- that would be great! I'll send you a PM after I order my car next month and get my itinerary set.

Enjoy.

absolutely gorgeous. I think you may have just convinced me to get seal, although i may go for the cocoa interior. the rims look great painted in seal. beautiful

Matt, like you I wanted to order 20mm w/LSD, it's a free option in Melbourne, but having driven one from Porschecentre, i'm glad I went with PASM. Way too stiff for me. Great handling though. Great pics.

Initially I was not sure about those wheels, but man they do look very nice. Congratulations on a beautiful car.

Matt,

Congratulations ! You car is absolutely beautiful and I really love the Carrera Sport wheels. The only thing I would advise if I may is to remove the Amag sticker on the back of your car...

One question from the French speaking guy I am : is seal gray what is called gris kerguelen in French ?

Thank Nico. I am really glad that I ordered the Carrera Sport wheel. You cannot imagine how nerve-wracking this decision was as I hadn't seen them in reality when I ordered them.

You are correct: "Gris Kerguelen métallisé" is indeed seal gray. I checked it on the french car configurator. What an ugly sounding name for such a beautiful color.

BTW - good advise about the sticker. Will remove it in spring. The car is currently sleeping with its pyjama on (car cover that is, which was a nice gift from my dealer), waiting for better weather.

Awesome ride Matt..

Enjoy in good health..

throt...

I officially regret my lobster-forks, danm those wheels are smooth on seal, as good as or better than any of the aftermarkets IMO, even with the lift kit
    Congrats Matt, hope spring comes quickly for you

Congratulations! Matt The car looks awesome. The wheels look superb too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you a photographer? The Pictures looked like it should be on a magazine

Nice car Matt! Will you take her to another Porsche training? And how do you like the adaptive sports seats so far?

being a waiter, I have a fairly substantial collection of photos from the internet to get me by until my car arrives. Great looking combination and definitely the best composed photos I have downloaded (I do pro aerial photography). In fact, your photo is my desktop background. Great looking car and photos!

Wow, really great machine!!! I wish my car will come with the great view of the mountains...what was the cost of that Porsche option?

Thanks again, guys. Will take/post some more in spring. The car's been under a cover for weeks now (as we're not having a Dubai winter over here).

Quote:
    Ente said:
    Nice car Matt! Will you take her to another Porsche training? And how do you like the adaptive sports seats so far?

Not to a Porsche training but I am scheduled to attend the 3-day-training of the Scuderia Hanseat on the Nurburgring Nordschleife in May.
    As regards the adaptive sport seats, can't say much yet as I was not able to put more that 300km on it (Snow came two days after picking the car up ).

Quote:
    flap said:
    Great looking combination and definitely the best composed photos I have downloaded (I do pro aerial photography). In fact, your photo is my desktop background. Great looking car and photos!

Thanks flap. Let me know if you want the large high-res pics.

Quote:
    stork said:
    Wow, really great machine!!! I wish my car will come with the great view of the mountains...what was the cost of that Porsche option?

That can't be a Porsche option. Cause if it was, I wouldn't be able to afford it.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688126 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408523 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255466 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234688 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65316 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4632 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857424 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773096 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM