Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Took my CGT.. Advises plz?

i just took delivery of my white carrera GT any advise..i didnt drive the car yet because i dont have the owners manual yet...i off loaded it witout starting it.. After hearing the terrible stories any advise on how to launch the car??

Secondly the motor oil switch in the engine.. how do i know if it is on or off?

Thanx in Advance..

Re: Took my CGT.. Advises plz?

Congratulations.
    Ive seen a white one in abudhabi before, very nice. what interior did u pick?

Regarding the manual, ask HA he has a a red Carrera GT and is in dubai. maybe he can loan it to you.

Congratulations on your new car. You can download the owners manual for the Carrera GT from www.renntech.org (You have to register first)

I think they fixed the clutch issue...it was only on the first few cars that the clutch was a problem...plus I don't think its that hard to get used too...

Quote:
    alsahher said:
    i just took delivery of my white carrera GT any advise..i didnt drive the car yet because i dont have the owners manual yet...i off loaded it witout starting it.. After hearing the terrible stories any advise on how to launch the car??

Secondly the motor oil switch in the engine.. how do i know if it is on or off?

Thanx in Advance..

I have read....you release the clutch with no additional throttle applied.

First congratulations alsahher on your new car and welcome to rennteam.

Think of the clutch as an on/off switch.. Its not a big deal and you'll get the hang of it in 15 min. Don't pay much attention to those "horrible" stories from people who can't drive manual in the first place.

The owners manual should come with the car if you purchased it through the official Porsche dealer. However, if you are in Dubai I can loan you mine. Just drop me a PM with your contact details and I'll be glad to help.

Finally, I'm not too sure of a motor oil switch in the engine. Unless you're talking about the oil filler cap which looks a bit different than your normal cap.

advice? POST PICS!!!

Quote:
    ztnedman1 said:
    advice? POST PICS!!!

What he said!!

Congratulations on your purchase!

The clutch is not an issue at all. You just have to feel the car out, that's the key. I launch the CGT now with about 1,200 - 1,500 rpm. No issues at all. You can add gas like me to help the take off, or no gas at all. Up to you. I don't think there's an engine motor oil switch, unless like Ha said, you're referring to the motor oil cap, right in the middle of the carbon fibre brace. Enjoy the car in good health! Post pictures!

Cheers,
    -Nick

The clutch is only an issue in two regards:
    1st. the engine has so little momentum that it instantly stalls and
    2nd. the ceramic material in the clutch, which gives it its strength and rigidity, doesn't transfer heat as well as metal. Therefore you shouldn't use too much gas when launching the car - the organic materials would get glased.

Apart from that, I'd say the handling is more challenging than anything else! Enjoy the car and drive safely!

Here are some pics before delivery..

congrats alsahher. The CGt looking good in white
    and like everybody said its abt the feel when using the clutch. Just try getting use to the car in the back roads. U wouldnt want to stall the car in the middle of the traffic

Great color combination. I always liked Porsche white and the interior looks terrific against the white. Enjoy the beast.

Oh man, that's is a FINE car!!! Congrats!

alsahher,

Thanks a lot for sharing! Looks awesome- congratulations and enjoy!

Great looking car!!! Never seen it in white and it look unbelivaible, congrats!!!

Congrats. Alsahher!

White with the sand interior looks classy. Tell us how you think the clutch feels after a few drives. You're tempting me. There is one at my local dealer. . . .

Al,

If you can, then you must!!!

I saw a CGT in person for the 1st time last month...

White really looks good and special on CGT!

just slammin' ~~ love the white ~~ use it in good health!

thanx guys for your comments... after driving it for couple of days.. i have found that its an amazing car and easy to drive within your limnits..

very nice car Congrats Alsahher wish you all the joy driving and owning it

wow... beautiful combination!! congrats.

White is spectacular !!! It is my favorite, for sure; and I've seen all of the colors. Best of luck. You'll get used to the clutch, don't worry. Enjoy !
    Revvv

Thanx alot Guys for replying and giving advices.. The car is easy to drive after getting used to it.. and had the chance to try it on the track for the first time with Porsche club UAe and it was a blast.. Nice meeting you (Ha) there it was a nice event..

Quote:
    alsahher said:
    Thanx alot Guys for replying and giving advices.. The car is easy to drive after getting used to it.. and had the chance to try it on the track for the first time with Porsche club UAe and it was a blast.. Nice meeting you (Ha) there it was a nice event..

lucky guy!
    beautiful car!

i want one soooo baaaad!

Quote:
    alsahher said:

That's what Rennteam is about! Sharing your joy with us and meeting other members like Ha!
    Great stuff guys!
    So how was the CGT on the trakc BTW!
    Please tell me everything!!!
    This car is my goal, my grail!
    Is it hard to drive at the limit? Is it snappy?
    Does the Traction Control help? Do you feel a big difference when it's switched off?
    Thanks.

Quote:
    alsahher said:

The pleasure was mine Mo!

The car has so much grip on track and its bit tricky to handle with all that power...i have never driven it to its maximum limit.. although i did to my own limits.. i was with an instructor who was invited to train me more on track and on the road.. the instructor was Sven Herberger from http://www.the-instructors.de/ who really helped me with his experience to learn alot about the car..
    About the traction its very useful and i have never and even wont try to turn the traction off because the car is so powerful and its beyond my limits..

can you please post more pics???

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    691246 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410292 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256310 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235446 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65772 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4747 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858929 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775261 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM