Crown

Board: Motor Sports Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Rosberg finished his career

Spot on wink F1 just lost a classy guy among them kiss

--

1986 BMW 325i Cabrio Alpine Weiss/Black Leather - German Spec 
    2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS 500 Black/Black Leather 

Ex: ''91 BMW 535i, '91 BMW 318i, '89 BMW 525i, '74 Mercedes-Benz 280E, '87 BMW 325is, '86 BMW 325e, '05 Ford Focus ZX4 S, '85.5 Porsche 944

No lost love from Hamilton, don't think he is taking it too well  

Hamilton: "This is the first time he's won [a title] in 18 years, hence why it was not a surprise that he decided to stop."
    http://www.crash.net/f1/news/235511/1/hamilton-it-doesnt-matter-who-replaces-rosberg.html#QtHbIXsu5e6kqVG4.99

.. but seriously if a mediocre driver like Rosberg beat him this year for the title, then if either Vestappen, Ricciardo or Alonso get the open Mercedes seat next year he is screwed...
    --

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Alonso paired up with Hamilton again would be very interesting. 

Carlos from Spain:

No lost love from Hamilton, don't think he is taking it too well  

Hamilton: "This is the first time he's won [a title] in 18 years, hence why it was not a surprise that he decided to stop."
    http://www.crash.net/f1/news/235511/1/hamilton-it-doesnt-matter-who-replaces-rosberg.html#QtHbIXsu5e6kqVG4.99

.. but seriously if a mediocre driver like Rosberg beat him this year for the title, then if either Vestappen, Ricciardo or Alonso get the open Mercedes seat next year he is screwed...

If he was actually so much better, why be such a cry baby Smiley He needs to check himself and STFU Smiley

--

Ex: ''91 BMW 535i, '91 BMW 318i, '89 BMW 525i, '74 Mercedes-Benz 280E, '87 BMW 325is, '86 BMW 325e, '05 Ford Focus ZX4 S, '85.5 Porsche 944

Gladstone:

Alonso paired up with Hamilton again would be very interesting. 

Would definitely get me watching F1 again just to see that train wreck 

--

Hamilton is awfully cocky. Put him in a McLaren and lets see him win LOL.

There is a hell of a lot more to winning than just being a good driver. Hamilton is just sour and he lost fair and square.

No one knows whether Hamilton actually lost fair and square this year. Just look at the engine problems he had vs what Rosberg had. Hamilton is inside Mercedes's F1 team, of course he would know more than us pundits. 

Put Rosberg in a 2nd tier Ferrari or Red Bull and he would not even be close to matching what Ricardo or Vettel or Versteppen did. 

Hamilton on the other proved that he can win races even with not a top tier car over the years. 

--

noone1:

Hamilton is awfully cocky. Put him in a McLaren and lets see him win LOL.

McLaren? Put him in a Mercedes and lets see him win 

--

Smart move by Nico. No skiing!!  

I want Max in the other car. LH will quit the next year. 

Nico watched MS drive after his peak and saw it is best to walk away. After one championship it really does not matter since seven is out of touch. 

Enjoy your life Nico. Thanks for putting Lewis in his place just once. 

+1  New rookies also get a chance as another seat is opened, plus Nico gave the team maximum time to organize for next season. If Verstappen to Mercedes we will see how good Lewis really is broken heart 

--

Interesting to see the order the people who actually make the hire and fire decisions would want driving for their team after this year.

https://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127328/team-bosses-name-hamilton-2016-best-driver

thuggy:

Interesting to see the order the people who actually make the hire and fire decisions would want driving for their team after this year.

https://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127328/team-bosses-name-hamilton-2016-best-driver

Which means no single team boss think Nico is good enough. He was 2nd in championship points last year and ranked 3rd. This year even winning the championship is not enough to get him to 2nd. Quite clear to see Nico basically won the championship on the coat tail of the mighty Mercedes F1 car. 

Hamilton is clearly the most capable driver on the grid, Max has taken over the 2nd best from Vettel. 

--

Whoopsy:

No one knows whether Hamilton actually lost fair and square this year. Just look at the engine problems he had vs what Rosberg had. Hamilton is inside Mercedes's F1 team, of course he would know more than us pundits. 

Put Rosberg in a 2nd tier Ferrari or Red Bull and he would not even be close to matching what Ricardo or Vettel or Versteppen did. 

Hamilton on the other proved that he can win races even with not a top tier car over the years. 

They both had their share of poor starts and mistakes. They've had collisions, they've had stuff on their cars break. They've both finished 1-2, 2-1 at times. It is what it is.

Nick doesn't like Nico, let's just call it how it is smiley

--

I don't know, let's count.

Lewis had a gearbox change in the Chinese GP.

Water pressure problem for Lewis in the Russian GP.

Engine replacement penalty for Lewis in the Belgian GP

Spectacular engine explosion in Malaysian GP for Lewis.

How many mechanical problem did Rosberg had this year again?

None.

--

Whoopsy:

I would not praise him too much - objectively he failed this year. Only facts matter in the end, the further away from today the more people will focus on facts (titles and other statistics). Hamilton won 2 titles so far - and now has a maximum 4-5 years until retirement. It seems unlikely to me he will take a special position in the history of F1 Smiley 

It is interesting to see how people didn't seem to like Rosberg. yes

Guys, we are talking F1 here. You cannot win the championship if you are a mediocre driver, no matter how good the car is.

I get the Impression that many of the negative comments about Rosberg are more based on sympathy than skills.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

He is not mediocre compared to the general population obviously but Rosberg has always been an average driver within the F1 grid, which is what mediocre means. That is why he is grabbing this title that fell on his lap and running away with it retiring after it.

Only reason he won this year is because his car's performance has such a gap over the rest of the grid that no amount of driver skill can close it, not by a long shot, and the rest of the cars are just like extras in a movie to fill the grid line and there are only two real actors in the movie, the two Mercedes.

Its understandable that everybody is bitter from this years championship.
    Hamilton fans are not happy because they think they driver should have won because he is clearly faster than Rosberg (true), however being faster is only part of the equation. Hamilton lacks the mental fortitude and maturity of the greats to perform flawlessly and consistently no matter the situation or the pressure and always make the right moves at the wheel. In the beginning it was attributed to his young age, but now its clear its a flaw of his, he is his own worst enemy.
    And Rosberg fans are not happy because he is not given any respect after wining the title, but they have to realize that without the Mercedes he would be just one of the bunch like he always was, and he really only beat Ham because let him win due to his inconsistency.
    Then there are the rest of the fans that cannot be happy when there are clearly other drivers that could have won the title but had no chance to show their skills because of the performance gap. A only two car championship is ridiculously boring and doesn't say much of the merit of who ever of the two wins it.

The story of F1 in most of the last 2 decades, just before Mercedes we all saw it happen with the RBR car who gave Vettel 4 titles making him look much better than he was until his teamate changed and got owned by Ricciardo on his first year in a RBR and now can barely beat Kimi in Ferrari, and will likely never win another title on his own merit.

--

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of Rosberg because I think he lacks the charisma previous world champions (Hamilton is not there either in my book) had but the difference between most F1 drivers is often marginal at best and in the end, it comes down to car quality/reliability, strategy and maybe that last bit of mental strength and stamina.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

RC:

Guys, we are talking F1 here. You cannot win the championship if you are a mediocre driver, no matter how good the car is.

I get the Impression that many of the negative comments about Rosberg are more based on sympathy than skills.

Exactly, the times Rosberg beat Lewis is almost 50:50. Who' to say that Lewis would have won every GP that he had some mechanical failures?? Nick, why don't you list the mistakes that Lewis made that caused him to lose against him? At this level, these guys are both so far more superior than any of us, it's just down who you like as a person. A drama queen cry baby, or classy gentlemen with composure Smiley 

--

Human make mistakes, both drivers do, those can be counted as a wash.

Mechanical problems are different, it is very much out of a driver's hand. 

Can you not be objective and see the difference?

Had the engine held for Lewis in Malaysia, Nico wouldn't have won the championship. Lewis over came the other mechanical set backs, Nico won those races fair and Lewis made the most out of those too. clawing back to a podium finish even after starting last.

--

Atzporsche:
    RC:

Exactly, the times Rosberg beat Lewis is almost 50:50. Who' to say that Lewis would have won every GP that he had some mechanical failures?? Nick, why don't you list the mistakes that Lewis made that caused him to lose against him? At this level, these guys are both so far more superior than any of us, it's just down who you like as a person. A drama queen cry baby, or classy gentlemen with composure Smiley 

+100

Whoopsy:

Had the engine held for Lewis in Malaysia, Nico wouldn't have won the championship. Lewis over came the other mechanical set backs, Nico won those races fair and Lewis made the most out of those too. clawing back to a podium finish even after starting last.

Maybe Nico is better at managing his car. Seems like quite a fluke that Lewis' car kept blowing up while Nico's didn't. Smiley

When you actually look at the statistics on the 2016 season it was close but Hamilton beat Rosberg in just about every category... unfortunately he also led inmore technical failures which ended up being the difference.  But again, that is part of racing.  Hamilton is empirically faster than Nico, but the fastest driver doesn't always win, also part of racing.  Congrats to Nico, he had to perform to be in a position to win when Hamilton faltered which is no easy feat, but I have to believe deep down he knows the stars aligning two seasons in a row is unlikely and he would rather go out on top now than face losing to Lewis again and would rather spend time with his family.

http://grandprixrankings.com/compare/2016-f1/hamilton-versus-rosberg/

RC:

Don't get me wrong: my post was about Hamilton not Rosberg Smiley

JoeRockhead:
    Whoopsy:

Maybe Nico is better at managing his car. Seems like quite a fluke that Lewis' car kept blowing up while Nico's didn't. Smiley

Possibly. Nico doesn't push the car as hard as Lewis, just witness the sheer speed difference between the 2 of them.

Nico can out drive anyone of us in here 1 handed. But doesn't mean he might be at the same skill level as Lewis. 

A wet race is the greatest equalizer in F1, the car is mostly taken out of the equation and it's just about car control skills. Nico was going so slow in the wet in Monaco that he was told to let the much faster Lewis pass. That should tell people something. Among all the wet races Nico always finished behind Lewis.

In Brazil, I do not think Nico can save the car like Max did. Hell I don't even think Lewis can either.

Give Max a go at the current Mercedes and I am sure he will be world champion. 

--

MKSGR:
    RC:

Don't get me wrong: my post was about Hamilton not Rosberg Smiley

I know, sorry...my words were meant for others. Smiley

--

Lets be honest, hamilton and rosberg where driving in their only F1 championship!!! the other were driving F2 cars!!!!

Rosberg did well, ok Ham did get more mechanical issues, but also worse starts...so don't think that nico is so bad, he kept the fight always open, hamilton and rosberg in the Mclaren??? probably the same as Alonso and Button....

The car matters very much 2016, lets se 2017, would love to see VES o ALO in mercedes

--

993 c2

Look at the history of F1, the World Champion is typically always in the best car on the grid for that year.......

..looks like that Alonso could be the next mercedes driver...that would be sooooooooo nice for the F1..

go Alonso...

--

993 c2

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688228 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408581 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255484 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234704 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65333 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4632 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857460 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773172 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM