Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

The lustful hips of the 997S

Have you seen a prettier butt

Re: The lustful hips of the 997S

This one's farrrrrr more intoxicating. Especially when you get passed by one and your windows are open.

Nah... the 997 wins... Butts are supposed to be rounded.... that's what makes them (and other "lady lumps") so attractive....

What color is that 997S? It's quite nice.

\the 997 C4S has a nicer ass... sorry./

Your P looked a little jealous so i thought i'd help him out:

Quote:
    vtach88 said:
    Nah... the 997 wins... Butts are supposed to be rounded.... that's what makes them (and other "lady lumps") so attractive....

Yeah, I guess; P's rear is definitely a benchmark. Maybe I'm too used to mine. When you see the TR rear in person it's really impressive (photos don't show it well).

Quote:
    vtach88 said:

Guys TR's are old news and kind of ugly in person. The 512 looks better than the old TR. But they are all out dated looking. I do admit 512TR does sound gr8 and it's a fast car while the old TR while fast for the era, now days can be beaten by most anything out there.

The 997S is seal gray with dark gary int. Thanks for the compliments gents.

Very nice derriere shot. Nevertheless that is the BUTT, not the hip. THIS is the hip.

Quote:
    edz61 said:
    The 997S is seal gray with dark gary int. Thanks for the compliments gents.

Another hip shot.

Greatest butt I've seen since my college days! TR looks like the back of a 60's Americam Motors product. Now that's BUTT UGLY!

lol you guys are awesome. I thought I was the only one who's crazy about the "hips" and "ass" of the 911.

as for the TR, it's been my dream car since it's introduction. Recently I saw it at a few meets here too. However, as time would do to many vehicles, I think it's dated and have switched my dream car to the carrera GT since then.

I would agree with you Kevin. It's days in the sun are over. The GT is, in my opinion, the best looking car on the planet.

Yesterday as I was stopping behind a Porsche it took me awahile to determine whether it was a 996 or 997. Only when I was close enough to read it was a S with the phony dual exhaust I determined it was a 997.

More importantly, we both were on the on ramp to enter I-5 a major highway. Knowing he would accelerate on to the highway, I turned down my radio and lower my window to hear the exhaust as he accelerated. What a disappointment! I hardly heard anything! My Mini has more of a performance exhaust sound.

Quote:
    edz61 said:
    Guys TR's are old news and kind of ugly in person. The 512 looks better than the old TR. But they are all out dated looking. I do admit 512TR does sound gr8 and it's a fast car while the old TR while fast for the era, now days can be beaten by most anything out there.

OK OK OK!! I'm wrong (again)!! Y'all are right. It's gotta be the anthropomorphic qualities that you guys are grabbing onto. I like the 512TR because it is so outrageous: wide and low and in-your-face. Outrageous but not assinine; sophisticated overstated but not comic-book. To me it's impossible to have a dated look with Ferrari. They are truely timeless designs.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    I turned down my radio and lower my window to hear the exhaust as he accelerated. What a disappointment! I hardly heard anything! My Mini has more of a performance exhaust sound.

They can make them sound anyway they want. So how do you get your sound out of your car? Sound has nothing to do with intrinsic properties of the rest of the car; it's arbitrary, "phoney" on ALL cars. So why make a big deal about it? It indicates what exactly? It indicates what the marketing types told the engineers to do. So what's your point? The sound is further evidence to prove Porsche is a POS? Perhaps you are merely saying Porsche sound-engineering doesn't suit your taste as much as the Mini does?

Quote:
    MMD said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    I turned down my radio and lower my window to hear the exhaust as he accelerated. What a disappointment! I hardly heard anything! My Mini has more of a performance exhaust sound.

They can make them sound anyway they want. So how do you get your sound out of your car? Sound has nothing to do with intrinsic properties of the rest of the car; it's arbitrary, "phoney" on ALL cars. So why make a big deal about it? It indicates what exactly? It indicates what the marketing types told the engineers to do. So what's your point? The sound is further evidence to prove Porsche is a POS? Perhaps you are merely saying Porsche sound-engineering doesn't suit your taste as much as the Mini does?

If you own a Ferrari and ask me what is my point regarding the lack of performance sound then anything I write will go above your head. However here is a hint.

A critical part of the driving experience is listening. Why do you think Porsche offers a PSE option? If my eyes were closed and I heard the exhaust of the 997 I would bet it was a VW.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Yesterday as I was stopping behind a Porsche it took me awahile to determine whether it was a 996 or 997. Only when I was close enough to read it was a S with the phony dual exhaust I determined it was a 997.

More importantly, we both were on the on ramp to enter I-5 a major highway. Knowing he would accelerate on to the highway, I turned down my radio and lower my window to hear the exhaust as he accelerated. What a disappointment! I hardly heard anything! My Mini has more of a performance exhaust sound.

Well Nick, if there is anyone out here in rennteamland who really thinks that your Mini really has more performance than the 997S, then at least THEY will think that they have understood the point of your post.
    The rest of us will be left wondering what your point was, if we bother to think about it at all.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    A critical part of the driving experience is listening. Why do you think Porsche offers a PSE option? If my eyes were closed and I heard the exhaust of the 997 I would bet it was a VW.

When he closes his eyes and listens to his stereo, Nick also gets Beethoven and Jessica Simpson mixed up.

Quote:
    nberry said:

So you're saying the engineered sound of Ferrari sounds better than the engineered sound of Porsche? Both of which are highly engineered to different cosmetic sound styles? If so I guess it's a matter of different taste in deciding the sound of engines, like there's different taste in music?

Not trying to be obnoxious, I just think it's gotten absurd. My POV is if the sound can be anything, why not digitalize it and produce it inside the cabin and have a selection of different sounds (in synch with what the engine is actually doing) of the engine-style you want to hear?

My own selfish desire is that the engine make as little sound as possible because when I'm passing another car I don't want to pi**them off and have them call the cops on me for sounding like I'm doing 150mph insted of 90.

I don't know how this "hip" discussion becomes a P vs. F OK Corral.

Nevertheless, since we are "in" one already , shouldn't the bottom line be the performance around the track, not sound of the exhaust?

I would be interested to find out what the 'ring times are say, for Ferrari Spyder vs Porsche 997 TT.

P.S. Personally I think Ferrari's ARE beautiful. Top notched Italian designers, cost no object, how could they not be?

Quote:
    MMD said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

So you're saying the engineered sound of Ferrari sounds better than the engineered sound of Porsche? Both of which are highly engineered to different cosmetic sound styles? If so I guess it's a matter of different taste in deciding the sound of engines, like there's different taste in music?

Not trying to be obnoxious, I just think it's gotten absurd. My POV is if the sound can be anything, why not digitalize it and produce it inside the cabin and have a selection of different sounds (in synch with what the engine is actually doing) of the engine-style you want to hear?

My own selfish desire is that the engine make as little sound as possible because when I'm passing another car I don't want to pi**them off and have them call the cops on me for sounding like I'm doing 150mph insted of 90.

Quote:
    cannga said:
    I don't know how this "hip" discussion becomes a P vs. F OK Corral.

I do - and its the same reason every time. Someone seems to have little better to do than surf Porsche forums and trash Porsche with posts that have little or nothing to do with the thread and have little to nothing informative or constructive to offer - like a little child - and it's reached the point where most users just ignore the posts because they are a meaningless and monotonous diatribe that no longer carry any weight. But not this time . . . somebody bit.

Yes I have seen a prettier butt!!

Or if you prefer a darker color!!

lol... I agree with red911! I'll take the darker one please

Quote:
    red911 said:
    Yes I have seen a prettier butt!!

Thanks for nailing it. As your fine examples illustrate nothing (not even a P-car) compares, not even dimly, to the real thing.

Hey! I have an idea, lets objectify women a little more!

Grow Up! Geez.

oh c'mon Matt...

i like big butts and i cannot lie... other brothers cant deny....

just playin...

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/3/24 3:40 PM
    watt
    802466 1803
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448319 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    265877 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    89882 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6356 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885245 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    831707 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM