Crown

Board: Motor Sports Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

2016 Abu Dhabi F1 Grand Prix at Yas Island

Yas Marina next

--

997.1 C2S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

Re: 2016 Abu Dhabi F1 Grand Prix at Yas Island

Should be interesting.

Will be exciting race and championship is still up for grabs

--

1986 BMW 325i Cabrio Alpine Weiss/Black Leather - German Spec 
    2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS 500 Black/Black Leather 

Ex: ''91 BMW 535i, '91 BMW 318i, '89 BMW 525i, '74 Mercedes-Benz 280E, '87 BMW 325is, '86 BMW 325e, '05 Ford Focus ZX4 S, '85.5 Porsche 944

NR looks under pressure after the race. RBR and the Ferraris look as though they can push him for a podium..

Vett must surely have the hump and with Mad Max just behind him it may just be that they have a coming together. If they do it could give NR some ground and relaxation. However, DR and KR look quick....DR looks good for a podium..

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

It was interesting to see that NR has no real support from the crowd- it is a pity that the man with the overall best performance will most likely win the title, but the majority will cheer for LH. Ferrari and Redbull, however, should be fun to watch with everybody looking forward to the next VET/ VES battle...

NR has no spark + never showed talent under difficult situations , but to keep a pace. He is good , but not more. He wins because he has the best car , that s all. LH has personality , even if controversial . He has shown talent under difficult situations.  

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

He's also shown some big mistakes this season, without which he would have it in the bag right now.. 

It will be a close race, but as you say, the Benz is still best so another 1-2 finish is most likely. Verstappen I hoped would be further up the starting grid to make things, let's say interesting. 

--

Ex: ''91 BMW 535i, '91 BMW 318i, '89 BMW 525i, '74 Mercedes-Benz 280E, '87 BMW 325is, '86 BMW 325e, '05 Ford Focus ZX4 S, '85.5 Porsche 944

@Gnil

+1

IF NR becomes WC 2016 that would be really ridicoulous!

He's only in the lead because of the engine failure of LH @Malaysia GP, if LH would have won that race - as he was in the lead big time - he'd be 15pts ahead of NR

If my aunt had had balls, she would be my uncle...

Do agree with you though, would hate to see such a non-warrior loke pilot become WC

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

@ Joost  kiss

It is what it is, Lewis also made mistakes and so did Nico. Let's hope for a clean race with lots of action wink

--

Take away the mercedes and the f1 its fun again

--

993 c2

I still think it's fun, Mercedes came and killed competition! It is stunned to examine just how big of a deal their breakthroughs are to advancing engine efficiency from 30% where science was stuck for decades and decades

http://www.bbc.com/storyworks/sport/specials/future-first/quiet-revolution.html

--

I think F1 this year was more fun than last year - we had a Russian kid trying to storm through the ranks in the begining, replaced by the potential future champion from Holland, it was entertaing (for me) to follow ALO expressing his opinion about his car several times in the races and, last but not least, Ferrari being beaten up by the media in Italy. Therefore, I will enjoy tomorrows race and will be hoping for NR to enter the chronicles as Champion 2016...I do hope though that there will not be any technical  failures on neither side.... As the British have it, "to finish first, you need to finish first ". Hala Abu Dhabi.

Best thing NR can do for himself and for us tomorrow: take himself and his teammate out in the first turn. This way he wins and we get to watch a more interesting race. Done.

F1 comes in phases. No one complained when Red Bull was running the table. Why should anyone complaint now with Mercedes? It's so unfair.

Nico hasn't has an engine failure so far, Lewis has plenty. Had the engines hold up for Lewis, he would have been crowned World Champion a long time ago.

If god is watching, Nico is going have a engine problem tomorrow. He doesn't deserve to be a word champion period.

--

+ 1

--

Lewis' slow drive performance today while trying to back Nico into trouble, made Nico's championship win entirely acceptable.

NICO!!!! You've done it, great job. World Champion wink 

First emotions from me, I am a bit disappointed with Lewis, a bit of a sore loser in post-interviews. I know he's gutted, feels by far the better driver, yes it was due to reliability, but he also made mistakes. In the end he seems a bit too gutted seeing that he saw this coming and didn't lose the race in the last few laps. Nico showed he's a true champion and class act, he stayed cool in the final laps when the slowing was pretty extreme. Team orders were ignored again completely, but I understand also where Lewis was coming from in the driver's seat.. however, Nico showed true class by keeping cool and not losing it on the radio.. he just said I am way faster broken heart 

--

Team orders in the end only means one thing. The deck was stacked against him and the team had wanted Nico to win the championship in the first place.

Could this be the reason why he had numerous engine failures this season? The team had decided to award the championship to Nico this year to smooth his feelings after last year. 

There was no harm done to Nico's championship even if both Mercedes crashed out, Nico would still win. It was pointless to issue the team order. Only reason was to not have Lewis win the championship again this year.

--

Whoopsy:

F1 comes in phases. No one complained when Red Bull was running the table. Why should anyone complaint now with Mercedes? It's so unfair.

Nico hasn't has an engine failure so far, Lewis has plenty. Had the engines hold up for Lewis, he would have been crowned World Champion a long time ago.

If god is watching, Nico is going have a engine problem tomorrow. He doesn't deserve to be a word champion period.

I absolutely agree, the last couple of seasons Mercedes just did a better job in development than the rest. Same with Red Bull a couple years ago. Same with McLaren oder Ferrari before that. So, nothing wrong here. I agree it would be more entertaining if the pack would be more mixed up once in a while but you cannot fault Mercedes for that.

I couldn´t care less who would be world champion this year since I anyhow lost interest in F1 a while ago. LH might be the all-out faster driver but NR was making up with effort and engineering work with that which made him a similarly fast driver over the entire season. I still am wondering why it is mostly LH who had failures on his car, I do seem to recall that it was similar at McLaren when he drove with Button as his teammate? 

Anyways, NR scored enough points over the season, and that mathematically makes him the world champion. Not all drivers in F1 would´ve been able to do that against LH.

Whoopsy:

Team orders in the end only means one thing. The deck was stacked against him and the team had wanted Nico to win the championship in the first place.

Could this be the reason why he had numerous engine failures this season? The team had decided to award the championship to Nico this year to smooth his feelings after last year. 

There was no harm done to Nico's championship even if both Mercedes crashed out, Nico would still win. It was pointless to issue the team order. Only reason was to not have Lewis win the championship again this year.

Nick that's garbage I'm sorry. Mercedes has a team effort. Order was given to speed up, he slowed down a lot and speculated on Nico getting passed by both... he risked a possible 3 and 4th place for Mercedes, would you as a team manager want that? No, of course not. It's very simple. Again, I understand Lewis, but he will be in trouble for ignoring team orders. If you look closely, they've both had the same reliability over the 3 years.. sorry, none of your agrument holds whatsoever, unless of course you're a total Lewis fanboy Smiley

--

Before the crying begins on here, I can feel it coming.. smiley

Nico is deserved champion. period. wink

--

Actually Aaron, take off your Nico glasses and step back and look.

Just this year alone, Lewis is the only one with engine problems.

And Mercedes already had the constructor championship in the bag, and also the driver's championship, as the only 2 drivers that can win are Mercedes drivers. IF they are really impartial, then the team order was pointless. The fight for the title came down to the last race, the drivers are racers so ignoring a pointless order is just fact of life for racers. 

Nico is world champion, and the season is done. He has more consistent finishes and hence wining the title. 

And we looked forward to next year.

--

Atzporsche:
    Whoopsy:

Nick that's garbage I'm sorry. Mercedes has a team effort. Order was given to speed up, he slowed down a lot and speculated on Nico getting passed by both... he risked a possible 3 and 4th place for Mercedes, would you as a team manager want that? No, of course not. It's very simple. Again, I understand Lewis, but he will be in trouble for ignoring team orders. If you look closely, they've both had the same reliability over the 3 years.. sorry, none of your agrument holds whatsoever, unless of course you're a total Lewis fanboy

Atzporsche or whatever you call yourself, your post is pure absolute double garbage !! These are 2 experienced drivers and for the sake of fans who have paid a tonne to watch them expect them to race and not rely on team orders to win a race.

If NR is really a full out and out racing driver, he shouldn't rely on team orders, team orders is for wimps!!!!!

Whoopsy:

Hmmm.... Looks like God was bored with F1, and chose not to watch.

Both Mercedes drivers disappointed. Hamilton for his slowing down antics, and for his standard crybaby behavior (e.g., his "I'm in the process of losing the title" radio response); and Rosberg for not attempting to pass him and for relying on team orders instead; such a champion. And we as fans were forced to witness the un-sporstman like behavior of these two in the waiting area; pathetic. The problem is not that Mercedes has bee so dominant; as some have said, RBR used to be in that position in the past, and Ferrari too if you go further back in time. Rather, the problem is that neither of their drivers is likable. 

Good thing Vettel brought some excitement back towards the end. 

Italo:
    Atzporsche:
    Whoopsy:

Nick that's garbage I'm sorry. Mercedes has a team effort. Order was given to speed up, he slowed down a lot and speculated on Nico getting passed by both... he risked a possible 3 and 4th place for Mercedes, would you as a team manager want that? No, of course not. It's very simple. Again, I understand Lewis, but he will be in trouble for ignoring team orders. If you look closely, they've both had the same reliability over the 3 years.. sorry, none of your agrument holds whatsoever, unless of course you're a total Lewis fanboy

Atzporsche or whatever you call yourself, your post is pure absolute double garbage !! These are 2 experienced drivers and for the sake of fans who have paid a tonne to watch them expect them to race and not rely on team orders to win a race.

If NR is really a full out and out racing driver, he shouldn't rely on team orders, team orders is for wimps!!!!!

Did he rely on team order? Imagine the silly and immature things Lewis would have said on team radio if the roles were reversed Smiley

--

If the team order had been for Lewis to let Nico pass, that I could see causing concerns; but when the team order to a racing driver is to go faster, with that I have no issue.

Gnil:

NR has no spark + never showed talent under difficult situations , but to keep a pace. He is good , but not more. He wins because he has the best car , that s all. LH has personality , even if controversial . He has shown talent under difficult situations.  

niki lauda once said about LH: the most charismatic thing about him is ms huntzinger:::))))

I have no problems with Hamiltons tactics... it was the only way for him to win.  Just like Rosberg did what he needed to win running conservatively the last few races knowing all he needed was second places, each did what they had to do and all fair game in my mind.  Rosberg benefited from superior reliability and mistakes by Hamilton and other competitors, all part of racing.   Rosberg is WC and Hamilton will have to live with the moral victory more poles and race wins.  Can't wait till next season to see who benefits from the rule changes. 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    803200 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448562 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266121 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90056 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6588 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885699 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    833247 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM