Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Is Cocoa Full Leather real leather or leatherette?

Have ordered a 997S Atlas Grey, Cocoa full leather delivery estimated 1st week November. Can you guys confirm this is real leather not leatherette as some of the official Porsche documentation suggests?

If leatherette I will change colour to a real leather one.

Thanx.

P.S. Other options: Sport Chrono, Bose, auto dimming mirrors, sport seats, tire pressure monitoring, multi function steering wheel (I know), park assist (I know), phone module, fire extinguisher & those overpriced mats .

Re: Is Cocoa Full Leather real leather or leatherette?

Cocoa is real leather, just had a look yesterday at it.

I ordered black, because I didn't like the 'green' veins in cocoa. Reminded me of the movie Exorcist (when the priest gets possessed).

Nonetheless, if you haven't seen the movie, its a great colour.

All FULL leather interiors are real leather.

mcdelaug

Quote:
    Oxonian said:
    I ordered black, because I didn't like the 'green' veins in cocoa. Reminded me of the movie Exorcist (when the priest gets possessed).

ROFL!

Thankx Oxonian. But now I need to know some more details: if my car gets possessed will it go faster?

Once possessed, the car will jump out of the window, just like the movie!

Just kidding...I urge you to see cocoa before commiting, that's the only way you'll know for sure. I was 99% leaning towards cocoa over black, until I saw it and touched it. Immediately went for black (AT).

BTW, the colour is a special one, so you'll pay a premium for the same commodity. IMHO, another porsche extortion tactic.

Quote:
    Nonetheless, if you haven't seen the movie, its a great colour.

Oxonian is right. Take a look at cocoa in person first. The veins were really pretty creepy.

I have Cocoa on my car and I just love it. However, the colour is very special and you must be carefull about matching it with the body colour of the car. Mine is GT Silver and Cocoa a very classy combo IMHO . Good luck on your purchase.

Thkx. My exterior is Atlas Grey. Is that a colour that is likely to get possessed?

Mind you I think I already am, even if the only green going through my veins at the moment is from envy for those of you that are already enjoying your 997s'es...

I'm planning to go to the showroom to take one last look at this colour. But I really don't mind as long as is real leather (the first leather upholstered car I will have owned).

Other options are: PCM with phone, Sport seats (manual), Sport chrono plus (Duh), Tire pressure monitoring (Duh #2), Bose (for the passenger side electrical socket LOL), multifunction steering wheel (not purist - I know), rain sensor wipers/autodim mirrors ( I do live in the UK after all), park assist, fire extinguisher (for track days - hopefully never have to use), and the overpriced mats Only option I regret not getting is the -20 mm suspension and LSD - but there are a lot of road humps in Camden.

Trust you don't mind the duplication from first post - just hope someone from Porsche is reading the bit about the mats......

I've matched it up with Seal Grey. Fits well with black dials. Very classy, sophisticated look.

Quote:
    paulg1 said:
    I've matched it up with Seal Grey. Fits well with black dials. Very classy, sophisticated look.

Cocoa is fine with the silver dials as well, just make sure you've seen it in person before ordering. For me it was the other way round: headed towards seal grey/black, until I saw cocoa, which I liked very much from the beginning. As Paul said, a very classy and cozy look.

cocoa is indeed very special. i matched cocoa in my 997s with pure black. its great. i also ordered the lether package for the switch panel, Rooflining leather, Steering column casing leather (will be done later since its availalbe only at november) .
    all looks great. i can post pics if necessary.

Quote:
    xuxo said:
    cocoa is indeed very special. i matched cocoa in my 997s with pure black. its great. i also ordered the lether package for the switch panel, Rooflining leather, Steering column casing leather (will be done later since its availalbe only at november) .
    all looks great. i can post pics if necessary.

I'd like to see that combo if you can show the black and the cocoa in the same picture. Thanks.

Yes xuxo pics would be great - will also drop by my not-so local dealer this weekend to see if I can have a look in person.

Thanks for all your help on this on guys.

I also have GT Silver w/ Cocoa and really like the combo. Mine doesn't have that green veining like some others.

ok, i will post the pics on sunday (10/16), i'm still traveling...
    one more thing: i suggest in combination with cocoa to change the cockpit color from the standard light grey (on 997s) to black. it fits much more to cocoa.

Quote:
    xuxo said:
    one more thing: i suggest in combination with cocoa to change the cockpit color from the standard light grey (on 997s) to black. it fits much more to cocoa.

I thought with cocoa the standard colour for the cockpit is cocoa?

Quote:
    tlsmithx said:
    I also have GT Silver w/ Cocoa and really like the combo. Mine doesn't have that green veining like some others.

That's gorgeous! I also have cocoa and I've never noticed any green veins. They only veins I can see are brownish and are only noticeable when it's really hot and bright. As they say, to each his own. I love Cocoa!

Quote:
    xuxo said:

Please do! I can't wait to see the Black / Cocoa combo. It must look stunning!

Just been down to the dealer to look at it on a Boxster and...

...still like the colour. The veins that I saw are IMHO dark rather than green and, I guess, intended to make the leather more natural looking.

However it is indeed a very special colour and I fully understand why others might veer away from it when they see it in person. I just hope it goes well with Atlas Grey - should be OK as they are both dark colours.

Don't understand the references to black interior? Is this for non-full leather cars?

Thanx - looking forward to your pics xuxo !

SoS.

here we are guys. some lether options will be done next week. i removed from the configuration to get the car earlier.

once more... the car is not washed...sorry. but here you can see that this combo still has a contrast.

xuxo(s?) thankx for he photos - confirmed my choice - beautiful car!

Could you take some photos from the inside? Thankx again!

SoS.

(Less than a month now... my God I'm going bonkers ).

thanks. the best decission after selecting cocoa was the change of the cockpit color, back to black. this looks really nice at night.

i will post later more inside pics...

Hi Xuxos, by changing the cockpit colour to black, do you mean you changed the dials to black from white?

Thanx

SoS.

oh i'm sorry. yep i mean the instrument dials.
    since cocoa is kind of a dark color, the black dials looks great. as said: beside that it looks really great at night (better contrast).

Ah thanks. I think it's too late to change my order now. But I'm not too bothered - I'll post pics of my interior when I get it in a few weeks to compare.

Do you like the car overall? Where in Germany do you live? I lived in Munich for a year and regularly visit for both work and play.

SoS.

if you really want to change, its all possible. i did my last changes two weeks before the production date. as i said, to get car earlier i removed some lether options. currently i live nearby stuttgart.
    regarding your question: overall i like the car. i think the combo black/ cocoa is really great and very special, since its not a conventional combo. the finish is really high quality. i also love the PSE!
    a few issues regarding drone sound inside and little vibrations inside the cockpit. and my requested lether options are still not available (Steering column casing leather, Door finishers in leather)

will you go to zuffenhausen to get your car?

Hi Xuxos, probably won't go to Zuffenhausen - they wanted to charge me Pounds1000 pounds UK (Euros 1400+) which I thought was too expensive for me. It's a pity - if they let me pay the
    transport and accomodation I would happily pay Pounds300 or so.

Do they let you visit the factory on open days anyway? I plan to do most of my driving with the car in Europe and have friends who live near Stuttgart.
    My first long trip in mid-late November will be down to France on the South coast - I'll probably go back to the UK via Dijon and Stuttgart's not so far away, really.

I'll think about the black dials but also may keep them white. Hmmmmm.

Do you enjoy the experience of driving the car? Performance, handling etc etc?

Thankx.

indeed 1000 bp are too much. the experience itself isn't that worth (imho). anyway once you are here you should go into the factory. the offer that also on open days. thats really cool there.

during your trip through euro i asume you are going also to the race track in Dijon ? i never was there before, but i plan to do that next year since its really near to stuttgart. also you can visit the track l' anneau-du-rhin
    which is also on your way.

the car itself is very cool. i really like the driving. i think the 997 is the best 911 ever. but of course this is my opinion. a little more power would be nicer, but its still fun (355hp gets quickly very normal ) . maybe i will change to gt3 or 997tt later. anyway you will be happy . since that i have also the MY06, little nice changes were done. i.e. the belt alarm starts now only after 30 kph. mp3 works also and so on.
    dont forget to put winter tires ... november can be very cold here as you know.

edit: i forgott additional pics...i'll upload them tonight.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    777566 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441834 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262825 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261034 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85306 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5603 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880718 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    816129 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM