Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 996 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Any GT3RS owners??

Such a GORGEOUS car!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!

Sh$t!!!!!!!!!!

I sat in an exact example as the one in the pic!!!!!
    It had 1.060kms 123keuros!!!!

Go to 6speedonline forums, 997 thread and search for "el capitans exhaust", listening to both vids, espcially the one of the cold start, I say its exactly as the pse in our and all 997S pse cars!!!, that "flamé"touch is amazing!!!!!!

Keep us posted in your decision!!, I'll say take any of the two!!!!

I'll probably go for the blue RS, ohh btw may be this can push you to the final decision!!!, I am having delivery of an hyper blue Mini Cooper S, with the roof in white!!!, I know both cars are not the same, but colours yes!!!!!

Will post some pics in the end of next week, when I have delivery!!!! of the little baby...

I'm so happy!!!!!

The Cooper S is a amazing car... I LOVE IT. Seriously, its just so freakin coooool!
    I'll check 6speedonline out later and yes, I'll keep you guys posted on whats up with my choice.
    I'll post the pics (if I can get to my PC in time) tomorrow probably, on the Porsche forum.

BTW you're gonna enjoy your new baby

PS: Dont you just love being young and driving cool cars??lol. I'm also at university at the moment..

bc997j how about getting a second hand 200sx and having it modifield for drifting competition! i am thinking of getting that for my second car !!

I just love those modded jap cars!!!
    Drifting isnt really big over here but it is starting to get more popular...

I was thinking of getting a car like that but it's just not on the list right now (unfortunately)

I really liked htis car from 2fast 2furious...

another

and this Evo...

BC997J,

I think you should rather go for the C2S as your first P-car.

A jump from a golf 4 to a GT3 RS is quite a huge one, especially for a 21 year old!

Good luck with your decision!

WoW as the stig says , I didn't knew you were coming from a vw golf!!, that's even a big change if you where going to purchase a boxster!!

I am 20 years old (some days ago was my b-day), and even from my point of view, I also second what the stig says, its a very radical car!!

But, if the car was going to be use as second car, I'll go for the RS!!!! and not the 997S!!....

BTW, i'll have delivery of the hyper blue and white roof mini cooper S in the mid of next week, as very late in the end of next week!!!

I'll say go for the RS!!its my favourite car!!!!!!!! , but be carefull!!!!

Quote:
    Alex18_996CC said:
    ...I am 20 years old (some days ago was my b-day)

I already congratulated you on that!

Reg. the RS I'd say this is a very extreme decision to use it as a daily driver. Why?

1st. the car should become a collectors' item. Limited prod. number, even better than the std. GT3 and with some unique features. There are other cars that can be beaten in everyday use, the RS would simply be a waste in my opinion.

2nd. the Pirelli tires are NOT for driving in the wet - you have to at least get different ones for that circumstances. They might take away a bit of the impressive handling of the RS though.

3rd As Alex stated the bucket seats are very tricky to get out of and into. I am still in my 20ies as well and I wouldn't want to do this every day.
    Regarding the shell's fabric it is fireproof - this might excuse the poor tactile quality!

I have seen the RS at the Frankfurt autoshow two years ago and again at a local dealer a while ago. While the interior is rather disappointing due to weight savings the built quality, for example the CF parts on the exterior, is a joy to experience!

and gt3 rs don't have tracktion control!

but south africa don't have many extreme weather like europe or america, but look out when heavy rain.

Quote:
    The Stig said:
    BC997J,

A jump from a golf 4 to a GT3 RS is quite a huge one, especially for a 21 year old!

Thanx Stig but no worries. I've driven lots of fast cars already. From M3's/M5's to modified skylines to racing cars like sports 2000 and I've even drove a Wesbank V8 around killarney. My dads involved in motorsport so I'm quite privilaged to be able to spend alot of time around fast cars.
    Then again, I know that a 911 handles differently from all other car on the road, so I'll HAVE to take it easy.

BTW... Any pics of you car???

Quote:
    Alex18_996CC said:

But, if the car was going to be use as second car, I'll go for the RS!!!! and not the 997S!!....

BTW, i'll have delivery of the hyper blue and white roof mini cooper S in the mid of next week, as very late in the end of next week!!!

I'll say go for the RS!!its my favourite car!!!!!!!! , but be carefull!!!!

The Rs will be my primary transport, the (undecided) will only be for when the RS is useless, like in a rainstorm etc..

BTW pics pics pics of your mini Alex

Quote:
    Ferdie said:
    Quote:
    Alex18_996CC said:
    ...I am 20 years old (some days ago was my b-day)

2nd. the Pirelli tires are NOT for driving in the wet - you have to at least get different ones for that circumstances. They might take away a bit of the impressive handling of the RS though.

3rd As Alex stated the bucket seats are very tricky to get out of and into. I am still in my 20ies as well and I wouldn't want to do this every day.

1 - will use different tires for winter driving..Don't really mind the fact that it will take away some of the handeling 'cause i wont be pushing it in bad weather in any case..

2 - I dont really mind about the practicality THAT much though. Getting in and out of the car wont worry me that much... Its what happens when I'm in the car that matters most

BTW thanks everyone for the input.. I really appreciate it

Quote:
    BC997J said:
    Quote:
    The Stig said:
    BC997J,

Thanx Stig but no worries. I've driven lots of fast cars already. From M3's/M5's to modified skylines to racing cars like sports 2000 and I've even drove a Wesbank V8 around killarney. My dads involved in motorsport so I'm quite privilaged to be able to spend alot of time around fast cars.
    Then again, I know that a 911 handles differently from all other car on the road, so I'll HAVE to take it easy.

BTW... Any pics of you car???

Sure, here is a pic taken at the Killarney Track Day earlier this year.

@Stig: Nice photo! I'm going to track mine in 3 weekends time

Quote:
    BC997J said:

I'm not Alex, but I love Mini's too

Hier is my "blou blitz" hahaha

lol

Do you ever even drive that?? Not that it's a bad car, but I mean, you've got 2 Porsches, a Noble, a Merc, should I go on???

I'm not sure if you're married or not and I'm not going to ask for you're privacy, but if not:
    I can just imagine, you meeting a girl in your Porsche/new F430 ... you guys talk a bit and you speak about your cars a bit, then make arrangements to meet for a date again.

She waits by her door expecting a million rand car and you show up in this.

Quote:
    Mike S said:

Quote:
    BC997J said:

Having delivery of my little beast on Wednesday/Thrusday of next week!!!!!

Mike that's hyper blue I believe, just as mine (but my roof is white colour), and mine comes with the 17" sport wheels!!, it comes fully equipped except the electric roof and some minor stuffs like the tinted windows(probably do that to her)...

Btw Mike, I've been discussing with my friend The Stig, about pre-installing at dealer the R90 wheels, but as the car already comes with the extra wheels 17" dunno what to do!!! , cost is 600euros, so that push off a bit , imagine....600euros for petrol!!

The cooper S is really special, some weeks ago test-drove one, with the R90 wheels, absolutely fully equipped, and the turbo sound is just present in the cabin, really impressive!!!!, though fuel consumption was 13.5liters per 100km

BCJ997 sorry for taking a bit off your topic!!, I still say what I said, you get the RS!!!!!!!, very special car!!!!!

Ferdie sending you a pm right now!!!

Quote:
    BC997J said:
    lol

Do you ever even drive that?? Not that it's a bad car, but I mean, you've got 2 Porsches, a Noble, a Merc, should I go on???

I'm not sure if you're married or not and I'm not going to ask for you're privacy, but if not:
    I can just imagine, you meeting a girl in your Porsche/new F430 ... you guys talk a bit and you speak about your cars a bit, then make arrangements to meet for a date again.

She waits by her door expecting a million rand car and you show up in this.

you figured out my game plan! this way I can find out if she's a keeper or not?

haha just kidding, i've always liked the mini, don't know why so I figured when I could one day afford one, I'm going to get myself one. So I got one during the first year of it being on the market, loving it since

I do drive it now and then, a lot more than you'd think. It's got 18,000kms in 2 and a half years! I don't drive the nice cars during the week, I have to go through town and in those bad areas sometimes, it's not a good idea to draw attention in that type of place! Who's going to notice a tiny ol' Mini?

Quote:
    Alex18_996CC said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:

Quote:
    BC997J said:

Having delivery of my little beast on Wednesday/Thrusday of next week!!!!!

Mike that's hyper blue I believe, just as mine (but my roof is white colour), and mine comes with the 17" sport wheels!!, it comes fully equipped except the electric roof and some minor stuffs like the tinted windows(probably do that to her)...

Btw Mike, I've been discussing with my friend The Stig, about pre-installing at dealer the R90 wheels, but as the car already comes with the extra wheels 17" dunno what to do!!! , cost is 600euros, so that push off a bit , imagine....600euros for petrol!!

The cooper S is really special, some weeks ago test-drove one, with the R90 wheels, absolutely fully equipped, and the turbo sound is just present in the cabin, really impressive!!!!, though fuel consumption was 13.5liters per 100km

BCJ997 sorry for taking a bit off your topic!!, I still say what I said, you get the RS!!!!!!!, very special car!!!!!

Ferdie sending you a pm right now!!!

congrats alex!

Btw the mini has a Supercharger, not a turbo! We don't get those 17" wheels here we got these other ugly looking 17"s that's why I took the 16", liked those wheels more. My mini is pretty standard though, has the Harmon Kardon sound, Xenon lights, Leather seats and thats about it. i left off the sunroof because that thing weighs a lot! With such a small engine, any little extra bit of weight put on will effect the perfomance. Are you going to put on the JCW kit? I think it's a bit too pricey IMO, but who knows maybe one day when I have a extra bit of cash I'll put in on

ps. wow 13.5 litres / 100km?! You must be driving the daylights out of your car! I drive mine pretty agressively and it stays around 11.2 litres/100km

Ohh I forgot!

Any complains so far Mike, with the cooper S???

I am really interested!!!!

And hey it was really difficult to find a stock mini cooper S, went to 4 madrilian dealers, and last one I visited they had 2 in stock (dark silver with white roof, black leather xenon, chili package etc and another hyper blue with white roof, the same extras), delivery in here is 3 months more or less, and they can only deliver one mini cooper S per month (dealer words)...Only a very reduce discount in cooper S , besides he told me that for one's and cooper's the thing changes and a lot (lots in stock), but cooper S--> really rare!!!!

What's your fuel consumption!!!!, you really use the car!!!!

Mike I don't have the car.....yet (next week)

The mini I test-drove (ONLY 720KM IN THE TACH) brand new, it sayed 14LITERSS!!!!!!!! of fuel consumption!!!, no JCW package just a base cooperS, that's why I asked you!..I assume that specific example was raelly already raced!!!

I put the car up to 180-190kph in a few seconds, (the dealer was in the passenger seat ), really amazing, okok supercharged!!!! , but man you know what I mean, when I say you can hear it very easy!!

Will post pics beside the 997S (we have to clean it up), it should be some really nice pics!!!!

I was a bit surprise cause our 997S only has 12.5liters of fuel consumption!!!

Quote:
    Alex18_996CC said:
    Ohh I forgot!

Any complains so far Mike, with the cooper S???

I am really interested!!!!

And hey it was really difficult to find a stock mini cooper S, went to 4 madrilian dealers, and last one I visited they had 2 in stock (dark silver with white roof, black leather xenon, chili package etc and another hyper blue with white roof, the same extras), delivery in here is 3 months more or less, and they can only deliver one mini cooper S per month (dealer words)...Only a very reduce discount in cooper S , besides he told me that for one's and cooper's the thing changes and a lot (lots in stock), but cooper S--> really rare!!!!

What's your fuel consumption!!!!, you really use the car!!!!

Solid car! only problem is the rubbers in the windows, they make a noise after a while when you wind down the windows. had the rubbers replaced twice, both times it came back so i just left it. must be some design flaw with the window. but that's a minor thing. Other than that the car is very solid. Had not one single problem with the car!

Cooper S's are hard to get a hold of here as well. guess it wasn't just me I suppose they don't produce that many Mini's a month unlike other cars.

good point to have differens cars then ur woman spot you with the other chicks!?

p.s they never known what car u own!

Quote:
    Alex18_996CC said:
    I was a bit surprise cause our 997S only has 12.5liters of fuel consumption!!!

yeap my 997 was also at 12.9 but it went to 13.2 after the PSE went on

Well actually ours is between 11 to 14liters, and its tiptronic and pse!!

Well if the fuel consumption for the cooper S is in the 11 liters more or less, then is "slightly" more acceptable, but for a car that weights so little, those figueres are a bit high.....nevermind, I am sure I'll love it!!!!

There was a mini one cabrio, absolutely fully equipped ready to deliver with a total price of 33keuros!!!!!, that is absolutely crazy!!!!!

My cooper S cost 31keuros more or less!!!, I am in love again!!!!!!!

No probs... I like that car 2...

Dear William
    Thanks a lot for your answer concerning the GT3RS adjustments. I will try that. At the Porsche Club days last week-end in Saint Tropez, I met a RS owner from Luxembourg. He made also this kind of adjustment. Thanks a lot! :

GUYS WATCH THIS SPACE!!!!!!!!

After considering what you guys had to say, 996 GT3 it is for me. RS is a bit too much for a "911beginner"...

Maybe going for a test drive later this week so I'll post some pics.

Besides that I wont have time to do a lot of things 'cause I'm busy with exams at the moment, so I wont be finalizing things for another couple of weeks.

HEhehehehe hehe hahaha

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/14/24 2:04 PM
    RCA
    802961 1806
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448478 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266006 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90003 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6491 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885536 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    832832 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM