Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Freebies - Because were owed some! (UK)

It's getting closer and closer to delivery time for me and the anticipation is growing. Rennteam is the only thing keeping my sane whilst the wait goes on by reading about others experiences. I read a conversation in another post between Eddie and Throt about how, as Throt eloquently put it "the bird on reception" complained how his kid was on their second fizzy drink. This got me thinking, we pay expletive loads for these cars and the dealer experience is often left lacking somewhere down the line. One should do ones best to re-dress the balance. So gentleman, what freebies has anybody managed to get thrown in at delivery time as you enter the chip and pin? Probably more relevant to UK buyers as you US guys seem to get the cars for free compared to us but comments welcomed.

For throt and Eddies reference, I cannot vouch for the number of fizzy drinks offered by Cambridge OPC reception "birds" but can confirm a couple were easy on the eye should Eddie and his clan be passing

Re: Freebies - Because were owed some! (UK)

My freebies (after some effort):

2 quarts of oil/carpet mats.

My dealer was however excellent and I highly recommend them. I'm amazed that throt did not throttle her!

I managed to get -
    - A Porshe car cover (the indoor, just-keep-the-dust-off-her kind)
    - A couple of key fobs
    - Two nice Porsche ball caps
    - A cute little Porsche shirt for my sweetie

Those, coupled with the ever-so-slight discount from MSRP made it a very enjoyable experience.

Quote:
    eddie said:
    I'm amazed that throt did not throttle her!

Me too... He is/was a potential client for a very pricey car and they were complaining about a glass of soda, pathetic.

Free mats
    quart of oil
    model 911
    porsche teddybear
    bunch of flowers
    Bottle of brut champagne
    and all the tea/coffee and soft drinks you wanted. Couldn't have been treated better.

You must be a well know client.
    How many Porsche have you had so far??

The porsche car cover is good going if it is one of the nice garage ones with the big Porsche logo on - I have one for a Boxster which is unused if anybody is interested?

Mats would have been nice. Mr OPC said he would do me a deal on these. The deal was Pounds125.99 which makes me think of the thread about Porsche parts being expensive.

From the comments so far it seems we do worse at this than our friends in America as well as paying more for the car in the first place. Out of interest what is the standard price for a C2 or C2S in the US before any options?

Got mine from Cambridge - drank and ate lots in reception and no one has said anything.

Got the following:
    Porsche Cuff links
    Exhaust Chrome Pipes (due to my car originally being delayed as the parts were not available during delivery)
    Upgraded Navigation DVD (including PCM upgrade).

Regards
    Prashan

Quote:
    nick997 said:
    From the comments so far it seems we do worse at this than our friends in America as well as paying more for the car in the first place. Out of interest what is the standard price for a C2 or C2S in the US before any options?

I didn't get jack as far as freebies are concerned from Circle Porsche in Long Beach. Oh wait a minute, I got a key chain with the Circle Porsche logo on it.

As far as the car cover with the big Porsche logo on it, isn't that going to be a big target for people walking by. It kinda says, "please vandalize my car".

nick997,

Our friends across the pond only have to find the following to buy their cars: -

C2 $71,300 - Pounds40,266 at todays exchange rate
    C2S $81,400 - Pounds45,913

This makes me feel very

I got them to give me the colored wheel caps when I picked my car up. They also gave me the leather key fob with the colored Porsche Crest. After a couple of days I received a nice bottle of wine with the Porsche Crest and dealer's name engraved on it. I don't want to drink it because it is so nice looking.

Phil

I got:
    -Flowers really nice for my girlfriend
    -champagne with Porsche logo
    -key chain
    -Tequipment Porsche care kit
    -Full tank of Petrol

porsche unbrella
    tank of gas
    porsche emblem key chains
    dealer arrange for porsche to provide certificate of authenticity..came for porsche..listed as 95.00 in catalog

That's an insane difference in prices. Why aren't we all buying them there and shipping them back over here? And I think I am right in saying that salaries are higher, taxes lower and the sun shines more too...

So our US friends know, at the same exchange rate cost of the basic cars here are:

C2 $104,476 = Pounds59002
    C2S $116,764 = Pounds65860

To make up for the difference we get a bit of leather and a tint to the windscreen thrown in. I assume that the rest of Europe is much closer to us? Pricewise that is, i'm ok on distance

Quote:
    nick997 said:
    That's an insane difference in prices. Why aren't we all buying them there and shipping them back over here? And I think I am right in saying that salaries are higher, taxes lower and the sun shines more too...

So our US friends know, at the same exchange rate cost of the basic cars here are:

C2 $104,476 = Pounds59002
    C2S $116,764 = Pounds65860

To make up for the difference we get a bit of leather and a tint to the windscreen thrown in. I assume that the rest of Europe is much closer to us? Pricewise that is, i'm ok on distance

Is the VAT included in that price? Our sales tax is not so you need to add 7% or 8% to our $71,300 and $81,400 prices. Still, it's a huge difference.

Got us$1500 off MSRP on ordered S. I figure that's the "freebie."

Other than that I don't want anything for free. Er..., uh..., 30 minutes with the knockout receptionist in the parts room wouldda been appropriate.

Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    Quote:
    nick997 said:

I didn't get jack as far as freebies are concerned from Circle Porsche in Long Beach. Oh wait a minute, I got a key chain with the Circle Porsche logo on it.

As far as the car cover with the big Porsche logo on it, isn't that going to be a big target for people walking by. It kinda says, "please vandalize my car".

The cover I got does have the logo and name on the front of it, but not the huge multi-color one. It's just red printing on the silver-ish cover, and I only use the cover when it's sitting in the garage, it's not an outdoor, all-weather type.

As for vandalism, I try not to park it where I think that might happen, and I also like to think that the Seal Grey color might be more "stealthy" (i.e. more easily overlooked) than other colors. My "arrest-me-red" '99 M3 got keyed in a parking lot once, likely because it stood out like a sore thumb.

Wow that is a big price difference. I didn't realize you guys across the pond were paying that much for these cars. My CabS fully loaded with tax is about what your base sticker price is for a C2S! I got the "nice" porsche car cover (highly recommend you ask for it) a few porsche caps, key chains and shirts. If you are going to have a clear bra installed, try to talk them down on price upon delivery if the dealership does the install. When you pick up the car this is usually a good time to ask for breaks on this kind of stuff. Good Luck and congraduations.

Quote:
    Is the VAT included in that price? Our sales tax is not so you need to add 7% or 8% to our $71,300 and $81,400 prices. Still, it's a huge difference.

Yes, VAT was in my prices at 17.5%.

Quote:

Other than that I don't want anything for free. Er..., uh..., 30 minutes with the knockout receptionist in the parts room wouldda been appropriate.

A good freebie. Following on this theory I guess the knockout receptionist packed more of a punch than ours and you have slower minutes over there

RoadRacer - I'm a seal grey too, it came down to a choice betwee AS and SG and there were 2 SG's on the forecourt when I specced it and that swung the decision.

Kevinm - Thanks, looking forward to getting it. Car cover or wheel centres would be great, preferably the latter as the car will not be a garage queen. Do you notice how few UK replies there have been - perhaps I will be pushing my luck.

kevinm,

Don't forget the UK prices quoted are for base spec cars. My highly optioned C2 was around $121k US.

I did get a $50 Porsche Tequipment wheel brush kit thrown in though so I guess that makes paying the extra $ss over here worthwhile

My C2 cab with minimal toys cost me Pounds70,800 odd. Thats approximately $123,900. However I did get free car mats!!

Quote:
    ISUK said:
    kevinm,

Don't forget the UK prices quoted are for base spec cars. My highly optioned C2 was around $121k US.

I did get a $50 Porsche Tequipment wheel brush kit thrown in though so I guess that makes paying the extra $ss over here worthwhile

That is just amazing. So in the UK a highly optioned C2 is priced about the same as a highly optioned C2S cab in the US. You guys are getting screwed! Perhaps it would even out if the wheel brush kit came with the aforementioned receptionist.

Quote:
    BC997J said:
    Quote:
    eddie said:

Me too... He is/was a potential client for a very pricey car and they were complaining about a glass of soda, pathetic.

Well the Mrs was fuming , it happened whil'st I was out on my demo but in the end I moved to Reading where the staff were much better . I remember one Sunday when me and the Mrs along with the daughter took a ride out to Reading and things greatly imrpoved that day which made the dealership move well worth it because on sitting around the customer TV I got an eye fall of one of the Lady workers stocking top ( she sat opposite me to talk to us ) and I mean the top not around her knee caps like one of those Readers Wifes so it made a family outing very enjoyable , and of course I got a clip just 10 seconds after leaving but I got let off because the Mrs got on well with her and thinking about it I wished I got to say goodbye to her and one other when I cancelled my order , nevermind...

Take care Lads..

throt..

Quote:
    nick997 said:
    Quote:

Yes, VAT was in my prices at 17.5%.

Quote:

A good freebie. Following on this theory I guess the knockout receptionist packed more of a punch than ours and you have slower minutes over there

RoadRacer - I'm a seal grey too, it came down to a choice betwee AS and SG and there were 2 SG's on the forecourt when I specced it and that swung the decision.

Kevinm - Thanks, looking forward to getting it. Car cover or wheel centres would be great, preferably the latter as the car will not be a garage queen. Do you notice how few UK replies there have been - perhaps I will be pushing my luck.

So,

U.S. (Add 8% sales tax)
    $71,300 * 1.08 = $77,004
    $81,400 * 1.08 = $87,912

G.B. (remove 17.5% VAT)
    $104,476 / 1.175 = $88,916
    $116,764 / 1.175 = $99,374

So there's still about $12K difference between the U.S. and G.B., even taking into account the taxes. Could it be the difference is the tariffs between the two countries?

Quote:
    nick997 said:
    as Throt eloquently put it "the bird on reception"

LOL ..

Quote:
    BC997J said:
    Quote:
    eddie said:

No throttling but I took her behind the dealership put her over my knee and slapped her botty..Naughty girl ..

throt..

I see Throt is in a frisky mood today!

Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    Could it be the difference is the tariffs between the two countries?

There aren't any tarrifs in the UK. Porsche is just sticking it up us Brits in the same way all car manufacturers do. If you saw the prices we have to pay for things like the Jeep Grand Cherokee and Chrysler 300C over here you'd probably suffer a stroke.

Quote:
    ISUK said:
    Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    Could it be the difference is the tariffs between the two countries?

There aren't any tarrifs in the UK. Porsche is just sticking it up us Brits in the same way all car manufacturers do. If you saw the prices we have to pay for things like the Jeep Grand Cherokke and Chrysler 300C over here you'd probably suffer a stroke.

I checked differences when I purchased my Toyota Landcruiser LC5 , they are huge we are well stitch ..

throt..

I am sure they were almost 50% cheaper..

fyi ..

throt..

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    776814 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441560 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262698 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260842 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85113 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5519 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880555 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815709 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM