Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Please Vote. F430 vs. Gallardo.

Based on styling/looks which do you like better ?

Re: Please Vote. F430 vs. Gallardo.

Like both the 430's exterior styling and interior detailing (seats, steering wheel, instrument panel, ability to customize, etc)far more than G-car....

Had one of first G-cars delivered in CA....IMO couldn't even beat an aging 360 in dynamics and "feel", let alone the 430....and was a hell of a lot less practical...
    But I guess G-car's resale value shows the mkt's view of G-car vs F....
    Anyone know how many G-cars Lambo has sold in US and worldwide....and what nos. they had indicated (before launch) they expected to sell?

I love the Lambo's sound! Awesome feeling having your ear drums ache when it idles inside a garage

I like both just as much as the other actually, but seeing I only get 1 vote - I went for the F430(Can't vote against a car that one as on order lol!)

You had a Gallardo ? Very cool.

Tell me more please about it's practical limitaions. For the past week I cant get the idea of picking up a pre-owned one at these market prices. Is it mostly clearance and rear visibilty issues or a lot more than that ?

tia~

Ferrari without doubt. I like looking at other people's Lambos, but I'd choose Ferrari for myself. I like almost all Ferrari's (there was some Bertone coupe from the 70s that was odd), any would be great to own and admire.

having owned 7 Ferarris this Lambo gallardo
    is my second Lambo but doubt I'll ever buy a current production Ferrari over these German engineered Lambos!!!!!!!!!!1

Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Tell me more please about it's practical limitaions. For the past week I cant get the idea of picking up a pre-owned one at these market prices. Is it mostly clearance and rear visibilty issues or a lot more than that ?

tia~

hehehe stradale, i think you misunderstood me, i never said i had owned one. I stored my friend's G for him at my place, while he was rennovating his house and was overseas for business. had it for 2 months, it is VERY VERY loud even with stock pipes! the ground clearance if you're careful you will be fine, you can raise the height of the car by pressing a couple buttons

I really dont see how u can vote for the F430 when it is really a design forced upon the pure 360 design. the intakes are all bigger (too big!) bc of the extra cooling needed; the tail lights look like little marshmallows stuck on while the G exterior is so pure in its wedge form and crisp intakes on the side and front. The interior may go to the F430, but thats about it, imo.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:

tia~

Strad, the clearance was a royal PITA (vs 360/430) in getting into many gas stations, sloped garages/driveways....I heard they now offer ht adjustment feature that may help.

Interior was terrible for simple interior storage stuff...cell phone/Blkberry/sunglasses/garage dr openers, etc. Trunk was worthless even for my very limited carrying needs (occasionally cart a case or two of wine/wkly dry cleaning....for which F trunk is like an SUV's...even vs 996TTS).

Also, more importantly, brakes would start to fade during my usual wkend mtn road drives, where brakes of 360CS/430 w/CCM/996TTS would show zero signs of fatigue....I guess the G-car's similarities to the M5/6 are more than just the V-10 motor...

Did roughly 3K mis on car in 3-4 mos; was able to get out w/minimal hit as had a creative salesguy/broker who shipped car to a London broker who was able to pay up as there was shortage of G-cars at time and there was some Euro vs US pricing arb that he was able to play....

Looks, engine, sound,... F430 IMO.

Stradale I would also go for the 430 without any doubts!!!!!

Gallardo...

Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

tia~

Strad, the clearance was a royal PITA (vs 360/430) in getting into many gas stations, sloped garages/driveways....I heard they now offer ht adjustment feature that may help.

Interior was terrible for simple interior storage stuff...cell phone/Blkberry/sunglasses/garage dr openers, etc. Trunk was worthless even for my very limited carrying needs (occasionally cart a case or two of wine/wkly dry cleaning....for which F trunk is like an SUV's...even vs 996TTS).

Also, more importantly, brakes would start to fade during my usual wkend mtn road drives, where brakes of 360CS/430 w/CCM/996TTS would show zero signs of fatigue....I guess the G-car's similarities to the M5/6 are more than just the V-10 motor...

Did roughly 3K mis on car in 3-4 mos; was able to get out w/minimal hit as had a creative salesguy/broker who shipped car to a London broker who was able to pay up as there was shortage of G-cars at time and there was some Euro vs US pricing arb that he was able to play....

Thanks !
    That's another thing to consider when evaluating the looks of the 430 vs. Gallardo.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    That's another thing to consider when evaluating the looks of the 430 vs. Gallardo.

lambos have ccm's as of this month as well stradale

Strad, good luck on your decision re: G-car.

Also, be sure to eval the e-gear closely...at least on early G-cars, the e-gear was about as primitive as early 360 F1 trannies....I'm sure Lambo's refined their tranny since....but so has F...

F430....the Gallardo looks like a chunk of swiss cheese. I like the Murci, the G is stone-cold-ugly IMO.

This is really a tough choice. These are the two vehicles I'm considering for the next step. M&R costs may kill them both. I may end up sticking with Porsche since I drive my cars hard and alot. I've checked out the Lambo so far at Ferrari of Washington. Very tempting, but the cockpit didn't impress me. My 997 was far superior in layout, position of the driver, no blind spots, etc., and I've already seen how my performance is not as far off as I expected when running with my friends in group drives on country roads. Anyway, I have lots of time to figure this one out. It's good to see the views of others!

The Gallardo is so cool and masculine it makes the 430 look like...a Ferrari.

Two beautiful cars. The Gallardo far more special to look at, but probably also so special designwise, that some buyers will look at the car in a few years frm now and say "what the hell was I thinking".
    The F430 is a gorgeous car, but like all Ferraris and Porsches its design is a bit too predictable, too conservative.
    I'm comparing a supercar to a supercar....none of these are exactly conservative looking compared to regular cars.

If I could afford the danish 500.000$ pricetag each of these cars carry, I'd pick the Gallardo - but I'd probably have some sleepless nights making up my mind.

ANGLES COME AND ANGLES GO BUT CURVES ARE FOREVER!

S-Man,

Don't get a G, pick up one of those remaining 996TSCab's still available, especially in case you are disappointed with the 997TT's looks. Mine seems smoother and faster by the week.

Al

Quote:
    Mike S said:

hehehe stradale, i think you misunderstood me, i never said i had owned one. I stored my friend's G for him at my place, while he was rennovating his house and was overseas for business. had it for 2 months. . . .

Mike,

"Stored" it? Maybe some travel fatigue flying back home from Frankfurt. You really meant to type "floored" it, right?

Shameless group drive photo.

Quote:
    Holminator said:
    I've already seen how my performance is not as far off as I expected when running with my friends in group drives on country roads

What do you mean by not far off??? Would a good driver in a Cs be able to hold off an average one in a Gallardo?

Quote:
    Al Pettee said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:

hehehe stradale, i think you misunderstood me, i never said i had owned one. I stored my friend's G for him at my place, while he was rennovating his house and was overseas for business. had it for 2 months. . . .

Mike,

"Stored" it? Maybe some travel fatigue flying back home from Frankfurt. You really meant to type "floored" it, right?

of course I "floored" it a couple times, he didn't mind me going for a couple spins in it anyway

How would you know? I'm just telling you what I see in real world conditions. If you've seen something different, let me know. I'm all ears.

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Those look like Murci wheels. (love them btw) Are the CCB's for Gallardo's as well ?

Quote:
    LowPolarMoment said:

Yup. So far it's the Curvaceous designs that stand the test of time.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    LowPolarMoment said:

Doubt those "curves" will stand the test of time ....but they make new versions of those curves every yr .....just trade-'em in when the curves aren't what they once were....that's why it tends to be cheaper to rent/lease than to buy those curves....

Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    LowPolarMoment said:

Doubt those "curves" will stand the test of time ....but they make new versions of those curves every yr .....just trade-'em in when the curves aren't what they once were....that's why it tends to be cheaper to rent/lease than to buy those curves....

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Those look like Murci wheels. (love them btw) Are the CCB's for Gallardo's as well ?

yeah it was off the murcie on display there. i'm sure you are able get the CCM's for the Gallardo as well.

ps. lol at the above post

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    760656 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    434357 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260002 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257139 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80748 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5311 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

871256 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    806431 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM