Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Hello from Frankfurt!!

thanks WF. damnit i guess i should have gone to geneva

Quote:
    Mike S said:

You still have time to get organised.... combine it with a skiing trip and a meeting with your bankers..
    I will be missing it as in march I will be in SA
    Am taking the plane this afternoon to go to Frankfurt, will see the show tomorrow

Thanks Mike.

That kit is the best one so far for the 997.

Hope you're enjoying yourself!

Quote:
    Gnil said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:

You still have time to get organised.... combine it with a skiing trip and a meeting with your bankers..
    Am taking the plane this afternoon to go to Frankfurt, will see the show tomorrow

should have flown in today gnil, you could have come with in the rental challenge stradale I had today man was that so much fun on the autobahn!

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    Gnil said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:

should have flown in today gnil, you could have come with in the rental challenge stradale I had today man was that so much fun on the autobahn!

"rental challenge stradale I had today "

Come again ?
    How was that Mike ?

i originally hired a gallardo but they messed up the booking so they gave me a CS instead. not that i minded it was totally awesome! the sound wowowow!!! you're right stradale, the stock CS sound is more than enough! especially through tunnels!

Here the a pic of the 997 with the new sport design wheel

close up view

...Sport Evo!

This is Sport Design wheel:

yeah i don't know the name for the new wheel

I don't know the name either, but I like that wheel. I like the way the brake disc is almost fully exposed (until it rusts of course)

Quote:
    JohnA said:
    I don't know the name either, but I like that wheel. I like the way the brake disc is almost fully exposed (until it rusts of course)

Unless you get the PCCBs, bien sur...

I took 249 pics on the show and at the Nurburgring today...I'll post an impression later.
    @ Mike really a pity we missed out on eachother , but i saw 3 Pagani's at the Ring!!!

3 and now i go to bed, dreaming about all the dreamcars i met today...

By the way , we went home in a hurry...
    Figure it out for yourselves how fast the cab went...

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    ...why can't I be a special customer? would be nice to get behind a wheel of a SLR *winks at fanch* hook me up

yes the lambo stand is amazing one of the busiest in the WHOLE show. you struggle getting even within 4m's of the perimeter...

Mike,

who would be a special customer if not YOU? Did you tell the guys on the Merc stand that you just recently upgraded to an SL65..?

How much longer do you intend to stay there? If you come close to Duesseldorf in the next couple of days, give me a sign!

Fanch you are located in Dusseldorf?

Quote:
    Dilinger said:
    Fanch you are located in Dusseldorf?

I am not Fanch, but if this question was directed at me than yes.

Quote:
    Ferdie said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    ...why can't I be a special customer? would be nice to get behind a wheel of a SLR *winks at fanch* hook me up

yes the lambo stand is amazing one of the busiest in the WHOLE show. you struggle getting even within 4m's of the perimeter...

Mike,

who would be a special customer if not YOU? Did you tell the guys on the Merc stand that you just recently upgraded to an SL65..?

How much longer do you intend to stay there? If you come close to Duesseldorf in the next couple of days, give me a sign!

i didn't think that it would have been relevant to them mentioning about the 65(or the other mercs that i have bought in the past)? How ever the Ferrari stand helped out about explaining when the delivery of my car will be, and i also got behind the wheel of the superamerica and the f430 spider

Quote:
    beltar said:
    By the way , we went home in a hurry...
    Figure it out for yourselves how fast the cab went...

yes i was disappointed that i didn't get to meet you either we must definately make a plan next time! at least you got to see some zondas on the way home!

@ the pic you're only a couple km/h short of beating carlos! 294 is fast in a cab!!

Thanks for sharing the pictures! That way I get both benefits from one and the same weekend... Porsche driver training AND IAA impressions.

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    ...How ever the Ferrari stand helped out about explaining when the delivery of my car will be, and i also got behind the wheel of the superamerica and the f430 spider

Mike,

What were your impressions of the F430 Spider (at 0 mph )? My Ferrari-nut friend has a Spider on order for November delivery, but he plans to keep it in L.A., California for the winter (on the other side of the country from me), he and his wife spend much of their winter there, and he won't bring it back east (for me to see ) until next spring.

Quote:
    Al Pettee said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    ...How ever the Ferrari stand helped out about explaining when the delivery of my car will be, and i also got behind the wheel of the superamerica and the f430 spider

Mike,

What were your impressions of the F430 Spider (at 0 mph )? My Ferrari-nut friend has a Spider on order for November delivery, but he plans to keep it in L.A., California for the winter (on the other side of the country from me), he and his wife spend much of their winter there, and he won't bring it back east (for me to see ) until next spring.

Al, your 430Spider pal is smart to hang out in LA w/his new toy ....
    The only parts I don't get are.....who would want to take their wife/gf w/them to hang out in LA???? ...unless the wife is very "open-minded"?
    And why would someone ever leave LA in Spring to come back to the hot/humid, fast car-unfriendly East?

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    Gnil said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:

Thanks for the invitation Mike.... Would of loved it...
    Next time, mate!

VKSF,

I didn't bother to spell it out in my post, but he and his dad own a business with an office here back east and one in LALAland. They take advantage of the weather out there in winter, and commute back and forth the rest of the year. I've offered to fly out there next spring to drive the car back east for them (to help get past the "break-in" ), but he said my services "weren't necessary."

Quote:
    Al Pettee said:
    VKSF,

I didn't bother to spell it out in my post, but he and his dad own a business with an office here back east and one in LALAland. They take advantage of the weather out there in winter, and commute back and forth the rest of the year. I've offered to fly out there next spring to drive the car back east for them (to help get past the "break-in" ), but he said my services "weren't necessary."

Such generous offers from you, Al....what are good friends for, right? Did you also offer to temporarily swap your 996TTS for his 430?....just so he can fully appreciate F vs P
    The story makes a little more sense...though I'd still ditch the going back East part...prob is awfully painful going back East once one becomes accustomed to LA's near-perfect weather, cyn twisties, and F-appropriate "scenery".....

^^if i'd only truly known that before med school in new hampshire, VK...

@Mike

A rental Challenge Stradale???
    What rental company do you use , that must quite an experience

VKSF,

No, I hadn't thought of temporarily trading my P-car for his F-car, but he promised me a test drive with the Spider next summer. He and his dad have been regular F-car buyers from the dealer out of New York City (I think it's the one in Spring Valley, NY-maybe Strad knows them), but he worked out some arrangement for this one to be shipped to L.A. He asked if I wanted his assistance getting on their dealer's list for a Spider, and I am QUITE tempted ( ), but my heart is first set on the 997TT (I am a BIG fan of forced induction engines and P-cars as is manifest), then next I was lusting after the AM V8 or DB9, but who knows, maybe after I see this Spider. . . .I'll take some pics when it comes east.

This probably belongs on the Ferrari Board, but any comments from F-car fanatics would be welcommed (Strad, NBerry, et al) re. F-car purchases. My disadvantage also is that I'm 300+ miles from New York City for servicing issues, but the car would likely get less mileage than my P-car(s ), and my 996TSCab or 997TT would still be driveable.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM