Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayenne Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Frankfurt Turbo - here are the pics

She's a beauty!!

Looks like the new Sport Design Kit plus PKit? (brakes look bigger than stock).... This is the first 'P' designed 'Kit' that I think actually looks very nice!! Check out that 997esque TechArt inspired Twist on the side skirt.

Re: Frankfurt Turbo - here are the pics

Quote:
    Check out that 997esque TechArt inspired Twist on the side skirt.

That looks like the standard Cayenne Sportdesign package to me, which has been out about a year and a half.

Hmm...not sure GM...I thought the original SD kit didnt have those round foglights? Am not sure to be honest, I settled for the TA kit as I wasn't impressed with the P offering

Ugly. The body kit accents its homeliness and the video screens on the headrests look bulky. Cayenne body kits look as snarky as those 80's white out cars that had white wheels, grills and neon colored wipers.

There doesnt seem to be much point in lowering a 5000lb 4x4
    and adding a boy racer body kit. Looks like a fat woman in spandex bike shorts.

The Cayenne needs a total redesign. The back end looks like parts from a London taxi and the front looks awkward. Its almost as ugly as the new Audi Q7 or any new BMW. European auto design has gone ovoid, bulbous and overwrought.Instead of looking poised to accellerate, the shapes now look like they are being inflated and over designed to appeal to a
    ever ageing and myopic population.

Bling, bling, barf.

Quote:
    mish said:
    Hmm...not sure GM...I thought the original SD kit didnt have those round foglights? Am not sure to be honest, I settled for the TA kit as I wasn't impressed with the P offering

If they're different it's not by much. Here's a photo from March 2004 of the Sportdesign package.

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    Ugly. The body kit accents its homeliness and the video screens on the headrests look bulky. Cayenne body kits look as snarky as those 80's white out cars that had white wheels, grills and neon colored wipers.

The Cayenne needs a total redesign. The back end looks like parts from a London taxi and the front looks awkward. Its almost as ugly as the new Audi Q7 or any new BMW. European auto design has gone ovoid, bulbous and overwrought.Instead of looking poised to accellerate, the shapes now look like they are being inflated and over designed to appeal to a

Bling, bling, barf.

Rubbish...the Cayenne Turbo is beautiful, especially with a fitting body kit. The angry slats at the front look so aggressive - they could scare the grim reaper to death. Your views seem to be symbiotic of someone who was angry that Porsche strayed from their grass root production of making only 'Sports Cars' ie. 911.

Try telling the 100k new Cayenne owners that the car needs a redesign - I don't think they will agree with you.

Quote:
    mish said:
    Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:

Bling, bling, barf.

Rubbish...the Cayenne Turbo is beautiful, especially with a fitting body kit. The angry slats at the front look so aggressive - they could scare the grim reaper to death. Your views seem to be symbiotic of someone who was angry that Porsche strayed from their grass root production of making only 'Sports Cars' ie. 911.

Try telling the 100k new Cayenne owners that the car needs a redesign - I don't think they will agree with you.

Sorry, but it does look top heavy, soft and bloated. The only styling cues remotely Porsche like are its headlights and the script on its tail. As for the 100k owners, I doubt many wake up every morning and run outside to gaze at its beauty.

Porsche should be building 4X4's. Its in their roots and if any company can build a fast on road/off roader its them. But looks do matter and the Cayenne is hardly dazzling or even visually inspiring.

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    Quote:
    mish said:
    Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:

Bling, bling, barf.

Sorry, but it does look top heavy, soft and bloated. The only styling cues remotely Porsche like are its headlights and the script on its tail. As for the 100k owners, I doubt many wake up every morning and run outside to gaze at its beauty.

Porsche should be building 4X4's. Its in their roots and if any company can build a fast on road/off roader its them. But looks do matter and the Cayenne is hardly dazzling or even visually inspiring.

Jim, the Cayenne is definitely a controversial looking vehicle, that we will agree on. Personally, I do not like the base or the S models. The Turbo is the real beauty, boasting a dynamic, aggressive and ultimately sporty look (Sport techno wheels are the only P design I would even consider)....

May I ask you then, which 4x4 do you find most aesthetically pleasing AND sporty to boot? What's your Top 5 let's say.

P.s. I love gazing at my TT every morning....

http://www.techart.de/homee_gesamt.htm

TECHART help so so much but then you are into it big $ . This car is built for the person driving and not for the person watching it drive by .

Ocean, I have the Street TA kit, but this Magnum TA kit is way OTT imo. It's actually quite vulgar.

Mish, The Cayenne IS its own category. Porsche invented the uper fast SUV segment and has no real competition in it.

All that it really lacks is a body that is proportional and truly attractive.

There arent 5 attractive 4x4's out there so this top5 list of best looking cars will have to suffice..

Lamborhini Miura
    any 911 except for a 996
    Series 1 Jag XJ
    Ferrari Daytona
    Maserati Bora

What about the Jag E Type Series 1.5 ... the best looking one.

And what about the Aston Martin DB 4 GT.. Those are gorgeous cars as well

anyone heard of the japanese style call Jubilee ?

I'd never call the Cayenne a beautiful SUV, in fact I don't think one exists.
    However, I would never call it ugly, and I think the body kit in the pics makes it look even better. It has caused a lot of controversy though, and some think it's one of the worst looking vehicles ever created.
    That TechArt Cayenne is way too much for me, in both styling and price.

Isn't individual taste a wonderful thing? I actually find the Cayenne to be quite attractive, by far the most attractive SUV currently on the market to me, and I've owned a variety of SUVs since... well, since at least a decade before anybody even called them SUVs. I very much like the appearance BECAUSE it has so many style features of the 911 that made me fall in love with Porsche as an adolescent, while others hate it because it doesn't look ENOUGH like a Porsche. Unfortunately, some of those same style points, like the greenhouse shape, mean less functionality, in terms of capacity. Alas, beauty has a price. I haven't seen a single body kit that I thought made the vehicle look better, especially not those that, to my individual eye, make it look like a pimpmobile or make the grill look like a german Dodge Magnum.

But, that is just my taste and, given that if I really cared much about appearances I probably should have spent my Cayenne money on plastic surgery instead , who am I to judge, much less make pronouncements as if everyone should agree with them? As I've posted before, I would hate to be a Porsche designer, trying to please all of us heavily opinionated SOBs at once.

Well said sigs.

sigs!

what option is number is for the screens on the back of the headrests? and is it retrofittable?

It certainly looks it, but why on earth Porsche can't integrate them into the headrests is beyond me. The only advantage I can see is that you might be able to remove them to go in your new Cayenne.Remember that you'll need the TV tuner and DVD kit too. I seem to recall that the DVD kit goes on the rear seat where the armrest goes. So that will probably mean that you can't lower the back seats either.

All in all, it doesn't seem very well thought out.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    780731 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442525 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263317 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261639 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85768 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5901 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881379 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    818744 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM