Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: New 997TT spy shots

Which car pic is that Stradale?
    That front end is much better but the side vent is what I'm a little concerned about. I liked the original spy shots of the entire side length vents.

i though this is the one !?

no turn signal on that 997tt

Quote:
    U Boat Commander said:
    Clearly a photoshop job. Check out the side air intakes blown up in this pics. The vents are all jagged and there are lots of jpeg artifacts. Thank God, because those vents look aweful.

Actually, that part does not look photoshopped. Redrawing in PS would tend to remove the JPG artifacts because of bluring and smoothing. Also the slight shadows in the middle of each strake looks real to me, or it's the work of a PS masochist. It's possible the image was compressed heavily after PS'ing, which would introduce the JPG blocking.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    If this is close to the final product then hope its performance is outstanding to make up for its appearance. It really is butt ugly.

Nick, we finally agree on something! If this is the real thing, then Porsche missed yet another opportunity to recreate the 911.

Quote:
    Ray G said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    If this is close to the final product then hope its performance is outstanding to make up for its appearance. It really is butt ugly.

Nick, we finally agree on something! If this is the real thing, then Porsche missed yet another opportunity to recreate the 911.

Ray I knew it would be a matter of time before we agreed on something. Now that I thinking about there was something else we agreed upon.. The color combo of your CGT.The best of the bunch.

Quote:
    OCEAN said:
    would be nice to have the CGT headlights on the 977TT ..

my thoughts exactly.
    whether or not these pics are close/chopped, i'm rather disappointed.
    the rear's as expected, basically, but the front could've been so awe-inspiring and instead...
    well...

a missed opportunity for P to capitalise on a strategic swing into the 998~~

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    There's no way that's what the Turbo will look like. Porsche is too good to let that happen.

Completely agree, that was exactly my point. Actually, Carlos' photoshop update of the 997TT based on more recent spy pics was a good rendition. He kept out the horizontal slats from the side intakes. Maybe he or someone could find his P-shop image and upload it here.

As for all the guys on this thread denigrating the looks of the 997TT based on the appearance/p-shopped variations of these test mules, I suspect much (maybe not all) of the criticism comes from folks with no plans to buy one in the first place. Let's at least wait for the official unveiling in (?) Geneva.

Quote:
    bazza said:
    i though this is the one !?

DEFINETELY NOT!!!

ok RC please tell me ! does the new turbo look better then the 996 turbo?

Like all the posts here I too am hoping this is a bad photoshop...maybe done by someone who likes Pontiacs or Dodges. Otherwise the "classic clean lines" of Porsche has been lost. This car looks way too out of proportion and busy...overkill on the horizontal slats. Lets all hope the final version is better (and that this is not it or that it looks better in person!). Otherwise it will have to be based on performance that people buy it because it sure won't be for it's looks.

Or maybe it will just "grow on us."

The back looks like Audi TT

Quote:
    Al Pettee said:
    Completely agree, that was exactly my point. Actually, Carlos' photoshop update of the 997TT based on more recent spy pics was a good rendition. He kept out the horizontal slats from the side intakes. Maybe he or someone could find his P-shop image and upload it here.

I only wish you could get wheels like that on the 997 , Just like they brought back the round style lights they need to bring back a good new version of the twisters that concept was around for 10 years for a reason .. You must like that style also for you to keep putting it on the PS things you do ... great work can we see it in black .

Now that is more like it, Carlos!

Paul

Quote:
    But the upcoming 997 Turbo S will "destroy" the F430, even the upcoming Challenge version, on the street and on the track

RC, why so combative?

get a ferrari! it makes you relaxed. you will immediately stop thinking about probable 'ring times. you will just enjoy the car. at any speed.

Quote:
    zzboba said:
    Quote:
    But the upcoming 997 Turbo S will "destroy" the F430, even the upcoming Challenge version, on the street and on the track

RC, why so combative?

get a ferrari! it makes you relaxed. you will immediately stop thinking about probable 'ring times. you will just enjoy the car. at any speed.

Didn't RC hint somewhere that he had a Gallardo Spider on order?? Either way, get a LAmbo and you'll forget about both Ferrari and Porsche!

Quote:
    zzboba said:
    Quote:

RC, why so combative?

... until a TT shows up in your rear mirror...

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:

... until a TT shows up in your rear mirror...

. . .which is rare, fleeting and evanescent-usually, everything else is in the TT's rear mirror.

I like the looks of the car;except for the wheels, which look like they are straight off of a AMG Mercedes. I am glad they got rid of the long air duct. The one in the picture is much better than previous "spy photos" I have seen.

why does everybody gets nervous when there is porsche and ferrari on the same post? as for me they are not comparable ,they are so different..relax guys..

Quote:
    they are so different

that they are ..and unfortunately so is the price

Yeah - and that price difference makes it all the more enjoyable when you destroy them coming out of a corner! Just being inflamatory really, but it was true - at least with the 996TT/360...

That said, someday I may buy one.

With Ferrari paying over sticker seems wasteful no matter how much money you have . But this time around wanted a spider .. I hope when the 997 TT Cab is out all thoughts of the Ferrari will be gone . One thing is for sure when Porsche went with the 996 the Ferrari started to look great . Carlos if you are around can you do your PhotoShop TT in black , thanks .

Quote:
    OCEAN said:
    Quote:
    they are so different

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    OCEAN said:
    Quote:
    they are so different

He meant thw difference in price to get one. You pay a substantial premium to get a Ferrari.

Quote:
    zzboba said:
    RC, why so combative?

I can be relaxed at 60 but I'm 40 now.
    Honestly, I love the F430 but it wouldn't be the car for me. I want something which doesn't attract too much attention but still outruns almost everything out on the street. Not that I really need it but it is a good feeling to know that you can...if you want to.

I owned a 996 Turbo with 543 HP on the paper. After driving such a monster, only a Enzo would be a real upgrade. The 997 Carrea S was some sort of VERY nice interlude to have fun without spending too much money. The 997 Turbo S is exactly what I was waiting for, my car for the next four years without having to regret it or to want something else.

So for the same money, I get a beast which I can easily upgrade to 600 HP and more any time I feel that way. I think you and CR need more work AND two kids and a wife to understand what it means to have only 30 minutes in such a car. When I'm 60 or over, I may come to my senses and get a more comfortable and/or relaxing car. But til then, I need a driving machine and I don't give a damn how it looks...it has to be MEAN and FAST and SAFE and it has to raise my blood pressure, my pulse and all my senses. Pure adrenalin...this is what I want.

BTW: don't forget that my first car was a Lancia Beta Coupe and I drove ONLY italian cars for the first couple of years, including the group N racing Deltas and a nice Lancia Thema 8.32 with Ferrari engine. Of course a Lancia was no Ferrari but I'm already past the italian car thing, only the Enzo would really attract me but for this kind of car, I don't have the money...and don't have the right neighborhood either.

I never understood why you sold your GT3 RS to get a F430 but at the same time I don't understand why somebody would own a F430 Spider and 996 Turbo with lots of cohones but love to drive around in a BMW 7 series Diesel (hi... ).

I can't even drive my wife's Boxster S relaxed, this is me. And the funny thing is: people who know me, know that I'm actually the most relaxed person in the world. Maybe I just need that car thing like some sort of balance therapy to keep my engine (body/brain/etc.) up and running.

For me, my car isn't a car. It is a toy. When I look at my two year old boy who loves his toy cars and carries them around with him all the time...this is ME. I love cars because I love playing with them. And even if they aren't always stylish (my son rips off the wheels, doors, mirrors, etc. from his toy cars but still loves to play with those wrecks), I love playing with them.

Too much money has gone down the drain for nice cars but who are just nice but no real fun like my former E55 AMG.
    Ferrari never attracted me, don't know why. Maybe I was too involved with italian cars, mechanics, engineers and Fiat, I may not have too much sympathy left for them.

But again: the F430 is in my opinion the most beautiful and best Ferrari available up to date, so you should be happy with your decision. I got the Porsche virus...can't help it, there is no cure.

RC have you driven a 430 ?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    780533 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442478 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263281 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261590 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85745 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5891 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881323 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    818569 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM