Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Update on 360 Modena Facelift

As a new member, I'd like to compliment you on this site.

I took delivery of my 360 last November. I owned three NSX's through the nineties and expected the Modena to be better, but not this good. I was very surprised to find this level of quality, sophistication and civility in an Italian sports car. Although the Gallardo has betters spec's, it's hard to accept that it's a better all round car. Maybe.

You mention a "very reliable source," but then speak of "rumors" about the V10 engine. Does that mean your source did not confirm or discuss that? And, are we talking about an entirely new car in 2005?

Thank you,

Thom...

Quote:
    As a new member, I'd like to compliment you on this site.

I took delivery of my 360 last November. I owned three NSX's through the nineties and expected the Modena to be better, but not this good. I was very surprised to find this level of quality, sophistication and civility in an Italian sports car. Although the Gallardo has betters spec's, it's hard to accept that it's a better all round car. Maybe.

You mention a "very reliable source," but then speak of "rumors" about the V10 engine. Does that mean your source did not confirm or discuss that? And, are we talking about an entirely new car in 2005?

Thank you,

Thom...

Thom, if I want to be honest, I have to speak about rumors because even if I did hear this from a pretty reliable source, I don't have anything written black on white.
    So as long as I don't see an official press release, a top secret document from Ferrari or a written statement from LM, I consider everything I hear (even if it is from... ) a rumor. This is only fair I guess. BTW: nice try.

Dear RC,

Thank you for your response. I'm in New York, by the way. My last visit to Germany was in '91, just before they took Check-Point-Charlie away. I love your country. I remember being upset with a bartender in Berlin for taking so long with my draft. Later she explained that the beer keg is under high pressure and must be despensed slowly. within five to seven minutes and with no more than three pulls. I may have that wrong, but it was the best damn beer I've ever had.

My best,

Thom...

P.S, What does BTW: nice try mean?

Hi RC,

is your source a member of this board?

or only our mystic oracle? ;-)

Best, Floren.

Quote:
    Hi RC,

is your source a member of this board?

or only our mystic oracle? ;-)

Best, Floren.

No.

Quote:
    Dear RC,

Thank you for your response. I'm in New York, by the way. My last visit to Germany was in '91, just before they took Check-Point-Charlie away. I love your country. I remember being upset with a bartender in Berlin for taking so long with my draft. Later she explained that the beer keg is under high pressure and must be despensed slowly. within five to seven minutes and with no more than three pulls. I may have that wrong, but it was the best damn beer I've ever had.

It's always good to hear such praise about German beer!

best wishes,
    sr

Quote:
    Dear RC,

My best,

Thom...

Thanks.
    Well, I must say I love YOUR country.
    So much, that I'm every year in the US, spending my holiday with my family (mostly Florida...Ft. Lauderdale and Orlando).
    There is no better place for the kids than Orlando.

Germany is a nice place (hey, we build nice cars and have good beer, right?;) ) but sometimes it sucks.
    Especially regarding politics but also people who are very envious. But I stop now, I don't want to make your german beer taste bad.

Germany has always seemed like a rather appealing place to me(maybe its the cars?). I know theres more to the place than that and would like to see all of what exsist there? What the people are like(envious? not good)? Please educate me RC?

Quote:
    Germany has always seemed like a rather appealing place to me(maybe its the cars?). I know theres more to the place than that and would like to see all of what exsist there? What the people are like(envious? not good)? Please educate me RC?

Let me put it this way: we're highly educated (one reason we always think we're the most educated people on this planet and always have to "teach" others... ), our women sometimes forget what the word "epilating" means and some even have hair on their teeth (even if they're pretty), we're the only people with culture especially compared to those primitive Americans who only have the Guggenheim and some other third class cultural places, we love fast cars but we buy Diesel cars with 250 HP engines to make sure we're evironmentally "correct", we de-badge our expensive cars because of the envious neighbors, we hate bringing our kids to McDonald's or Burger King because this is just american junk food but we like feeding them with a 1000 calorie per piece german Bratwurst full of dripping fat and junk from the slaughterhouse, we love to watch german movies because even if they're bad and boring they don't represent the money making US Hollywood movie industry and... OK, I stop now because some of our german Users might kill me instantly.
    Oh, forgot one thing: we love others to do the "dirty work" for us, especially when it comes to politics and international conflicts. Hey hell, Germany is just a tiny third world country, what do we need world politics...let this do somebody else.

Sorry, guys...just in a bad mood after talking to a neighbor today. We wanted to go to Legoland Germany (pretty near to my place) with our kids but he refused to go there because he's "boycotting US products" since the Iraq war.
    BTW: Legoland is NOT American but it shows somehow people's stupidity. Last week we were talking about our little girl's birthday party (she's 3 soon) and we wanted to take it place at McDonald's. One of the mothers of one of our daughter's Kindergarten friends refused going there, saying that this is only American junk and she doesn't want her kid to eat that stuff.
    BTW: Germans are not anti-American, really not. But some people (especially intellectuals) seem to have lost their brains.

Well unfortuanetly it seems that a lot of people from other countries confuse "Americans" or "American" w/ George Bush. Im not going to state my opinion on the war and what not, beacause it's out of my control and there is nothing you, I, or anyone else can do about it. I for one cannot stand fast food in general, but bad food exsist everywhere. Thats very interesting that people are that envious of someone else beacause of what kind of car they drive to the point where you have to remove the model designation/s? Do neighbors vanadalize eachothers belongings(cars)? Im sure however from what I have seen that Germany is a very beautiful country(in some parts as in anywhere else you go in the world). I would love to try some of the roads and autobahns there. Perhaps next summer?

Last news I heard:

Updated Modena due in Summer 2004, presented earlier at the Geneva motorshow; Modena chassis with some minor exterior changes, new 4.2 l-V8 from Maserati, most probably 5-valve head, delivering approximately 460 hp.

Total new model presented in 2005 (Frankfurt motorshow?). No signs of V10.

regards
    sr

Quote:
    Last news I heard:

Updated Modena due in Summer 2004, presented earlier at the Geneva motorshow; Modena chassis with some minor exterior changes, new 4.2 l-V8 from Maserati, most probably 5-valve head, delivering approximately 460 hp.

That's nearly the same what I've heard and read a while ago, except the high power increase of 60hp. I thought, that it would be "only" 30-40hp, but that's, as I said, a while ago and could be outdated.

Quote:

Total new model presented in 2005 (Frankfurt motorshow?). No signs of V10.

I don't think, that Ferrari will introduce the all-new Modena already one year after the updated Modena. Because of 2 reasons:
    1. It would be senseless to develop and introduce an updated model and produce it for only one year.
    2. The Maranello will get it's successor BEFORE the Modena-successor will be introduced.

But maybe there's another opportunity (it's just a guess, but it's not completely made up...) :
    There won't be a Modena-facelift, but the all-new Modena (maybe with a V10, who know's?) will be brought forward.

BMH

Quote:

I don't think, that Ferrari will introduce the all-new Modena already one year after the updated Modena. Because of 2 reasons:
    1. It would be senseless to develop and introduce an updated model and produce it for only one year.
    2. The Maranello will get it's successor BEFORE the Modena-successor will be introduced.
    BMH

ad 1: Ferrari already did so with the F 512 M, which replaced the F 512 TR and was offered for only one year.
    ad 2: The Maranello successor was originally planned for 2004, but is delayed. There would be the possibility for it at Geneva 2005.

regards
    sr

I don't think there is going to be a modificata version of the Modena, although it would really make sense, after all if you look at the past Ferrari hasn't done this to its 8 cyl. models.
    I think it's more likely a replacement which shares the 360's chassis and with a highly strung (5 valves) version of the engine in the Maserati.Since Ferrari has to bring out a totally new 456 replacement, a totally new Maranello replacement and this Modena replacement, what becomes crucial is the timing...
    I hope the info RC got of a V10 is true, but it sounds too good to be true...

Floren: I'm going to Frankfurt, but not sure which day.When will you be there?

Quote:
    I don't think there is going to be a modificata version of the Modena,

i do not believe in the rumours about the modena modificata any more either. the only sense would be that they can implant the maser V8 at an earlier stage (which would increase HP and reduce some costs probably).

i believe that the challenge stradale has somehow become the "facelift" to bridge the time gap until the complete new model is ready.

Quote:
    Quote:
    I don't think there is going to be a modificata version of the Modena,

i do not believe in the rumours about the modena modificata any more either. the only sense would be that they can implant the maser V8 at an earlier stage (which would increase HP and reduce some costs probably).

i believe that the challenge stradale has somehow become the "facelift" to bridge the time gap until the complete new model is ready.

There's no need that they have to call it "modificata"

best wishes
    sr

Quote:

There's no need that they have to call it "modificata"

best wishes
    sr

The modificata is just the term usually used by Ferrari for a revised model.The point I'm making is that IMO they will introduce a Modena replacement alltogether, which will probably differ less from its predecessor, like the 355 with the 348, a replacement but with the same basic chassis and body.Main difference is going to be engine-wise...

What I don't understand is how they are going to be able to dish out three new models (their whole lineup) in a one year or 18 months timeframe...

The modificata is just the term usually used by Ferrari for a revised model.The point I'm making is that IMO they will introduce a Modena replacement alltogether, which will probably differ less from its predecessor, like the 355 with the 348, a replacement but with the same basic chassis and body.Main difference is going to be engine-wise...

What I don't understand is how they are going to be able to dish out three new models (their whole lineup) in a one year or 18 months timeframe...

...that's what I've always said: a revised Modena sharing the same chassis with the current car, but with new engine (Maserati V8 with more power). Time could be crucial.

Luigi, how long do you think will that revised Modena will be for sale?

regards
    sr

Hi Luigi,

I'll be in Frankfurt during the press days. Sept. 9th and 10th.

Hope to see you there.

Best, Floren.

Ferrari will introduce the new 460 replacement this coming year 2004 and I would think they would follow with the 575 replacement the next year, 2005. Thus, I would think the first year we will see the 360 replacement would be 2006. Besides, the 360 Spider is still hard to get here in California. Meanwhile, they are trying to maintain existing Maserati sales and bring on the new Quatroporte in 2004. Seems to me they are busy.

Passion and ownership

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    779894 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442375 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263177 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261491 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85695 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5845 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881205 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    818061 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM