Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

F1: Kimi unlucky again.

From www.f1.com :
    Engine-change blow for Raikkonen
    Finn still quickest, but faces uphill race battle

As usual a 10 place drop for Kimi and girlieman Feminando Homonso gets the championship handed to him...what a surprise.
    Hopefully there will be some justice in the end.
    Personally, I'm hoping for a broken nail for Feminando.
    This will defiantely force him to retire from the rest of the events and hence deminish his championship chances.

Such is life: The best and fastest driver -without any doubt - now possibly loses the championship due to crappy MB quality.
    It is sad indeed.

At least women all over the World will be pleased to see that one of their sisters is doing so well. And if she goes on to win the championship they will be extatic. Yes, Feminando is truly the hero of her sisters.

Re: F1: Kimi unlucky again.

Yet when Kimi wins thanks to having a car that is in another league compared to Renault, Toyota, Ferrari, and the rest of the grid, you don't say "lucky Kimi today!", he got the fastest car!

Lets be realistic, McLaren is sacrificing reliablity in order to have the fastest car by far in the lineup, so some races Kimi wins easily thanks to having the fastest car, and other he looses thanks to having a more unreliable car.

And I guess Fernando "lucky" again, right? he gets his 3rd fastest qualifying lap handed down to him, the fastest of the non-McLarens... the rumors in the pit box say that all the other non-Mclaren drivers purposedly did a slower qualifying in order to allow Fernando to be the fastest!

For the first time in a long time in F1, a driver without the fastest car in the line-up is going to win the championship, and being the youngest in F1 history at it too

One thing to note, I hope Kimi doesn't get involved in a crash in one of the first two chicanes on the start of the race, cause coming out in the middle of the pack is very dangerous in Monza since cars tend to collide there at the laaunch. That would be very unfortuante so lets hope he clears that part OK.

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Yet when Kimi wins thanks to having a car that is in another league compared to Renault, Toyota, Ferrari, and the rest of the grid, you don't say "lucky Kimi today!", he got the fastest car!

Erm...no? Why would having the fastest car have anything to do with luck?? It isnt the fastest car by accident. It's fast because McL did a good job.

And it isn't luck when one of F1's best pilots drives the fastest car to victory.
    Some may feel that Kimi has it way too easy because the car is fast, but in that case it's strange that Monty hasnt won as many times as Kimi.

I have a hard time seeing how Kimi is lucky for having a fast car and being a good driver. As far as I remember he still hasnt won a single race due to Feminando's bad luck.
    Feminando - on the other hand - has only won 2 races himself. The rest was due to Kimi's bad luck and one case of seriously bad judgement on McL's part. Do the math.
    Feminando is a paella-munchin Backdoor Boys fudgepacker-bearded girlieman...though I'm not really sure about the man-part.

Sure, winning an F1 championship is about having the best TOTAL package. Not just speed and driving skills.

But this is like watching a boxing match between a superior super heavyweight master and a midget.
    The midget gets the crap beaten out of him, but ends up winning nonetheless, because the heavyweight master's gloves fall apart due to bad stitching.

The midget may win technically - but he didnt win for real.
    Same with Feminando.
    They can crown him all they like. He still isn't the King. Merely a queen.

Feminando is an ok driver - but he isn't in the same league as Kimi IMO.
    I like drivers who are brave, bold, fast, skilled, fair and cool.
    Others like drivers who are lucky, feminine and wear little beards.
    Now, which one do you prefer, Carlito?

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:

But this is like watching a boxing match between a superior super heavyweight master and a midget.
    The midget gets the crap beaten out of him, but ends up winning nonetheless, because the heavyweight master's gloves fall apart due to bad stitching.

The midget may win technically - but he didnt win for real.
    Same with Feminando.
    They can crown him all they like. He still isn't the King. Merely a queen.

Hahaha, this is getting funny or just stupid. Last time I checked the car was part of the equation in F1 too, not just the driver. The waterboy can be the best/fastest driver all he wants, but as long as SauRon and his incompentent orcs fail to give him a car that is fastest AND finishes races without braking down or having to change the engine he will not be worldchampion.

Speed gets you on pole (or 11th position if you're in a McLaren ), consistency makes you worldchampion. And that is why Alonso is currently leading the championship and is a worthy winner, if he wins this year. He is consistently fast, makes very few mistakes, and his car doesn't break down.

McLaren and engine manufacturer Ill-mor on the other hand have pushed the envelope too far, as the have the last few years (MP4-18 anyone?). This is down to bad leadership by SauRon IMO, who always has to have the latest, biggest, fastest, coolest. If you have seen the McLaren motorhome you'll know what I mean.

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Erm...no? Why would having the fastest car have anything to do with luck?? It isnt the fastest car by accident. It's fast because McL did a good job.

Oh boy Philly, you just argumented in favor of your friend Michael Schumacher! I still remember you saying the opposite when talking about Schumi and his easy victories with his superior Ferrari in the previous seasons...

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:Feminando is an ok driver - but he isn't in the same league as Kimi IMO.

Now that down right is funny! its like Nick talking about Porsches...

One thing is to cheer for Kimi, another is to be completely unrealistic about a driver just because he is Kimi's closest competitor. Just give credit were its due... bottom line: you can't be the youngest driver to win a world championship in F1 history and do it without the fastest car in the line up, with... "luck"

They have both been the fastest drivers of the season, but one has been not only fast, but reliable, made the most out of the car he was given, ran intelligent race strategies/paces, made few mistakes, and cool under pressure. And he will be the champion at the end of this season for that. Next season whow knows.

BTW, looks like the tifossi turnout at Monza is beuing very scarce, they are practically giving away the tickets to fill the stands. Wonder why

It's not the car's fault, it's Kimi's. He can't keep his car in one piece. Period.
    This is, what, his 7th blowup? And Montoya had none, with an identical engine?

To be a champion one needs to know how to extract the whole potential of a car. Blowing it up and then blaming the engineers is not the mark of a champion.

Oh, Carlito, Carlito....tsk-tsk.
    Just to make it easier for you to understand, I will say this in Spanish.
    Yes, I am fluent in Spanish, too.
    Hola, donde esta la biblioteca?
    Dos cervesas por favor.
    Los Girlieman esta una slow drivos con ballos smalles and luckos grandiosos.
    Es is solemente because feminando es un señorita españoles that you lovos him and his skillos.
    Si tu usos your brainos, you will know que es is evidamenta, that Kimi is los pilotos mejor, bestos e plus quickos.
    And soi un sneaky feeling that Carlitos has big amore crush on Feminando.
    Questa amore para Feminando cloudos your judgementos!

Vamos a www.f1.com e lookos at la scoreboardos. Here you will discovere que Feminando solemente winnos e set le pole positos quando Kimi's automobilos es caputos.

Una campione girliemandos e pateticos!

Goodbye-os!

Quote:
    brunner said:
    It's not the car's fault, it's Kimi's. He can't keep his car in one piece. Period.

To be a champion one needs to know how to extract the whole potential of a car. Blowing it up and then blaming the engineers is not the mark of a champion.

I believe Kimi's balls are too heavy for the construction of the car...
    Or maybe he has too much ice onboard?

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Quote:
    brunner said:

I believe Kimi's balls are too heavy for the construction of the car...

I'm not too worried about Kimi. I think it's better they get the problems worked out now and not suffer tomorrow. He has the skills and the car to fight his way back to the top, IF the McLaren stays reliable throughout the race that is. I'm hoping to see a good battle with Alonso tomorrow.

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:

Why doesn't he cool the engine with that ice then?

Ok, time for a history lesson... Check out the history of both drivers and compare who is a "natural born" winner/racer, or as you call it "lucky driver" :

Quote:
    Kimi Raikkonen
    Birthdate:October 17th 1979
    History:

1987 - First time in kart
    1988 - Karting, some wins in Classes A, B and C
    1989 - Karting, some wins in Classes A, B and C
    1990 - Karting, some wins in Classes A, B and C
    1991 - National karting, Class Mini
    1992 - National karting, Class Raket Junior
    1993 - National karting, Class Raket, Finnish Cup, 9th overall.
    1994 - National karting, Class Raket, Finnisch Cup, 2nd overall.
    1995 - Formula A Karting: first race, and first win, 23rd April.
    1996 - Karting Grand Prix (European Series)World Championship races and Nordic Championship racesno wins in Finnish Championship, Class Formula A, finished 4th overall
    1997 - Finnish Championship, Class Intercontinental A, ChampionNordic Championship, Class Intercontinental A, 4th overall Karting Grand Prix and World Championship races

1998 - Finnish Championship, class Formula A, ChampionNordic Championship, ChampionClass Formula Intercontinental A, European Karting Grand Prix, winner; Super A, 2nd overallMonaco Cup, class Super A, 3rd overall World Championship, Formula Super A, retired from 7th position
    1999 - Finnish Championship, Class Formula A, 2nd overall World Championship, class Formula Super A, 10th First Formula Renault race, 3rd Formula Renault Winter Series, with Manor Motorsport - winner, four wins from four races
    2000 - British Renault 2000, Champion with Manor Motorsport, seven wins, six pole positions, seven fastest laps. Finished on the podium in all 10 races contested; European Formula Renault Championship: competed in only three rounds, two wins, two pole positions, two fastest laps.
    2001 - Formula 1: Red Bull Sauber Petronas, 10th, 9 points
    2002 - Formula 1: West McLaren Mercedes, 6th, 24 points (1 second, 3 thirds)
    2003 - Formula 1: West McLaren Mercedes, 2nd, 91 points (1 win)
    2004 - Formula 1: West McLaren Mercedes, 7th, 45 points (1 win)
    2005 - Formula 1:

Quote:
    Fernando Alonso
    Birthdate:July 29th 1981
    History:

1988 - 1990 Karting Infant Category. Asturias Champion (won all 8 races), winner Galicia's Championship, winner Asturias Championship.
    1990 - 1991 Karting Cadet Category. Winner Asturias Championship, winner Vasc Championship, second Spanish Championship.
    1993 - 1994 Karting Junior Category. Winner Spanish Championship.
    1995 - Winner Spanish Championship, third World Championship.
    1996 - Karting Junior Category. Winner World and Spanish Championship Winner Trofeo Estival (Italy) and Marlboro Masters.
    1997 - 1998 Karting Inter-A Category. Winner Spanish and Italian Championship, second in European Championship (9 wins).
    1999 - Winner Euro-Open Movistar Nissan single-seater series (9 Pole positions, Six wins, 8 fastest laps).
    2000 - FIA International F3000 Championship (Team Astromega). Finished 6th Austria, 2nd Hungary 1st Belgium, ranked fourth in final championship standings Formula 3000 World Championship classification. Test driver for the Mindardi Team.
    2001 - Formula 1: driver European Minardi F1
    2002 - Test driver for Renault F1
    2003 - Formula 1: Mild Seven Renault F1 Team, 6th place, 55 points (1 win, 4 podium finishes, 2 pole positions, 1 fastest lap)
    2004 - Formula 1: Mild Seven Renault F1 Team, 4th place, 59 points (4 podium finishes, 1 pole position)
    2005 - Formula 1: World Champion?

Speaking of lesson. I have looked at the actual data for this season.
    Check this out:

Australian GP
    Winner: Fisichella, started on pole
    Alonso: 3rd, started 13th!! Nice.
    Kimi: 8th, 39 secs after Fisi, started 10th
    Fastest Lap: Feminando

Malaysian GP:
    Winner: Feminando, started on pole
    Kimi: 9th, 81 secs after, started 6th
    Fastest Lap: Kimi Räikkönen
    Kimi had 3 pitstops (as the only driver) due to tech problems.
    Note: Feminando gets victory on a silver platter.

Bahrain GP:
    Winner: Feminando, started on pole
    Kimi: 3rd, 32 secs after, started 9th
    Fastest Lap: Pedro de la Rosa
    Note: Feminando wins fair and square

San Marino GP:
    Winner: Feminando, started 2nd
    Kimi: He had pole position. Retired due to driveshaft problems.
    Fastest Lap: Schumi
    Note: Feminando gets victory on a silver platter.

Spanish
    Winner: Kimi. Started on pole
    Feminando 2nd, 27 secs after, started 3rd
    Fastest lap: Fisi

Monaco
    Winner: Kimi, started on pole
    Feminando: 4th, 36 secs after, started 2nd
    Fastest lap: Schumi

European
    Winner: Feminando, started 6th
    Kimi: 11th, started 2nd
    Fastest lap: Feminando
    Note: Kimi drives like a maniac and damages suspension on last lap.
    Silver platter for Feminando.

Canadian
    Winner: Kimi, started 7th
    Feminando: Out with suspension problems. Started 3rd
    Fastest lap: Kimi
    Note: Kimi catches a break and gets victory on an old and worn bronce platter.

United States
    Winner: Schumi
    Rest retired.

French
    Winner: Feminando, started pole
    Kimi: 2nd, started 13 !!!
    Kimi got penalty for engine swap.
    Another silver platter for Feminando!

British GP:
    Winner: Monty
    Feminando: 2nd (started pole)
    Kimi: 3rd, started 12 !!!
    Note: Another 10 spot penalty for Kimi and another silver platter for Feminando

German
    Winner: Feminando (started 3rd)
    Kimi: Had pole position but retires with hydraulics problems!!!
    Silver platter again for Feminando

Hungarian
    Winner: Kimi, started 4th
    Feminando: 11th, started 6th

Turkish GP:
    Winner: Kimi, started on pole
    Feminando: 2nd, started 3rd
    Fastest lap: Monty

Summary:

Wins:
    Feminando: 6
    Kimi: 5

Fastest laps:
    Feminando: 2
    Kimi: 6

Poles:
    Feminando: 4

Retired:
    Feminando: 1
    Kimi: 3

10-spot penalties due to tech problems:
    Feminando: 0
    Kimi: 2

Times Kimi had tech problems that caused Feminando to either advance or win:
    6 !!! (Please count)

Times Feminando had tech problems that caused Kimi to either advance or win:

Of course, tech problems is part of F1, and you cant claim the title if your package doesnt work.
    Vice versa you CAN claim the title if you are not the fastest driver, but your material lasts.
    But I believe it's pretty clear that Feminando wouldnt have gotten to where he is, if Kimi's package hadn't been unreliable.

We're playingt the "what if"-game here...which is totally irrelevant reg the championship. What is done is done.
    But if you look at the numbers, the poles, fastest laps and believe that most of Kimi's breakdowns were not caused by bad driving...and still believe Feminando is the fastest driver in F1 -....you have to be spanish!

If somehow it turned out to be Kimi's driving that caused all the breakdowns, I would call him a pretty bad driver and hail Feminando.
    For now I believe Kimi has had bad luck and ONE case of seriously stupid handling that caused the suspension to break.

...but it's nice that Feminando was a good gokart driver. That's pretty cute...
    Whoohoo!
    And you're right. Most of Feminando's nice performances are collecting dust in the history books. He's had his 15 minutes of fame. Now back to obscurity.

"good gokart driver" well how about World Formula One Chmapion? seriously, did you see what a "lucky" racing curriculum Fernando has?

About the what if game, you consider the "what if" given the equally technical problems... now consider the "what if" given equally fast cars

Carlos from Spain said:
    Quote:
    BTW, looks like the tifossi turnout at Monza is beuing very scarce, they are practically giving away the tickets to fill the stands. Wonder why

It will be a sad day in Italy as an era ends. If Schumi doesn't finish ahead of Alonso, he's mathematically out of the championship. For that to happen, a space ship would have to beam Fernando up during the race.

Hi - Just a friendly request for us North Americans who see the action on tape delay - Please don't post any info in the subject line that will give any hints to the results of the Quali or Race. Saying something like "Caution F1 Spoiler Info Inside" or something like that would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Quote:
    Grant said:
    Hi - Just a friendly request for us North Americans who see the action on tape delay - Please don't post any info in the subject line that will give any hints to the results of the Quali or Race. Saying something like "Caution F1 Spoiler Info Inside" or something like that would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

I second this!

Delay? Oh, you guys are out west. The championship could very well be decided in the last two races, Japan and China. I can't stay up that late Eastern time. Gotta love that TiVo.

Quote:
    LowPolarMoment said:
    Delay? Oh, you guys are out west. The championship could very well be decided in the last two races, Japan and China. I can't stay up that late Eastern time. Gotta love that TiVo.

I have TiVo - It comes on live (5:30AM), but I watch it when I wake up. Sometimes I check computer stuff first before watching though...

Quote:
    Grant said:

Many thanks

You dont have F1 live in the US?
    ..or you dont wanna get up/stay up late at night to watch?

I'll try to keep the spoilers off the subject line.

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    You dont have F1 live in the US?
    ..or you dont wanna get up/stay up late at night to watch?

I'll try to keep the spoilers off the subject line.

Dr. Phil - Thanks! yeah, we get most races live (but at 5:30 AM for the Euro races) and some races we have on a different network that are delayed by many hours (and with terribly tv commentary). Thanks again!

Carlito, I take your lack of an attempt to refute my argument as a sign of frustration and realisation that I'm right.
    I can imagine you're thinking..."Damn, that Doc Pippydip really IS the undisputed king of F1-commentary, and Kimi really IS the King of F1...and what was I thinking? Being a fan of Feminando??? Thank you Doc Dip Piddipop!! Thank you!"

Well, Carlito.
    You are very welcome.
    You got led astray by the lure that is patriotism. Your mind was clouded and your eyes blinded by the little snot-beard Feminando wears as a bib.
    But now you are back. Back to sanity.

Here...have a hankie and check out these numbers again:

Wins:
    Feminando: 6

Fastest laps:
    Feminando: 2
    Kimi: 6

Poles:
    Feminando: 4

Retired:
    Feminando: 1
    Kimi: 3

10-spot penalties due to tech problems:
    Feminando: 0
    Kimi: 2

Times Kimi had tech problems that caused Feminando to either advance or win:
    6 !!! (Please count)

Times Feminando had tech problems that caused Kimi to either advance or win:

Sure, all that shows is that one driver has a faster car and the other driver has been more reliable, which is no news, but you forgot to mention the champinship points in those stats for a second time... those got to mean something, no? One has a world of differece in points on the other inspite that the difference of non-score races is just one = Championship winner! ... face it bow to the "natural born winner"

For those who might not be aware, there is a site www.Formula1.com that has live timing during the practices, qualifying and race. You can see every driver's time in every sector plus lots more info, real time. It's a great supplement to watching the race on tv.

Read it and weep, Dr. Phil. Both McLarens and both Renaults ran very good races. Unfortunately for the Icelady, it wasn't good enough. Everyone finished the race for the first time in decades, though!

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    face it bow to the "natural born winner"

[Yaaaaaaawn]
    As usual (what is this...the 7th time??) Homoso gets the points served on a silver platter without doing zip for them.
    Indeed a worthy champion.

Like the Danish commentator said during the last stages of the race: "McLaren could just as well send the championship laurels to Homoso. Homoso himself isn't doing much to win-and doesnt have to. I have never seen such bad luck with one driver, and such good luck with another".

Yet again we see clearly, that Homoso is doing nothing to win the race. His performance was so boring the TV-producers chose to hardly to show him during the whole race.
    If everyone drove like Feminando, there would be no F1. People would simply be bored out of their friggin skulls.

Start eleventh, lose a tyre, spin off...and still manage to end up no 4.
    Oh, and for good measure overtake the leading driver.
    THAT's how champions are made and that's the kinda champion I want!
    But of course I'm not spanish, nor am I fascinated by girlieboys.
    I thought spanish people in general had passion, guts, pride and hailed brave, manly performances. I stand corrected

Monty -on the other hand- represented the spanish-speaking community brilliantly. Showed amazing balls thru the last 5 laps.
    Must have been pretty hot in that car... ooh-hu!

A sad day for F1.
    Weaseling your way to a championship apparently works well.
    "Don't try to win....just hope the others are unlucky".
    That's the way championships are won...and true losers are made.

Let's hope there is some justice in Life, and Feminando will get what he deserves. I'm embarrassed that his name might actually appear on the same list as those of Ayrton Senna, Schumacher, Hakkinen and Prost.
    At least these guys actually WON the championship.

Must be really painful too see how your loverboy is such a loser

Even his team mate knows how to bring the car to the finish line in one piece

You are so out of touch from reality its not even funny, Dr.Phil. Get a grip on yourself. Fernando was the fastest of the non-McLaren cars on the race and made NO mistakes... once again. Can Kimi say the same thing today?
    Thats how you become a champion at the and of the season. Yet another PERFECT race from Alonso.
    Like brunner says, and Montoya brings it home once again with the same car. I can only imagine if Alonso or Schummacher had a McLaren too, what they would be able to do then!

Also, its my duty to break it to you but, when a driver gets out of the pit stop after pumping 100kg of fuel into the tank and gets passed by another driver who is running on an empty tank before his pit stop, its hardly called an overtake or worth getting exited about its Formula One 101 basics.

I understand your delusional state, so I will ignore your comment on "I thought spanish people in general had passion, guts, pride and hailed brave, manly performances." Like I said, get a grip or you are really going to suffer in just about one or two races

Quote:
    brunner said:
    Must be really painful too see how your loverboy is such a loser

Even his team mate knows how to bring the car to the finish line in one piece

Carlos, do you really tolerate that Brunner talks to you like this?
    Hooohooo!

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    ...when a driver gets out of the pit stop after pumping 100kg of fuel into the tank and gets passed by another driver who is running on an empty tank before his pit stop, its hardly called an overtake or worth getting exited about its Formula One 101 basics.

Right. So very true.
    And the fact that Kimi gained 7 places (despite extra pitstop and spinning on the track) while Homonso wasnt even close to gaining one single spot despite Monty's tyre problem was just..smart planning from Feminando.

Wow! This Feminando is truly a clever driver.
    Lol!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689667 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409309 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255789 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235012 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65536 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4649 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858067 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774118 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM