Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: ready to order 430,opinions and help needed plz!!!

Just got back from my dealership. Sales Manager said my 430 will be delivered in April. I couldn't ask for better timing. Got an option list.

Can anyone give some recommendations as well please before I place my order. He said we will sit down again to go over options at the end of October.

So far -

Corsa/ Black
    CCM's.
    Corsa calipers
    Racing seats
    Shields
    Leather headliner
    Leather rear bench
    maybe CS style steering wheel (top in red)
    Tire pressure
    Fire Ext.

Didn't realize until I got home that this option list doesn't have the interior carbon options. Does anyone have a list of carbon options and price US ?

Just not certain if I'm going to keep the interior all black or use red stitch like in my Stradale. One thing is for sure red stitching looks strange in all the pictures I've seen. In person it looks different and much better. Best pic I found was sent to me yesterday. Here:

Quote:
    Ziggy said:
    How do you know it is Jean Tod's car?
    In France he used to drive a black 575M, with black tinted glasses and black-painted wheels, and a diplomatic license plate from the Republic of San Marino (He is one of the ambassadors, along with M.Shumacher).

Hi Ziggy, if you're talking about the black 575 of Jean Todt, how do you like this pic?

Quote:
    Ziggy said:
    Rossi, thx for the pictures Is it TDF Blue ?

How do you know it is Jean Tod's car?
    Seems like he likes special wheels, as the ones of his spider are chromed ones.

Yes, I think it's TDF. The wheels are the "ball polished rims" you can get from the factory (new option for all modells). And to answer your question, how I know that this is Jean Todt's car.
    Well, I could lie and tell you Jean is very good friend of mine. But this picture tells the truth:

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Just got back from my dealership. Sales Manager said my 430 will be delivered in April. I couldn't ask for better timing. Got an option list.

Can anyone give some recommendations as well please before I place my order. He said we will sit down again to go over options at the end of October.

So far -

Corsa/ Black
    CCM's.
    Corsa calipers
    Racing seats
    Shields
    Leather headliner
    Leather rear bench
    Tire pressure
    Fire Ext.

Didn't realize until I got home that this option list doesn't have the interior carbon options. Does anyone have a list of carbon options and price US ?

Congrats so far. Will be a hot spring for you STRADALE.

Concerning your options:

- if you get the rear bench in leather, have in mind that part of your door sills will also come in leather

- is the TPM really troublefree?

- I have only Euro prices for the CF options. CF dashboard (gauges, steering wheel, paddles etc.) 3365.--, CF interior kit (centre console, sills etc.) 3480.--, CF kit for engine bay 7540.--

Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Congrats on the new 430. You don't mention the gearbox...have we gotten to the point where we assume F1 for new Ferraris, or are you actually getting the 6-spd?

Here's a little info on the "carbon driving zone": it includes carbon steering wheel and spokes/manettino/start button surround, paddles and instrument cluster surround. Cost: $4200.

Gary

Quote:
    tdf360 said:
    Here's a little info on the "carbon driving zone": it includes carbon steering wheel and spokes/manettino/start button surround, paddles and instrument cluster surround. Cost: $4200.

That's right. I just remembered some US prices. CF in the engine bay: $ 9200.

Yes Rossi, this is the one I am talking about
    Man, where did you get tese pictures ?

I live (and drive !) in Paris, and there is no way I would take a ferrari in there, maybe unless I have diplomatic license plates!

In Maranello, at least least year, he has a midnight blue with black leather Maserati QP with "chauffeur".

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

So far -

Corsa/ Black
    CCM's.
    Corsa calipers
    Racing seats
    Shields
    Leather headliner
    Leather rear bench
    Tire pressure
    Fire Ext.

Congrats so far. Will be a hot spring for you STRADALE.

Concerning your options:

- if you get the rear bench in leather, have in mind that part of your door sills will also come in leather

- is the TPM really troublefree?

- I have only Euro prices for the CF options. CF dashboard (gauges, steering wheel, paddles etc.) 3365.--, CF interior kit (centre console, sills etc.) 3480.--, CF kit for engine bay 7540.--

THANKS! Yeah, I guess the 430 is going to come before the 997 Turbo cab. Maybe around the same time, not sure of that cabs timing.

I like the sills in leather. The CS's sills are painted rather crudely so the change to something more finished for a more luxery type car will be nice I think.

Is there issues w/ the TPM ?

I like the CF dash and paddles but not sure about the wheel in CF. Do you know can the paddles be ordered without the wheel ? I'm not going w/ the CF engine comp't - I'll save that for the 430CS. And I think the center consule looks better in leather for this car. What currency is that Rossi ?

Thanks for the help.

Quote:
    tdf360 said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Congrats on the new 430. You don't mention the gearbox...have we gotten to the point where we assume F1 for new Ferraris, or are you actually getting the 6-spd?

Gary

Thanks a lot Gary.

Yup. After the experience with the F1 in my CS it's the only way I'd consider ordering a 430. Same reason for me ordering CCM's.

I think it has gotten to the point where we can assume it's a F1 car. Don't remember what I read as the ratio F1 to stick but the vast majority will be ordered F1.

If you only order the dash is that a no cost choice between aluminum and carbon or is there a cost to the CF only dash ?

my black car's interior/////carta da zucchero//////most of you find it hideous////for me, lovely.

seats

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    If you only order the dash is that a no cost choice between aluminum and carbon or is there a cost to the CF only dash ?

Yes, the dash is either CF or aluminum, no cost option. I think the F1/6-spd ratio was originally thought to be 80/20, but it appears to more like 95/5. Being the Luddite that I am, mine is a 6-spd.

Gary

seat

Quote:
    STRADALE said:

So far -

Corsa/ Black
    CCM's.
    Corsa calipers
    Racing seats
    Shields
    Leather headliner
    Leather rear bench
    Tire pressure
    Fire Ext.

Just not certain if I'm going to keep the interior all black or use red stitch like in my Stradale. One thing is for sure red stitching looks strange in all the pictures I've seen. In person it looks different and much better. Best pic I found was sent to me yesterday. Here:

Congrats, Strad....great timing.
    Is this a Spider?....hope so, given your passion for cabs....and this is a wkend, fair-weather car w/a great exhaust note...
    Why not scud red? It's a loud, look-at-me F...why back off w/a conserv red?
    Gotta get deviated stitching...F's (and P's) look much better w/it....a more bespoke look, o/w it looks like an off-the-rack 55/65...
    May want to ask re: availability of red belts, ala P
    Leather steering wheel w/red stitching demarcating 12:00 is awesome
    Would def take a few cf pieces...like cf paddles, dash inserts, instru surrd...but agree leather console is nicer than cf
    I'd get cf around engine bay....F doesn't put the engine in a glass display case to be demure....gotta put "race-look" jewelry around it
    Fire ext...why? If seriously injured/unconscious post-accid, doubt you'll be able to use fire ext. If OK post-accid, I'd get out of any car and move far away from it and the roadway.....and if car blows up, isn't that what insurance is for? On days I expect to crash, I'd drive the P anyway...

Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

So far -

Corsa/ Black
    CCM's.
    Corsa calipers
    Racing seats
    Shields
    Leather headliner
    Leather rear bench
    Tire pressure
    Fire Ext.

Congrats, Strad....great timing.
    Is this a Spider?....hope so, given your passion for cabs....and this is a wkend, fair-weather car w/a great exhaust note...
    Why not scud red? It's a loud, look-at-me F...why back off w/a conserv red?
    Gotta get deviated stitching...F's (and P's) look much better w/it....a more bespoke look, o/w it looks like an off-the-rack 55/65...
    May want to ask re: availability of red belts, ala P
    Leather steering wheel w/red stitching demarcating 12:00 is awesome
    Would def take a few cf pieces...like cf paddles, dash inserts, instru surrd...but agree leather console is nicer than cf
    I'd get cf around engine bay....F doesn't put the engine in a glass display case to be demure....gotta put "race-look" jewelry around it
    Fire ext...why? If seriously injured/unconscious post-accid, doubt you'll be able to use fire ext. If OK post-accid, I'd get out of any car and move far away from it and the roadway.....and if car blows up, isn't that what insurance is for? On days I expect to crash, I'd drive the P anyway...

Thanks. Yeah can't wait.
    It's not a Spider. I originally told the dealer I wanted a Spider which he could also get me but I changed my mind last month when I saw both the coupe and Spider next to one another at the dealer. There's a few reasons why I changed my mind.

1)My favorite lines of the car are eliminated on the Spider. The coupe imo is just a better looking car. I love the way the coupe looks from the back and the area where the roof line meets the rear fender is the cats meow.

2)I wanted the car to be about performance. As my only Ferrari I want one that is the most serious car possible. I love the whole CS theme. I want a car that is close to that idea of what is a Ferrari. Going from a CS to a Spider would be too much in another direction.

3)I have to have Racing seats and CCM's. (lots of reasons for this) In a Spider it's a little counter what the car is about. You remove the top and lose performance but then add high performance track type brakes ? Not saying that a Spider with CCM's isn't sweet. I just think the coupe is more performance oriented and Racing Seats and CCMs fit that theme better.

4) Probably the biggest reason - I already have a convertible sports car - The 997. And when the 997 Turbo cab is out I'm going to buy that car. I agree that cutting off the tops (430 or 997)doesn't help the cars looks. I think Porsche's 997 convertible is a better looking convertible VS. the 977 coupe then the 430 Spider VS. the 430 coupe. And it makes more sense to me to have a Porsche convertible which I can use and enjoy the weather commuting with it everyday in the nice months (including enjoying it with my wife and kids inside) and having a more serious drivers car (the 430 ) for the weekends etc. Having 1 of each, convertible and coupe is more attractive to me then having 2 convertibles.

Why not scud red ?
    It's what I have now. I think it was the best color for the CS because the car was designed and showed that way in scud red. It's a track car and the racing red was perfect for that model. It suits the CS the best. I want to change colors and see which one I truely like better. New car, new color that sort of thing.

I'm still not sure about the stitching. I think the sharpest dev stitch is the yellow on black leather. I've thought about buying a black car so that combo would work but I like the red better than black and the exterior color is more important to me then the interior. I'm playing with the idea of a bi-color red and black interior or maybe if I can get it using Alcantara as a way of adding contrast to all all black interior. ie) Alcantara seat back and bottom, leather side bolsters. I've seen this in a CS and it looks sick.

I don't like colored seats belts in Porsche or Ferrari. Seat belts should look like seat belts imo. They shouldn't stand out over the beautiful crafted leather and other pieces in the interior. There's no craftmenship in a seat belt making it standout more then anything else doesn't make sense to me. IMO the less you see them the better.

Why not CF in the engine bay ? It's non-functional and expensive. I like the way it looks but for $9k ? I rather use the money to pay for 50% of my CCM's. Also I have it now and when the 430CS comes out w/ the CF engine bay then it would fit the theme of the car better imo.

The Fire ext. is such a cheap option and I love the way it looks in my CS. It continues and goes with the theme of a CCM & Racing seats car. Understand what you're saying but not just for me, in case I can help somebody else. Will I ever need it ? Probably not but I rather have it and not need it then not have it and one day wish like hell I did. Honestly - Mostly it's because it looks cool.

Sorry it's another long arse post from Stradale. I got to answering your questions and before I knew it...

Strad, as usual you've really thought all this stuff through...

Yeah, I hear you on the weight issue....the 430Spider really weighs about 3600lb and 360CS was about 3150lb......sad part is 430CS will prob weigh 3300lb...or 150 lbs heavier than a 997S

Any thoughts on painted wheels? Recently spec'd a 996TTS in blk/blk w/painted wheels....and after finally getting it and seeing it live, have decided can't go back to non-painted wheels on a F/P

Hope you have a dealer/salesguy who can show you exs of cars in different colors/options b/c seeing some of this stuff live is so different than photos/guesswork in helping to formulate ideas...

Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Strad, as usual you've really thought all this stuff through...

Yeah, I hear you on the weight issue....the 430Spider really weighs about 3600lb and 360CS was about 3150lb......sad part is 430CS will prob weigh 3300lb...or 150 lbs heavier than a 997S

Any thoughts on painted wheels? Recently spec'd a 996TTS in blk/blk w/painted wheels....and after finally getting it and seeing it live, have decided can't go back to non-painted wheels on a F/P

Hope you have a dealer/salesguy who can show you exs of cars in different colors/options b/c seeing some of this stuff live is so different than photos/guesswork in helping to formulate ideas...

Interesting point. You just gave me an idea. I like the dark grey finish on CS wheels I saw last month. Definately has a performance look. They're a little darker then my favorite wheel from Porsche - the GT-Silver painted Turbo wheel.

Click on the "Hamptons Rally" on the left and then look at the Silver CS with the number "69". (3 rows of pics down)
    http://www.ferrarili.com/

What do you think of that finish on the stock F430 wheels ?

Also my car is on the 5th row of pics down. There's a better picture on the 12th row down on the very left. The movie is cool too.

Exactly. Like red stitching. It doesn't look good in photos but in person can be really sharp. In pictures the red stitch almost becomes reflective. I live about 10 miles from my dealer. It's easier to get looks at different options. But from events etc. I think I've already seen almost every color and option that interests me in person. A guy I know ordered every single CF option available. I saw the car at the above Rally. Posted some pics in Rossi's thread " New options for F430".

Strad, that CS looks great w/the ?titanium-painted wheels
    Dunno if a red/blk car would be optimal w/titanium wheels though.....I'd bet on blk wheels to play better off big red CCM calipers (esp on Enzo-style wheels) and a blk interior..
    Another consideration is how car looks in-motion....unfortunately, rarely seen by the owner...but IMO one of the coolest views of these cars is seen when alongside them at fwy speeds ....have had many non-car casual observers say what strikes them most about a relatively plebeian car like 996TTS are: the big yell PCCB calipers (even non-car chicks seem to know yell=ceramics on P's...funny, I hate color yell and I almost paid P to paint calipers red ) esp in the context of rarely seen blk wheels...and the red seat belts (esp seen across driver's torso).....one fashion chick described the various relatively uncommon flourishes of color (only on calipers, P wheel crest, belts and stitching) on a stark, intimidating blk/blk car as somewhat akin to the Brit-influenced prominently colored linings of otherwise dark, conservative bespoke suit jackets....

Titanium wheels look best at a black car IMO.

Titanium wheels also fit a black F430 (although this is a PS):

With a red F430, I could imagine black rims, but I wouldn't get them:

hey rossi

thnx for those pics--i've been convinced of blk/blk spyder, preferring to keep inside very clean and rather surgical...

i'm now convinced to go w/titanium wheels as above pics indicate--
    it's perfect accent i couldn't quite place until today--

will keep rennteam'ers posted on further developments on my end~~~

hope all's enjoying relaxing weekend

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    zzoba , do you have on the site more pics of your car???

yes, in the rennteam gallery:
    http://www.rennteam.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=57

Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Strad, that CS looks great w/the ?titanium-painted wheels
    Dunno if a red/blk car would be optimal w/titanium wheels though.....I'd bet on blk wheels to play better off big red CCM calipers (esp on Enzo-style wheels) and a blk interior..
    Another consideration is how car looks in-motion....unfortunately, rarely seen by the owner...but IMO one of the coolest views of these cars is seen when alongside them at fwy speeds ....have had many non-car casual observers say what strikes them most about a relatively plebeian car like 996TTS are: the big yell PCCB calipers (even non-car chicks seem to know yell=ceramics on P's...funny, I hate color yell and I almost paid P to paint calipers red ) esp in the context of rarely seen blk wheels...and the red seat belts (esp seen across driver's torso).....one fashion chick described the various relatively uncommon flourishes of color (only on calipers, P wheel crest, belts and stitching) on a stark, intimidating blk/blk car as somewhat akin to the Brit-influenced prominently colored linings of otherwise dark, conservative bespoke suit jackets....

I saw a Red CS with the Titanium wheels and the car looked really good. I don't know if I'd like black wheels. In the PS that Rossi posted it doesn't look that good. Was thinking the Titanium gives the car that added tough look without going too far.

In motion these cars seem to morph into another animal altogether. Especially with the huge calipers. Thats all you see when the wheels are spinning. The 430 has so many characteristics of the Enzo. Turning down the chance to have it's brakes too is crazy.

I'm not a big fan of the yellow calipers either on a P-car. Think it looks good on a F-car with matching sheilds and stitching. Would rather have red PCCB calipers too (like on my CS) but I can't to get PCCB's on my next P-car.

The red harness in the pic that Mike S posted on the other thread with the red and black seats looks sick imo.

Hi all,

I went to my local Ferrari dealer this afternoon to discuss again about a possible order for a F430. They just received a yellow F430 Spider, black interior, for display in the showroom. And I simply felt in love !

Indeed from my point of view, this is the perfect colour combination for this car. In comparison, I had the Sunday the opportunity to see blue, red, grey and black F430 Spiders, but the yellow version is by far the best looking version. What a beauty

Quote:
    tdf360 said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Gary

And here's a photo of the carbon "driving zone" option...

Gary, where's your car? Mine completed production on July 29th and arrived in LA on August 5th. Of course, it did travel by air rather than by water.

I know you'll love it.

Jack,
    Love the interior of your 430.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Jack,
    Love the interior of your 430.

Thanks.

Btw, you can order skid plates for your CS and/or F430 from Premier Motorsports -- 310-559-1562 -- ask for Dave and tell him Uncle Jack referred you.

Looks great Jack!

- J (Vantage from Elisetalk)

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM