Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Embarking on the Ferrari Era: A New Chapter Begins

Hi folks,

Stepping into a fresh chapter, I'm transitioning from my Porsche and McLaren phases into the Ferrari era. Opting for a Ferrari Roma Spider, inspired by my seaside home, I've chosen a classy mix of Blu Swaters exterior and a Sabbia/Blu Sterling interior, accented with full carbon and premium leather touches. As for the wheels, they're the usual fare, set for a custom repaint post-delivery

Romas spider.jpg

--

AM

Re: Embarking on the Ferrari Era: A New Chapter Begins

here is the config

1708027988656064217_Ferrari_Customer_000000_f169sp_20240213183018.pdf

--

AM

The interior colorway is perfect. I love the Swaters Blu also. Calipers concern me though, they don’t have the same elegance as the rest (sorry, just my opinion!) what color will you paint the wheels?

Congratulations on a stunning new chapter.  I also agree with the caliper comment and think black would look so much more elegant on this particular Roma. 

looks very nice!

--

Tim

2008 Cayenne Turbo;  2006 911 Club Coupe;  2016 911 GTS Club Coupe;  2015 Macan S;  2019 Speedster;  2021 Roma

I was also struggling with the calipers.

The caliper blue color is different than Blu Swaters.

Red wasn't nice, too.

Gold - was more copper like.

Let me see when delivered - I thought the yellow elements would fit good, See the pic

Roma yellow.jpg.

--

AM

mcdelaug:

The interior colorway is perfect. I love the Swaters Blu also. Calipers concern me though, they don’t have the same elegance as the rest (sorry, just my opinion!) what color will you paint the wheels?

I am not sure, maybe grey. Have to see all the colors - do not want to have to much different colors on the car

--

AM

Very classy spec, congratulations.

Maybe silver calipers would go with the elegant theme?

Screenshot 2024-02-16 084539.jpg

Thank!

This looks good. I will check it again when I have made the final decision about the rim color

Ferrari should spend some money on their configurator

--

AM

Remember:

If you go with shields and yellow calipers, you will have THREE different shades of yellow together with the wheel caps.
    Ferrari doesn't get this right for ages and it looks as if they never will.

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

I think Enma is headed the right direction… it has such a beautiful shape that it forces you to pursue this more elegant palette…

mcdelaug:

I think Enma is headed the right direction… it has such a beautiful shape that it forces you to pursue this more elegant palette…

Agree with a more subtle approach to the calipers.

Congrats - a beautiful car.

That is correct, the yellow of the shields is different to the calippers. That is kind of annoying.

I have had 3 Ferraris with yellow calibers and yellow shields, 2 of those with yellow dials, yellow seatbelts and yellow piping inside even, the different shades of yellow never bothered me or even catches my attention, they worked together quite harmoniously. I mean, a red car will have different shades of red on it all over depending on where the lighting comes from, that never bothered anyone did it?

IMO, I say your original configuration, looks the best and the most classy. Ferrari's badge is yellow so that dictates one of the colours on the car has to be yellow, might as well compliment it. Blue goes well with yellow with the contrast. 

Secondary choice of caliber colour is black. But for me, I only chose black as the last resort so they don't clash with any other colours on the car. 

I wouldn't pick silver cause the caliber silver is a different shade of silver than the wheels so the eyes will naturally drawn to that difference and that became the focal point whenever you look at the car. On the other hand, the yellow in the Ferrari wheel cap, the yellow on the caliber and the yellow on the shield are separate by another colour, your eyes won't compare the different shades directly as the colours in between changed the perception of the shades of yellow. 

I still like the Roma, if I were to do one it would have been Nero Daytona with Nero interior and yellow piping and yellow calibers and either silver wheels or black wheels. Some shade of blue with some shade of tan interior would have been my second choice, like something similar to yours. Ferrari's blues are amazing. 

--

Whoopsy:

I have had 3 Ferraris with yellow calibers and yellow shields, 2 of those with yellow dials, yellow seatbelts and yellow piping inside even, the different shades of yellow never bothered me or even catches my attention, they worked together quite harmoniously. I mean, a red car will have different shades of red on it all over depending on where the lighting comes from, that never bothered anyone did it?

IMO, I say your original configuration, looks the best and the most classy. Ferrari's badge is yellow so that dictates one of the colours on the car has to be yellow, might as well compliment it. Blue goes well with yellow with the contrast. 

Secondary choice of caliber colour is black. But for me, I only chose black as the last resort so they don't clash with any other colours on the car. 

I wouldn't pick silver cause the caliber silver is a different shade of silver than the wheels so the eyes will naturally drawn to that difference and that became the focal point whenever you look at the car. On the other hand, the yellow in the Ferrari wheel cap, the yellow on the caliber and the yellow on the shield are separate by another colour, your eyes won't compare the different shades directly as the colours in between changed the perception of the shades of yellow. 

I still like the Roma, if I were to do one it would have been Nero Daytona with Nero interior and yellow piping and yellow calibers and either silver wheels or black wheels. Some shade of blue with some shade of tan interior would have been my second choice, like something similar to yours. Ferrari's blues are amazing. 

The brake calipers have the largest area in yellow. They're also likely to get dirty the quickest during a drive. Therefore, I think they won't stand out as much by the end of the day.

Thank you for the positive comments about my color choice.

--

AM

For a sportier look I would also stick with the yellow calipers. I don't mind the difference in the yellow tone. They are too far apart to clash. 

The grey calipers are not my best. To have the elegant look, I would have them black. 

ALDO:
    Whoopsy:

The brake calipers have the largest area in yellow. They're also likely to get dirty the quickest during a drive. Therefore, I think they won't stand out as much by the end of the day.

Thank you for the positive comments about my color choice.

You'll be surprised at how little dirt and grim gets onto the calipers. Ferrari's carbon brakes are like Porsche's very little to no brake dust. I'd be more concerned about the silver wheels getting dirty up quicker than the brake calipers.

--

Gnil:

For a sportier look I would also stick with the yellow calipers. I don't mind the difference in the yellow tone. They are too far apart to clash. 

The grey calipers are not my best. To have the elegant look, I would have them black. 

I agree, the calipers in yellow are the best choice. It is very sporting and elegant.Smiley

--

The purpose of life is to enjoy the moment.

nberry:
    Gnil:

I agree, the calipers in yellow are the best choice. It is very sporting and elegant.Smiley

100% Smiley

Congrats for such a beautiful combo, Aldo!

--

Nicolas
    Macan S/Ex-997.1/997.2 S/991.1 S/991.1 C4 GTS

Thank you guys 

--

AM

ALDO:

Thank you guys 

You should always get what YOU like... Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), BMW Z4 M40i (2022), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    803528 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448635 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266226 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90118 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6669 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885908 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    833543 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM