Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

New Order...

Afternoon Fellas.....(or morning) After waiting and saving for 22 years, I'm finally ready to place the order. This is my list, please comment and let me know if there are any "gotta haves" that I'm mising. Let the waiting begin.

Carrera White
    Full Leather Two-tone interior, Black Dash\Sand Beige
    Sand Beige Floor Mats
    Power seats
    Sport Chrono Package
    PSE
    Bose
    TPMS
    Extended Navigation

I'm also considering the short shifter and the spacers....

Re: New Order...

It looks good. You might want to consider the adaptive sport seats and the auto-dimming mirrors. Both are great.

Sounds like a winner...

A coupla inexpensive add-ons you might want to consider:
    - Colored crest wheel centers
    - Embossed emblem in headrests
    - Any wheel upgrade from the standard S wheels (if you're even thinking about it)

I did all three, even though I still ended up swapping the 19" Carrera Classic wheels ($390) towards a set of Champion RS-97's.

Regardless, you have a nice list of options picked.

Short shifter-----> Yes.. if you can, try both, I think once you try it with the reduced throw, you'll want it.. a $765 option, but worth it if you plan on workin your way through those gears -quickly-

By the way, that color combo sounds beautiful.. don't see a whole lot of carrera white pics, so please post some when you get it.. now the hard part time will seem to drag on and on-and on-and on.... Congrats

I think black floor mats would look really nice.

Dimming mirrors are great! Get them

Quote:

I think black floor mats would look really nice.

I have a Seal Grey 997S Coupe with Sand Beige Interior. I bought black floor mats to avoid the scruffy look of dirty Sand Beige floor mats. With the two-tone color scheme they would blend right in and save you some trouble keeping the mats clean. I still have my Sand Beige floor mats stored away.

Great comment by DD694, i have two sand beige cars and on a whim threw black mats in my LR3, they look great and perform even better, have an order in at Porsche for Black mats on my S.

As for your list, IMO only

- Not a fan of the sport chrono, no need to go further
    - dimming mirrors are great, i have them on all other cars but not the p-car, should have got them
    - I love my parking sensors, love them

Sounds great- beautiful!

I would add the thicker sports wheel and the short shift. Add the colored wheel crests later,if interested, you'll get 2 sets for the price of 1 that way.

Sport Seats and dimming mirrors are a must (in my humble opinion). Go NOLES. The real Monday Night Football is set to begin Monday....FSU vs. Miami.....I'll be there!

Thicker wheel.

Quote:
    FSU-997S said:
    Afternoon Fellas.....(or morning) After waiting and saving for 22 years, I'm finally ready to place the order.

Did u say 22 years?!!! Wow - you have definately earnt it and also have great taste so I hope you enjoy it!

Sounds nice. You have a few of the must haves. Sport Chrono, PSE.

Since you're getting the full leather you might want to consider the adaptive sport seats. In the US there is a $500 discount on the adaptive sport seats when you select full leather so the price difference between power seats and adaptive sport seats (w/ full leather) is not that much.

I would also consider the "XPA" option - Thicker sports steering wheel w/ smooth leather. It's pricey but well worth it imo.

For a low cost option that is really nice, especially if you decide to get the adpative sport seats is the Porsche crest in the headrest.

I'd also consider changing the mats from tan to black. Especially with the two tome tan & black interior. I think it would look good and would look good much , much longer than tan. And be less of a headache.

Sport Chrono is a must, as the sport setting is the way you'll want to drive every day of the week. Just ignore the clock, it's no big whoop-tie-doo unless you choose to obsess over such things.

Black mats on light colored carpets always remind my of the carpet remnant squares everybody's grandparents used to get from the Georgia Carpet Outlet and put down in their Grand Marquis. Get matching mats, and buy an extra set to put in the closet. I did. Besides, the mats clean up like new easily, unless you live on a pig farm or work at a diesel repair shop.

It's good to try the short-throw shifter if you can, before you buy. I didn't care for it, in that it exchanges shorter throws for higher effort. The standard shifter is so silky and intuitive, and shift speed is limited more by clutch travel time than rowing the gate. You easily outpace your foot with the standard shifter as it is.

Auto dimming mirrors spook me something awful at night. I find them unsettling and distracting. But hey, that's me.

Parking sensors?? The car's no bigger than one of Shaq's shoes. Leave those for Escalades and front-end loaders.

I've got adaptive sport seats, and love 'em, but you really can't go wrong with ANY seat in the 997, they're all great.

Leather console is an option that I did not check-off on my order, and I regret it now. Since you went with all-leather as I did, you may want to consider that. It's the only remaining piece of your interior that's screaming "PLASTIC"!

The E36 aluminum and leather option also adds stitched leather to the defroster vents, the center dash speaker, and all the a/c vents are leather. I've got it, I love it, but it was a bit pricey. Just a suggestion.

Have fun, and of course........ GO GATORS!!!!!

Quote:
    69bossnine said:
    Auto dimming mirrors spook me something awful at night. I find them unsettling and distracting. But hey, that's me.

I think auto dimming mirrors are pretty cool, but I have to agree with you, it feels strange to have them on. I almost feel like I can't see as well and so I've really only used them a few times just to play around with.

Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    Quote:
    69bossnine said:

I think auto dimming mirrors are pretty cool, but I have to agree with you, it feels strange to have them on. I almost feel like I can't see as well and so I've really only used them a few times just to play around with.

Yeah, the only time I ever dim my mirrors is when I've got some yahoo behind me with his high-beams on. Otherwise, normal headlights don't bother me in the least, and you lose alot of visibility if your mirrors are dimmed for no good reason. It may be more of an issue in different areas of the world, but it's rare occassion that I have somebody blinding me from behind with their high-beams.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm still not sure about the color of the matts, but this is an cheap and easy fix after the fact. My dealer offered a $2,000 discount (without asking) so I added the adaptive sports seats, the thicker sports steering wheel, the crests, and the painted wheel caps. If anyone else would like to chip in, I'd be glad to add a few more options.

I'm also looking into the leather console as well. Thanks for the comments. Looks like a December Build, and January Delivery.....

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Since you're getting the full leather you might want to consider the adaptive sport seats. In the US there is a $500 discount on the adaptive sport seats when you select full leather so the price difference between power seats and adaptive sport seats (w/ full leather) is not that much.

Where can I find out more about this "discount".....the dealer had not heard this?

Quote:
    FSU-997S said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Where can I find out more about this "discount".....the dealer had not heard this?

Option P01 vs P01L. If you get full leather, the adaptive sport seats are several hundred bucks cheaper. If you get full leather interior, sport seats (not adaptive) are several hundred bucks cheaper too.

Here's a coupe. Does anyone else think that these wheels are the best stock look?

Quote:
    69bossnine said:
    Leather console is an option that I did not check-off on my order, and I regret it now. Since you went with all-leather as I did, you may want to consider that. It's the only remaining piece of your interior that's screaming "PLASTIC"!

Is this the "rear" console? - Option XMZ

YES, it's a bit confusing, because you probably think of "rear console" as a console in the back seat. Porsche considers the center stack to be the "front console", and the console itself (where the shifter and e-brake is) the "rear console". Crazy Krauts!!

For Chrisake, who put that ENORMOUS FLIPPIN IMAGE on this thread? Size it down!!

Quote:
    FSU-997S said:
    Thanks for the feedback, I'm still not sure about the color of the matts, but this is an cheap and easy fix after the fact. My dealer offered a $2,000 discount (without asking) so I added the adaptive sports seats, the thicker sports steering wheel, the crests, and the painted wheel caps. If anyone else would like to chip in, I'd be glad to add a few more options.

I'm also looking into the leather console as well. Thanks for the comments. Looks like a December Build, and January Delivery.....

Way to go !!

The rear center consule in leather looks amazing.
    If you love the look of stitching which I do.
    Not many people have it either.
    Definately getting it in my Turbo.
    I'm also going to get the option that you have with the stitching around the loudspeaker and leather vents.

If anyone has pics of the leather center consule could you please post.

Also - Is there any way moderators to stop images that are huge from posting.
    I've done it to so I'm not blaiming anyone, until you get the hang of the size it happens but
    reading the page becomes a real pain in the arse.

(above condensed because of the page)

Also if you post an image and it turns out huge
    you can hit "edit" and re-do your post.

Quote:
    69bossnine said:
    YES, it's a bit confusing, because you probably think of "rear console" as a console in the back seat. Porsche considers the center stack to be the "front console", and the console itself (where the shifter and e-brake is) the "rear console". Crazy Krauts!!

ok, that makes sense....you were right that is a little pricey, but I'm in anyways....$100K vs. $101.3K, I guess it really doesn't matter at this point.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    The rear center consule in leather looks amazing.
    If you love the look of stitching which I do.
    Not many people have it either.
    Definately getting it in my Turbo.
    I'm also going to get the option that you have with the stitching around the loudspeaker and leather vents.

If anyone has pics of the leather center consule could you please post.

Here's a picture of it. One thing should be mentioned. The
    bottom half of the leather console (option XMZ) is covered
    with a protective film. That looks awful, at least on my
    stone grey interior color.

Quote:
    69bossnine said:
    For Chrisake, who put that ENORMOUS FLIPPIN IMAGE on this thread? Size it down!!

Sorry about the ENORMOUS FLIPPIN IMAGE... Still somewhat new here. I do think it's in the huge range - not enormous. It won't happen again. I've also noticed that with each post, you can see (on the far left) who posted it. Hope this helps.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    780584 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442492 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263291 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261603 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85751 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5899 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881334 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    818627 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM