Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

The long wait is almost over...

After months of waiting, my future car will enter production line next week.
    Delivery end of September. Countdown has begun!!!
    997S Slate grey
    Powerkit + PSE
    PCCB
    Sport chassis -20 mm
    and much more!
    Stay tuned!

Re: The long wait is almost over...

Whaaaaaaaaaaat!!!!!!!!!!!?????!!!!!!!!!

Fancho are you conscious, you're gooing to have the best 997S of rennteam family???!!!!!

The powerkit must be a-m-a-z-i-n-g (love that carbon fibre in the engine)....

What wheels have you finally decided??...

Woah!!, what a car you ordered!!!

Quote:
    Alex18_996CC said:

What wheels have you finally decided??...

The standard wheels, my favorite
    Thanks for the compliment man.

Quote:
    Fanch said:
    After months of waiting, my future car will enter production line next week.
    Delivery end of September. Countdown has begun!!!

Fortunate you're so close to the factory. Mine is scheduled to be built next week too (Sep 5), but I don't excpect delivery here in Los Angeles until almost November.

Yeah, that is going to be a very nice ride, Fanch

Sounds killer. Get it, enjoy it, drive the hell out of it. Sounds really well specd out. Better to get all that you want rather then wish you had!

nice car!

just wondering what did you have for you interior??? : )

by the way howcome i dont see the powerkit option in the north america website..not avaiable?

Congractulation Fanch..

Woshhhhhhh

Sounds great Fanch! Congratulations!

Wow! Your baby sounds awesome!

Quote:
    Malmsteen said:
    nice car!

by the way howcome i dont see the powerkit option in the north america website..not avaiable?

Interior is all leather black, along with a couple of goodies like Leather center console, Dimming mirror, Bose, Nav, Tel, Sunroof, chronosport, short shifter, small thicker steering wheel, etc.

Thanks for the kind words guys, I intend to show this car no mercy and drive the hell out of it!

dont forget the pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

The best options possible!!!! This is THE ultimate Carrera at the moment !
    Don't forget to give us a full report on power kit!!!! Enjoy!

by the way is slate grey the colour on the c4s now?? in the porsche website?

those pictures look dark..make it like a black or something

Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Thanks for the kind words guys, I intend to show this car no mercy and drive the hell out of it!

now that's what i'm talking about

Congrads Fanch, i remember discussing your puschase about whether having the powerkit or not, and delivery seemed back then a lifetime!!! BUT now that time passed its almost here!!!

congrads again that is going to be a killer!!!

You'll have to post TONS of pictures and videos, I hope you're aware of that!!
    Congrats Fanch!!

Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Quote:
    Malmsteen said:
    nice car!

Interior is all leather black, along with a couple of goodies like Leather center console, Dimming mirror, Bose, Nav, Tel, Sunroof, chronosport, short shifter, small thicker steering wheel, etc.

As we say hear in the UK ,, " The Dogs Bollocks " ..

Enjoy Fanch very nice..

throt..

Quote:
    Dilinger said:
    Congrads Fanch, i remember discussing your puschase about whether having the powerkit or not, and delivery seemed back then a lifetime!!! BUT now that time passed its almost here!!!

congrads again that is going to be a killer!!!

Fanch,
    I guess if you can keep your sanity after such a long wait, then it's possible I can keep mine- or have I already lost it!

Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Quote:
    Malmsteen said:
    nice car!

You're going to have a pretty unique car w/ the -20mm, PCCB, powerkit. and short shifter. Congratulations.

Sounds sweet ! Great choice of options.
    Can't wait to hear your impressions of the PCCB's. Almost certain they'll be on my next car.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Can't wait to hear your impressions of the PCCB's. Almost certain they'll be on my next car.

Thanks guys!
    I also ticked the option for the fancy adaptation sports seats, hope they'll do the work because they're outrageously expensive, just like everything else really!

Stradale and others,
    I will of course post impressions, but bear in mind:
    - I'm not a good driver.
    - The only 911 I will be able to compare it to in detail will be my old car, a 996 C4 cab, so needless, pretty pointless. I have only driven the 997S once, and it was in town to make sure the PCCB didn't squeek to much (like on the 996 GT2 I tried a while ago) and also to make sure the -20mm sport chassis was comfortable.
    The car passed the test brilliantly and I ticked both options.

But as to provide impressions of the powerkit, I'll do my best but again, won't be able to compare it to a standard 997S.
    I know RC comes to Paris maybe in October, we'll take it out of a spin and he'll be able to write an in depth comparaison with his own car which is exactly the same bar the powerkit.

Awesome- can't wait to hear about it!

Congratulations again!

Quote:
    ArthurY said:
    Fortunate you're so close to the factory. Mine is scheduled to be built next week too (Sep 5), but I don't excpect delivery here in Los Angeles until almost November.

I also have a CMPPRD date of Sep. 5 (woo hoo!) and expect it to arrive in in the Bay Area at the end of October. I'll call the factory now to make sure your build doesn't slow mine down.

I look forward to pics from both Arthur and Fanch!

Congrats ! My wait has just begone. I ordered my 997Cs on 8/25 (birthday present to myself after many years of waiting until kids were done with college).
    Thought and suggestions...still a little time to order changes:
    Lapis blue metallic
    Sand Beighe full leathe,
    Power seat pack,
    Self dimming mirrors,
    Heated seats (I am in Minnesota),
    19" Classic wheels,
    Makassar Steering wheel w multifunction,
    Sports Chrono,
    Nav for PCM,
    Bose sound pack,
    Makassar pack,
    stainless steel exhaust pipes,
    wheel caps,
    Crest in headrest,
    door entry guard illumination(really did not need this).
    I'm in need of a Porsch fix. My car is in Nov. production, with delivery about Dec/Jan... In winter,so, it will be stored until March/April. Get it. Have to wait for car,,,, car comes,,, can't drive it... Help !
    jack49

Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Thanks guys!
    I also ticked the option for the fancy adaptation sports seats, hope they'll do the work because they're outrageously expensive, just like everything else really!

Stradale and others,
    - I'm not a good driver.
    - The only 911 I will be able to compare it to in detail will be my old car, a 996 C4 cab, so needless, pretty pointless. I have only driven the 997S once, and it was in town to make sure the PCCB didn't squeek to much (like on the 996 GT2 I tried a while ago) and also to make sure the -20mm sport chassis was comfortable.

But as to provide impressions of the powerkit, I'll do my best but again, won't be able to compare it to a standard 997S.
    I know RC comes to Paris maybe in October, we'll take it out of a spin and he'll be able to write an in depth comparaison with his own car which is exactly the same bar the powerkit.

Doesn't matter to me if you're a race car driver or just an average guy like me that loves sports cars your opinion is greatly appreciated. You may not be able to compare times for the PCCb's in 10 consecutive 100 to 0 mph stops vs the stock brakes but how many people can ?
    Just hearing how little brake dust is on your rims after a few hundred miles is important to me.

btw: The CCm's on my Ferrari have never squeaked. Ever. Did the PCCb's on the 997S that you tried sqeak ?

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Thanks guys!

Stradale and others,
    - I'm not a good driver.

Doesn't matter to me if you're a race car driver or just an average guy like me that loves sports cars your opinion is greatly appreciated. You may not be able to compare times for the PCCb's in 10 consecutive 100 to 0 mph stops vs the stock brakes but how many people can ?
    Just hearing how little brake dust is on your rims after a few hundred miles is important to me.

btw: The CCm's on my Ferrari have never squeaked. Ever. Did the PCCb's on the 997S that you tried sqeak ?

No not at all Stradale.
    They felt like normal brakes only the pedal was super sensitive which is always nice in a sports car.

Though the color doesn't excite me, it sounds like a car you can have a ball in. I share your enthusiasm and love your comment that you will drive the hell out of it.

Fanch and Arthur - you may want to check your production status again. I just got word that I am already at CMPPRD (completed production) for my Sept. 5 build!

Quote:
    tnunnery said:
    Fanch and Arthur - you may want to check your production status again. I just got word that I am already at CMPPRD (completed production) for my Sept. 5 build!

Thank you for the suggestion,
    But I'd rather not fall into that game, it's annoying for the dealer and doesnt' change anything for me, the guy told me delivery early October latest so I'll keep it at that.
    I've waited 5 months, I can wait a couple weeks more, no big deal.

It's a detail, but I've also been confirmed I may well be the first European costumer with a 997S powerkit.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689304 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409080 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255690 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234943 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65498 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857889 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773890 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM