Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Dealing with Ferrari can sometimes be frustration and

rewarding.

I had a July built date for my Yellow Spider. I had ordered a special steering wheel where the upper half of the wheel would be the same color as the exterior( I got the idea from Jack LA who occasionally posts here).

As a result, I just learned that my car was not built in July but is being built now. More importantly, it will be a 2006 which surprised me but certainly made me VERY happy.

So the bad news is there will be a 45-60 day delay in getting the car but the good news is it is a 2006 and being built by rested workers who just returned from their 3 week vacation.

I wonder if Ferrari has change their procedure as to car designated model year. I was always under the impression Ferrari followed the rule that the year designation is year it was built in.

Re: Dealing with Ferrari can sometimes be frustration and

Quote:
    nberry said:

As a result, I just learned that my car was not built in July but is being built now. More importantly, it will be a 2006 which surprised me but certainly made me VERY happy.

To my knowledge, Ferrari does not incorporate changes only once a year (i.e. like Porsche where they have a MY x and a MY x+1). Ferrari incorporates changes on a continuous basis.

This means that a car made in July is basically the same as one made in August.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    rewarding.

So the bad news is there will be a 45-60 day delay in getting the car but the good news is it is a 2006 and being built by rested workers who just returned from their 3 week vacation.

I do not intend to frustrate you entirely. However, I once had a Modena that was build in September. This car had so many serious problems that I sold it after 1.5 years. So I am not entirely sure whether Italian workers do better work after their holidays. Maybe they need some time to get back to 100%

Quote:
    nberry said:

I wonder if Ferrari has change their procedure as to car designated model year. I was always under the impression Ferrari followed the rule that the year designation is year it was built in.

You could very well have a 2006, but I wouldn't bet money on it until the car is invoiced. I was told my July production 430 would be an '06 based on info from the factory, but it will in fact be an '05. So I would wait and see. In general Ferrari has in the past followed the calendar year rule.

Gary

Gary you must be counting the hours for your 430. Has it reached the US?

FWIW, I was told that FNA indicated it will be a 2006 chassis. The factory was retooled during its vacation shutdown and possibly they are using that as a benchmark between 2005/6. Clearly it will be the same car with probably minor software or other changes.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Gary you must be counting the hours for your 430. Has it reached the US?

First week of Sept is what they are telling me. You're right, I can't wait, this is cruel.

Gary

Quote:
    nberry said:

As I posted at F-chat before, my dealer told me MY06 starts right after the factory holiday in August. So maybe if they COMPLETE a car let's say in September that was begun in July, that would be MY05, whilst a that was BUILT in September would be MY06?

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

As I posted at F-chat before, my dealer told me MY06 starts right after the factory holiday in August. So maybe if they COMPLETE a car let's say in September that was begun in July, that would be MY05, whilst a that was BUILT in September would be MY06?

It doesn't make ANY difference, does it ????
    ....... because there is NOTHING changed at the car !!! NOTHING !

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

I believe you are right. Instead of making wait, they offered me a 2005 red Spider with tan interior to be delivered within a week. I told them I would wait for the 2006 car and the one I ordered.

Patriek, Ferrari is always making upgrades to their models most of which are not visible. I suspect the 2006 will have some minor changes.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    I believe you are right. Instead of making wait, they offered me a 2005 red Spider with tan interior to be delivered within a week. I told them I would wait for the 2006 car and the one I ordered.

Patriek, Ferrari is always making upgrades to their models most of which are not visible. I suspect the 2006 will have some minor changes.

I also believe that. There are issues, they can take care of, as the disposition of the F430 to bottom out at the front or some reported problems with the F1.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

I also believe that. There are issues, they can take care of, as the disposition of the F430 to bottom out at the front or some reported problems with the F1.

I think they do the 'minor' changes when they come up, I don't think they wait a year to fix problems when they appaer, WHY SHOULD THEY

I already had two updates on my car ...

You're better off. By now hopefully some of the problems are fixed. And I agree it would be much better to get a 06 model. I'm hoping they have everything sorted out by the Spring.

The Stradale sytle steering wheel is a great idea. I've seen a few in yellow and they look really good.

May want to consider having the car air-shipped....gives you prob another mth of good driving weather before the CA rainy season....and it may add a greater air of exclusivity w/those SD sophisticates...

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    You're better off. By now hopefully some of the problems are fixed. And I agree it would be much better to get a 06 model. I'm hoping they have everything sorted out by the Spring.

The Stradale sytle steering wheel is a great idea. I've seen a few in yellow and they look really good.

That's it! When I saw it, I loved it. Intially FNA indicated it would not delay my car but that tells you how much they know. Well, hopefully it worked out for the best.

Did my 430 Stradale style wheel in black and tan (black notch). I think this is going to be a popular choice.

Quote:
    WCH said:
    Did my 430 Stradale style wheel in black and tan (black notch). I think this is going to be a popular choice.

Beautiful combo

great combination wch !! do you think it will look good with titanium?

"do you think it will look good with titanium?"

I do, definitely.

Thank you for the kind words.

Quote:
    WCH said:

Damn it did you have show me that picture! I ordered only the upper half of the wheel to have a different color. After seeing your wheel, I probably wouldd have gone with a wheel like yours( it looks great) but it is too late to change my order.

Nick - Thank you for the compliment - as you know, playing with the spec is part of the fun. Can't wait to see your spider, I think the 430 in spider form is truly beautiful.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    WCH said:

Damn it did you have show me that picture! I ordered only the upper half of the wheel to have a different color. After seeing your wheel, I probably wouldd have gone with a wheel like yours( it looks great) but it is too late to change my order.

I think you made a very good choise, I prefer only the upper half

nick do you have any pics of the steering wheel you are talking about

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    WCH said:

Nick,
    The reason there is a color on top of the Stradale wheel isn't just for looks, it's suppose to be functional. That's why you see race cars with a colored notch on the top of the steering wheel. I've even seen a piece of colored tape to mark dead center. It suppose to help drivers with correcting a car in a spin etc. So they have a quick visual of where the wheels are pointing if that's not the direction they're headed.

I'll tell you even without spinning out the color on the top of the wheel is helpful to me.

Quote:
    p8ge101 said:

Take a look at Stradale's prior post in this thread. He shows a picture.

Quote:
    p8ge101 said:

Nick ordered this.....

Jack,
    I have the same interior (all black alcantara) but w/ red stitching and red steering wheel. For the 430 I'll probably do the same thing for the steering wheel but one thing I've noticed is the steering wheel on the 430 doesn't have the same angle at the seam as the CS. The seam at 10 oclock and 2 oclock on the CS is slanted more horizontal where as the 430's seam is closer to this angle -> /

It still looks good on the 430 just not as nice as the CS imo.

Here's what I mean. You see how the seam angles so that it goes straight across.

Re: photo of 430 carbon fibre wheel

Yes, I think I understand what you are saying .....

Re: photo of 430 carbon fibre wheel

Jack two different floor mats? I like the passenger side mat. Can you send me a PM and tell me where you bought it?

Thanks Nick

interesting

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    752894 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430565 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258523 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255428 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79499 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5251 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868165 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    801718 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM