Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Why Ferrari Dealearships are D**ks?

Thank God the dealer is really nice here in Tokyo. When I used to live in NY, I went to this dealer called Steven Kessler and they were bunch of aholes. They had closed down in the mid 90s. Miller Motorcars in Greenwich, CT was very nice. Wide World of Cars is another ahole.

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) You are absolutely right. I have noticed that in Ferrari of Houston too only one sales guy and always on the phone when you walk in, never says hi or bye, rude .

You are spot on about Ferrari of Houston. I spent over an hour in there over consecutive Saturdays without being approached at all. Then guys on another board defended the dealer based on some of the excuses given here and suggested I make an "appointment". I did, and then got stiffed anyway and walked out

I know that Ferrari can put up with this, but that attitude will just kill Maserati sales (which is what I went in there for).

Quote:
    ha said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Don't brand all dealerships with an arrogant attitiude. I would wager the majority are good and decent businesses and are sensitive to customers regardless of their wealth.

Its a fact Nick whether you like it or not. The vast majority of Ferrari dealerships worldwide are arrogant SOBs and I stand by my word as being d**ks.

This is the attitude of Ferrari itself. When introducing their F40, F50, and Enzo they wanted potential buyers to submit their resumes to see if they are "worthy" of their cars. Only to have dealerships call people back a year later and beg them to come and buy it even if they were pimps.

And that to me is a crock of s**t.

Now I agree with you that there are bad Porsche dealers here and there but not the majority.

This is the worst kind of slander, painting virtually every Ferrari dealer with the broad brush of your accusations. Everyone I have dealt with at Ferrari of San Francisco has been very friendly, courteous, and professional. Without question this is the best dealership I have ever dealt with, regardless of make of car, and I've owned many Porsches, Mercedes, and BMWs. I walked in there about 2 years ago looking for a 360, never owned a Ferrari before, and in six months I had a new Modena which I just sold, and am 3 weeks from F430 delivery, so I couldn't be happier. Are there snotty Ferrari sales people out there? Of course there are. But your broad statements and accusations are just ridiculous.

Gary

Quote:
    tdf360 said:
    Quote:
    ha said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Don't brand all dealerships with an arrogant attitiude. I would wager the majority are good and decent businesses and are sensitive to customers regardless of their wealth.

Its a fact Nick whether you like it or not. The vast majority of Ferrari dealerships worldwide are arrogant SOBs and I stand by my word as being d**ks.

This is the attitude of Ferrari itself. When introducing their F40, F50, and Enzo they wanted potential buyers to submit their resumes to see if they are "worthy" of their cars. Only to have dealerships call people back a year later and beg them to come and buy it even if they were pimps.

Now I agree with you that there are bad Porsche dealers here and there but not the majority.

This is the worst kind of slander, painting virtually every Ferrari dealer with the broad brush of your accusations. Everyone I have dealt with at Ferrari of San Francisco has been very friendly, courteous, and professional. Without question this is the best dealership I have ever dealt with, regardless of make of car, and I've owned many Porsches, Mercedes, and BMWs. I walked in there about 2 years ago looking for a 360, never owned a Ferrari before, and in six months I had a new Modena which I just sold, and am 3 weeks from F430 delivery, so I couldn't be happier. Are there snotty Ferrari sales people out there? Of course there are. But your broad statements and accusations are just ridiculous.

Gary

Well said, Gary. FofSF (prob world's highest volume F dealer) is one of best dealers of any brand I've ever seen. Like every business/individual salesguy example one can analyze, there are good guys and there are bad guys....and similarly, customers also run the range in terms of their bottom-line profitability to any business (except on Sesame Street, not all customers are created equal )...and most well-run businesses treat their best customers (and people they refer) w/a greater degree of focus by their best employees.....kinda common business sense....

FWIW, the 3 F-car dealerships I've dealt with, Tonkin in Portland, Ferrari of SF in Marin and Beverly Hills Ferrari have all been entirely gracious. And the implicit suggestion that buying power = license to be rude is especially annoying.

Agian FoLI treats people great....
    Everytime I go in there I feel 100%
    welcome.

Quote:
    killer said:
    It's not just Ferrari Dealerships.. it's every luxury car dealership. I remember when I was looking for my first bmw and my father was ABOUT to purchase the car at the first dealership in Delaware--- and the owner/manager of the dealership completely was a slimeball... before my father and I had an opportunity to talk it over- the guy asked "so are you going to buy the car?"... my father said, we have to talk it over... then the guy proceeded to say, "what is there to talk about?... " I mean!? WHAT?!.... get out of here.. at that point my father laughed and then we left the dealership- one lost sale on a car that was basically about to be purchased.

So far as Ferrari and Bentley/lambo/aston dealerships... I really don't care- young people rarely have the money to purchase cars like that- so the second I walk in there I either have to look like a celeb or something in order to be taken seriously... but I don't do any of that. I walked in with a pair of shorts, a rugby shirt, and boat shoes... they did a credit check and then it was go time- that is the bottom line. I am not there to make friends or to be nice, I'm there to buy a car- treat me right, I will buy a car and be back for another and another- treat me wrong and I will get another dealership to get the car from.
    The only people that have been cool have been the people at the local porsche dealership... when I inquired about the Carrera GT a salesperson took me SERIOUSLY and didn't play around- no jokes about age.. no jokes about "that's a lot of car"... no bullsh*t... just the facts and what I could do to get into it- that's how you sale a car.

I agree that all luxury car dealers have that attitude. like someone said earlier, it's from the constant "tirekickers" that walk in the whole time. but carlos is right, it's part of their job and they should treat each and every customer with the same amount of respect and courtesy.

i have the same problem killer, due to the fact that i'm no where near getting grey hairs(touch wood lol!) the people tend to ignore you and assume you're another "tirekicker". it does help to have a relationship with them. I remember when I walked in to the dealer where I bought my SL65(did go to my usual dealer but they could only get me one next year ). i had to ask one of the salesman if they could help me! he then started calling around the other dealerships to try find out who I was(LOL!!) and after he spoke to another salesman whom i bought 5 cars from last year within the timespan of 30mins he called me back like 20 times that day to try organise a test drive... meanwhile he should have had that attitude from the start

regarding porsche centres, their service has been TOP NOTCH! very fast and effective and always very friendly! which is why i bought my first 2 porsches from them on the same day

Quote:
    iyori said:
    Thank God the dealer is really nice here in Tokyo. When I used to live in NY, I went to this dealer called Steven Kessler and they were bunch of aholes. They had closed down in the mid 90s. Miller Motorcars in Greenwich, CT was very nice. Wide World of Cars is another ahole.

Wide World of Cars totally blows - who do you think you are? Is the first thought that came into my mind...I wish Manhattan Motorcars sold Ferraris ... they are top notch people to deal with, no pretension what so ever...they do carry Bentley, Rolls and Lambo so I guess I could settle for one of them :-D

Funny. I had a similar experience but it was at a Porsche dealership. One of the salesguys was rude and when he asked for a deposit after spending less than 2 minutes with me I said "Let me think about it". Before I could shake his hand he walked away. Guess he didn't like my jeans and the Dodge Durango that I pulled up in. It was then that someone else approached me. The 1st salesman had the balls to say to the 2nd guy - "He's just a shopper". Like I wasn't a serious Porsche customer . The 2nd guy was nice and gave me his card. Turns out he's the owner. Apologized for the salesmans attitude. A few days later I agreed to a deal with him and drove back to the dealership to finalize the deal. I was pulling up in my Stradale when the salesman was walking outside. He sees me and says - "Sorry I didn't have more time for you, I do now" I said "sorry a__ ___ I just bought a car from your boss".

"I do now" LOL !!

I could understand some of the Ferrari salesguys being kinda short with people, all the cars are accounted for and they spend their time taking care of existing customers (you have to pay your dues and time to be in the family) but at a Porsche dealership ?

I understand that there are good and bad dealerships everywhere. Whenever I travel, I like to take a look at the high-end car dealerships in the area, and my experiences have far more often than not been slightly negative with Ferrari. Only a couple of times have I truly been satisfied with my treatment.
    I'm sure that there are some excellent Ferrari dealerships around. The only problem is that this seems to be more of an exception when talking about Ferrari.

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:You might ask what is the best way for me to get a 430? At that point, a process can begin and hopefully result in you getting one.

Yeah, thats process in the US is to drop your pants, loose your dignity, and bend over please ... some people may feel they should not have put up with any crap nor play the "Ferrari dealer's game" of: buy from me a used Ferrari from the lot at above MSRP and then we will start to talk about you getting on the list, and once you get the car you treat it like a garage queen for me so I can resell it to the next guy above MSRP for my profit...

I got my first Ferrari New and at MSRP.
    I put down my deposit and then waited like everybody else that wants their first new Ferrari at msrp. I treated the dealership with respect and was returned the same. And a new Ferrari at MSRP one year later. It's kinda like anything else that you need to get in line for I guess. It's much fairer then a Ford dealership selling a GT40 for $75,000 over.
    And at my dealership it's important that you are the type of person that will join in rallys, participate in events etc. If you're a new buyer from out of state you can almost forget it. I think thats a good idea.

Quote:
    svtrader1 said:
    Quote:
    ha said:
    Quote:
    BluCamSS said:
    I go into FoLI all the time. They ALWAYS let me look around, and never bother me. They simply say hello, and say to let them know if I need any help.

That is precisely what I'm saying. A "hello" seems like a big deal at Ferrari.

I understand we all have sensitive egos, but, lets be reasonable. If you worked at a Ferrari dealership yourself you'd know that 95% of all the people who stop in are nothing more than a "tirekicker" and, therefore, it gets to be pretty annoying to be answering frivolous questions all day long. After a while you'd probably have the same attitude too...regardless of where you work.

But, the guy at least made an attempt to help you out when he realized you or your friend were seriously interested. For you to cop an attitude after that is unjustifiable IMO. Afterall, it is your lost.

BINGO !

Quote:
    ha said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    ha said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

Ha you are generalizing. However I understand your frustration. But again I suggest your approach may have been somewhat too assuming. BTW, the fact you own a CGT doesn't mean squat to a Ferrari dealer in the US. They have limited cars with too many buyers. You could walk in with $250,000 cash and they would not be able to give you a car.

Also your comments regarding submitting resumes is not true. The Enzo was a very limited production car and therefore buyers were screened based on prior Ferrari purchases. That is the way it should be.

Carlos, if people do not wish to participate in the process (however you wish to characterize it) they could buy a new Porsche including a CGT at a discount and get immediate delivery.

Nick, who told you that I would be using my CGT in the US to show off and jump the holy "waiting list" of Ferrari? And who was talking about walking into a Ferrari dealer with $250k or even a $1 mln trying to buy his way up the "waiting list". I was trying to simply show the difference in attitude between my very humble friend whos family is worth billions as appose to a Ferrari salesman whos probably still paying installments on his suit.

And BTW, in "screening" their customers Ferrari has asked their dealer network to submit a very detailed description of the potential Enzo buyers that looked pretty much like a resume. They did the same back in the '80s when your 1,300 "limited production" F40s were introduced.

Now I'm getting the feeling it wasn't so much the salesman didn't treat you properly as much as he didn't treat you as you think someone much richer then him and drives a CGT should be treated
    Hmmmmmm ??

That's the great thing about Ferrari dealers and the whole buying experience. No matter how rich you are there's always somebody richer. So instead they usually treat you the same across the board. It's then up to you to either be the a hole or be part of the family. I'm happy about that because while I can't compete MONEY WISE with the the people that are "worth billions", I can definately be smoother in my approach. Sometimes (but rarely) it's not about the money.

Quote:
    BluCamSS said:
    Agian FoLI treats people great....
    Everytime I go in there I feel 100%
    welcome.

Agreed.
    Ferrari of Long Island (NY) is top notch.
    Thinking back to my first visit there I can remember being treated exactly how I would want to be treated at any car dealership. Anxious for my business enough to spend all the time I wanted to answer questions and not pushy whatsoever. Ask for Gianni. - Sales Manager.

rather interesting thread gentlemen...

i second grecomfs, VKSF and STRADALE's comments here~~

for what it's worth, i've been treated from moment of arrival (including my large dog!!) at Beverly Hills Ferrari by a professional staff that has been very friendly, courteous and respectful, providing for both a customer- and service-oriented environment.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Now I'm getting the feeling it wasn't so much the salesman didn't treat you properly as much as he didn't treat you as you think someone much richer then him and drives a CGT should be treated
    Hmmmmmm ??

That's the great thing about Ferrari dealers and the whole buying experience. No matter how rich you are there's always somebody richer. So instead they usually treat you the same across the board. It's then up to you to either be the a hole or be part of the family. I'm happy about that because while I can't compete MONEY WISE with the the people that are "worth billions", I can definately be smoother in my approach. Sometimes (but rarely) it's not about the money.

What rich and what poor and what "smooth approach" and what the f are you talking about????? Did you read my original post? we didn't get a chance to open our mouths!!!! We asked the lug nut receptionist if we can see a salesman regarding the F430. So she calls the moron and tells him about our inquiry... The guy comes out of the office and says "F430 is $200k and 3yrs waiting" and turns back to his office!! THATS IT. He didn't give us a chance to try your "smooth approach" tactics.

When it was over I didn't flash my car at this guy. I didn't tell him that my friend can buy your entire stock right there and then. I didn't say anything and niether did my friend. We just turned around and walked to my car. And when I was near it the salesman noticed and came out running. He is the one who made it obvious not me. So stop making this sound like I'm the one judging people by their wealth. If I was a salesman I wouldn't careless if a walk in customer drives a nissan or a Rolls Royce. I would extend the same courtesy. Specially if I'm working at a Ferrari dealer were I would have 5 maybe 6 people walking into my showroom a day.

And BTW if the choices as you present them are either an a hole or "part of the ferrari family" then I'd rather be an a hole.

Enjoy being part of the bend over family.

This is true, ferrari of Dubai is the suckiest dealership in the world. I wanted to buy a convertible maserati and the guy said "really", i mean wtf, who says "really" to a potential customer.

here's another funny dubai showroom story.
    i wanted to buy a 645ci early this year, i really wanted the car so bad that i took my check book with me for the deposit (after visiting the dealership 3 times). one would think that after visiting them 3 times, they would take you more seriously. well i sit down at this stupid eastern european sales guys desk(no offence) and hes got the guts to tell me "dont waste my time with any questions, you already know everything about the car". i showed him my checkbook and told him to go f*ck himself. then i visited the friendly people at porsche and they even gave me glass of water (hooraay).

Quote:
    ha said:
    When it was over I didn't flash my car at this guy. I didn't tell him that my friend can buy your entire stock right there and then. I didn't say anything and niether did my friend. We just turned around and walked to my car.

that is something my dad always said to me when i was young - being humble and modest. you're a good guy ha! respect to you!

let me try visit the ferrari dealer tomorrow, and see what is it like in uk , cause i only been there on sunday , can't test drive any cars.

but damn i don;t have a hidden camera!!!!

all i could say porsche dealer are very friendy that why i bought a porsche instead of slk55amg ! the saleman of bmw and merc are mostly pricks or stuck up bxxtard!!

and the worst cast is one of my friend's parents had order a vw polo at uk vw dealer,the car is ready, register paper has send to dvla . but what initial of the owner;s name they put on !? Chow Mein Kan(noodles?) instead of K.C.Wing !! I was really pissed off when i heard about this .

HA ! all i can say is you are very lucky , you don;t have to live up those those racist bxstard in uk! have you every get arrested by driving a nice car? this is what they do to me and to the indian ppl here in uk! its already been on the documentry on tv!

Quote:
    ha said:
    As we walked back to my car, I could see that same salesperson noticing my GT and he came back running out of the showroom. By then I was already inside the car with the doors closed. He tried to knock on the window to get my attention but I waived the tip of my fingers as saying f**k off to him and I drove away.

LOL

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    If 95% of the people are tirekickers, then thats part of the job. Thats doens't justify that "attitute" towards anybody who walks in, he should find out if he is a serious customer or not in a polite educated respectful manner, period. Its called good manners and etiquette and applies to all professions.

I fully agree with this, Carlos.

I remember when I was still a poor student, I was in love with the Bugatti EB110 that was just launched at the time. I paid a visit to the dealer (who by the way is one of the largest Mercedes dealer here) asking for a brochure. The lady at the reception just took note of my phone number as the boss of the dealership, who was the one dealing with Bugatti's customers, was not in at the time. I said I was just willing to get a brochure no more, so no need to bother him. She replied I would be contacted anyway.

And the same evening I got a call from the boss himself to fix a rendez-vous. I said again I was just a student with a passion for the Bugatti but without any money to buy a car.
    He said no problem.

The day after, I went there again to meet the boss and to my great surprise, he not only gave me a very nice set of brochures and pictures, but he also invited me for a 30 mn ride with him in the demo EB110

In comparison, a month ago I went to the Ferrari dealership here in Geneva as I am interested in the F430 too. I had to ask the sales(wo)man to have a few minutes of her (apparently very precious) time. Even if the waiting list is only 9 month long here, I could only get an old photocopy of a not so detailed price list as the only reply to my questions. Very far from stimulating me to buy a car from them !

I'm talking about your comments like:
    "I mean from the receptionist who thinks she is Maddona but in reality can't afford the lug nut on a car"
    "to the salesperson who thinks he is Tom Cruise but can't afford the wheel on a Ferrari"
    "to the sales manager, who could probably afford a wheel and a tire but that's about it!"
    "I went today with a friend of mine who wanted to buy the new F430 to a Ferrari dealer. This guy with 1 of his credit cards and without breaking a sweat could easily buy the MC12 that was sitting on their showroom collecting dust."
    " I was trying to simply show the difference in attitude between my very humble friend whos family is worth billions as appose to a Ferrari salesman whos probably still paying installments on his suit."
    "I didn't tell him that my friend can buy your entire stock right there and then"

You're using wealth to say you should have been treated differently and the salesman misjudged you guys. Otherwise why would you bring it up so many times ? All I was saying is right now for a 430 it's not all about wealth. The dealers are taking care of their loyal customers. Nothing wrong with that. It would stink if guys were able to take others spots for a car because they're willing to pay more.

Maybe the salesman did what he did to see if you were a serious customer or not ? He gives you the same line that he gives everybody else because that's simply the facts and sees who's interested by waiting or whos not serious and walks out ? I'm not saying what the salesman did was right but I could imagine it must be frustrating for some of these guys because they could sell so many cars if they were available. And you're right he should have tried to spend time with you guys to see if maybe he could sell something else but who knows what was going on with him at the time. And to tell you the truth I think you cut off your nose to spite your face. Who knows why he went running after you guys, maybe he saw your car and wanted to offer you twice the price because he has a customer 10 times wealthier then your friend that wants a red CGT immediately or maybe he walked away from you guys because he had to take a call from a customer that just backed away from an already spec'd out 430 due to be delivered this week and he was running out to tell you he could get you a car right away. Who knows ?

QUESTION : You guys pretty much know the situation with the wait right ? So if you guys went in there not intending to try and use wealth to get a car quicker then are you saying if the guy was a GREAT salesman your friend would have put down his deposit for the 3 year wait ???????????????

btw: I think bending over is what people get by paying $50,000 to $100,000 over msrp. Not by being patient and waiting their turn in line.

Quote:
    Nico997 said:

In comparison, a month ago I went to the Ferrari dealership here in Geneva as I am interested in the F430 too. I had to ask the sales(wo)man to have a few minutes of her (apparently very precious) time. Even if the waiting list is only 9 month long here, I could only get an old photocopy of a not so detailed price list as the only reply to my questions. Very far from stimulating me to buy a car from them !

Can you imagine the waste and cost to Ferrari if they had nice brochures available for everybody that walked in the door. I bet people would stop in just for brochures because their friend got a brochure and so on. Ferrari Brochures are colllectibles and Dealerships run a BUSINESS. Their product is sold out. They don't need to give out brochures to sell the product . If it was Chevy or Ford most of the time you can walk away with lots of colorful brochures.

Frankly I didn't get a brochure when I walked into my dealership at first either. But once I had my deposit down and I was waiting for delivery my salesman gave me an unbelievable color brochure on the Challenge Stradale as a gift. The brochure sells on the net for $79
    http://www.ferraristuff.com/index.html?target=p_1019.html&lang=en-us
    You can even find one used on ebay for $20 or so.

Imagine trying to sell a Chevy brochure on the net ? It's simple. There's not a lot of them around but people want them so they are given out carefully. Just like Ferrari's.

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    that is something my dad always said to me when i was young - being humble and modest. you're a good guy ha! respect to you!

That's pretty good advice your father gave you, Mike.

Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:

That's pretty good advice your father gave you, Mike.

yeah my dad(lol i sound like a 10 year old) is a hell of a guy, still have tonnes that i can learn from him!

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Maybe the salesman did what he did to see if you were a serious customer or not ? He gives you the same line that he gives everybody else because that's simply the facts and sees who's interested by waiting or whos not serious and walks out ?

you can't generalise there either as not everybody is the same and can't be approached in the same way. i don't think ha was using those comments to try give you the wrong impression about jumping line. if i have the money, i would just buy one of those new ones for over MSRP, why wait just so you can customise options a little bit? i think what he meant to say was the first impression he got from the dealer was just appauling as he if didn't care about doing business with his friend.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:Can you imagine the waste and cost to Ferrari if they had nice brochures available for everybody that walked in the door. I bet people would stop in just for brochures because their friend got a brochure and so on. Ferrari Brochures are colllectibles and Dealerships run a BUSINESS. Their product is sold out.

Stradale,

The former Bugatti dealer I discussed with told me he did not mind at all about the poor student I was asking for a brochure. In a near future I could very much be one of his cherished customers. This is what I called running a business.

All the other sports cars or supercars dealers don't mind giving brochures and catalogues and in some cases, their cars are as exclusive and expensive as Ferraris and the waiting list is even longer. The same day I went to the Lambo dealership to ask about the Gallardo. The guy there spent half an hour replying my questions and showing me the car, offered me a test drive and I finally got a nice brochure and an original price list, not a photocopy.

Ferrari dealership are, you said, running a business ? Then I wonder why Ferrari is paying these nice ladies and other salesperson to do absolutely nothing except showing the door to the few visitors they have ? There is obviously some potential for Ferrari to increase its profitability.

And contrary to what you said, their products are not sold out at all. At least not the F430. I was confirmed I could get a F430 to my wishes in less than 9 months. Count on an additional 1 to 3 months delay to get the spyder version. So, this is more or less the same delay as ordering a 997S. And Porsche is producing much more cars. I mean, how can a Ferrari being such an exclusive product when the wait is only a bit more than half a year for its more popular model ? Come on ! Obviously Ferrari still has (and needs) customers to serve.

But maybe this illustrates the fact you can have the most beautiful and desirable product in the world, insulting customers could finally conduct you to a catastrophy.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:They don't need to give out brochures to sell the product.

Strange. How then do you know the options you can get and how they look like ? I maybe the strange guy in this case but I want to be able to carefully study the brochure and list of options to choose from.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:Frankly I didn't get a brochure when I walked into my dealership at first either. But once I had my deposit down and I was waiting for delivery my salesman gave me an unbelievable color brochure on the Challenge Stradale as a gift.

A brochure as a gift ? And once the product is ordered ? To my knowledge, the role of a brochure is to help and guide the customer before he places his order, not after.

The lady at Ferrari in Geneva clearly made me understood that, like in your case, I could start discussing and that I could get more details once I placed a deposit. Do you know another business where you are asked to pay before knowing what you will get ? There may be one but as far as I am concerned, I don't like to be f..ed.

More seriously, being so arrogant and proud is certainly not the right way to do. And I am apparently not the only one to be of this opinion. Indeed, I can give the recent real case of an important Ferrari dealer here who had to close its doors because of its customers were so unhappy that they finally stopped considering buying another Ferrari.

This situation was not due to the dealer himself, but to Ferrari's attitude in general. A fact observed by my father in law who is providing insurances for high priced and other super cars here. He has a portfolio of a few thousands customers, most of them being with him since decades now. The situation is that his business linked to Ferrari has decreased dramatically since a few years now. His customers Ferrari owners are more and more complaining about the way they are considered and a majority of them are now turning towards other marques. It maybe a local thing, but I sincerely doubt it.

Quote:
    Nico997 said:
    I said again I was just a student with a passion for the Bugatti but without any money to buy a car.
    He said no problem.

The day after, I went there again to meet the boss and to my great surprise, he not only gave me a very nice set of brochures and pictures, but he also invited me for a 30 mn ride with him in the demo EB110

now THAT is how one is supposed to do business!

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Nico997 said:

Can you imagine the waste and cost to Ferrari if they had nice brochures available for everybody that walked in the door. I bet people would stop in just for brochures because their friend got a brochure and so on. Ferrari Brochures are colllectibles and Dealerships run a BUSINESS. Their product is sold out. They don't need to give out brochures to sell the product . If it was Chevy or Ford most of the time you can walk away with lots of colorful brochures.

Frankly I didn't get a brochure when I walked into my dealership at first either. But once I had my deposit down and I was waiting for delivery my salesman gave me an unbelievable color brochure on the Challenge Stradale as a gift. The brochure sells on the net for $79
    http://www.ferraristuff.com/index.html?target=p_1019.html&lang=en-us
    You can even find one used on ebay for $20 or so.

Imagine trying to sell a Chevy brochure on the net ? It's simple. There's not a lot of them around but people want them so they are given out carefully. Just like Ferrari's.

Let's not forget - it wasn't that long ago that Ferrari's product line up consisted of the 348, Mondial convertible and Testarossa - cars that weren't very compelling in their day and don't reflect the 'investment value' that so many Ferraristi cherish about the 360 & 430. Rewarding loyal customers is a fine strategy but as we all know, customers DO get older and then what? Don't you need new customers to keep your company alive? Just refer to Cadillac as one example of a company that followed its customers as they got older and look what it did to their product line. Even though I would never buy a Ferrari because I don't like the attention they get and don't want to worry every time I'd park it, the biggest reason I'd never be tempted to buy one is the poor dealer experience. I'll save Nick the trouble of responding - "Good for you Jeff. Porsche builds plenty of cars for you to buy." He's right and my world is better for it.

Nico 997, if it is true that in Switzerland many previous Ferrari buyers are looking to other marques, I consider this terrific news for Ferrari lovers in North America. We will be happy to take Switzerlands allotment.

Please understand in the US we do not need to be pampered and fawned upon. In all the years I have been buying Ferrari's, not once have I received a brochure and nor have asked for one. This is despite the fact that I am considered a good client of Ferrari.

MY expectation in working with Ferrari is very simple. They deliver what they promise. I could care less about the "bells and whistles".

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    760542 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    434277 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    259967 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257116 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80737 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5311 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

871192 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    806342 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM