Crown

Board: Porsche - Boxster Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Some Quick Pictures (sorry for the delay) :-D

Sorry everyone for the delay, I've been driving WAY too much and have no regrets doing so, even if oil has just pierced the $64 a barrel mark!

I'm going to post the pictures I have right (the pictures of the wheel itself and the Chrome Exhaust didn't download for some reason so I'll get that to you shortly, for now enjoy these)

Black Three Quarters View, 19" Carrera Classics, Beautiful car in beautiful weather

Re: Some Quick Pictures (sorry for the delay) :-D

The Badge of Excellence

Carbon Fiber detail - on gearshifter and handbrake including dash (the pictures of the door sills did not upload, I will get them to you shortly)

Very nice, love the wheels, though may I suggest clear side indicators?

Sport steering wheel...black floor mats..Bose speakers....

Another cabin shot, to put it in perspective

Bose Subwoofer - pretty good sound, but still too much mid-bass for me....excellent with the top down...

Cabin from the front with the window....I still have more pictures to take (and post) - just haven't gotten around to it, I just knew that you guys would want to see it....will get pics of the sills, chrome tailpipe, etc. as soon as I can, enjoy these for now and I welcome the comments (compliments hopefully!)

I also want to thank everyone for being extremely friendly on this site and for giving me something to discuss while I waited for my car. Thanks a bunch!

great pics! i love the new boxter in black...it looks soooo good. and as for your Bose subwoofer comment...thats cuz its not actually a "subwoofer" its what bose calls a "bass module" and they suck in comparison to a real subwoofer

Fantastic!
    Only missing are:
    -clear indicators
    - sport seats!!!
    Love the carbon. Enjoy!

Nice to see the carbon.
    I think leather on the instrument binacle dome and on the sides of the centre console would have finished it off a little better without going to the full leather, but in the end the fun is in the driving and I hope you get loadsa fun out of it.

Regarding the Bose, I think it sounds great when stationary, but as soon as you get cruising at 50mph+ it stards to sound lousy. Aren't you going to give your baby a audio going-over?

That is a very beautiful car. Love the carbon - it goes great with the Basalt!!

I think you're the first one on here that nailed that right on the money - they call it a bass module cause it doesnt hit true sub lows (I believe it cuts off at like 55 Hz, similar to their Home Acoustimass line). A true sub would be able to hit at least 35 Hz and preferably lower (I have a sub at home that can hit 16 Hz and its stunning) - In other words it wouldn't be able to accurately reproduce the Boxster S's growl. :-D

You know, I'm still considering the whole make-over but I don't know if I'm now willing to spend that much cash on the audio alone when I can put it towards a sports exhaust (whether its an OEM one that Porsche will come with) or the TechArt exhaust which haven't been priced yet according to the U.S. distributor CEC Wheels (www.cecwheels.com)....if I do make it over in conjunction with cloaking the car as I had mentioned earlier I will show you pictures... I have some more coming - if there are specific pictures you all want to see, let me know, I'll take em and post em - it's gonna be a busy weekend :-D

Amazingly, it's not basalt - it's solid black :-D

Quote:
    ajcastaneda said:
    Amazingly, it's not basalt - it's solid black :-D

I have solid Black as well. Looks really good in my opinion and you save a couple of $$s to spend on other stuff

Hi AJ, could you take a picture of the Cupholders ?
    They should be covered with CARBON too, since you ordered the Carbon strip on the Dash that hides them !!
    THANKS !!
    VERY NICE CAR

That 'Passenger airbag off' light infront of the gear lever... is that new for the 06 model year? I'm guessing it's something to do with the inteligent passenger airbag deactivation thing that appears to be on the 997 06 model year.

Yes, you are correct. On the passenger door where the hinge meets the body, there is a small keyhole for you to turn clockwise. This de-activates the airbag incase you have an infant passenger (I won't have one of those for a very long time lol). It lights up yellow. Additionally, I remember seeing a post about this a while back...There IS indeed lighting behind the interior door handles. It glows light blue, similar to the instrument lighting. Also, there is a soft blue light near the HomeLink (Home link was standard on my car by the way) that illuminates the gear shifter at night (think BMW's orange illumination, but less intense, and a much cooler blue).

I welcome any specific questions about the model, I'll even try and get pictures for ya if you need em. :-D

-AJ

Quote:
    Danny G said:
    ...though may I suggest clear side indicators?

Congrats aj, looks great

Nice motor... The first black one I have seen with classics!!!

I have a basalt black S with the Carrera S wheels... Really wanted the classics but they were not available when I ordered mine! Damn you!!!!!

Looking forward to seeing the chrome exhaust, mines starting to look tatty after 4 months so me be in for them if they look good.

Oh and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

Congratualtions!! Beautiful car, enjoy!!

I've never seen Black with the classics before either, it does look very classy! Congrats and thanks for the good to know info on the airbag deactivation!

Beautiful ride, congrats.

If you don't mind me asking, what are your reasons for not getting PASM or sport chrono?

Main factor was I test drove the vehicle with the larger wheel size and the ride was comfortable (even with all the Manhattan potholes). The price of PASM and sport chrono far outweighed the benefit of each - I wouldn't be driving the vehicle so hard as to require the stiffer suspension set-ups/sport mode. If you are taking your vehicle to the track, both of these are solid options to pick-up, but I don't see myself doing that in the foreseeable future.

Also, the sport chrono looks ugly on top of the dash - similar to the diamond tweeters found on top of B&W speakers, or the center channel found on older Volvo C70's.

I say save the money and put it towards other options such as the larger rims, or to chip away at the price of full full leather, or adaptive sport seats.

Saw my first UK spec 06 car today. The passenger deactivation light is for US markets only. Unfortunatley they have done away with the 3rd 12Volt socket in the passenger footwell and also the map pockets on the back of the seats. Shame really, considering the price increase for MY06.

Just seeing AJ's Black 'n Classic is making the next 5 weeks wait even harder. Roll on Mid September.

Cheers,

JZ

Quote:
    JZ said:also the map pockets on the back of the seats.

Really? How tight!

Beautiful! I especially like the carbon, the Carrera Classics and the sport wheel. I'm sorry I didn't get the last two on mine.

We're waiting for that photo of the speedo at 167 on the West Side Highway !

I send JZ a private message correcting this for the US models (not sure if its the same in the UK). There are only two 12 V sockets - one in the arm rest storage space, and one in the passenger's footwell. There is no 12V socket in the cigarette/ashtray area.

I do not have the sport seats so I can't comment on the map pockets. But would you really take the car some place you're not familiar with?

AJ, I knew it.. you were too busy driving to take pics. Just the way it should be

It's beautiful. I agree on the classic wheels looking better than the Carrera S with a black car. How do you like the seats?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689432 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409135 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255702 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234967 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65517 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857916 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773955 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM