Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Porsche Crest on Head Restraints (XSC)

Would anyone have pictues of the Porsche Crest on Head Restraints on the Sports Seats? Any thoughts on if it looks good?

Re: Porsche Crest on Head Restraints (XSC)

Have a look at
    http://www.rennteam.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=903&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

Looks great! But do be honest. Most of the time I look ahead and don't even notice this crest. For a cab it makes more sense because you can better see it top down. At least it's not so expensive.

I personally think its cool... ill get it... it just makes the car more appealing to me IMO

i like it, nice finishing touch

here's a pic of mine

Agree, one of the best values for money, if that exists at Porsche

what is NOT a value for money is the aluminium foot rest LOL! what a joke!!

adds more confusion to an already busy interior. If you do decide to get it, you might as well do a big shopping spree at Porsche selection, get the Porsche jackets, Porsche shirts, Porsche hats, Porsche mugs, Porsche ties, Porsche pen set, Porsche lapel pins, Porsche underwear.

A very nice, classy, subtle touch, IMO.

It's subtle and innocuous in my opinion. A bit silly if you were to fixate on those hard-to-notice embossments, when you've got a bling-bling rap-star Porsche medallion staring at you from the center of the steering wheel.

Don't mind MMD, he's going to retire in a 12 x 12 concrete cubicle painted white with a single 60-watt bulb dangling from the ceiling, sitting cross-legged naked on the floor muttering about stitching a-la Dustin Hoffman in Rain Man. Another little-known secret.... his daily driver is a Honda Element...

Quote:
    69bossnine said:
    It's subtle and innocuous in my opinion. A bit silly if you were to fixate on those hard-to-notice embossments, when you've got a bling-bling rap-star Porsche medallion staring at you from the center of the steering wheel.

The crest is easier to see on some colors than others. If you like it, it's certainly cheap enough as Porsch options go.
    Watched you on tv earlier 69bossnine. Gee, you look like a regular normal guy.

As opposed to an irregular abnormal guy, I'll take that as a compliment...

Quote:
    69bossnine said:
    As opposed to an irregular abnormal guy, I'll take that as a compliment...

You should! That's how I meant it.

Quote:
    MMD said:
    adds more confusion to an already busy interior. If you do decide to get it, you might as well do a big shopping spree at Porsche selection, get the Porsche jackets, Porsche shirts, Porsche hats, Porsche mugs, Porsche ties, Porsche pen set, Porsche lapel pins, Porsche underwear.

You seem to suffer from bling-bling syndrome. You better see a doctor and get some help. With this syndrome how can you even consider driving something as flashy as a Porsche? You may not be able to sleep at night.

Did you get the Carrera name delete option on your car? Are you removing the crest on the front hood? I know you didn't get the colored crests on the wheels.

Phil

Quote:
    69bossnine said:

Don't mind MMD, he's going to retire in a 12 x 12 concrete cubicle painted white with a single 60-watt bulb dangling from the ceiling, sitting cross-legged naked on the floor muttering about stitching a-la Dustin Hoffman in Rain Man. Another little-known secret.... his daily driver is a Honda Element...

Hehehehe! LOL!

Thanks for the fun 69Bossnine. Nah, I'm just making conversation; trying to make it fun, joking around etc. I do believe less-is-more but certainly don't have any problems with other people doing what they want. Heck, when I actually get to spend time with a 997 with headrest crests maybe I'll find that I was wrong.

Anyway, I, like other guys here, am trying to do my best putting some ideas and personal opinions out there so boarders have more information and can think things thru on their own.

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    what is NOT a value for money is the aluminium foot rest LOL! what a joke!!

I ordered it this week!!!!! I thaught the plastic one doesn't look great.
    Do you have a pic of it as I have never seen it ???

LMAO gnil, search for previous thread, will look for the link so long. only difference is that is has a aluminium border around the edge, and it costs i think $450 for the option!! ROFL

here's another pic in black (?)

It looks great and is an inexpensive bit of personalisation

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    LMAO gnil, search for previous thread, will look for the link so long. only difference is that is has a aluminium border around the edge, and it costs i think $450 for the option!! ROFL

Thanks..Have seen it now... Not worth it!

Looks good if you like it!

Its a typical add on money maker , who needs it ..

throt..

Quote:
    throt said:

throt..

That is true for 90% of the extra goodies Porsche offers. If we all base our choices on "who needs it" we would all order the base car with very few options. The base car offers the best value.....Porsche really starts to rake in the profits with all the goodies we add.

Phil

Quote:
    PS CA said:
    Quote:
    throt said:

throt..

That is true for 90% of the extra goodies Porsche offers. If we all base our choices on "who needs it" we would all order the base car with very few options. The base car offers the best value.....Porsche really starts to rake in the profits with all the goodies we add.

Phil

Thats right , we are the suckers and they love it . I f I remember rightly on a TVR you can choose a different colour piping around your carpet mats if you like , at a price of course - grab grab grab ..

throt..

the black with the white stitching looks good MMD

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    the black with the white stitching looks good MMD

Not to loud is it Mike , stop it your giving me ideas I wonder if they do a subtle GT Silver stitching .

throt..

lol throt, yóu've already got one on order, so why not just go the whole nine yards :P

Lol , cant even see the stitching colour configuration prices on the p site . Maybe its because they stitch us up enough over here already .The salesman I deal with is as tight as a crabs arse.. ..

throt....

The crests in headrests looks awesome imo. Even better in the 997 then the 996. In the 996 the stamp was not as sharp, not as creased. Love the way Ferrari puts the cavillino on their seats, love the cool crest in a Porsche. Definately gives a very rich looking finishing touch that only you and other Porsche heads will notice. Especially worth it in a convertible, even more so with adaptive sport seats !

The funny thing for me is - Since I really started digging the crests when I see a car without them it's not a major bummer but feels like - Ahhh too bad............ Know what I mean ?

Like it's unfinished just because of a small add on. I like Porsche crests but don't like them in gold. I painted my valve cap stems black and silver to match my center caps and changed the crest on the hood to the silver anniversary edition. If I could only find a silver crest for the airbag I'd be set.

oh man... stradale! now I want one!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    691173 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410246 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256274 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235434 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65761 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4747 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858880 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775201 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM