Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

F1 Hockenheim: Girlieman wins, Iceman loses

So, we're back to the usual upside down world:
    *The fastest man on the track -bar none- loses.
    *Mercedes still cant make an engine last a whole race.
    *Renault builds cars that last forever.
    *A spaniard wins.
    *The world champ is getting run over by everybody.

Yes, truly everything is upside down.

I must congratulate Alonso on being excellent at not being the best or fastest driver in F1 and still managing to maximize his points.

Kimi has now lost 40 points (4 x sure no 1 spots) due to unbelieably sucky build quality by Mercedes.

And yet again we must see the girlieman hold up his 6 girlie-fingers.
    Clearly shows that Allahondo is still overtly excited and surprised that he wins...no wonder, he only wins when Kimi's car breaks down.
    Very classy and sportsmanlike behaviour.
    "Look, I just got my ass kicked by Kimi, but I still lift my hands in glee as if I actually managed to work my way to this victory. Reality check? Who, what, where?".

I would like to see Schumi do the same everytime he wins. Would be hilarious to see him sign "84 victories".

At any rate. Too bad there is little justice in this world.
    Otherwise Fairybang Gadonzo would be doing a photoshoot for his own hair product line..and Kimi would sit in a car that didnt break down.

Re: F1 Hockenheim: Girlieman wins, Iceman loses

You just HAD to start another thread, didn't you?
    http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=121699&an=0&page=0#121699

Ha ha!

I haven't paid any attention to F1 since Indianapolis. It just seems like a complete "dog and pony show" after that farce. I'll watch Moto GP from now on, thanks.

But yay Dr. Phil for ekeing out the last squirt of gas onto this fire! I knew we could count on you Dr Phil!

mcdelaug

he is too sore right now to have noticed

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:

Maybe if you didn't stand on your head instead of your feet you would see things rightside up like the rest of us

Grab a tissue-box Dr.Phil: 36 points advantage and 7 GP's to go... and next is one of Alonso's favorites, Hungary GP

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    So, we're back to the usual upside down world:
    *The fastest man on the track -bar none- loses.
    This is not uncommon. Senna had 65 poles but only won 41 times, a disgrace.
    *Mercedes still cant make an engine last a whole race.
    To be more accurate, they can't make two engines that last the whole race.
    That's especially true for Trulli
    I must congratulate Alonso on being excellent at not being the best or fastest driver in F1 and still managing to maximize his points.
    Winning when you're not the fastest might make you the best.

Clearly shows that Allahondo is still overtly excited and surprised that he wins...no wonder, he only wins when Kimi's car breaks down.
    You wouldn't be excited if you won a Formula One race?
    Very classy and sportsmanlike behaviour.
    "Look, I just got my ass kicked by Kimi, but I still lift my hands in glee as if I actually managed to work my way to this victory.
    McLaren concentrated on ultimate performance and Renault was willing to sacrifice some of that for durability. Renault's strategy would seem to be better. Look how fast you can make a dragster if it only has to last 1/4 mile.
    At any rate. Too bad there is little justice in this world.
    Welcome to Planet Earth.
    Otherwise Fairybang Gadonzo would be doing a photoshoot for his own hair product line..and Kimi would sit in a car that didnt break down.

You don't like Steady Freddie, do you?

I watched the race .. it was actually entertaining (save the commercials). It's a lot better than the indy series where only 7 cars finish at the end (the rest don't have blown engines, they simply crash into one another). and yeah... mercedes has an issue... their engines and gearboxes break down. Ferrari did okay, but they have sucked all season (I think it is the car). BMW ehhhh... get a new car and quit the crazy designs. Renault looks like they are going to win the whole thing this year.

Quote:
    brunner said:
    You just HAD to start another thread, didn't you?
    http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=121699&an=0&page=0#121699

Actually, I jus saw yours AFTER I started mine....but I guess I would have started a new thread anyways

Carlos, I know that when Albadanzo introduces his new line of girliemen hairproducts called "Tawdry" and his book "You don't have to deserve it to gloat when you win " and maxi single featuring the Backseat Boys with a remake of the old Phil Collins song: "no talent required"...I know he can count on you to be the first in line.
    Hell, maybe you can get his autograph and a signed lipgloss?
    Huhu..

Quote:
    LowPolarMoment said:

You wouldn't be excited if you won a Formula One race?

You don't like Steady Freddie, do you?

a) Nope, not if I knew I got my ass kicked by another driver only to get the victory handed to me my a mechanical failure. But of course, Alllahondo has just left hi school and probably havent had any classes in sportsmanship.

b) Steady Freddie...sorry, dunno what or who that is. Is that Allabando's boyfriend?

Hey Dr. Phil, this is getting fun, but you shouldn't criticize Carlos for misguided patriotism. It seems like you're the one who blindly supports the Scandanavian chap.
    In the 8 races that Fernando and Kimi finished, Fernando beat Kimi 6 of 8 times. Alonso has won 4 races in which Kimi didn't break down and Kimi has won 2 races in which Alonso didn't break down. Being the fastest pays nothing. Being on pole pays nothing. Finishing the race in the top 8 pays points. Montoya, Wurz and De La Rosa had no problem finishing the races, just Kimi. In "the old days", the driver's championship was determined by your best 12 results out of 16 races. That allowed for 4 DNF's without any penalty to the driver. The theory being that driver shouldn't be penalized for the failure of the car. A system like that would be great for Kimi.

Right on Carlos. Don't let Phil get away with it!

Is that Dr. Phil with a blond hair transplant? LOOL!
    Dammit Carlos. Now I don't just need to tell you how F1 works - now I also need to teach you how to photoshop!

Ha ha ha!

You two little boys should be sent to bed without dinner! It is fun to read, I must admit.

mcdelaug

Quote:
    LowPolarMoment said:
    Hey Dr. Phil, this is getting fun, but you shouldn't criticize Carlos for misguided patriotism. It seems like you're the one who blindly supports the Scandanavian chap.
    In the 8 races that Fernando and Kimi finished, Fernando beat Kimi 6 of 8 times. Alonso has won 4 races in which Kimi didn't break down and Kimi has won 2 races in which Alonso didn't break down. Being the fastest pays nothing. Being on pole pays nothing. Finishing the race in the top 8 pays points. Montoya, Wurz and De La Rosa had no problem finishing the races, just Kimi. In "the old days", the driver's championship was determined by your best 12 results out of 16 races. That allowed for 4 DNF's without any penalty to the driver. The theory being that driver shouldn't be penalized for the failure of the car. A system like that would be great for Kimi.

Have to back Dr. Phil here, in the 2 races Kimi was put back 10 spots because of change of engine. He would have won both these races! That makes 4-4 in the races were both finished.

But the car is part of F1 otherwise the drivers would be running around the track McLaren Mercedes should get their act together, but Kimi rules

Zurich said: in the 2 races Kimi was put back 10 spots because of change of engine. He would have won both these races! That makes 4-4 in the races were both finished.

Oh, I didn't realize you were giving those races to Kimi. Why doesn't he just stay in Finland and everyone else can concede first place to him? They can race for 2nd place. Most of you are probably don't remember how Alain Prost was able to save his equipment so he could win without having the fastest car. He had 33 poles but 51 wins. Both McLaren and Kimi must surely know that the fastest car doesn't always win. In order to finish first, you first have to finish.

Quote:
    LowPolarMoment said:
    Why doesn't he just stay in Finland and everyone else can concede first place to him? They can race for 2nd place. .

Hey! That's a great idea! youre so right!
    Wow! Why didnt I think of that?

Quote:
    LowPolarMoment said:
    Zurich said: in the 2 races Kimi was put back 10 spots because of change of engine. He would have won both these races! That makes 4-4 in the races were both finished.

Oh, I didn't realize you were giving those races to Kimi. Why doesn't he just stay in Finland and everyone else can concede first place to him? They can race for 2nd place. Most of you are probably don't remember how Alain Prost was able to save his equipment so he could win without having the fastest car. He had 33 poles but 51 wins. Both McLaren and Kimi must surely know that the fastest car doesn't always win. In order to finish first, you first have to finish.

Did you actually watch the races

A reminder, the results of the last two races (Before H'Heim):
    British GP

French GP

And yes Kimi would have finished first if he didn't had to change the engine during practice (he was put back 10 places in the start line-up)

Oh, I don't drive a Mercedes and probably never will and I'm not Scandinavian.

Zürich, you have deserved a lifetime membership to the Dr. Phil Club of Rational & Pragmatic Kimi-Fans
    We have to stand together in the fight against Allahandoitis. The virus that eats up you reason and gives you an urge to eat paella and wear lipgloss.

Quote:
    Zürich said:
    Quote:
    LowPolarMoment said:

Did you actually watch the races

YUP. I've watched every F1 race that's been televised in the US since the mid 80's. I've also gone to most of the US and Canadian GP's in that time. Thank goodness I was unable to go to Indy this year.

Quote:
    Zürich said:
    British GP
    French GP
    And yes Kimi would have finished first if he didn't had to change the engine during practice (he was put back 10 places in the start line-up)

I saw those races. Alonso finished ahead of Raikkonen in both of them. By the way, starting with a fresh engine is a huge advantage. That's why they penalize you 10 spots on the starting grid. However, just because they penalize you 10 spots doesn't mean a new engine is only worth 10 spots. It may be more of an advantage than that. McLaren seems to do better with a fresh engine and a crummy spot on the starting grid. Look what Montoya did this week. No mechanical failures for Montoya, de la Rosa or Wurz this year, just Kimi. Pushing a car to its limits may get you better lap times but if you break the car, you haven't accomplished much.

Quote:
    LowPolarMoment said:
    Quote:
    Zürich said:
    British GP
    French GP

I saw those races. Alonso finished ahead of Raikkonen in both of them. By the way, starting with a fresh engine is a huge advantage. That's why they penalize you 10 spots on the starting grid. However, just because they penalize you 10 spots doesn't mean a new engine is only worth 10 spots. It may be more of an advantage than that. McLaren seems to do better with a fresh engine and a crummy spot on the starting grid. Look what Montoya did this week. No mechanical failures for Montoya, de la Rosa or Wurz this year, just Kimi. Pushing a car to its limits may get you better lap times but if you break the car, you haven't accomplished much.

That's an interesting theory.
    Staring ten places worse with a fresh engine is better than starting on pole.
    LOL.
    You must do some serious carpet smoking

Maybe you should contact Ferrari. I think you may have a solution to their problems. The brandnew "Fresh engine-10 places behind winning combo"-strategy.
    Whoohoo.

Quote:
    LowPolarMoment said:
    Quote:
    Zürich said:
    British GP
    French GP

If you are watching since the mid 80' you haven't learned a lot. Seriously this is the biggest b******t ever posted on this boards

Zurich said: If you are watching since the mid 80' you haven't learned a lot. Seriously this is the biggest b******t ever posted on this boards

Wonder how you guys stay out of wars speaking to people like that?

Quote:
    LowPolarMoment said:
    Zurich said: If you are watching since the mid 80' you haven't learned a lot. Seriously this is the biggest b******t ever posted on this boards

Wonder how you guys stay out of wars speaking to people like that?

By using emoticons like the one Zürich used in his post
    Take it easy. If we ever had an F1-war I'd be the first casualty

I don't know Phil. Seems like an unnecessarily personal attack just because we have differing opinions.

Quote:
    LowPolarMoment said:
    I don't know Phil. Seems like an unnecessarily personal attack just because we have differing opinions.

Yeah, well.
    I learned some posts ago not to take this forum too seriously.
    So what if the debate gets heated - it's all just cars, right?
    I've called many things in here and used to get totally worked up about it. Now I (ususally) take it with a grain of salt and let it slide.
    Most people in here mean well, and just get too enthusiastic once in a while.
    Life is too short and there are so many other, more important issues in life, to get negative about people talking to you in a tone less respectful.

It's not for me to decide how you should react - but give it a thought.
    Doc Piddy.

Thanks Phil. I'll try to keep it in perspective. It just caught me by surprise. I've never used a forum like this before the last month or two. Mostly, the people here have been pretty kind to one another in spite of some members feeling certain they're more enlightened the rest.

LowPolarMoment, sometimes things get heated, the response was a bit borderline IMO, but in these internet boards were different people from all over the world try to get along its sometimes difficult since the written form is so cold and emotionless. You have been a gentleman not to reply with more personal attacks, Dr.Phils advice is a good one

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688925 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408890 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255611 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234862 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65451 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4638 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857715 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773662 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM