Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Full leather interior 997 still stopped!

Dealer told me two days ago that my car still doesn't have a production date bc Porsche AG still has problem with orders will full leather interior!
    I find that pretty much unacceptable from a manufacturer like Porsche and was wondering if the delaer was BS-ing me or if anyone have heard about this leather problem as well?
    Thanks in advance.

Re: Full leather interior 997 still stopped!

I think you should demand 10% discount for the delay Fanch i don't know whether if it's true or not, sorry

Mad Cow Disease

Quote:
    Coffee said:
    Mad Cow Disease

No, definitely not, Porsche, like Mercedes import their leather from Argentina because they are no barbwire there, but Mercedes does not have a leather supply problem.
    This leather supply problem has been running for a while now and when I mentionned it on Rennteam, other Rennteamers confirmed from their dealerships that the story was indeed true.
    I just wanna check if it's still the case or if my dealer is BS me. I do not trust dealers at all, they are thiefs, dishonnest, liars and ignorant incompetent people.

Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Quote:
    Coffee said:
    Mad Cow Disease

No, definitely not, Porsche, like Mercedes import their leather from Argentina because they are no barbwire there, but Mercedes does not have a leather supply problem.
    This leather supply problem has been running for a while now and when I mentionned it on Rennteam, other Rennteamers confirmed from their dealerships that the story was indeed true.
    I just wanna check if it's still the case or if my dealer is BS me. I do not trust dealers at all, they are thiefs, dishonnest, liars and ignorant incompetent people.

Argentina? Eat more steaks then!

Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Quote:
    Coffee said:
    Mad Cow Disease

LOL... hey Fanch... don't hold back but tell us what you really think!

Quote:
    Fanch said:
    I do not trust dealers at all, they are thiefs, dishonnest, liars and ignorant incompetent people.

Yeah that's about right. Though I think the sales staff is more to blame.

Definitely sucks to be put on yet another waiting list as it were. Would put delivery into a UK fall or winter too. Sorry to hear that. If it were I, I would consider putting off my order (re-ordering) the car so it arrives in Spring. You'd get a better car perhaps (possiblely fewer bugs)? The nice thing about waiting is that once the car arrives you totally forget about the waiting after a few weeks... . Wait..., no..., there's NOTHING nice about waiting!! Definitely suuucks to suffer from somebody screwing up the leather orderfulfillment.

Quote:
    MMD said:
    Definitely sucks to be put on yet another waiting list as it were. Would put delivery into a UK fall or winter too. Sorry to hear that. If it were I, I would consider putting off my order (re-ordering) the car so it arrives in Spring. You'd get a better car perhaps (possiblely fewer bugs)? The nice thing about waiting is that once the car arrives you totally forget about the waiting after a few weeks... . Wait..., no..., there's NOTHING nice about waiting!! Definitely suuucks to suffer from somebody screwing up the leather orderfulfillment.

thanks for the input guys,
    I believe more and more that the dealer is BS me, RC if you know anything, thanks in advance man.
    If indeed this is BS, I will of course cancel my order straight away and ask for the deposit back, true I'll probably have a car even later if I order somewhere else but sod it, this is truly ridiculous.
    I have a hunch, I personally don't believe a word of that full leather story but I need to find out.
    Would it be appropriate to call Porsche AG in Zuffenhausen? I'm pretty sure they'd tell me to contact my dealer, duh!!!

There was some "offical" news of an apparently real leather shortage about a month (?) ago here on Rennteam... .

I doubt they'd stop full leather with colors only available with full leather....Hopefully.

cannot be true, i ordered my Basalt Black with natural brown leather in March and have my build date of july 23, hurray ! I called the dealer today as you have got me scared and my car is PRDBDY (Vehicle in Factory Body Shop), sooooooooooooooooooooo it would not be there without the interior. Yippee

tommorow my baby is born

Quote:
    ROYALPAR1 said:
    cannot be true, i ordered my Basalt Black with natural brown leather in March and have my build date of july 23, hurray ! I called the dealer today as you have got me scared and my car is PRDBDY (Vehicle in Factory Body Shop), sooooooooooooooooooooo it would not be there without the interior. Yippee

tommorow my baby is born

Is Vehicle in Factory Body Shop a good thing? Would all cars show this code or only cars that need some repair work?

I don't know, I am just asking.

Phil

Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Dealer told me two days ago that my car still doesn't have a production date bc Porsche AG still has problem with orders will full leather interior!

My car ordered second week of April has the stone grey full leather and was picked up right at the factory first week of July. Fanch, instead of a leather problem I think they rather have a problem with your X51 option

all the cars go thru this stage, until the next stage

PLPROD (Vehicle is Planned for Production)
    PRDBDY (Vehicle in Factory Body Shop)
    PRDPNT (Vehicle in Factory Paint Shop)
    to today
    PRDLST (Factory Last Checkpoint)
    Tomorrow it should show up as
    CMPPRD (Vehicle Completed Production) and a vin
    Then the next milestone to look forward to will be:
    ONVESL date (On Vessel date)

Quote:
    Fanch said:
    I find that pretty much unacceptable from a manufacturer like Porsche and was wondering if the delaer was BS-ing me or if anyone have heard about this leather problem as well?
    Thanks in advance.

it's always the same with PAG. i don't get it. this is really annoying. they are building the 911 for over 40 years now and are always "suprised" by the high demand for this and that option. it was the same when i ordered my first C2 back in 2000. it was delayed for 2 months because "we didn't expect so many orders with full leather interior and PSE". hello? any carrera out there WITHOUT full leather interior?

cancel it, get a F430, all the essentials come as standard -- full leather and great exhaust sound included!

According to a bulletin issued by PCNA, July 7:

"full leather interior, including color to sample, is once again available on model 997 110"

Quote:
    zzboba said:
    Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Thanks in advance.

it's always the same with PAG. i don't get it. this is really annoying. they are building the 911 for over 40 years now and are always "suprised" by the high demand for this and that option. it was the same when i ordered my first C2 back in 2000. it was delayed for 2 months because "we didn't expect so many orders with full leather interior and PSE". hello? any carrera out there WITHOUT full leather interior?

cancel it, get a F430, all the essentials come as standard -- full leather and great exhaust sound included!

Thanks again for the inputs guys,
    I took matter into my own hands, I got my Ferrari Tim to call Porsche, they do that often, and I called Germany, they recognised they had an issue a few weeks but it's all soved now.
    My dealer lied to me and I'm gonna give him, I will most probably still stick with the car, but once delivery is done (you never know! ) I will write a letter of complaint to Porsche France, this is unacceptable, dealers really think they can say whatever they want to costumers, sad guys!
    Zzoba, I love the F430, I really do, but in France, it wouldn't be a good travel car, it's not even about luggage space (there's actually plenty) but it's a communist country and parking it anywhere is a liability!
    It's be perfect for a day out or weekend but on long trips, I like to just stop wherever I want and go for a walk etc, it's bad enough with a dark colored 911, sadly, I don't think I could handle a Ferrari... yet. I'm still young, give me some time.

hi fench,
    did you get confirmation for the built date?sorry if i reapeat myself,but you are getting the 997s pk right?
    please tell me something about it,cause my dealer doesn't know anything about pk

thank you very much.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690415 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409711 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255936 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235189 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65641 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4657 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858368 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774623 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM