Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

My PSE arrived installing it tomorrow!

Hi guys,

My PSE arrived earlier than expected, is there anything i should specifically look out for when collecting the car? btw what should i do with the old exhaust?

Re: My PSE arrived installing it tomorrow!

Hi Mike!!!, we just got installed (retrofit) the PSE too , well actually since monday of this week ....

Just let me say guys, that PSE is just the BEST option to go for, as simple as that, each time engine starts is as if we had another car, I love it!!!!!! ....

@Carlos; The loudness modification was already with the hose tube off ( I think porsche dealers visit too frequently rennteam.com), well so no problem at all trying to do the modification , btw thanks for all your pics

@Mike; We left the stock exhausts at dealer, reason is that we got PSE for free, we only had to pay for the installation....

Will also put some pics and videos during next week

You're going to love this option. I've had mine for a couple of days now and I can't wait to drive the car just like when it was brand new.

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Hi guys,

My PSE arrived earlier than expected, is there anything i should specifically look out for when collecting the car? btw what should i do with the old exhaust?

Nothing that I can think of. It should just be a plug and play.
    I kept my stock exhaust.

I don't know if I should keep the stock exhausts, I know no one would rather have the stock over the PSE and if I kept it, it would just take up unneccessary space which I might need later on. Here is my baby at the dealer, leaving her there today so that they can get started on the installation nice ad early tomorro - going to pick her up on Saturday

I left mine Mike...

Oooohhh It's going to be like picking her up the first time... but this time she's a little bit feistier... Enjoy!

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    I don't know if I should keep the stock exhausts, I know no one would rather have the stock over the PSE and if I kept it, it would just take up unneccessary space which I might need later on. Here is my baby at the dealer, leaving her there today so that they can get started on the installation nice ad early tomorro - going to pick her up on Saturday

If it doesn't cost you anything to keep it, I would rather have the exhaust and not need it, then need it and not have it.

You're about to be an even HAPPIER camper Mike !

SLIGHTLY OFF TOPIC QUESTION DEAR FRIENDS!

I've had mine for about two weeks now and I was wondering if the cut off switch had any other effect on the car besides the sound.

For example:

Low Rev cutoff - does this maintain the stock torque numbers? Since the PSE is switch off backpressure is retained

Gas Mileage? - Any changes noticed. Mine has been the same.

Excellent question!

Quote:
    tooner said:
    SLIGHTLY OFF TOPIC QUESTION DEAR FRIENDS!

Low Rev cutoff - does this maintain the stock torque numbers? Since the PSE is switch off backpressure is retained

That's a very good question and I've ever bothered asking it bc I don't have the car yet.
    But I keep thinking that if Porsche made the cut off DME dependant and not speed only dependant then it's not only about the sound is it???
    There's gotta be some back pressure loss involved here.
    Thanks for asking the question.
    I wonder if anyone knows?

Re: Excellent question!

bah you had to spoil the moment by making it all complicated tooner! :P just kidding, very good question, i'd like to know the answer too! c'mon you technical ppl where are u when we need ya.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:

thanks stradale, i CAN'T WAIT! this coming week is going to be overwhelming! on myself and my bank acc lol tomorrow i'm collecting my SL65 and leaving my trusty 55 behind (i could almost shed a tear ) and the day after i'm collecting my 997 with the PSE! and next saturday i take delivery of my Cayenne Turbo

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

thanks stradale, i CAN'T WAIT! this coming week is going to be overwhelming! on myself and my bank acc lol tomorrow i'm collecting my SL65 and leaving my trusty 55 behind (i could almost shed a tear ) and the day after i'm collecting my 997 with the PSE! and next saturday i take delivery of my Cayenne Turbo

...all this and the dust from the addition to the palace...poor guy! ...Cheers, Mike -- sounds like a great week, be sure to post impressions of all three new chariots asap.

it just worked out the way it did accidentally, (pse arriving early, me spotting a 65 on showroom etc.) i didn't plan for it so happen so close to one another. but you can count on a review

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    thanks stradale, i CAN'T WAIT! this coming week is going to be overwhelming! on myself and my bank acc lol

Just make sure you have 6 months of cash in the bank left so that you don't have to live paycheck to paycheck like the rest of us.

hahaha i live in africa, when i'm hungry and have no money ... i'll go hunt wild animals or something lmao! just kidding

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Wow Mike.... werent you happy with the performance of the "normal" SL55????
    Man..... If you Had to pick ONLY one of your cars, and that would be your daily driver and your car to have fun in, which would it be???
    Whats that i hear, what P P P P Por....?

By the way, enjoy your new cars...

Quote:
    BC997J said: Wow Mike.... werent you happy with the performance of the "normal" SL55????
    Man..... If you Had to pick ONLY one of your cars, and that would be your daily driver and your car to have fun in, which would it be???
    Whats that i hear, what P P P P Por....?

thanks BC997 - the 55 was great, really it was, i just starting seeing to many of them and i really like the SL *drools* the rooooof... the 65 has the panoramic roof as well, will be quite nice.

i use the Touareg V10 or X5 as a daily driver, sometimes the Cooper S lol! depending what I feel like

Cooper S as well!!!???
    Does this ever stop??
    Why do you have 2 SUV's by the way??

MikeS .... enjoy your new cars.... What a great collection!
    I will get my new 997 at the end of the year...my south african wife wants us to go the SA for 3 month in january.... How will I drive my new car...? I told her we can't I have to do the breack in...:-))

Quote:
    BC997J said:
    Cooper S as well!!!???
    Does this ever stop??
    Why do you have 2 SUV's by the way??

i don't really know, like i said i didn't plan it, if it felt right at that moment, i buy the car after next weekend i'll have 3 suv's BC997

Quote:
    gnil said:
    MikeS .... enjoy your new cars.... What a great collection!
    I will get my new 997 at the end of the year...my south african wife wants us to go the SA for 3 month in january.... How will I drive my new car...? I told her we can't I have to do the breack in...:-))

show her who's boss, can she speak afrikaans gnil?

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    [ can she speak afrikaans gnil?

Only what she learned at school
    My inlaws speek english... lucky me, so much easyer!!

Mike you have the most amazing collection of cars there!!!
    You must be a local hero!

If I get it right you have a Noble, X5, Toey V10(!), 997, Cooper S, Cay T, SL65(!)

That is beyond my imagination! Where do you even find the time to check Rennteam so regularly
    I would be constantly on the road!!!

Enjoy your PSE and let us know what you think of it (and piczzzz!!)

Quote:
    Porker said:
    Mike you have the most amazing collection of cars there!!!
    You must be a local hero!

If I get it right you have a Noble, X5, Toey V10(!), 997, Cooper S, Cay T, SL65(!)

That is beyond my imagination! Where do you even find the time to check Rennteam so regularly
    I would be constantly on the road!!!

Enjoy your PSE and let us know what you think of it (and piczzzz!!)

My thoughts too!

Not to mention all the wild elephants he gets to ride too!

Quote:
    SVNSVN said:
    Not to mention all the wild elephants he gets to ride too!

ROFL!!!

well i got my car back today and naturally on the way home i listened closely for the cut-off and as i hit 60kph there it went, i immediately pulled off that tube to make it PSE on all the time as soon as i got home here are some pics

nice rear

Very nice Mike

This must be the best photo I've EVER taken, I should get some award or something from Porsche lol!

Very nice pic indeed!
    So how do you like the sound Mike?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    753027 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430679 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258582 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255450 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79499 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5256 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868285 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    801831 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM