Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Carmon Red/Cocoa??

Like many other havent figured on color yet. Would this combo work? I've thought about the contrast between the colors and it seems Cocoa is more for the lighter colors. I think Carmon would be good with grey, blk, and sand. What do you guys think. I really like both colors, not sure if it would work though. Thanks for all your input

Re: Carmon Red/Cocoa??

You can't go wrong with the black interior. Natural brown looks to have a hint of red in it and would be a good match. Sand would look good too. Hmm, you're no farther ahead. I'd go black.

I've actually seen a Carmon/Sand and seen several pix of Carmon/Cocoa. Both go very nicely. If I had to pick one it would be the Sand as I like that contrast a little better.

be careful with carmon AND cocoa... just take a lot looks before doing so...

heres carmon

here is cocoa..

Acquired taste for both IMO... best of Luck!

"Would this combo work?"

Different strokes for different folks but it wouldn't work for me at all.

Carmon/Cocoa is NOT a porsche recommended combination.
    See chart below, from 987 price guide.

Quote:
    wtsnet said:

And for once I agree with them. Each to their own, but I think it would look horrible.

Quote:
    wtsnet said:
    See chart below, from 987 price guide.

Wonder why the chart doesn't recommend white exterior with sand beige interior?

Phil

That chart is full of crap IMO......

no white/sand??
    no midnight/natural grey (excellent combo)
    no midnight/two-tone?
    no midnight/black?
    no midnight/cocoa?
    black with palm green, but not ocean blue?
    no lapis/cocoa?....any blue would go nice with cocoa.
    atlas with cocoa, but not sea blue?

Can't go wrong with black or grey.

sand looks nice with it but you'd have to be in the southwest or CA to pull it off without looking weird.

Cocoa would be like wearing two shades of brown with a brown tie.

heres a nice carmon pic:

It wouldn't work of me either. it is not a good color for porsche. I would go for a different color but different people have different taste so if the color combo works for you, then go for it. Also, color matters a lot for resell so if you do not plan to keep the car for long, i think different color combo will be better.

and another in showroom

i just can't MMD... it looks sadly old... sorry I really think this and cocoa are for a particular taste...

smashing wheels though!

Quote:
    tooner said:
    i just can't MMD... it looks sadly old... sorry I really think this and cocoa are for a particular taste...

smashing wheels though!

Oh yeah, CR and Cocoa is definitely based more on favorite colors of purchaser than "strict" adherence to what looks traditionally good on a Porsche.

Quote:
    MikeN said:

Well, don't blame me! I just reproduced it. I think they got it more right than wrong. Some of your listed missing combos are a little on the edge.

Quote:
    wtsnet said:
    Quote:
    MikeN said:

Well, don't blame me! I just reproduced it. I think they got it more right than wrong. Some of your listed missing combos are a little on the edge.

No blame at all! The first time I saw that chart I was really going to use it to select my colors.....then I *really* started to look at it closely.....and there appears to be a few holes in it. Looks like a lot of dealers don't know it even exists as I see a good quantity of "bad" combos in their inventory lately.

Thanks to all for your keen insight. Kind of why I posed the question. I like both colors but they really wouldnt seem to work well with one another. If I were to order Carmon it would be with eith Blk or Sand. Still on the fence with color. I've never toggled up and down so much with such a basic decision. Dammmmmmmmn

Hmmmmmm maybe Midnight/Sand, or Seal/Sand.... Ill keep you posted.........

I found the colour choice THE hardest thing about the spec of the car. I was still fretting about it up until the delivery day! Very personal thing. And you absolutely have to see the colours in the flesh, interior and exterior, to know how you feel about them. Photos or sample swatches just aren't good enough.

Having said that, this is Seal/Sand on my 987S

This is a very nice color (carmon)

Carmon Red with sand beige leather would look very nice.

It's really a difficult question. And maybe you won't like a color you like today in a while.

Carmon Red is for me a non-go because of reselling the car.

I know some of you are saying it's your car and you have to like it. But may be you want to sell the car earlier than you think today. At least myself I never kept a car so long I thought in the beginning. Today I'm saying I will never sell my Porsche.

Carmon red when seen in the flesh is really a stunning color (though I still personally prefer black ). I'd probably combine it with black for the interior and the soft top (where applicable), because cocoa is simply not my cup of tea.

Quote:
    wtsnet said:
    I found the colour choice THE hardest thing about the spec of the car.

That's because you are trying to be different without crossing the line that separates "different" from "mistake."

Do not resist. Resistance is futile. You WILL be assimilated.

No matter what color choice you pick you will not "be different." You'll either be one of thousands of the color combo you choose, or you'll make a mistake and wind up with a fugly car.

Just choose the "usual" silver/black or similar Porsche combos.

VERY NIIIIIICE. Ive always liked Beige on the P car. Someone mentioned you may like a certain color one day but something alltogether different as time goes one. That is a very tue statement. I used to like Savannah Beige now I find it a bit mustardy. I think the current sand is a more dignifed beige, and will wear gracefully over the years for those that decide to keep their cars......

Quote:
    Seven said:
    It's really a difficult question. And maybe you won't like a color you like today in a while. Carmon Red is for me a non-go because of reselling the car. I know some of you are saying it's your car and you have to like it. But may be you want to sell the car earlier than you think today. At least myself I never kept a car so long I thought in the beginning. Today I'm saying I will never sell my Porsche.

I'm going to own my car 1000 days. I"m going to sell my car one day. Why would I care more about whether or not the next guy likes the color on the one day he buys it than whether or not I like the color on the 1000 days I drive it?

Quote:
    LowPolarMoment said:
    I'm going to own my car 1000 days. I"m going to sell my car one day. Why would I care more about whether or not the next guy likes the color on the one day he buys it than whether or not I like the color on the 1000 days I drive it?

I think the point was that some color combinations have lower resale values. I think everyone should buy the car that they want, but it is true that some colors will sell faster and for more money than others.

Phil

I agree

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690610 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409856 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256076 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235303 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65721 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4721 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858530 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774797 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM