Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Seriously considering trading coupe for cab - any thoughts?

Man, the way you guys gush about top-down driving, you'd think it was akin to setting foot on the moon. It must not take a whole lot of excitement to get you worked into nirvana!! I guess it excites some more than others, just like some dogs go crazy if they can't stick their head out the window, and others aren't that obsessed by it. And by the way, last I checked, the coupe has windows that slide up and down, and some even have a power sunroof. Just because I drive a coupe, doesn't mean I stay hermetically sealed in my chamber, with an ionic-breeze air purifier purring, in a haz-mat suit, listening to Kraftwerk and trimming my crew-cut in the vanity mirror.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Quote:
    beltar said:
    What a hell is wrong with being a hairdresser... I love being a hairdresser for 25 years,the more while it made it possible to me to buy the car i'm in love with since childhood...(965,993T,996cab,997Scab).And no, i'm not having an arm with rolex dangling out of my sidewindow, and yes, I do adore the sound of the flat6 revving above 5500rpm roaring along our countryroads.
    And above this: I love the 997,allowing me to close the roof while driving , so when we approach our village we can close the top, so no one has to think there's a rolex for sale, dangling out of the window...

Yes , there are hairdressers appreciating porsches for what they stand for... otherwise they wouldn't read this forum every day...

Nothing wrong with Hairdressers at all, my partner is a hairdresser and I totally respect the profession, I was referring to it as a generic comment, sadly, as you are aware, it's about the image of hairdresser.
    Hope you see what I mean, like when people say, the Z3 was a hairdresser's car, or the Mini is a woman's car. Not harm intended.
    I share your thoughts on cabs Beltar, I've owned two for the passed 5 years, the pleasure they give is immense, but they also suffer from an image problem, as both you and I actually close our top when we get closer to our neighbourhood!

No image problem for the cab in my area, thankfully. And if there was one I would never care enough about what other people thought to actually influence my car buying decesion. Proud wearer of different Rolex's too. Have no idea if there is a Rolex image problem , don't care. The only Rolex problem that I know of in detail was that when I was younger I wanted a Rolex but couldn't afford one.

ps: I had no-idea hairdresser's made that kinda money. Good for them.

Yep Thailand Rolex's , you cannot beat them STRADALE

throt..

Speaking of hairdressers.......

I think a 911 cab is like a bald man who is wearing a toupe..... Everyone know it isn't real!

On the other hand, some cars have lines that look better as a cab and look worse with a hard top (ie: Boxster vs Cayman).

Just my opinion, of course!

Quote:
    69bossnine said:
    Man, the way you guys gush about top-down driving, you'd think it was akin to setting foot on the moon. It must not take a whole lot of excitement to get you worked into nirvana!! I guess it excites some more than others, just like some dogs go crazy if they can't stick their head out the window, and others aren't that obsessed by it. And by the way, last I checked, the coupe has windows that slide up and down, and some even have a power sunroof. Just because I drive a coupe, doesn't mean I stay hermetically sealed in my chamber, with an ionic-breeze air purifier purring, in a haz-mat suit, listening to Kraftwerk and trimming my crew-cut in the vanity mirror.

LOL !!
    You know maybe us cab fans should start thinking about you fraidy, fraidy to get wind in your hair coupe guys as the REAL hairdressers in the bunch. "Hey don't touch da hair" !!!

The coupe might have a sunroof but it is unbearable at speed. My cab is quieter with the top and windows down at 80mph then my coupe with the drivers window or sunroof half opened.

CYA, going to leave the office early, the sun just came out.

Quote:
    69bossnine said:

Sorry, just had to quote you again.... you put it so well!! I have the power roof and sliding windows and they're almost always open when I drive. Even on 3 degree mornings I'll have the window open (and the heated heats on for a while)!! I'd love the feeling and sound of a cab having driven a boxster loaner for a bit recently, but it's probably impractical here given it rains almost every day at the moment

I acutally like to think of myself as a dog with my head out of the window when I am driving my S Cab. I now know why most dogs like it so much...

I'm the dog who's more interested in humping the neighbor's wife's leg, and chasing cats. I gave up on the window thing when another dog filled me in on how silly I looked with my lips flapping in the wind.

Quote:
    s4to911 said:
    I acutally like to think of myself as a dog with my head out of the window when I am driving my S Cab. I now know why most dogs like it so much...

You could injure yourself if you take this dog-imitation thing too far. The human spine does not curve as easily as a dog's.

You may have looked silly, but didn't it feel good?...

Quote:
    69bossnine said:
    I'm the dog who's more interested in humping the neighbor's wife's leg, and chasing cats. I gave up on the window thing when another dog filled me in on how silly I looked with my lips flapping in the wind.

" DIRTY DOG " LOL - the neighbours wife , thats a good one..

throt..

Quote:
    s4to911 said:

What humping or the lips flapping..

throt..

Lips flapping...Look something like this?
    (Jeremy Clarkson driving an Ariel Atom...fast!)

LOL I watched that one it was hilarious ..

Hell of a mess right..

throt..

Quote:
    throt said:
    Quote:
    s4to911 said:

What humping or the lips flapping..

throt..

LOL

Re: Seriously considering trading coupe for cab - any though

Quote:
    wtsnet said:
    Lips flapping...Look something like this?
    (Jeremy Clarkson driving an Ariel Atom...fast!)

The guy doesn't know how to fasten his harness. Where's his helmet?

- J

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    [ Have no idea if there is a Rolex image problem , don't care. The only Rolex problem that I know of in detail was that when I was younger I wanted a Rolex but couldn't afford one.

ps: I had no-idea hairdresser's made that kinda money. Good for them.

Just enough to buy a p , but the rolex is too exspensive...
    You see, i have to make choices in live...

Quote:
    beltar said:

So, this beeing said, I love my cab, and for anyone who has second thaughts of it's driveability, challenge me on a circuit, i'll show you my (car's) tailpipes

Well said Beltar, show those snobs your black back !
    (But I still prefer the coupé, even if a hairdresser of my friends get one...: did you hear that, Fanch ? )

Quote:
    cartouche said:
    Quote:
    beltar said:

So, this beeing said, I love my cab, and for anyone who has second thaughts of it's driveability, challenge me on a circuit, i'll show you my (car's) tailpipes

Well said Beltar, show those snobs your black back !
    (But I still prefer the coupé, even if a hairdresser of my friends get one...: did you hear that, Fanch ? )

I didn't invent the expression, sorry if offends people, but it's not from me.
    I can hardly make fun of people of driving cabs, I've just passed 45000 km in my 996 C4 Cab this weekend in France and hopefully, parting with it tomorrow.
    Nice way to say goodbye. 45,000 km in three years driving that wonderful car only on weekends and vacation, I've made my gift of hair to mother nature!
    I've had my fun, I am now moving on to something more focused that's all, and of course, in my most humble opinion.

Quote:
    MMD said:
    The profiles of the cars look different. Coupe looks gorgeous. Cab looks so so.

My thoughts exactly. I'm a coupe person. As also stated in another post, this is a very personal decision. Some people are in love with cabs and I think, good for them. You just have to decide if you're one of those people.

I'll keep my coupe! LOL!!!

IMO ..... if you want a sports car to be used as a , well, sports car, keep the coup...
    if you want a car thats ALMOST as good dynamically, and you love looking at the stars at night, etc, get the cab.
    the coup is much better looking though, imo

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Quote:
    beltar said:ps: I had no-idea hairdresser's made that kinda money. Good for them.

You should check my girlfriends hairdressers bills!

I would go for a Targa ... you'll get the best of both world.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    777658 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441875 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262852 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261070 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85333 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5620 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880733 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    816180 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM