Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Attention July-builds: interesting news

Quote:
    Mark_LA said:
    Thanks for the info! One last question. The last 4 digets of my vin# are 0466, is there a way to find out the build date, and does anyone know what the cut-off date, or the last sihpping date is before the holiday closure?

Thank you again

According to your earlier message your car was CMPPRD (Vehicle Completed Production) on July 7th. The code that the dealer usually gets that confirms your car has truly completed production, passed inspections, etc. is INVMPG, which means the vehicle has completed production and is at checkpoint 8 which is the finally point before it is ready for shipment. A car can complete production and still not pass by checkpoint 8 for several days since it may not have been roadtested or passed its final inspection before leaving the factory. My car completed production 4 days before it hit checkpoint 8. After checkpoint 8 it is just a matter of getting on board the next ship. It can take another week or so after checkpoint 8 to get on board a ship. I would guess your car has not shipped yet.

Next time you contact your dealer ask if the status has changed to INVMPG or better yet ONVESL (On vessel). Once it leaves Germany it takes about 20 days to get to San Diego.

Phil

Quote:
    vtach88 said:
    My guess is that it will be the Phoenix Leader. The last few ships from Germany have stopped in Jacksonville Florida (http://68.153.231.26:8181/schedule/schedule.asp) just prior to San Diego and not Long Beach. I am on the shipment right before yours (Sagittarius Leader) - and the ship arrives San Diego 7/8.
    By the way, I plan to check out the webcams (http://www.sdmis.org/view/allcams.phtml) - so that I can watch some of the process (not zoomed enough to see much detail, I'm afraid!)

vtach88....What is the update on your car arrival? With the ship scheduled to arrive last Friday I would think that you should get your car sometime this week.

Phil

PS CA -
    The ship arrived and departed over the weekend (according to the website). Unfortunately, the webcams weren't working so I couldn't catch any of the action. As I live in the Bay Area, I wouldn't expect the car before tomorrow, latest this weekend (?). I think the PDA process can take 1-2 days depending on if your car is first or last to come off the ship, and depending on any (god forbid) damage!
    I will be calling my dealer tomorrow - and will let you know.
    The wait is killing me...

Quote:
    vtach88 said:
    PS CA -
    The ship arrived and departed over the weekend (according to the website). Unfortunately, the webcams weren't working so I couldn't catch any of the action. As I live in the Bay Area, I wouldn't expect the car before tomorrow, latest this weekend (?). I think the PDA process can take 1-2 days depending on if your car is first or last to come off the ship, and depending on any (god forbid) damage!
    I will be calling my dealer tomorrow - and will let you know.
    The wait is killing me...

I have been told that once the dealer gets invoiced for the car it is supposed to ship from PDI within 24 hours. So, if your dealer has been invoiced, it should ship soon thereafter.

Phil

PS CA
    Here is the update your requested:
    Just got a call from my dealer - the car has been invoiced and released - and should be at the dealer (380miles away) within the next 24-48 hours (BEFORE THE WEEKEND!!!).
    As a reminder, the ship arrived at midnight Friday night/Sat morning - and showed up as invoiced Wednesday morning. Assuming Sunday is a day off (and maybe Saturday as well?) this didn't take very long at all.
    I'll keep you posted with all updates

Quote:
    vtach88 said:
    PS CA
    Here is the update your requested:
    Just got a call from my dealer - the car has been invoiced and released - and should be at the dealer (380miles away) within the next 24-48 hours (BEFORE THE WEEKEND!!!).
    As a reminder, the ship arrived at midnight Friday night/Sat morning - and showed up as invoiced Wednesday morning. Assuming Sunday is a day off (and maybe Saturday as well?) this didn't take very long at all.
    I'll keep you posted with all updates

The ship my car came over on arrived on a Tuesday. It finished unloading by Wednesday, my car went through PDI on Wednesday, was invoiced Wednesday/Thursday and I drove it home from my Southern California dealer Friday afternoon. Talk about fast. Some other guys on the same ship didn't see their cars until the middle of the next week. Some times you are in the right place at the right time.

I hope you get yours in time for the weekend. If you are like me you will spend hours setting the seats, radio, garage door opener, etc.

Phil

There are two 06's Sitting in my local Porsche dealership. Just thought Id chime in with that info. One is a 997S Slate, and the other I believe is a Seal 997S.

997S4Ken - unless those cars arrived yesterday or today, that would seem to be impossible. My 2005 car was completed on June 13, shipped June 16th and just arrived San Diego July 8. As some 2006's were produced 1-2 weeks after mine, and there weren't any other Porsche-ladened ships arriving in San Diego very recently (ie: before mine (trust me, I've been following the ships!)) I DOUBT that they could really be 2006s.
    I guess we could run the VINs. Perhaps the dealership is trying to get the extra 2.8% markup (for 2006) on a 2005 car?

Quote:
    vtach88 said:
    997S4Ken - unless those cars arrived yesterday or today, that would seem to be impossible. My 2005 car was completed on June 13, shipped June 16th and just arrived San Diego July 8. As some 2006's were produced 1-2 weeks after mine, and there weren't any other Porsche-ladened ships arriving in San Diego very recently (ie: before mine (trust me, I've been following the ships!)) I DOUBT that they could really be 2006s.
    I guess we could run the VINs. Perhaps the dealership is trying to get the extra 2.8% markup (for 2006) on a 2005 car?

Quite a few Porsche dealership websites are showing 2006's in their inventory. The thing is, the list they show typically includes incoming cars. So, if anyone is basing their conclusion that 2006's are actually here from what is showing as inventory at their local dealer, they may find that the cars shown haven't actually arrived. I think the list shows currently inventory and cars that have been loaded on ships heading towards them.

Otherwise there are about 30 2006's available in the Southern California area (according to the dealers websites). Somehow I doubt that.

Phil

Quote:
    997S4KEN said:
    There are two 06's Sitting in my local Porsche dealership. Just thought Id chime in with that info. One is a 997S Slate, and the other I believe is a Seal 997S.

Are you talking about Rusnak in Thousand Oaks? Their website shows the following inventory:

Year Model Color Interior Trans. Price

2005 Carrera Cabriolet Arctic Silver Metallic Black Standard Leather 6-Speed Manual Contact us -

2005 Carrera S Cabriolet Seal Grey Metallic Black Leather Seats 6-Speed Manual Contact us -

2006 Carrera Coupe Black Black Leather Seats 6-Speed Manual Contact us -

2006 Carrera S Coupe Seal Grey Metallic Stone Grey Full Leather Tiptronic S Contact us -

Somehow I doubt that the 2006's have actually arrived yet. Most of the dealers include in their inventory inbound cars that haven't actually arrived yet.

Phil

Also realize that the inventories frequently include cars that are "spoken for" -

Quote:
    PS CA said:
    Quote:
    997S4KEN said:

Are you talking about Rusnak in Thousand Oaks? Their website shows the following inventory:

Year Model Color Interior Trans. Price

2005 Carrera Cabriolet Arctic Silver Metallic Black Standard Leather 6-Speed Manual Contact us -

2005 Carrera S Cabriolet Seal Grey Metallic Black Leather Seats 6-Speed Manual Contact us -

2006 Carrera Coupe Black Black Leather Seats 6-Speed Manual Contact us -

2006 Carrera S Coupe Seal Grey Metallic Stone Grey Full Leather Tiptronic S Contact us -

Somehow I doubt that the 2006's have actually arrived yet. Most of the dealers include in their inventory inbound cars that haven't actually arrived yet.

Phil

The cars are at Cutter Motors Santa Barbara. They usually only list what is for sale (physically there. Ill call and ask if those cars are truely there and available...

Quote:
    997S4KEN said:
    The cars are at Cutter Motors Santa Barbara. They usually only list what is for sale (physically there. Ill call and ask if those cars are truely there and available...

Here is what the Cutter Motors website currently shows:

2005 Carrera Cabriolet Seal Grey Metallic Stone Grey Leather Seats Tiptronic S $93,865.00
    MSRP * -

2005 Carrera Cabriolet Arctic Silver Metallic Black Standard Leather 6-Speed Manual $92,220.00
    MSRP *

2005 Carrera S Cabriolet Metallic Paint to Sample Natural Leather Cocoa 6-Speed Manual $111,408

2005 Carrera S Cabriolet Black Black Leather Seats Tiptronic S $100,530.00
    MSRP * -

2005 Carrera S Coupe Black Black Full Leather 6-Speed Manual $96,345.00
    MSRP *

2005 Carrera S Coupe Guards Red Black Leather Seats 6-Speed Manual $86,980.00
    MSRP *

2006 Carrera Coupe Arctic Silver Metallic Black Standard Leather 6-Speed Manual $80,760.00
    MSRP * -

2006 Carrera S Coupe Seal Grey Metallic Black Standard Leather 6-Speed Manual $90,920.00
    MSRP * -

2006 Carrera S Coupe Slate Grey Metallic Black Leather Seats Tiptronic S $96,215.00
    MSRP *

I would be real surprised if they told you they actually had the 2006's in stock.

Phil

Quote:
    PS CA said:
    Quote:
    997S4KEN said:

Here is what the Cutter Motors website currently shows:

2005 Carrera Cabriolet Seal Grey Metallic Stone Grey Leather Seats Tiptronic S $93,865.00
    MSRP * -

2005 Carrera Cabriolet Arctic Silver Metallic Black Standard Leather 6-Speed Manual $92,220.00
    MSRP *

2005 Carrera S Cabriolet Metallic Paint to Sample Natural Leather Cocoa 6-Speed Manual $111,408

2005 Carrera S Cabriolet Black Black Leather Seats Tiptronic S $100,530.00
    MSRP * -

2005 Carrera S Coupe Black Black Full Leather 6-Speed Manual $96,345.00
    MSRP *

2005 Carrera S Coupe Guards Red Black Leather Seats 6-Speed Manual $86,980.00
    MSRP *

2006 Carrera Coupe Arctic Silver Metallic Black Standard Leather 6-Speed Manual $80,760.00
    MSRP * -

2006 Carrera S Coupe Seal Grey Metallic Black Standard Leather 6-Speed Manual $90,920.00
    MSRP * -

2006 Carrera S Coupe Slate Grey Metallic Black Leather Seats Tiptronic S $96,215.00
    MSRP *

I would be real surprised if they told you they actually had the 2006's in stock.

Phil

Just called! Youre right!! Theyre inbound, wont be available until September. Damn I was sure hoping for an 06. Oh Well... None the less I will be checking out some of there cabs this Saturday. I may start my ordering process this weekend. Will see how it goes

As I'm always suspicious of dealers - I wonder if they put those cars on their inventory just to get some foot or phone traffic....

I just spoke with my dealer in Carlsbad, CA and my 2006 997s with a july 25th build date is scheduled to be ready for me on September 1st.

Quote:
    997S4KEN said:
    Just called! Youre right!! Theyre inbound, wont be available until September. Damn I was sure hoping for an 06. Oh Well... None the less I will be checking out some of there cabs this Saturday. I may start my ordering process this weekend. Will see how it goes

Just out of curiosity I checked the inventory of all 24 California dealers. There are a total of sixty-six 2006 coupes shown and twenty 2006 cabs shown. At the top of the inventory list it says this, "The following new vehicles are available or en route to our dealership". So, the list isn't necessarily meant to show what is currently sitting at the dealership.

I am not sure if they list cars that are already pre-sold. I suspect not.

Phil

Quote:
    PS CA said:
    Quote:
    997S4KEN said:

Just out of curiosity I checked the inventory of all 24 California dealers. There are a total of sixty-six 2006 coupes shown and twenty 2006 cabs shown. At the top of the inventory list it says this, "The following new vehicles are available or en route to our dealership". So, the list isn't necessarily meant to show what is currently sitting at the dealership.

I am not sure if they list cars that are already pre-sold. I suspect not.

Phil

You mean like Niello. They'll show cars that are pre-sold. I always like to see the pics and combos that come in just to make me more wishy washy on making a decision on colors. The salesman I spoke to his name is Scott told me the cars are available, but like I mentioned wont be in until September. Of course sometimes people orders fall through the cracks and are listed for sale. Such was the case with a Blk/Blk 997S they had there. I wanted to pull the trigger but I just didnt like the idea of having black yet again. Sooooo Im patiently waiting.

My car is arriving by truck at my dealer today or tomorrow. While my dealer's inventory has changed in the last day, my car is still not listed. This could be due to the fact that it is listed under my name, and not the dealership's name - I don't know.

I'm not sure about the accuracy of these lists. And each dealership might have different rules and might control it their own way. As an example, some list prices, and others don't.

What does that mean? I have a July 23 build, what information does your dealer have?

I was referring to the inventory listed on the Porsche website, not the inventory as the dealership understands it. The dealership has my car in their inventory, but the website does not.
    IN FACT....

MY CAR IS HERE TODAY - AND I WILL BE PICKING IT UP TONIGHT!!!!

CAN'T BELIEVE IT....

my 997s cab is built today. I wonder when it can be delivered. I am in New Jersey.

Andrew

Quote:
    vtach88 said:

CAN'T BELIEVE IT....

YAY x 1000!

Be sure to collect yourself and pay attention to details after the initial thrill of introduction subsides.

You have a job to do, it's a hard one especially after getting so excited and happy.

Check everything on your own (tell sales guy and everybody to leave you alone) to make sure everything is okay with body and components; check sunroof! (Thanks OCBen). You know, check all that stuff. Make them WRITE what they intend to fix if anything (you're "high" and all verbal promises will seem good) Then take ten deep relaxing breaths and drive off the lot!!

Oh, drive about ten blocks, pull over and check to see if the spare tire is there. If not drive back to dealership and start yelling in the middle of the showroom, "My spare is gone! My spare is gone! I want my spare!!!"

nah, just kidding! CONGRATULTIONS Vtach!

Quote:
    997 S Cab said:
    my 997s cab is built today. I wonder when it can be delivered. I am in New Jersey.

Andrew

3-4 weeks. There's another active thread somewhere, maybe this one, lots of details there. Check it out

Holy Cr@p....... this is an amazing car. I had 7 miles on the car when I got there, and drove 50-60 in the middle of the night last night. Once I get the car's clear bra installed and I take a longer trip this weekend, I'll send my impressions.
    MMD: yeah. I almost dismissed the salesman from the walk through process - I think I know more about the car than he does (thanks to this board, and the downloadable manual).

Pure heaven......

Congratulations!!!!!

Where can you download Porsche manuals?

renntech.org

Quote:
    vtach88 said:

CAN'T BELIEVE IT....

Calm down and stop shouting!

Congratulations, and enjoy your new car.

More news,

Stopped by my dealer today and my C2S is ONVSL as of today! Wow, this waiting is not taking any time at all!
    On another subject,
    My dealer who posts here once in a while, Larry from Champion in Fort Lauderdale, screen name revvv, is one of the best car sales people around. I stopped by the dealership to take a customer of mine from South America and his son who love cars to see the P-cars. not only did he give the 8 yo kid posters and brochures, but he took us back to the shop, got the keys of a CGT, started it up, reved it up and told the little kid to sit in the drivers seat and rev it up himself! The kid was in heaven and I was sweating bullets thinking if the kid hit something and put it in gear what a mess that could be. Anyway, all 3 of us took turns sitting in the CGT and reving that beast. What an engine and exhaust note! I can honestly say that nothing else I have ever heard comes close to the sound of a CGT engine, thing of beauty! needles to say I had a Cargasm in that car.

Revvv, if you read this, thanks so much for making a kid happy ( me!!).

Fred

P.S. They also had Lenny Kravitz' 997CS there waiting for delivery.

Fred,

My Blk S is #417 built July 7 same as yours. Any idea when we will get them?. I'm in San Francisco.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    777031 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441639 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262749 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260911 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85168 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5547 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880612 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815817 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM