Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: F430 option list

I don't like tan at all. For me tan is the last color that should be inside a high performance sports car. I hate it for a 430. The CS was all about performance, that's why the car was mostly black inside. It would be the same way I'd feel about a tan interior inside an Enzo. Imagine an all tan interior in an Enzo. Eessh ! I feel the same way about tan for any Ferrari. Or Murci, Porsche or any high performance segments. Wouldn't want tan for an "M" series BMW, wouldn't want tan for an "AMG". Doesn't go with the inside of a GT2 or GT3. High performance and tan just dont go together imo. tans good for a couch but not for me in sports cars.

here's a tan Enzo, the 400th made
    I agree, very ugly

You guys are scaring me. I have a black/tan 430 coupe at stage 70, coming soon I hope. Never owned a black car, thought I'd give it a try. In general, I'm a blue car guy.

Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    Quote:
    Patriek said:

Alan said he was thinking about re-sale and asked which color was more popular. There's nothing wrong with that. He didn't say he wouldn't buy one color or the other because of it. It's okay to consider this, especially if you're not familar with the market. I wouldn't get upset about it. If you can't ask a question like that here where could you go ?Maybe he like both colors very much and can't decide between them and re-sale would help him decide ???? Maybe he wants a car that will be very flippable because he wants another model in 6 months or a year ????

"If you can afford it, why bother so mutch, lives to short.,
    but I think a lot can't really afford it, and are afraid to loose money on it ! I NEVER would buy a car that way ! never"

Maybe you wouldn't buy a car "that way" but maybe he's thinking lifes to short to worry about if he can afford it or not, just go for it. In that case I'd give him a lot of credit for having the balls to go for the car whereas you wouldn't

Everybody's different Patriek. Try being more patient.

I understand, but honestly, about my question if you still would buy a new Ferrari, if you knew, that you could NOT 'flip' it, or resell it for more or less the same or even higher price,

Patriek, I would still buy it but there comes a limit as to how much depreciation I will accept. Let's just say that if it depreciates as much or more than my 997S, I would definitely not be interested. I'm not expecting that level of depreciation, obviously. I plan to keep the car no more than 2 years. Maybe even one year. It will be a weekend car and I will use the 997S as my daily commuter car as I do now.

But, definitely, the low level of depreciation of this car has gotten my interest where I would normally just pass on the car.

Alan, be aware that much urban legend surrounds 360/430 resale values....prob should think of garage queen resale vs resale value of cars that are actually driven hard. Know many pals who have gotten @MSRP new, bespoke 360s (for many serial F buyers, a major part of pleasure of ordering a new F is developing a new, interesting color&stitching combo); thrash them for about 5K miles on mtn roads on wkends; have a great time/are addicted to new Fs; but, at trade-in time, those pesky used F buyers demand those stone chips fixed, new clutch, blah blah blah...and net, net, new Fs obtained at MSRP have strong resale value but prob not as high as often quoted...and prob qualify as an inane "investment" scheme....though ROI may be decent if one gets @MSRP early red/tan Spider w/o ceramics or too many options and just drives it gingerly up and down LA's Westside trolling for chicks (although be forewarned that many relevant LA/LV chicks seem to know which Fs have ceramics and use it as point of differentiation ). If one gets a car w/bespoke colors and options; drives the hell out of it and gets rid of it after 10K miles max, be prepared to absorb the inevitable depreciation, maintenance and miscell damage costs of that scenario. Amusingly, despite P's allegedly gruesome resale value rep, few mths ago got a new 997S; thoroughly enjoyed it for 7K mis; consigned it to my SF P dealer (which sold it in 1-2 days to a long-standing customer who had a 6 mo wait for a new 997S) and received 90% resale value in net proceeds....not materially different than many new F resale values in similar scenarios....

Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Alan, be aware that much urban legend surrounds 360/430 resale values....prob should think of garage queen resale vs resale value of cars that are actually driven hard. Know many pals who have gotten @MSRP new, bespoke 360s (for many serial F buyers, a major part of pleasure of ordering a new F is developing a new, interesting color&stitching combo); thrash them for about 5K miles on mtn roads on wkends; have a great time/are addicted to new Fs; but, at trade-in time, those pesky used F buyers demand those stone chips fixed, new clutch, blah blah blah...and net, net, new Fs obtained at MSRP have strong resale value but prob not as high as often quoted...and prob qualify as an inane "investment" scheme....though ROI may be decent if one gets @MSRP early red/tan Spider w/o ceramics or too many options and just drives it gingerly up and down LA's Westside trolling for chicks (although be forewarned that many relevant LA/LV chicks seem to know which Fs have ceramics and use it as point of differentiation ). If one gets a car w/bespoke colors and options; drives the hell out of it and gets rid of it after 10K miles max, be prepared to absorb the inevitable depreciation, maintenance and miscell damage costs of that scenario. Amusingly, despite P's allegedly gruesome resale value rep, few mths ago got a new 997S; thoroughly enjoyed it for 7K mis; consigned it to my SF P dealer (which sold it in 1-2 days to a long-standing customer who had a 6 mo wait for a new 997S) and received 90% resale value in net proceeds....not materially different than many new F resale values in similar scenarios....

Thanks for the insight, VK. I plan on driving no more than 2600 miles a year, since it would be a weekend car. Also, I love your comments regarding the LA/LV chicks.

Quote:
    WCH said:
    You guys are scaring me. I have a black/tan 430 coupe at stage 70, coming soon I hope. Never owned a black car, thought I'd give it a try. In general, I'm a blue car guy.

Black/tan will be stunning !
    what are your other options ?

I don't think black 430 look bad.

and it will also look good, maybe even better with a tan interior. black/tan is nice, but red/tan I hate. I mean tan on its own is a very beautifull interior color, but it doesn't match with a lot of exterior colors, and red is sure of them that don't match for me. Otherwise, tan looks stunning with darker ext colors.

black/tan, you will love it

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    I don't like tan at all. For me tan is the last color that should be inside a high performance sports car. I hate it for a 430. The CS was all about performance, that's why the car was mostly black inside. It would be the same way I'd feel about a tan interior inside an Enzo. Imagine an all tan interior in an Enzo. Eessh ! I feel the same way about tan for any Ferrari. Or Murci, Porsche or any high performance segments. Wouldn't want tan for an "M" series BMW, wouldn't want tan for an "AMG". Doesn't go with the inside of a GT2 or GT3. High performance and tan just dont go together imo. tans good for a couch but not for me in sports cars.

Great comments. Thanks. For some reason, over the years, red/tan for a Ferrari has stuck in my mind. Yet, I have had black/black Mustang GT, Corvette, and now Porsche. Maybe I should consider a black/black F430.

Black on Black with yellow stitching in racing seats, yellow CCM or yellow standard calipers and shields is It's my second choice, I haven't ruled it out.

I agree with Stradale Black/Black F430 with Racing seat, yellow Stitching, yellow CCM Caliper are so

Anyway Alan,How about Grigio Silverstone/red F430, IMO Good combination too

"Black/tan will be stunning !
    what are your other options"

Thank you. Options are:

F1
    Shields
    Yellow calipers
    Black upper dash
    Stradale style steering wheel in black/tan
    Full tan cuio (sp?) leather (bench & headliner)
    Daytonas tan w/black inserts
    Black carpets
    Yellow tach
    Spare wheel & tire

I chose the "standard" wheels for the 430, but have an extra set of Stradale wheels I may put on the car.

The rotors were a hard choice. I think the ceramics look much better - particularly with yellow calipers! - but I found it hard to swallow a $15k option. I have no plans to track the car, felt I was building a GT car, not another Stradale.

I may also have ordered electric seats ... I can't remember!

To be honest, I am not sure how some of these selections will work. Anyway, I hope the car is finished and shipped before the factory goes on vacation.

Next time I'm going to try to be a bit more creative, I agree that playing with the specs is part of the fun.

Cheers, Will

Quote:
    WCH said:
    "Black/tan will be stunning !
    what are your other options"

Thank you. Options are:

F1
    Shields
    Yellow calipers
    Black upper dash
    Stradale style steering wheel in black/tan
    Full tan cuio (sp?) leather (bench & headliner)
    Daytonas tan w/black inserts
    Black carpets
    Yellow tach
    Spare wheel & tire

Great choice, Will! You won't regret your colour choice. Black with cuio naturale looks gorgeous.
    (well, maybe you'll regret your brake choice )

BTW, what is the "Stradale style steering wheel in black/tan"? Any pics?

Quote:
    Patriek said:

Alan said he was thinking about re-sale and asked which color was more popular. There's nothing wrong with that. He didn't say he wouldn't buy one color or the other because of it. It's okay to consider this, especially if you're not familar with the market. I wouldn't get upset about it. If you can't ask a question like that here where could you go ?Maybe he like both colors very much and can't decide between them and re-sale would help him decide ???? Maybe he wants a car that will be very flippable because he wants another model in 6 months or a year ????

"If you can afford it, why bother so mutch, lives to short.,
    but I think a lot can't really afford it, and are afraid to loose money on it ! I NEVER would buy a car that way ! never"

Maybe you wouldn't buy a car "that way" but maybe he's thinking lifes to short to worry about if he can afford it or not, just go for it. In that case I'd give him a lot of credit for having the balls to go for the car whereas you wouldn't

Everybody's different Patriek. Try being more patient.

I understand, but honestly, about my question if you still would buy a new Ferrari, if you knew, that you could NOT 'flip' it, or resell it for more or less the same or even higher price,

Sure I would. I've bought numerous sports cars in the last few years knowing they would depreciate why wouldn't I do the same with a Ferrari if that was the circumstances. But fortunately the US Ferrari experience is even more fun where you can rotate for a brand new car every year or so and break even or make money doing it......... Don't hate the player Patriek, hate the game. -I'm sorry, don't mean to sound like an A hole, since hearing that line in the movie "Bad Boys 2" I've always wanted to use it.

Patriek- I haven't seen any pics lately of your car. When you can please put some in. Thanks.

Quote:
    Narunlee said:
    I agree with Stradale Black/Black F430 with Racing seat, yellow Stitching, yellow CCM Caliper are so

In this pic you can clearly see, that grigio silverstone in person isn't by far as light as it appears to be when taken by Digicam.

It's more like Porsche's basalt black. Still a nice colour, but not as gorgeous as you might think, when you've seen pics only.

"BTW, what is the "Stradale style steering wheel in black/tan"? Any pics?"

Sorry, not a very good description. It's the standard F430 steering wheel, but with two colors, exactly like the CS wheel but in tan and black leather - a black notch at the top, a few inch stretch of tan on either side of the notch, then black around the bottom.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    I'm looking at it as an investment also, in addition to wanting to own/drive a great automobile, such as the F430. As far as colors are concerned, I like to hear the opinion of others. I've always thought of getting a red/tan Ferrari since the 80's. Just wanted to hear what others think.

Red/tan is very popular. For a CA. car and investment it is even more popular. In terms or re-sale - red/tan is probably THE most popular. If the carpet and dash is black with the tan seats it's not bad, I just don't like it for my own cars.

Rosso corsa/black is in Germany what red/tan is in the USA (and rosso corsa/crema in the UK).

Hmmm. Didn't know that. If I was living in Florida or CA and had a Spider I might consider the tan. But the very,very light tan (don't know what it's called). From the tans it is the one that I dislike the least. Has to be an unbelieveable hard ache to keep clean though.

Last summer while at my dealer there was a Corsa/tan (the light tan) 360 spider. I was over hearing a customer complain to one of the salesman about how he ordered the car with a stick shift not the F1. He couldn't believe after waiting 3 years they messed up the order, etc. etc. The salesman is apologetic. He's telling the guy - "Look, take the car, enjoy it and we'll put another car on order for you. You won't lose any money on the car, enjoy it for a year or so" The guy was like "no way" and walked out of the deal..........1 week later while outside the front of my house I saw a red spider parked 2 houses up at a neighbor. I walked over and saw it was THE car from the dealer. My neighbor was on "the list" for over a year and was so excited that the dealer called him with an opportunity to get a new spider right away. He paid $50,000 over.

ps:My father-in-law is German. My mother-in-law -Swiss. Combo makes for a great wife.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    Patriek said:

You are correct. Red tan sells for more and faster. I also happen to think it looks better than black interior. Here is a my tan interior

Nick, yellow is still

the carpets I see in your 430, are they aftermarket ?

Yes they are aftermarket. There are a few manufacturers selling these mats one of which is "Keith Collins". Unfortunately Ferrari revoked his license and I am told he no longer producing them.

I am in the market to get new mats for my Yellow Spider with black interior. I found a place and will call them to see what they have. I probably will sell my red/tan mats.

Nick - Do you have an idea of how much your coupe will bring when the Spider arrives ?

btw: Too bad you don't live in NY. You would save over $17,000 in tax.

Agreed. Black would look so good in that car. Especially with all the Carbon Fiber you want a black interior. Tan goes good with wood. Bently, Rolls Royce etc. Thank God you can't order wood in a Ferrari. Black (w even some red) goes good with carbon fiber and aluminum. I said 'imagine an Enzo with tan' and there one is. Okay, imagine a 2005 Ford GT40 with a tan interior. I couldn't.

Quote:
    Patriek said:
    and it will also look good, maybe even better with a tan interior. black/tan is nice, but red/tan I hate. I mean tan on its own is a very beautifull interior color, but it doesn't match with a lot of exterior colors, and red is sure of them that don't match for me. Otherwise, tan looks stunning with darker ext colors.

black/tan, you will love it

In the 1980's every other luxery car in the North East US was Green and tan.

Quote:
    Narunlee said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Great comments. Thanks. For some reason, over the years, red/tan for a Ferrari has stuck in my mind. Yet, I have had black/black Mustang GT, Corvette, and now Porsche. Maybe I should consider a black/black F430.

Black on Black with yellow stitching in racing seats, yellow CCM or yellow standard calipers and shields is It's my second choice, I haven't ruled it out.

Very nice. My favorite combos for the 430 (right now)All w/ racing seats and shields

1)Corsa/Black/Red CCM calipers
    2)Black/Black,yellow stitching/Yellow CCM's
    3)Titanium/Black, silver stitching/Yellow or Red CCM's
    4)Corsa/Black, red stitching/Red CCM's.
    5)Yellow/Black, yellow stitching/Yellow CCM's

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Narunlee said:

In this pic you can clearly see, that grigio silverstone in person isn't by far as light as it appears to be when taken by Digicam.

It's more like Porsche's basalt black. Still a nice colour, but not as gorgeous as you might think, when you've seen pics only.

Thanks for your info & comment Rossi

The first Grigio silvertone f430 will come to Thailand in this september. I might see her in person and reconsider again.....

Thanks anyway

Narun

Quote:
    WCH said:
    "BTW, what is the "Stradale style steering wheel in black/tan"? Any pics?"

Sorry, not a very good description. It's the standard F430 steering wheel, but with two colors, exactly like the CS wheel but in tan and black leather - a black notch at the top, a few inch stretch of tan on either side of the notch, then black around the bottom.

Thanks!

Check this pic out. The black wheels look cool with the red and red CCM's but don't know if I'd like it for my own car.

Does it look like it has a two-tone red and black racing seats ? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Check this pic out. The black wheels look cool with the red and red CCM's but don't know if I'd like it for my own car.

Does it look like it has a two-tone red and black racing seats ? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

A little bit too black for me, but how about some titanium?

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

A little bit too black for me, but how about some titanium?

Yummmmmmmmmmmm! Sweet.
    Novitech Rosso's ?

Er, I think it's a PS, but a nice one nevertheless.

did anyone asked for the pictures of special coloured stitching? here they are!

??

OKAY

last one.
    It is really a subtle option but I like it. Looks like Hermes small leather goods.

Quote:
    WCH said:

what do you think .... I like it !

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    776836 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441572 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262702 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260846 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85124 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5520 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880567 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815723 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM