Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: F430 option list

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Special stitching is the thicker stitching which I order on my Spider.

The stereo with woofers really do not look good. They are between the seats on the back deck and are rather large round looking speakers. Stereo and CD changer are standard.

BTW I also order ball polished wheel rims(standard style). It gives them a sporter look without going into the Stradale wheels.They are apparently a little lighter than the standard wheels.

Can you describe how the thicker stitching looks like? Do really notice it at all? And is all the stitching thicker or only certain parts?

Are you sure about the CD changer? Here it is an option.

How do the ball polished rims look like? Pics?

The CD changer is standard for US cars.

Special stitching is more noticeable than colored standard stitching. Its thickness is close to double stitching. It is on all areas which require stitching.

Polished wells have more of a shiny look than the standard wheels but not as bright as chrome looking wheels.

I saw the heavy stitching on a 612 and thought it looked great. I have not seen the ball polished wheels on the 430( I saw something similar on I believe a Maserati) but they sounded interesting to me particularly regarding their lightness and apparent strength over standard wheels.

The cost for the stitching is $387 and the ball polished wheels is $1612.

Sadly I do not have pictures of either one but will look for some.

Thanks Nick! Looking forward to pics!

Can someone tell me which is the more popular exterior color: Rosso Scuderia or Corsa? I'm thinking of resale value.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Also Rossi - What about the Hi-Fi option ?
    I assumed the 430 came with a stereo. Yes / No ?

The F430 comes standard with the same system as the F360: it's a Becker stereo/CD with front speakers only. You can upgrade that audio with the following:
    - CD changer (6 CDs) in the boot
    - HiFi system, which means subwoofer behind the seats (in the middle of the rear shelf)
    - navigation (CD-based )

Concerning HiFi I don't like it as it uses some space behind the seats, something I don't want.

THANKS !
    I have the speakers on the rear wall now. But with the CS it's the ONLY place you could have speakers. For the 430 I don't care about having an upgraded stereo. It's something I won't bother ordering either. I haven't even used the CD changer in my 997 yet and I drive that car everyday. Besides- everything I leave off, saving money justifies the cost of the CCM's in my head. $2000 for stereo, $4000 for rims = $6000 1/3 of the CCM cost. No debate imo.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Leather upholstery for bench wall

You do get the rear bench in leather? What about the leather sills that come with this option?

I'm not sure.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Also Rossi - What about the Hi-Fi option ?
    I assumed the 430 came with a stereo. Yes / No ?

Special stitching is the thicker stitching which I order on my Spider.

The stereo with woofers really do not look good. They are between the seats on the back deck and are rather large round looking speakers. Stereo and CD changer are standard.

BTW I also order ball polished wheel rims(standard style). It gives them a sporter look without going into the Stradale wheels.They are apparently a little lighter than the standard wheels.

Thanks Nick.

Could you give more info on these "ball polished wheel rims(standard style)"
    They look like the stock rims but are lighter ? Do they have a different finish to them ?

Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    Can someone tell me which is the more popular exterior color: Rosso Scuderia or Corsa? I'm thinking of resale value.

More popular is Corsa. More popular on Challenge Stradale's is Scuderia.

The stitching is something I would be very interested in.
    Sounds nice. So do the rims.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Thanks. Can I also ask why you are getting the black interior with your Corsa? Isn't the tan the more popular color?

Why do you guys only choose colors and options for resale,
    don't you buy a F for yourself ???

Honestly ! would you still buy a Ferrai if you could not get a good (over sticker) resale price ?

If you can afford it, why bother so mutch, lives to short.,
    but I think a lot can't really afford it, and are afraid to loose money on it ! I NEVER would buy a car that way ! never

Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Thanks. Can I also ask why you are getting the black interior with your Corsa? Isn't the tan the more popular color?

I don't like tan at all. For me tan is the last color that should be inside a high performance sports car. I hate it for a 430. The CS was all about performance, that's why the car was mostly black inside. It would be the same way I'd feel about a tan interior inside an Enzo. Imagine an all tan interior in an Enzo. Eessh ! I feel the same way about tan for any Ferrari. Or Murci, Porsche or any high performance segments. Wouldn't want tan for an "M" series BMW, wouldn't want tan for an "AMG". Doesn't go with the inside of a GT2 or GT3. High performance and tan just dont go together imo. tans good for a couch but not for me in sports cars.

I'm looking at it as an investment also, in addition to wanting to own/drive a great automobile, such as the F430. As far as colors are concerned, I like to hear the opinion of others. I've always thought of getting a red/tan Ferrari since the 80's. Just wanted to hear what others think.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    I don't like tan at all. For me tan is the last color that should be inside a high performance sports car. I hate it for a 430. The CS was all about performance, that's why the car was mostly black inside. It would be the same way I'd feel about a tan interior inside an Enzo. Imagine an all tan interior in an Enzo. Eessh ! I feel the same way about tan for any Ferrari. Or Murci, Porsche or any high performance segments. Wouldn't want tan for an "M" series BMW, wouldn't want tan for an "AMG". Doesn't go with the inside of a GT2 or GT3. High performance and tan just dont go together imo. tans good for a couch but not for me in sports cars.

Great comments. Thanks. For some reason, over the years, red/tan for a Ferrari has stuck in my mind. Yet, I have had black/black Mustang GT, Corvette, and now Porsche. Maybe I should consider a black/black F430.

Quote:
    Patriek said:

Honestly ! would you still buy a Ferrai if you could not get a good (over sticker) resale price ?

but I think a lot can't really afford it, and are afraid to loose money on it ! I NEVER would buy a car that way ! never

Alan said he was thinking about re-sale and asked which color was more popular. There's nothing wrong with that. He didn't say he wouldn't buy one color or the other because of it. It's okay to consider this, especially if you're not familar with the market. I wouldn't get upset about it. If you can't ask a question like that here where could you go ?Maybe he like both colors very much and can't decide between them and re-sale would help him decide ???? Maybe he wants a car that will be very flippable because he wants another model in 6 months or a year ????

"If you can afford it, why bother so mutch, lives to short.,
    but I think a lot can't really afford it, and are afraid to loose money on it ! I NEVER would buy a car that way ! never"

Maybe you wouldn't buy a car "that way" but maybe he's thinking lifes to short to worry about if he can afford it or not, just go for it. In that case I'd give him a lot of credit for having the balls to go for the car whereas you wouldn't

Everybody's different Patriek. Try being more patient.

Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Great comments. Thanks. For some reason, over the years, red/tan for a Ferrari has stuck in my mind. Yet, I have had black/black Mustang GT, Corvette, and now Porsche. Maybe I should consider a black/black F430.

Black on Black with yellow stitching in racing seats, yellow CCM or yellow standard calipers and shields is It's my second choice, I haven't ruled it out.

Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    I'm looking at it as an investment also, in addition to wanting to own/drive a great automobile, such as the F430. As far as colors are concerned, I like to hear the opinion of others. I've always thought of getting a red/tan Ferrari since the 80's. Just wanted to hear what others think.

Red/tan is very popular. For a CA. car and investment it is even more popular. In terms or re-sale - red/tan is probably THE most popular. If the carpet and dash is black with the tan seats it's not bad, I just don't like it for my own cars.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:

Red/tan is very popular. For a CA. car and investment it is even more popular. In terms or re-sale - red/tan is probably THE most popular. If the carpet and dash is black with the tan seats it's not bad, I just don't like it for my own cars.

You are correct. Red tan sells for more and faster. I also happen to think it looks better than black interior. Here is a my tan interior

I prefer Ferraris in Le Mans Blue with tobacco tan interior.

Red is so common. Yellow is way corny and outta date, Silver is too stinkin German wannabe and black is
    lame over kill.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Patriek said:

Alan said he was thinking about re-sale and asked which color was more popular. There's nothing wrong with that. He didn't say he wouldn't buy one color or the other because of it. It's okay to consider this, especially if you're not familar with the market. I wouldn't get upset about it. If you can't ask a question like that here where could you go ?Maybe he like both colors very much and can't decide between them and re-sale would help him decide ???? Maybe he wants a car that will be very flippable because he wants another model in 6 months or a year ????

but I think a lot can't really afford it, and are afraid to loose money on it ! I NEVER would buy a car that way ! never"

Maybe you wouldn't buy a car "that way" but maybe he's thinking lifes to short to worry about if he can afford it or not, just go for it. In that case I'd give him a lot of credit for having the balls to go for the car whereas you wouldn't

You described exactly what I was thinking. In the end, I have to decide for myself which color combination I like, but hearing other opinions is for peace of mind.

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:

Red is so common. Yellow is way corny and outta date, Silver is too stinkin German wannabe and black is
    lame over kill.

James, my dear comrade, you have struck a blow to my heart. Yellow is corny?

They are building my Spider this month in the corny Yellow. In my opinion the 430 looks best in the lighter standard Ferrari colors. The dark blue is nice but hides the lines of the car.

Alan, how is it you are able to order a 430? You will love car and find it is a different experience from the more sedate and functional Porsche.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Alan, how is it you are able to order a 430? You will love car and find it is a different experience from the more sedate and functional Porsche.

Well,

I'm going to have to work on that. I assume that I'll have to bribe a salesman But if you or anybody has a lead anywhere in the US to order a new 430, please send me a PM.

Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

Well,

I'm going to have to work on that. I assume that I'll have to bribe a salesman But if you or anybody has a lead anywhere in the US to order a new 430, please send me a PM.

Ouch! Very difficult to do. You may have to pay above MSRP.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:

lame over kill.

They are building my Spider this month in the corny Yellow. In my opinion the 430 looks best in the lighter standard Ferrari colors. The dark blue is nice but hides the lines of the car.

Nick, can you still save yourself from the corn car.

F430's look pretty good, so if you are stuck in a Ferrari painted the state color of Iowa, it wont be all that bad.

Alan, get the Ferrari. Once you spend time in one you will realize what just a proletariat worker mobile Porsches actually are.

Its not to say that Porsches arent competent at what they do, but thats just it, they are more competent and serious than fun.

Ferraris are sublimely brilliant by comparison. They impart a joyous sense of occaision to any trip short or long.

You are correct. Red tan sells for more and faster. I also happen to think it looks better than black interior. Here is a my tan interior

Nick, yellow is still

the carpets I see in your 430, are they aftermarket ?

I understand, but honestly, about my question if you still would buy a new Ferrari, if you knew, that you could NOT 'flip' it, or resell it for more or less the same or even higher price,

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:

Rosso corsa/black is in Germany what red/tan is in the USA (and rosso corsa/crema in the UK).

Quote:
    Patriek said:

Nick, yellow is still

the carpets I see in your 430, are they aftermarket ?

Yes they are aftermarket. There are a few manufacturers selling these mats one of which is "Keith Collins". Unfortunately Ferrari revoked his license and I am told he no longer producing them.

I am in the market to get new mats for my Yellow Spider with black interior. I found a place and will call them to see what they have. I probably will sell my red/tan mats.

Quote:
    Patriek said:

I understand, but honestly, about my question if you still would buy a new Ferrari, if you knew, that you could NOT 'flip' it, or resell it for more or less the same or even higher price,

Patriek, I would still buy it but there comes a limit as to how much depreciation I will accept. Let's just say that if it depreciates as much or more than my 997S, I would definitely not be interested. I'm not expecting that level of depreciation, obviously. I plan to keep the car no more than 2 years. Maybe even one year. It will be a weekend car and I will use the 997S as my daily commuter car as I do now.

But, definitely, the low level of depreciation of this car has gotten my interest where I would normally just pass on the car.

Quote:
    nberry said:

I first saw the F430 in person in Blu Tour de France. Doesn't really fit the car IMHO, the dark blue hides the aggressive lines of the car (much more aggressive than those of the 360) and in combination with light brown interior this colour combi is way too conservative for a car like the F430.

I'm with Nick about the standard Ferrari colours, the F430 looks gorgeous in red and also in yellow. Concerning black, it also hides the lines but as Stradale correctly said: a black/black F430 with yellow stitching, shields and yellow calipers looks absolutely mean.

Quote:
    Patriek said:

Well Patriek, it's just a way of economical thinking, if you try to get a car with not that much depreciation. I think there's nothing wrong with it. And selling an F-car over sticker, isn't possible outside the USA.
    And in my case, I'm in a lucky position: it happens that I like the Ferrari colour best, that's called resale-red.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    777003 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441627 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262743 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260899 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85159 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5547 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880604 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815804 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM