Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 - Carrera Language: English Region: Worldwide Sticky: yes Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II)

Sitting on your arm chair  all day would be the killer. 
    You are making the most out  of your life in your beautiful valley. 
    Probably no better moment then when out there with the crew around full of life.

watt:
    RC:
    watt:

the only rule of cervical myelopathy:  if you've already shattered your neck, henceforth fall on you knees, arms and shoulders... it's repeatablekiss

IMG_8181.jpeg

Watt, I know you won't listen but PLEASE, be careful. A nasty infection can get you faster closer to god than you wish for. I love to see your photos all the time, would not want something to happen to you, so PLEASE take care of yourself and don't take unnecessary risks. 

RC,

2 toes amputated [another just saved] to stop bone infections, and 12 $5,000 applications of stem cells to heal one of my massive leg wounds on a shin -  all to clear infections for surgeon approval for  my March hip op --- plenty of experience.  And I am well aware if my spinal hardware gets infected I am dead.

The Wound Dept nurses and I are good friends now I see them weekly - but life goes on, and we manage the wounds, and since shin wounds are worst as there's no flesh to push healing, I've even bought  some Austrian 3 ply knee socks for shin protection to prep for hip #2 in November!  But these surface cuts heal quickly even at my age.

As I said it's the next neck fall that's irretrievable.  But every day is a Joy.

Watt, I'm wondering why not wear trekking pants? they would help protect the shin from the open wounds on the legs, or are they too uncomfortable and difficult to trek with?

Gnil:

Sitting on your arm chair  all day would be the killer. 
    You are making the most out  of your life in your beautiful valley. 
    Probably no better moment then when out there with the crew around full of life

^ ^ ^ This!

--

If I don't fly, I drive my .:RS :)

This is our go-to cream for small cuts and scratches like yours, watt.

Bepanthen Wound and Healing Ointment

--

If I don't fly, I drive my .:RS :)

watt:

RC,

2 toes amputated [another just saved] to stop bone infections, and 12 $5,000 applications of stem cells to heal one of my massive leg wounds on a shin -  all to clear infections for surgeon approval for  my March hip op --- plenty of experience.  And I am well aware if my spinal hardware gets infected I am dead.

The Wound Dept nurses and I are good friends now I see them weekly - but life goes on, and we manage the wounds, and since shin wounds are worst as there's no flesh to push healing, I've even bought  some Austrian 3 ply knee socks for shin protection to prep for hip #2 in November!  But these surface cuts heal quickly even at my age.

As I said it's the next neck fall that's irretrievable.  But every day is a Joy.

Enjoy life, you know I fully agree with you but unnecessary risks can be avoided by using proper clothing for example (as Carlos suggested). I would never want you to stay at home on the couch, no way but I would love to enjoy your photos as long as possible, if you get my drift. I am just egoistic...SmileySmiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), BMW Z4 M40i (2022), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

Watt. PM me your USA address. I will send some 25+ UMF grade Manuka Honey from my business here in NZ. We are the biggest stockist of such products in New Zealand - the home of Manuka honey. It is a very high grade and applied to the open wound will immediately accellerate/promote tissue recovery and completely eliminate the possibility of outside infection. Better still you can use it topically as well as take it orally to fortify your immune system against virus and infection. It has massive antibacterial and anti inflamatory qualities. You can keep the pot in the Yeep. Best yet it tastes good!

--

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2022 Toyota GR Yaris, 2021 992 GT3, 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia QV, 2009 Lotus Elise SC

macca993:

Watt. PM me your USA address. I will send some 25+ UMF grade Manuka Honey from my business here in NZ. We are the biggest stockist of such products in New Zealand - the home of Manuka honey. It is a very high grade and applied to the open wound will immediately accellerate/promote tissue recovery and completely eliminate the possibility of outside infection. Better still you can use it topically as well as take it orally to fortify your immune system against virus and infection. It has massive antibacterial and anti inflamatory qualities. You can keep the pot in the Yeep. Best yet it tastes good!

Believe it or not but I ate some UMF28+ Manuka honey a few times, I love how it tastes but then reduced to UMF10+ Smiley because it got too expensive... Smiley Very good quality indeed and also very good for wounds and disinfection. Smiley

Stopped eating honey because I realized how much sugar it has...but I guess my goal for another six pack isn't easy, I love ice cream way too much. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), BMW Z4 M40i (2022), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

RC. Raw honey has better (natural) sugars in it than the white sugar you will find has been added into many of the things you eat. The recommended dose of Manuka is around 5 grams or a single teaspoon. Less sugar than a piece of bread. We sell 28+ but its overpriced. More a trophy product than anything. Mostly we sell 20+ but we have 25+ currently for similar price (85 Euro = 250gram) which doesn't happen often due to scarcity. Our customer base includes some ultra high wealth indivduals and royalty in middle east and europe. They almost always buy 20+. I dont know if they have a six pack to worry about. I suspect not...if you want natural sugar free honey look for honeydew. Its been secondary processed by the bees after digested by an inspect so has no sugar. We sell it to diabetics :-)

--

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2022 Toyota GR Yaris, 2021 992 GT3, 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia QV, 2009 Lotus Elise SC

I did not know all this about honey, very interesting!

I put honey on my oatmeal in the morning everyday to make it sweet but it's just normal honey, I just make sure it's from local beefarmers to avoid it being adulterated in any way as like the stuff you buy from the supermarket shelf.

Not sure how valid, but what I was told is the high UMF only really makes sense for topical application. 

Watt, respect. Really great that you are getting out there proper…

macca993:

RC. Raw honey has better (natural) sugars in it than the white sugar you will find has been added into many of the things you eat. The recommended dose of Manuka is around 5 grams or a single teaspoon. Less sugar than a piece of bread. We sell 28+ but its overpriced. More a trophy product than anything. Mostly we sell 20+ but we have 25+ currently for similar price (85 Euro = 250gram) which doesn't happen often due to scarcity. Our customer base includes some ultra high wealth indivduals and royalty in middle east and europe. They almost always buy 20+. I dont know if they have a six pack to worry about. I suspect not...if you want natural sugar free honey look for honeydew. Its been secondary processed by the bees after digested by an inspect so has no sugar. We sell it to diabetics :-)

I always ate half a jar Smiley per day, I love honey. I got stung as an older kid by probably dozens(!) of bees when I put my head inside a bee nest (I'm not kidding, I was curios how it looks inside). Thank god I wasn't allergic but I was running around with a swollen face/head for almost two weeks and this was the time I got my first sunglasses. Smiley

My daughter says I am a human bee Smiley because I love honey so much. My favorite ice cream was Ben & Jerry's Home Sweet Honey Comb, I was devastated when I couldn't get it here in Germany anymore. Smiley

How does honeydew taste? Never tried it. Smiley

--

a link where one can order ? smiley

cookieguy:

Not sure how valid, but what I was told is the high UMF only really makes sense for topical application. 

Believe it or not but each time after I ate that very high UMF honey, I felt a very pleasant warm feeling in my stomach. The taste of his high grade honey is also very unique, doesn't taste like the honey we are used to here in Europe. Not that sweet.

--

Carlos from Spain:
    watt:
    RC:
    watt:

the only rule of cervical myelopathy:  if you've already shattered your neck, henceforth fall on you knees, arms and shoulders... it's repeatablekiss

IMG_8181.jpeg

Watt, I know you won't listen but PLEASE, be careful. A nasty infection can get you faster closer to god than you wish for. I love to see your photos all the time, would not want something to happen to you, so PLEASE take care of yourself and don't take unnecessary risks. 

RC,

Watt, I'm wondering why not wear trekking pants? they would help protect the shin from the open wounds on the legs, or are they too uncomfortable and difficult to trek with?

Ah yes, pants.  I wore pants working indoors.  Outdoors above 37F -- shorts. It's a mental defect, like going Way Back In with a broken neck. 

Thanks to all for many great suggestionsSmiley

A run to SLC in the Madame "truck"mobile -- a great Rockies road car:

1. fast enough.... if you keep it "on the cam" Smiley
    2. decent in winter w 22" snows
    3. eminently preferable in SLC traffico intenso to a low sports car
    4. corners mildly, like a 5 L RR, or E63s wagon
    5. more attractive than cayenne turbo S
    6. in Madame's color, almost invisible

IMG_8582.jpeg

IMG_8585.jpeg

Fresh summer grass is feeding the cows up here

IMG_2907.JPG

Gnil:

Fresh summer grass is feeding the cows up here

IMG_2907.JPG

So beautiful!!!!

With sombre love, we said good bye to one of our favourite high altitude jump offs; the track is too steep now for my remnant body, vertical sections down bound just the Brink of Extinction.  We add it to the others and keep on  pushing it across slash piles, avalanches and other safer challenges.

This track a needle to thread driving.

IMG_8591.jpeg

jeep impassable 2 mile3s below here

IMG_8603.jpeg

The Crewe diggin' it.

IMG_8619.jpeg

Sulla is growing, and keeping memory of the greatest Lead Bitch ever - Sun Ra - alive; vestiges of his adulthood look throughSmiley

IMG_8601.jpeg

Sun Ra

1690068490115IMG_2776 2.jpeg

Sulla still a nerf ball puppy

IMG_8615.jpeg

Sabre, the MonsterPiece.  Very, very perfect.

IMG_8599.jpeg

Sir Cosmic Messenger. the sweetest guy, the absolutely relentless Retriever; 11 years young - indefatigable.

IMG_8600.jpeg

IMG_8360.jpeg

BoomBoom Free Stacking untrained, a ring stud, a natural Champion -  sweet, and a great guard dog.

70338291_1423782001111727_1983237462876487680_n 3.jpg

Adios.

IMG_8626.jpeg

Seneca's Heart, she always drank here at HER HEART when the cancer made her thirsty.

IMG_8602 2.jpeg

And BoomBoom turns 5 tomorrowkisswinksmiley

IMG_8629.jpeg

wink

watt:

jeep impassable 2 mile3s below here

IMG_8603.jpeg

Beautiful. I can just imagine walking that trail .Smiley

it's getting sparse at 9,000'

IMG_8732.jpeg

but finally replaced by the flowers

IMG_8734.jpeg

HaHa!

We were in the long descent in our home country when the Right hip blew. Such a blessing - my surgeon had a spot 22 August to replace it, so we will beat the heat of August with more Titaniumkiss  This expression came to mind thinking of 1975, at the joint Cornell/Harvard/Princeton geology field school in Red Lodge, Montana, my Princeton pal who worked summer trail crew at the Adirondack League Club had a motto - beat the heat with NyQuil!  Disgusting image them taking break from chain saws to chug NyQuil for a nap.....

IMG_8708.jpeg

IMG_8780.jpeg

We hope to keep visiting our old friends right up to surgery, as the pain is manageable - 

IMG_4508.jpeg

IMG_8737.jpeg

IMG_8739.jpeg

1691336055751IMG_8738.jpeg

the first Gladiolas of the summer -- Sun Ra's gravestone on the waysmiley

IMG_8795.jpeg

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    803314 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448600 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266159 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90085 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6639 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885778 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    833389 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM