Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayman Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: GT4RS

Gauss:

I hope it's not a repost, the price of the big upgrade is going to be 39.718 € (net of tax). Hefty price if you compare it to the base price of the 4RS.

When you know that the original back spoiler is sold for around 10k , the side plates 500 each.....  it is not surprising the full kit has that stratospheric price. I would love to have it, but hard to justify 

Gnil:
    Gauss:

I hope it's not a repost, the price of the big upgrade is going to be 39.718 € (net of tax). Hefty price if you compare it to the base price of the 4RS.

When you know that the original back spoiler is sold for around 10k , the side plates 500 each.....  it is not surprising the full kit has that stratospheric price. I would love to have it, but hard to justify 

I think the same.

Wow. The stock set-up is manually adjustable like the GT3 no? 

Went to the dealership some weeks ago to check any luck for the GT4RS allocation and wanted to ask when would be the latest time to get a GT4 allocation in case no hope for GT4RS. Apparently, they stopped the GT4 production already, according to the salesperson.

Fast forward a few weeks, the salesperson called for GT4RS allocation! This is like a dream comes true! I have been a member in this forum for many many years, but I seldom post anything. Maybe I can post some photo when I get the car.

I would like say thank you to this forum community, I really enjoy reading here and I got so much interesting info. Also, special thanks for Whoopsy for posting the info for GT4 with GT3 engine all the way back in 2018. I started bugging the dealership since then. 

Regarding options, there are a few weird restrictions / changes. Steering column has become manual only. Entry and drive could not be ordered. Rain senor and auto dimming mirrors are also not available, maybe only specific to where I am. Would anyone happen to know if rain senor and auto dimming could be retro-fitted? Appreciate if someone could share whether it's worthwhile to order the Bose sound system upgrade too.

Congratulations on your allocation wink

I guess options are personal, but the ones you mention, are in my book not really important, except Entry and Drive, which I also do not have on my GT3. That one I would like to have, but the moment you turn the key, it is really a non issue kiss

Thomas

You are welcome!

Entry and Drive isn't offered on any GT cars. 

Bose would be like a must have, the base stock speakers just sin't good for even listening to AM radio.

And no, rain sensor and auto dimming mirror cannot be retrofitted after. 

--

sima:

Went to the dealership some weeks ago to check any luck for the GT4RS allocation and wanted to ask when would be the latest time to get a GT4 allocation in case no hope for GT4RS. Apparently, they stopped the GT4 production already, according to the salesperson.

Fast forward a few weeks, the salesperson called for GT4RS allocation! This is like a dream comes true! I have been a member in this forum for many many years, but I seldom post anything. Maybe I can post some photo when I get the car.

I would like say thank you to this forum community, I really enjoy reading here and I got so much interesting info. Also, special thanks for Whoopsy for posting the info for GT4 with GT3 engine all the way back in 2018. I started bugging the dealership since then. 

Regarding options, there are a few weird restrictions / changes. Steering column has become manual only. Entry and drive could not be ordered. Rain senor and auto dimming mirrors are also not available, maybe only specific to where I am. Would anyone happen to know if rain senor and auto dimming could be retro-fitted? Appreciate if someone could share whether it's worthwhile to order the Bose sound system upgrade too.

Congrats, do post pictures when you take delivery !

Congratulations. Yes, please, do post many pictures. 
    A few days ago I asked my local salesman if he got new allocations this year and the answer was “no, nothing more then what we were allocated last year.”’

Must be a region thing or maybe this specific dealer just didn’t want any. The director is not too much into GT cars. Prefers to make his bread and butter with standard models and not have to deal with the GT hassle. 

I have the base Bose.  It is just good enough to hear something. But … I hardly ever turn it on. If you use the throttle on the 4RS no sound system will cope with the “noise”. 
    only when driving smoothly will you be able to hear your stereo. 

Congrats, Sima wink

--

22 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.9L Twin-Plug MFI Carbon Fiber replica. Former: 18 GT3 Manual, 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi, 06 EVO9 with track mods

Thanks Whoopsy. I did no t know about the entry&drive on GT Cars.

not so long ago, there was no parking camera or parking sensor on GT cars. Got only introduced with 991.2 version...compromise on 100g weight!

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

Cayenne Coupe Turbo 2020

Congrats Sima!

Congrats Sima! I am very happy for you. I know the joy of getting that unexpected 4RS phone call!

Once you've thought about it, post some details of your spec so we can daydream with you...

A little update about my 4RS spec. I initially specced GT silver, and I still think that would look good. But I felt that this car needs something more intense. With PTS being unavailable, I went back and forth between Guards Red and Shark Blue. But with Guards Red, I couldn't get the yellow steering wheel center mark changed to red without going CXX (which has a minimum order limit) or aftermarket (not my thing). That left Shark Blue. On June 20th, it should "freeze" as Weissach Pack, hood/wing stripe, Mg wheels in neodyme, PCCBs with yellow calipers, sea blue interior seat inserts and stitching, yellow door pulls and seat belts. Also ordered PDLS (+ not available), smartphone compartment, smoking package, luggage net, lighting, rain sensor and illuminated door sills. No Bose, no fire extinguisher. I think that's everything. So far on schedule for early August delivery.  

the-missile:

not so long ago, there was no parking camera or parking sensor on GT cars. Got only introduced with 991.2 version...compromise on 100g weight!

That was for complying with US regulation on mandatory backup camera.

--

mcdelaug:

A little update about my 4RS spec. I initially specced GT silver, and I still think that would look good. But I felt that this car needs something more intense. With PTS being unavailable, I went back and forth between Guards Red and Shark Blue. But with Guards Red, I couldn't get the yellow steering wheel center mark changed to red without going CXX (which has a minimum order limit) or aftermarket (not my thing). That left Shark Blue. On June 20th, it should "freeze" as Weissach Pack, hood/wing stripe, Mg wheels in neodyme, PCCBs with yellow calipers, sea blue interior seat inserts and stitching, yellow door pulls and seat belts. Also ordered PDLS (+ not available), smartphone compartment, smoking package, luggage net, lighting, rain sensor and illuminated door sills. No Bose, no fire extinguisher. I think that's everything. So far on schedule for early August delivery.  

I went with a ProClip USA console phone mount, it will accept a standard Apple MageSafe charger. I know I will never put my phone inside the armrest compartment to charge so I skipped that.

--

Thanks Nick, I'll check that out.

New Manthey setup as of today. I haven't had the opportunity to test it yet, but it should be a significant improvement over the performance on the Nordschleife. 

IMG_1229.jpeg

You will love it kiss

--

2019 911 GT3 RS,1964 Type 1

mcdelaug:

Thanks Nick, I'll check that out.

Great quality stuff. I have switched over all my phone mounts to them. Easy tool less mounting to the car, only need to screw the MagSafe holder top to the base. Too bad they don't make one for my Lightning so I am stuck with a vent mount right now.

--

Gauss:

New Manthey setup as of today. I haven't had the opportunity to test it yet, but it should be a significant improvement over the performance on the Nordschleife. 

IMG_1229.jpeg

So the full conversion is available again ? Looking forward to your feed back. And I need to get to the Ring as soon as possible to get it too. 

Unfortunately no, it's just a setup, not an upgrade kit. The setup kit consists only of a measurement and a wheel load balancing/adjustment. Additionally, I also opted for the brake upgrade, which includes new Manthey/Pagid racing brake pads, Endless brake fluid, and steel-braided brake lines. And I treated myself to the Manthey banner 😁

Gauss:

IMG_1229.jpeg

What did they do to it? If you don't mind sharing.

Edit: Nevermind :)

--

1988 Peugeot 205 Rallye / 2004 Porsche 996 GT3 RS  / 2022 BMW M5 CS

Gauss:

Unfortunately no, it's just a setup, not an upgrade kit. The setup kit consists only of a measurement and a wheel load balancing/adjustment. Additionally, I also opted for the brake upgrade, which includes new Manthey/Pagid racing brake pads, Endless brake fluid, and steel-braided brake lines. And I treated myself to the Manthey banner 😁

Still interested to get your impressions with the new set up .

Did they tell you anything new about the conversion availability ?

Gnil:
    Gauss:

Still interested to get your impressions with the new set up .

Did they tell you anything new about the conversion availability ?

Nothing new, I'm still left to believe that it might never return, hard to believe still. Smiley

If you buy the new suspension (11.900 € net + 1.253 € net for the install), then the conversion is included. 

thank you everyone and for sure will post many photo when the car arrives. indecision

I ordered the following specs: GT silver, WS package, front lift system, chrono package, PDLS, park assist, and Bose. 

I just feel bad that rain sensors and auto-dimming mirrors cannot be ordered....and also cannot be retro-fitted. 

The other option that I am still thinking is PCCB. I will probably only take the car out for a quick spin say for Sunday morning drive. Any input would be appreciated, thank you.

Also, salesperson said we had to send the order to factory soon, but he did not come back on when the the date for option freeze. 

hi Gnil, good luck and hope you will have some good news soon. I have a feeling I got the call before I kept bugging the salesperson. Before the allocation call, I actually sent the salesperson ad of someone selling his/her GT4 RS, so he knew I really wanted to get one, either thru him or I might even go for an used one. 

hi Whoopsy, now that Spyder RS is out, would you keep your GT4 RS or would swap to a Spyder RS? I wonder if Spyder RS would have the same air in-take sound. 

Sima, what is your “freeze date”? If you are lucky maybe the rain sensor will become available again before that date.

sima:

hi Whoopsy, now that Spyder RS is out, would you keep your GT4 RS or would swap to a Spyder RS? I wonder if Spyder RS would have the same air in-take sound. 

The Spyder RS won't have the same intake sound as the GT4RS, 4RS has a slightly longer intake track and also inside a hard top, the resonance will be completely different.

I do planned on keeping the GT4RS and add the Spyder RS. Waiting for them to re-open PTS as I planned on having them as a matching pair. They are that special. 

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688829 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408832 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255585 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234837 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65428 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4638 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857682 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773581 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM