Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Gordon Murray - T.50

Well, I have a similar nostalgia.  Actually, I first saw the Carrara GT prototype when it was unveiled at the Paris motor show in October 2000.  I was traveling with my parents and was invited up stage to sit in it and look at the race car engineering inside the engine bay.  I remember posting photos of our family with CGT prototype at the auto salon in Paris to this forum, but I think it is lost after the rennteam site hack.  

I had a numerous chance to buy one since then.  A couple of examples new at the dealer ship and then even below MSRP for a low mileage one during the financial crisis of 2008. Two years ago, there was a GT silver one at 18,000kms asking price of a $1 million, but I passed as it was clearly not maintained properly.   

This new T.33 Spider feels like a bygone opportunity that I had with a Carrera GT and do not want to miss it this time around.  

@mcdelaug & Jean: Bravo gents, thanks for the bit of eye candy 

@nberry: I think I might know where that particular CGT ended up angry

Jean:

1681224633006IMG_1349.jpeg

It's nice to see fellow Serie Oro here.  Mine is no. 123/300. indecision

That’s so awesome! I have #162. Do we have any other MV fans on RT? This is your opportunity to “come out!”

mcdelaug:
    Jean:

1681224633006IMG_1349.jpeg

It's nice to see fellow Serie Oro here.  Mine is no. 123/300. indecision

That’s so awesome! I have #162. Do we have any other MV fans on RT? This is your opportunity to “come out!”

I've been a fan of the design and technology/hardware, but I've stayed away from bikes for self-preservation (I don't trust myself) Smiley

--

22 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.9L Twin-Plug MFI Carbon Fiber replica. Former: 18 GT3 Manual, 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi, 06 EVO9 with track mods

I totally get that Grant. Yet honestly, it’s distracted car drivers that are most dangerous to motorcyclists…

nberry:
    Jean:

If you were given a new chance to buy a CGT, would you take it? indecision
    I missed my chance some 20 years ago and have been regretting it this long. 
    T.33 Spider is a beautiful car. The more I look at it the more everything makes sense. 
    I thought the smiling gape was wrong too but then if you add the license plate to it I think it will be complete. 
    If you were to compare it to CGT, this has two more cylinders and revs 3000 rpm more and much lighter too. About the weight of a Miata MX-5. More of an F50 renewal. 

I walked away from a new black CGT. It was on the showroom floor. This was at a time when Porsche was having difficulty selling the car. My sales person called indicating they were willing to negotiate for the sale of the car. With checkbook in hand I went to the dealership intent on buying.

Funny...had the same experience with the 918. Was at Weissach for a lap run with Lars Kern in the (then) new 991.1 Turbo S (it wasn't out yet) and after the run I met with someone there who asked me if I'm not interested in a 918, dealer would even be able to throw in a small discount (I think 5%). It was at a time when Porsche had sold almost(!) all cars but a few were left and demand had slowed down considerably. I already knew that it was selling slow and I was tempted (more as an investment to re-sell than anything else, I couldn't afford to keep the car) but they told me I couldn't sell it for 6 months (or was it a year? Smiley) and it was complicated and I wasn't sure it would sell, so I declined.

Well... SmileySmiley

Same with the last GT2 RS. Got a production slot on my name for one, lease(!) rate would have been only 350 EUR per month, so super cheap. What the catch was? I pay 120000 EUR (incl. tax) down payment, I keep the car 6 months, I can drive it a maximum of 5000 km and then I would re-sell it through the dealer (the proposal came from my old sales guy, he would have arranged everything). So basically, I would get my 120000 EUR back from the new buyer and I would be able to drive the car 5000 km for 6 payments of 350 EUR plus insurance. In an ideal situation, I would get 10000 EUR on top. If I decided to keep the car, the lease would go for 24 months and then I would have had to see how it continues.

I declined (and this one, I am actually sad about I declined because I really liked the car and maybe I would have kept it).

Chances...sometimes we take them, sometimes we don't. Maybe it was for a reason that we didn't take them.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), BMW Z4 M40i (2022), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

Haha, that reminds me again of me passing up on TWO CGT, one at CAD$325k one at CAD$375k.

But I only like the car, I don't love it, even had I gotten one it would have been an investment only. 

But I kicked myself very hard every time if I think about the time me passing up on a McLaren F1, and a 959. Those 2 are the real keepers I really wanted to have. 

--

There is a difference between an automobile enthusiast/collector and an automobile buyer. I don't have the funds nor the inclination to be a car collector. I buy my cars one at a time and drive them. I sell them when I no longer enjoy washing them. It's a sign they need to be replaced.indecision 

--

The purpose of life is to enjoy the moment.

Every car I have, sans the Mach E, but including the Lightning, I enjoy washing them, caressing all the body panels and check for dirt and clean them out (the Lightning is a truck, it can't be too clean or it would look out of place). 

The Mach E is simply here to be a cheap transportation device, a thing that I don't care if it's dirty or get dinged up by car doors. 

As fro the collector side, at any given moment in time, there will be numerous CGT for sale, so it's just money if I ever wanted to own one. And they will all be in great shape. Very different than say my turbo 3.6, I'd be lucky to see a handful for sale at any given time, or say a 928 GTS, which almost never for me to find more than one if at all, or a 89 Speedster where they are sort of rare to find on the market, and I haven't got to 94 Speedster. 930 turbos are another that's rare to find a good example. 997 GT3RS 4.0? Another more rare car than a CGT. 997 Sports Classic is another example. My own Exclusive is another one of those rare cars for true collectors. 964 RS, the proper one, not the RS America is another one. 2.7 RS is another wanted car. A 3.2 Carrera isn't too rare but rare to find a good one, and I rank it higher than a CGT. And I haven't even mention the GT1. 

On my check list, there is at least 10 cars if not more ahead that I really want before getting to the CGT. 

To be honest, I would go for a F40, a F50, Enzo, before a CGT. It is ranked really that low on my priority list simply because it has no significance in Porsche's history. It's just a side show. 

--

Whoopsy:

Haha, that reminds me again of me passing up on TWO CGT, one at CAD$325k one at CAD$375k.

But I only like the car, I don't love it, even had I gotten one it would have been an investment only. 

But I kicked myself very hard every time if I think about the time me passing up on a McLaren F1, and a 959. Those 2 are the real keepers I really wanted to have. 

Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), BMW Z4 M40i (2022), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

Whoopsy:

To be honest, I would go for a F40, a F50, Enzo, before a CGT. It is ranked really that low on my priority list simply because it has no significance in Porsche's history. It's just a side show. 

Interesting, I can't say I agree. Being the only Porsche road car to get that engine, and the story behind it, is enough to make it historically significant. Add to that the carbon chasis, and the rollercoaster market valuations, that's one heck of a side show. 

T.33 Spider will be unveiled to the public at Goodwood today. 

Whoopsy:

Agree with your list except the Enzo which I never warmed to. CGT a side show - now that is a minority position. It is high on my regrets list - I wish I had bought it instead of my biggest error which was the Senna.

Hehe yes, my position isn't a popular one either. 

Within Porsche, among their significant cars, the GT1, the 959, the CGT and the 918, I value what they contribute to the company. GT1 won Le Mans, enough said. 959 was a tech tour de force back then, and its AWD system basically still lives on to this day on all Porsche road cars. and it also won Dakar. 918 is another technologically complex car and it's hybrid system went on to power all of Porsche's hybrids even to this day, and the interior design spread to all other Porsche products, including a vertical centre touch screen and those annoying touch buttons. And now with the Porsche  LMDh efforts the engine went racing too. 

CGT is the odd duck, nothing from it went on to other Porsche products. it was the result of not one but two salvage program from two failed racing endeavours, and Porsche HAD to make it sellable as they were financially in bad shape and really needed money back. 

No question it has an amazing engine, but the engine never went anywhere else. 

Had the CGT been a Ferrari, I would have place it differently, it owed instantly be up there with the F40s and F50s but it isn't. 

--

Gordon Murray T.50 Spider driven by Dario Franchitti with Top Gear magazine…  E0F26BDD-E91B-4EF4-964B-7C4204B9E420.gif

...turn up the volume to 12,000rpm! Smiley

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v= s_Nbg1tdDUA

Smiley

Wow.  Really looking forward to the T.33 Spider unveiling.  Basically same engine in the T.33 and the sound must be similar to T.50.

Gordon Murray T.50 and T.33 Spider with Dario Franchitti at Goodwood...E0F26BDD-E91B-4EF4-964B-7C4204B9E420.gif

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En2UsJ28yIM

Smiley

Gordon Murray T.50 driven up the runway by Dario Franchitti and filmed in-car by Top Gear magazine…  E0F26BDD-E91B-4EF4-964B-7C4204B9E420.gif

...turn up the volume to 12,000rpm! Smiley

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUyUyd5Ld7g

Smiley

Jesus freakin' christ!! that sound!!! it's just mesmerizing  

Fantastic V12 sound.  Perfection with primary and secondary balance.

Whoopsy:

Hehe yes, my position isn't a popular one either. 

Within Porsche, among their significant cars, the GT1, the 959, the CGT and the 918, I value what they contribute to the company. GT1 won Le Mans, enough said. 959 was a tech tour de force back then, and its AWD system basically still lives on to this day on all Porsche road cars. and it also won Dakar. 918 is another technologically complex car and it's hybrid system went on to power all of Porsche's hybrids even to this day, and the interior design spread to all other Porsche products, including a vertical centre touch screen and those annoying touch buttons. And now with the Porsche  LMDh efforts the engine went racing too. 

CGT is the odd duck, nothing from it went on to other Porsche products. it was the result of not one but two salvage program from two failed racing endeavours, and Porsche HAD to make it sellable as they were financially in bad shape and really needed money back. 

No question it has an amazing engine, but the engine never went anywhere else. 

You could make the alternative argument that because the CGT was a salvage project, that it becomes special. 959, GT1, 918 all had premeditated strategic plans pushing them to production. You could think of the CGT as the car that Porsche didn’t intend to make, a drivetrain that would have been only for their motor sports program, until rule changes and economics intervened. And now, its value is more about being the final “analog” super car than its place in Porsche’s heritage.

^

You could also make the argument that it is simply a more pure car, in the traditional sense of automobiles as we know them. I am pretty sure Porsche engineering and cognoscenti hold the CGT in much higher "esteem" than some pseudo experts. I know who has great influence upon me!

***** T.50 - Cosworth V12 Engine - Case Study *****

Overview

For its first ever vehicle, Gordon Murray Automotive wants to rewrite the super car rulebook. The T.50 will be the purest, lightest, most driver-focused supercar ever built – a spiritual successor to the iconic McLaren F1 and made to the same exacting standards.

Describing its approach as ‘unflinching dedication’, the T.50 uses world-leading standards of advanced engineering across all of its components. GMA recruited us as a trusted technical partner to design, develop and manufacture an all-new exclusive V12 engine to power the T.50.

Challenge

Our brief from GMA was clear – the engine had to be light. It had to have the fastest response time of any engine ever built for the road, replicating the targets set for the illustrious McLaren F1. We were tasked with delivering the highest-revving engine ever made for a production car with unrivalled power-to-weight. The brief also extended to aesthetics and aural experience by developing a characterful V12 which sounds superb and looks good – a clean design with no coverings or belt-driven ancillaries.

Particular focus has been given to producing the purest driving experience, in keeping with the overriding ethos of the T.50. Alongside being able to deliver superlative performance, the engine also had to meet modern emissions targets.

Solution

A key part of the brief was to keep the capacity of the T.50’s V12 as small as possible. With a clear view on the required acceleration and torque, and the goal of a sub-1,000kg total vehicle weight, we proposed the capacity to be just 3.9-litres while still achieving supercar performance.

It will be the highest revving, fastest responding, most power dense, and lightest naturally aspirated V12 road car engine ever. Meticulously designed and engineered, the unit brings together the collective experience of Cosworth and Gordon Murray to be the most engaging, characterful and driver focused V12 engine ever produced.

Not only does the T.50’s V12 promise high-end power, 663 PS at 11,500 rpm, it is also compliant for everyday driving. The maximum torque figure of 467Nm is produced at 9,000rpm, but key to ensuring day-to-day driveability is that 71% of the engine’s torque will be produced from as low as 2,500rpm.

The T.50 engine produces the highest power density of any naturally aspirated road car engine ever made – 166PS-per-litre. This record, coupled with the lightness of the unit, places this engine right at the pinnacle of naturally aspirated powertrain development.

To achieve the lowest weight possible the block in the T.50 is made from a high-strength aluminium alloy, the crankshaft is made from steel and weighs only 13 kilograms, and the connecting rods and valves are made from titanium – as is the clutch housing. This all contributed to engine weight of just 178kg – yet another road-car record.

Engine Spec

No. cylinders: 12
    Capacity: 3,994cc
    V-angle: 65°
    Power: 652 bhp
    Aspiration: Naturally aspirated
    Bore: 81.5 mm
    Stroke: 63.8 mm
    Compression ratio: 14:1
    Max power: 663 PS @ 11,500 rpm
    Power to weight ratio: 672 PS per tonne
    Weight to power ratio: 150 kg per 100 PS
    Max torque: 467 Nm @ 9,000 rpm
    Flexibility: 71% of max torque @ 2,500 rpm
    Maximum rpm: 12,100 rpm
    Valve train: Gear driven double overhead camshafts
    Inclined axis 4 valves per cylinder – variable valve timing on inlet / exhaust
    Induction system: RAM induction airbox – 4 throttle bodies – Direct Path Induction Sound
    Exhaust system: Inconel and Titanium
    Lubrication system: Dry sump
    Cooling system: Water-cooled – twin aluminium front radiators
    Oil cooling system: Single aluminium rear radiator
    Ignition system: 12 individual coils 12-volt
    Starter/alternator: 48-volt gear driven integrated starter / generator
    Exhaust emission control: 4 catalytic convertors with Lambda sensors and secondary air injection
    Engine block: Aluminium alloy
    Cylinder heads: Aluminium alloy
    Connection rods: Titanium
    Valves: Titanium
    Total engine weight: 178 kg
    Engine mounting: Semi-structural-inclined axis shear mounting (IASM)
    Power density: 166 PS-per-litre

Link 1:  https://www.cosworth.com/case_studies/t-50/

***** Powering Gordon Murray Automotive’s T.50 supercar - Cosworth V12 Engine *****

POWERING THE GORDON MURRAY AUTOMOTIVE T.50 SUPERCAR

(11 August 2020)

When the all-new Gordon Murray Automotive T.50 supercar made its public debut on 4 August, car enthusiasts around the world were rapt. Every single part of the car was scrutinised, including our 3.9-litre V12 engine, which GMA describe as ‘the most engaging, characterful and driver-focused V12 engine ever produced.’

The 3.9-litre T.50 engine delivers maximum power (663PS) at 11,500rpm, on its way to a 12,100rpm redline. The maximum torque figure of 467Nm is produced at 9,000rpm, while the pick-up is a record-breaking 28,400 revs per second.

The T.50 has the highest power density (166PS-per-litre) of any road-going V12. It is also the lightest ever made thanks to a combination of exceptional design and lightweight materials (aluminium, steel and titanium) resulting in a total engine weight of just 178kg.

With a focus on driver engagement, the T.50’s engine will be the highest-revving and most responsive naturally-aspirated engine ever fitted to a production road car.

Fed by a roof-mounted cold-air ram induction inlet, the T.50 powerplant delivers 71% of its peak torque from 2,500rpm, with its maximum (467Nm) achieved at 9,000rpm. This usability, and the outright performance of the engine is coupled to another major achievement: the unit produces the highest power density of any naturally aspirated road car engine – 166PS-per-litre.

Packing this amount of power into the world’s lightest road car V12 (just 178kg) required yet more innovation. To achieve the weight target, the block is made from a high-strength aluminium alloy and the connecting rods, valves and clutch housing are titanium.

Focusing again on the driving experience, Murray strived for the engine to have very compact external dimensions and the lowest possible centre of gravity. Here, reducing the F1’s 125mm crank height was the goal, a feat more than achieved by the Cosworth team – the T.50’s crank sits just 85mm from the bottom of the engine.

Beneath the car’s two rear gullwing openings, Murrays motorsport heritage influences the appearance of the Cosworth GMA V12. Inspired by race car engines, it uses gear-driven ancillaries for lightness, with the added benefit of a clean and uncluttered engine bay. Murray was determined that the engine should be devoid of unsightly belts. All of the ancillaries are carefully positioned out of sight leaving the block heads, primary exhaust manifolds and inlet trumpets centre stage.

As well as effectively being an engineering work of art, T.50’s engine is semi-structural, providing much of the rigidity and weight saving found in a race car, without compromising driver comfort and cabin refinement. The semi-structural layout saves weight and increases stiffness while avoiding the noise, vibration and harshness penalties typically found with fully structural units, which increase cabin noise and hamper ride comfort.

As part of the early development process, the team surpassed efficiency and emissions requirements and completed plans for two engine maps. These driver-selectable modes ensure the T.50 is not only the ultimate driver’s car but is equally at home as a GT or a daily driver. While the engine offers usability and high-performance in either mode, ‘GT mode’ limits revs to 9,500rpm and with 600PS available, making the car even easier to drive around town.

If the driver selects ‘Power mode’, the full breadth of the car’s ability is unleashed, utilising all 663PS, and accessing the engine’s full 12,100rpm rev range. In this mode in particular, it promises to be one of the best sounding road car engines ever made – achieved partly through the extensive rev-range, but also influenced by the car’s Direct Path Induction Sound engineering, which channels the sound of the fabulous V12 into the cabin.

Gordon Murray: “To be truly remarkable, an engine needs to have the right characteristics: highly-responsive, an amazing sound, engaging torque delivery, free-revving, and it has to be naturally aspirated. For all those reasons, the engine in the T.50 was never going to be anything other than a V12.”

Extract from GMA T.50 press release

Link 2:  https://www.cosworth.com/uncategorized/powering-the-gordon-murray-automotive-t-50-supercar/

Smiley

cnc:

^

You could also make the argument that it is simply a more pure car, in the traditional sense of automobiles as we know them. I am pretty sure Porsche engineering and cognoscenti hold the CGT in much higher "esteem" than some pseudo experts. I know who has great influence upon me!

If you are looking for a CGT, aren't you glad there is one less competing bidder? Smiley

--

"The supercars sending the V12 engine out with a bang"

Gordon Murray Design T50 supercar

- by Andrew FrankeI

"For over 100 years and on both road and track we have marvelled to the sound of a dozen perfectly balanced cylinders and, when bonnets were lifted, thrilled to their sight too. To me there is no greater expression of what I love about engines than the sight of a Ferrari Testa Rossa V12, with its red cam covers sandwiching a regiment of twin-choke downdraught Webers.

But they’re finished. Despite the fact that V12s are still used by Aston Martin, Bentley (if you count its strange W12 formation), BMW, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Mercedes-Benz and Rolls-Royce and with two more about to go into production – of which more in a minute – their days are numbered.

Of course, manufacturers like Ferrari and Lamborghini, which have built their reputations on the back of the V12, won’t give you a precise sell-by date, but their future is simply not sustainable. These engines are magnificent dinosaurs, padding about the planet, watching the asteroid of electrification hurtle earthbound, knowing that nothing but extinction awaits. Will any still be here in 10 years? Not a chance.

Gordon Murray T50 Cosworth V12 engine

So it says something for the human spirit that at least two brand new, designed-from-scratch V12s are shortly to go into production. Both are built by Cosworth; one displaces 6.5 litres and is destined for the Formula 1-derived Aston Martin Valkyrie; the other a more modest 4 litres designed for Gordon Murray’s McLaren F1-replacing T.50 supercar.

There are several interesting aspects to both engines. Most notably and despite the vast amounts of additional power and torque that would be available, neither is turbocharged. Yet both make full use of the V12’s greatest traditional strength: yielding maximum power from any given capacity. In the Aston’s case that’s a nice round 1000bhp, while the T.50 generates 654bhp.

But in fact it is Gordon Murray’s motor that has the highest specific output, each litre providing a motorcycle-like 164bhp, compared to the Aston’s 154bhp. However while the Aston engine sounds quite peaky, requiring all of 7000rpm before it’ll yield its 545lb ft of torque, Gordon’s car is playing a different game altogether, needing 9000rpm to deliver 345lb ft of torque. The former will spin to 11,100rpm, the latter a dizzying 12,100rpm.

They can do this because both are unimaginably expensive, ultra-low-volume cars that are purely recreational in purpose and which will live as small parts of large collections and only be brought out, if at all, when conditions and the environment are exactly right for them.

But why did both companies choose a V12 configuration?

For Aston Martin it wasn’t actually an immediate choice. They looked briefly at a V8 and rather longer at a twin-turbo V6 but ultimately reached the same conclusion at which Gordon Murray arrived, albeit for slightly different reasons. Aston chose a V12 partly because, well, it’s a V12, but also because its relatively narrow (65-degree) vee angle and absence of turbos, intercoolers and associated plumbing would provide as little impedance of the air flow under the car as possible, allowing downforce to be maximised.

Gordon Murray chose 12 cylinders largely because he felt that it was the ultimate configuration for his ultimate road car.

Overhead view of Aston Martin Valkyrie

Hybrid Aston Martin Valkyrie can call on an electric boost

Interesting that. Twelve cylinders, not 16. True, V16 road cars have not been around for quite as long as V12 road cars but they’ve still been built on and off for over 90 years. There’s no specific engineering reason for it: a V16 is perfectly balanced so I think what we’re seeing is the Goldilocks effect coming into play. Engines below a certain capacity don’t gain enough in terms of additional power over a V12 than they lose in terms of mechanical complexity, which is why the only 16-cylinder engine in production today is Bugatti’s 8-litre monster used in the Chiron. That said, if you built, say, a 6-litre supercar engine with fewer than 12 cylinders, you might not be too bothered about the potential lost power, but some people will just feel a little short-changed.

Ferrari 330 TRi

Ferrari’s 1962 V12-powered 330 TRI was the last front-engined car to win Le Mans

It’s the reason Mercedes-Benz keeps an ancient V12 for its Maybach limousine despite the fact its AMG V8 is a far more modern and better engine, capable of producing much more power. And it is known many Bentley customers will only choose the 12-cylinder motor, perhaps through fear of being trumped, regardless of its suitability. Rolls-Royce, since its rebirth 18 years ago, has only ever installed V12 engines below those imposing bonnets.

Simply put, and in the world of the petrol engine, even when a V12 may not be technically the best choice, it is still seen as such. It comes with an emotion dimension, a pedigree and class other configurations lack. But that world is perishing before our eyes. Internal combustion engines are shrinking, withering away and soon will be dead. And the V12 will be among the first to be officially listed as extinct. They are already some decades from their heyday and exist now more as curios, charming remnants of a time that has been, but is now almost gone."

Link:  https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/archive/article/november-2021/98/the-supercars-sending-the-v12-engine-out-with-a-bang/

Smiley

Gordon Murray Automotive at Goodwood...E0F26BDD-E91B-4EF4-964B-7C4204B9E420.gif

"The 80th Goodwood Members' Meeting saw the public debut of T.33 Spider, the T.50 development story told through the paddock display and on-track demonstrations... and some Heritage content too through BT52, T.1 and the Duckhams LM..."

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcpTDpsOOjs

Smiley

I get such a great feeling reading about this incredible V12!

The T.50 is such a collection of contradictions.

So Murray spec-ed PS4s for tires for 'everyday' driving, wanted to stress the car isn't about performance, yet he stick a fan in the back to give it very meaningful downforce which was actually about performance. But he skipped a front axle lift which is something needed for actual every day driving in such a low car for 'weight' reason, yet he added weight back to the car for the soft closing doors. 

Almost like he actually forgot what he wanted for the car.

That V12 is such a gem of an engine, but it's totally wasted pairing with the manual gearbox. The engine revs so fast and hard to the limiter, it basically begs for a PDK to get the best out of it. If a 3 times Indy winner that drove race cars with manuals still bangs on the rev limiter regularly, that's a hint the engine is revving too fast for manual shifting. It's like pairing 700hp RWD cars with 205 tires, what a waste. 

--

There are parts of Gordon still living in the 80's Smiley

Totaly agree with your post. I really do not understand this "hype" about manual gearboxes. My Ferarri 550 was my last manual gear box car. For my,not an easy car to drive. Why spend 2 mlj plus on a car an opt out a PDK, just for weight?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688055 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408494 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255458 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234684 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65314 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4632 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857414 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773066 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM