Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayman Language: English Region: Worldwide Sticky: yes Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021)

Slight update.

It would seems Porsche might have a quality control problem for the carbon hood. 

Along 3 of the 4 sides of the hood, there are noticeable 'bubble' and pitting. Not sure how the delivery dealer failed to caught it, but my trusted foreman saw it and already filed a warranty claim with Porsche. 

It would seems to be coming from the hood was clear coated before the resin has fully cured, thus some bubbles where trapped. 

And yes I asked, I would be able to keep the defective hood, Porsche wants it back. 

My clear foil will have to wait until the replacement hood arrives. Or I can foil the car first without doing the hood. 

--

Whoopsy:

Slight update.

It would seems Porsche might have a quality control problem for the carbon hood. 

Along 3 of the 4 sides of the hood, there are noticeable 'bubble' and pitting. Not sure how the delivery dealer failed to caught it, but my trusted foreman saw it and already filed a warranty claim with Porsche. 

It would seems to be coming from the hood was clear coated before the resin has fully cured, thus some bubbles where trapped. 

And yes I asked, I would be able to keep the defective hood, Porsche wants it back. 

My clear foil will have to wait until the replacement hood arrives. Or I can foil the car first without doing the hood. 

Good to know...just in case BMW has similar issues. Smiley

Sorry to hear that but you get a new one, so everything is good. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), BMW Z4 M40i (2022), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

Gentlemen,

My gt4rs allocation has finally come up, should I take it?  Thanks for your input.

Given your various health issues, do you really need this car? It isn't easy on the body.

That said, you probably can make a tidy profit should you decide to sell the car.kiss

--

The purpose of life is to enjoy the moment.

watt:

Gentlemen,

My gt4rs allocation has finally come up, should I take it?  Thanks for your input.

The question is: Is it for you or someone else or for some sort of collection. I would probably take it, try it and if I don’t like it…GT4 RS are in very high demand right now. My son would kill for one. 👀😂

C’mon, Watt…if you want it, get it. Life is too short for regrets. 😉

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), BMW Z4 M40i (2022), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

watt:

Gentlemen,

Do you have a solid reason to NOT take it? Smiley

--

Guards red without WP in Monaco:

It looks surprisingly good in guards red.

--

If I don't fly, I drive my .:RS :)

Whoopsy:
    watt:

Gentlemen,

SmileySmiley 

tso:
    Whoopsy:
    watt:

Gentlemen,

SmileySmiley 

GT4 RS will bring your heart rate right up when you will slammer it trough the canyons. Short gears and  GT3 engine.  But you need to be ready for the noise . If you are willing to have a young energetic untamed pet, then go for it.

BTW: it looks like production/deliveries of 4RS has cranked up.

Although not yet official, the Spyder RS looks awfully tempting.

tso:
    Whoopsy:
    watt:

Gentlemen,

SmileySmiley 

This is the kind of shopping advise we really come here for Smiley

I want watt to get it just so I can see the Crew in it.

Gnil:
    tso:
    Whoopsy:
    watt:

Gentlemen,

SmileySmiley 

GT4 RS will bring your heart rate right up when you will slammer it trough the canyons. Short gears and  GT3 engine.  But you need to be ready for the noise . If you are willing to have a young energetic untamed pet, then go for it.

HaHa, only because it's kinda silly looking with that wing! But Form follows function, and it really functions!!!!  

watt:

HaHa, only because it's kinda silly looking with that wing! But Form follows function, and it really functions!!!!  

Fully agree , not a pretty car . Only nice from very few angles. 

IMG_1624.JPG

--

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

Joost:

+1

IMG_1635.JPG

--

That black one looks awesome

watt:
    Gnil:
    tso:
    Whoopsy:
    watt:

Gentlemen,

SmileySmiley 

Watt, I am happy to go back to back on your allocation mate…. That said, your Pista is a must have and the turbo s daily is pretty decent so do you really need it… Well that said life is short so why not….

996FourEss:
    watt:
    Gnil:
    tso:
    Whoopsy:
    watt:

Gentlemen,

SmileySmiley 

Watt, I am happy to go back to back on your allocation mate…. That said, your Pista is a must have and the turbo s daily is pretty decent so do you really need it… Well that said life is short so why not….

Haha 

these are all discretionary purchases, none of us need anything but a Honda, except Eric and the track boys…. Well in the empty desert I need cars that will run 165 mph for hours on lousy bumpy two lane…. Our behaviour is discretionary however.

the Weissach unneeded here but requires a dark colour to blend it to avoid another Porsche cartoon, hard to hide the ricer wing, and these buckets truly are poor compared to the recaros of old and most blatantly v Ferrari buckets.

But i remember the balance of my gt4 and it’s wretched gear set- with this gear set and more power I might go back to the track- 

watt:
    996FourEss:
    watt:
    Gnil:
    tso:
    Whoopsy:
    watt:

Gentlemen,

SmileySmiley 

Haha 

these are all discretionary purchases, none of us need anything but a Honda, except Eric and the track boys…. Well in the empty desert I need cars that will run 165 mph for hours on lousy bumpy two lane…. Our behaviour is discretionary however.

the Weissach unneeded here but requires a dark colour to blend it to avoid another Porsche cartoon, hard to hide the ricer wing, and these buckets truly are poor compared to the recaros of old and most blatantly v Ferrari buckets.

But i remember the balance of my gt4 and it’s wretched gear set- with this gear set and more power I might go back to the track- 

You are so well suited to be driving a Dakar!! Smiley

--

IMG_1636.JPG

--

I really don't have any cars that I remotely put above the 918 or close to it.......

As of right now, the GT4RS got the spot and is not even remotely close. 

Nothing Porsche made in the last 70 years ever come close. Not even the much publicized CGT. That thing got nothing on the GT4RS. 

it is THE best car Porsche made, above the 918.

--

So I recon you quite like it, Nick? :D
    What makes the car so special? Thanks btw for posting Jason's pictures, they are really beautiful, great spec!
    Are you planning to replace the blinkers with white ones?

Cheers,
    -Joost-

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

Whoopsy:

IMG_1636.JPG

The car looks fantastic, and the wheels Smiley

Though the color of the wheels is a bit jarring, overall the combination of colors make the car look unique and special. Nick good job.kiss

--

The purpose of life is to enjoy the moment.

Whoopsy:

IMG_1636.JPG

Amazing photo

Joost:

So I recon you quite like it, Nick? :D
    What makes the car so special? Thanks btw for posting Jason's pictures, they are really beautiful, great spec!
    Are you planning to replace the blinkers with white ones?

Cheers,
    -Joost-

haha the blinkers were changed to white ones after the shoot, didn't arrive in time.

And this is the one and only GT4RS, never one before and won't have another one after. 

Sweet spot for hp for street cars is 500hp, this car has that. also a tight, nimble little mid-engine chassis to go with it.

Intakes inside the cabin, no need to say more. 

You've been inside my McLaren, remember that feeling? The GT4RS delivered more of that. 

--

Whoopsy:

IMG_1636.JPG

Smiley

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    781838 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442824 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263480 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261878 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85969 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5996 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881646 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    819590 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM