Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 992 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020)

Thanks to all!!!

IMG_6762.jpeg

watt:

Thanks to all!!!

IMG_6762.jpeg

What a great pic and a good looking car. Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Brilliant Watt

--

1988 Peugeot 205 Rallye / 2004 Porsche 996 GT3 RS  / 2018 Mercedes-AMG E63 S / 2020 Ferrari 812SF

What an amazing picture, Watt!

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

Great picture !

Is that Carrera White?

--

The purpose of life is to enjoy the moment.

watt:

Thanks to all!!!

IMG_6762.jpeg

I bet the Chinese love your car as well... Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), BMW Z4 M40i (2022), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

His car doesn't have red interior.....Mainland Chinese only love white exterior with red interior. 

90% of the cars sold here to Mainland Chinese are white on red, doesn't matter the brand, Porsche, BMW, Acura, whatever. 

Car dealers purposefully order stock cars in that configuration so they can sell them to Mainland Chinese walk in's. 

--

RC:
    watt:

Thanks to all!!!

IMG_6762.jpeg

I bet the Chinese love your car as well... Smiley Smiley

HaHa,

When PORSCHE decided to design all product for the China market.... they didn't think through giving a lethal rocket ship to such notoriously poor drivers... How do you say WidowMaker in 6 dialects? Imagine the fatalities this rig will generate.

This car is better balanced than the original WidowMaker, with no lag, but it's faster than God.  When I find myself running the deserts at 165 mph, jail is just around the corner.  This car is a drug, a powerful opiate of Speed.  I wholeheartedly agree with Nick -- this is the greatest sports car everSmiley

IMG_6760.jpeg

Whoopsy:

His car doesn't have red interior.....Mainland Chinese only love white exterior with red interior. 

90% of the cars sold here to Mainland Chinese are white on red, doesn't matter the brand, Porsche, BMW, Acura, whatever. 

Car dealers purposefully order stock cars in that configuration so they can sell them to Mainland Chinese walk in's. 

I was actually referring to that Chinese "spy balloon" over Montana recently... Smiley Maybe it took a pic or two of his car. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), BMW Z4 M40i (2022), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

Whoopsy:

I think they have to custom order Lipstick Red nowSmiley 

The Lightweight package only comes in black,  but I didn't chase it as my broken neck has limited my bucket seats mandate, but thanks to PORSCHE for offering themSmiley. If I order a turbo S, I'd likely order it though.  How is the LW option with 18 way seats LW???Smiley

RC:
    Whoopsy:

I was actually referring to that Chinese "spy balloon" over Montana recently... Smiley Maybe the took a pic or two of his car. Smiley

Too funny that's actually 'news'. "Spy balloon'. Smiley

What about all those spy satellites up in space? Those have been spying for the longest time Smiley

--

watt:
    Whoopsy:

The Lightweight package only comes in black,  but I didn't chase it as my broken neck has limited my bucket seats mandate, but thanks to PORSCHE for offering themSmiley. If I order a turbo S, I'd likely order it though.  How is the LW option with 18 way seats LW???Smiley

If only the Porsche buckets are half as good as the Ferrari buckets. Those are top notch and benchmark for the rest of the industry. 

--

Whoopsy:
    watt:
    Whoopsy:

If only the Porsche buckets are half as good as the Ferrari buckets. Those are top notch and benchmark for the rest of the industry. 

Yes, my preference is Ferrari buckets with NO LIFT.  The PORSCHE bucket in the LW package, in my GT4, etc is quite sh.tty and since LW only saves 66 lbs not worth any hassle ordering a new car.  

Whoopsy:
    RC:
    Whoopsy:

I was actually referring to that Chinese "spy balloon" over Montana recently... Smiley Maybe the took a pic or two of his car. Smiley

What about all those spy satellites up in space? Those have been spying for the longest time Smiley

--

I cannot believe you are falling back into using Whataboutism. 😉

Well…space does not equal air space. 😉

Furthermore, the high res cameras work better when they are closer to Earth (distance, distortions of various kinds, etc.) and of course a balloon can stay longer above the same region while satellites “move”.

C’mon, you know this. 😉👀

--

That balloon, actually an airship since it was under control with a propulsion system, wasn’t overflying much of continental United States to take pictures.  Remote sensing has moved on from photography.  

CGX car nut:

That balloon, actually an airship since it was under control with a propulsion system, wasn’t overflying much of continental United States to take pictures.  Remote sensing has moved on from photography.  

Well, it overflew Montana and rumors indicate that there was a high res camera onboard. Smiley

I guess the US government will, at some point, unveil the whole story about this balloon...or not...if they want to improve their relationship to the Chinese government. 

--

It overflew four USAF installations critical to our Global Strike Force.  Cameras reveal little of what exists in the hangers, depots, and bunkers at those bases.  If one were to speculate, the balloon payload included a gamma ray device to determine the status of our nuclear arsenal.  That’s why it was a balloon and not a satellite.  The CCP could purchase reasonably useful high definition images of those bases online without creating a diplomatic row. 

CGX car nut:

It overflew four USAF installations critical to our Global Strike Force.  Cameras reveal little of what exists in the hangers, depots, and bunkers at those bases.  If one were to speculate, the balloon payload included a gamma ray device to determine the status of our nuclear arsenal.  That’s why it was a balloon and not a satellite.  The CCP could purchase reasonably useful high definition images of those bases online without creating a diplomatic row. 

You're giving Chinese spy tech too much credit. Smiley

The balloon is cheap to build/operate, it is closer to Earth, it can be used as an excuse, it can stay stationary for a while (it is not a secret that many governments move around/test their top secret stuff when the "others" can't look because their satellites aren't in actual "peeking" range anymore). High res cameras doesn't mean commercial high res and often, from some areas, you cannot buy images because they simply aren't available on the open market and it would draw attention as well.

Then, there is the lack of detectability: China could easily deploy a couple of dozen of balloons with surveillance or even other (more damaging) tech/payloads without the US even noticing. I guess the US is warned now...not sure how they want to completely prevent further spy balloons though.

--

Why such balloons are not shot down when flying over the sea or deserted areas, since there is suspicion over their mission?

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"

reginos:

Why such balloons are not shot down when flying over the sea or deserted areas, since there is suspicion over their mission?

Good question. There are various explanations but I'm still not sure which one to trust. Fact is: That balloon was really huge and heavy, not what people think when they are thinking of a balloon. I wouldn't be surprised if the Americans actually took very close pictures of this balloon to assess the payload before they shot it down. Surely wasn't easy at the height it was going...

--

RC:
    Whoopsy:
    RC:
    Whoopsy:

--

I cannot believe you are falling back into using Whataboutism. 😉

Well…space does not equal air space. 😉

Furthermore, the high res cameras work better when they are closer to Earth (distance, distortions of various kinds, etc.) and of course a balloon can stay longer above the same region while satellites “move”.

C’mon, you know this. 😉👀

Spying is spying. There is no whataboutism there. 

Americans, and the old Soviets had been using spy planes forever, flying over other countries' air space. The Chinese is only like 60 years late in doing it and also using a balloon instead of a plane, is there a difference there? Nope.

is someone going to split hair and say spying from space using satellite is 'different' than using a flying object over air space? It's still spying. 

Heck, countries are full of spies on the ground from all other countries too, be it Russian American Chinese or whoever. 

And we haven't even gotten to internet hacking spies. Do we think only the North Koreans, Russians and Chinese are doing it? Hardly. Everyone is playing in the same patch of dirt. 

And no, satellites doesn't have to 'move', one can park a satellite on a geosynchronous orbit and it will stay exactly where it is over a patch of the Earth. Who is to say the Americans don't have a few parked over some places they want to watch closely? Or the Chinese fro that matters? 

--

IMG_5420.jpg

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

First known kill for the F-22. 

Sadly that pic was debunked as a photoshop from an earlier test flight. yes

indecision

Screenshot_20230208_000511_JEFIT.jpg

No need to spy on our nuclear arsenal. We disclose the information by various means. All they had to do is ask.

--

nberry:

No need to spy on our nuclear arsenal. We disclose the information by various means. All they had to do is ask.

SmileySmileySmiley

I can assure you that the US is not always that dumb, some stuff stays hidden and secret. Smiley

I always have to laugh when I read about UFO sightings in the US...

--

Christian, the whole point of a nuclear arsenal is deterrence. Nothing more. They all know a nuclear war would end civilization. Thus the reason for being transparent regarding what you possess.

--

nberry:

Christian, the whole point of a nuclear arsenal is deterrence. Nothing more. They all know a nuclear war would end civilization. Thus the reason for being transparent regarding what you possess.

If that's what you believe, then can I sell you the Golden Gates Bridge?Smiley

American military is one of the most non-transparent there are out there, right up with Russians and China on nuclear capability.

While there are some 'published' yield rate, those are of a range of output and encompasses a giant range of numbers, basically from tactical to strategic strength from one warhead. 

Strategic nukes are hate ones that will end civilizations, but low yield tactical ones? Those will be very useful .

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688576 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408704 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255522 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234786 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65394 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4635 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857584 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773378 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM